Author Topic: [IC] GMK ADA  (Read 42596 times)

Offline azzipa

Re: [IC] GMK ADA
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 11:24:07 »
The red looks quite nice however the minions of Mme Cliquot (Barbe Ponsardin) may take umbrage as lawyers can get a bit protective when it comes to trademarks. That said, an Escape and Enter key with same base color and Red text legends would get my attention!

Ha, I've gifted some friends this bubbly before for their birthdays. It's a good one.

My only feedback is that the white and yellow aren't the only colors incorporated in the branding of Veuve Clicquot. There is also a shade of light red that dots the labels. I think that completes the color scheme. I highly recommend you figure out a way to incorporate that into your primary colors, whether it's in your legends or as novelties/artisans.

GLWIC!

That's a really good idea.  Even if you were to simply include an Escape and Enter key with red legends.   It could work wonderfully!

Offline mimalik

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 04 January 2021, 13:55:16 »
Love it, will def buy. I may be in a minority here, but plz also consider Latin/Hiragana legend as a separate kit. It will be a good homage to GameOfDeath/KillBill iconic yellow/black jumpsuit motif.

Offline Shiba1337

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 09 January 2021, 21:44:01 »
Out of all the GMK sets I've seen, this is one of them.

Offline ZelphaZ

« Reply #53 on: Sun, 10 January 2021, 19:49:15 »
need this with hiragana instant buy  :D

Offline Schmack

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 12 January 2021, 19:41:04 »
This would look so good on my Yolk U80 lol, I WANT YELLOW EXPLOSION

Offline anticlockwise5

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 12 January 2021, 19:56:42 »
Cheddar

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 17:29:15 »
I'd buy this if it ran. Can't help but be a fan of the monocolored base keysets.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 31 January 2021, 20:01:51 »
I hope this set moves forward. one of my faves in the last few months.

Offline chris_1865

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 14:59:19 »
Simple and yellow set is always my 1st perference. Defenitely will in for this.

Offline Trivent

• Trivent Keyboards
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 15:01:05 »
Are there going to be any different alpha colors? I know the solid color will be cheaper to produce, but the solid yellow is a bit hard to look at, IMO tho

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 16:44:49 »
Are there going to be any different alpha colors? I know the solid color will be cheaper to produce, but the solid yellow is a bit hard to look at, IMO tho

Doesn’t even look like this is gonna be a buy. Hope I’m wrong...

Offline Dafraz117

« Reply #61 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 17:52:43 »
Unfortunately a week after posting the IC, my father was diagnosed with ALS. Along with figuring out what to do about his situation, I am business partners with my father, so it has caused a large increase in my workload on both fronts. So this passion project has taken a back seat as a result. I hope to be able to still run this set. I really appreciate people loving this set and I still really want this set too. I have been debating whether I can handle the time commitment of marketing the set along with handling everything with family and business. I have also been debating how public I should be about the details of my situation which is why I have been radio silent till now. I have been debating several scenarios: 1. Me running the set. 2. Me handing the set off to either a retailer or community member 3. Dropping this set.

1. If I run the set, I do not plan to spend time adding novelties. I will clean up the kitting to get rid of duplicate keys and would plan on limited marketing if any.
2. This would entail handing all design decisions and profits off to someone else. They can decide to add novelties etc. There were some great ideas people had for additions to the set. If anyone is interested feel free to reach out. I will let those people know when I decide what to do.
3. Dropping the set and simply opening the idea up to anyone in the future that wants to do something similar.

Really appreciate the support guys and apologies for the radio silence!

Offline synthtastic

« Reply #62 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 19:25:44 »
Unfortunately a week after posting the IC, my father was diagnosed with ALS. Along with figuring out what to do about his situation, I am business partners with my father, so it has caused a large increase in my workload on both fronts. So this passion project has taken a back seat as a result. I hope to be able to still run this set. I really appreciate people loving this set and I still really want this set too. I have been debating whether I can handle the time commitment of marketing the set along with handling everything with family and business. I have also been debating how public I should be about the details of my situation which is why I have been radio silent till now. I have been debating several scenarios: 1. Me running the set. 2. Me handing the set off to either a retailer or community member 3. Dropping this set.

1. If I run the set, I do not plan to spend time adding novelties. I will clean up the kitting to get rid of duplicate keys and would plan on limited marketing if any.
2. This would entail handing all design decisions and profits off to someone else. They can decide to add novelties etc. There were some great ideas people had for additions to the set. If anyone is interested feel free to reach out. I will let those people know when I decide what to do.
3. Dropping the set and simply opening the idea up to anyone in the future that wants to do something similar.

Really appreciate the support guys and apologies for the radio silence!
That really sucks. I sincerely wish you and your family the best. Please take care of yourself and your father. Expensive plastic can wait until the right time.
Expensive plastic makes me sigh.

Offline azzipa

« Reply #63 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 19:54:07 »
@dafraz117 - hoping for the best for your pa, you and the rest of the family. and thanks for checking in. i sincerely wish you strength through what were already trying times. if you decide this is a relatively healthy distraction I’m sure there are many who would help out, me included. if it’s simply too much then that’s the way it is. whatever you decide is the right choice.

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 23:29:27 »
Best wishes during this difficult time. That disease doesn't give you the benefit of a regular timetable relative to planning and logistics much less the feelings relative to an illness affecting a loved one.

I don't have much in keyset expertise or the ability to draw anything more detailed than a Bernoulli number to say nothing of the theoretical Note G deskmat, but if someone taking it over wants render money I can help there. I'm also not the only one who will still want this in 18 months.

Offline Dafraz117

[IC] GMK ADA
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 20 May 2021, 10:17:48 »
No updates yet. Been to busy to really work on this at all. I appreciate the support and the kind words above :).

I wanted to make a post about something I care about today which is Dieter Rams 89th birthday. Today and today only you can watch the “Rams” documentary for free thanks to the director Gary Hustwit. Here is the link: https://www.ohyouprettythings.com/rams

The orangish yellow he uses in many of his designs is another inspiration behind this set!

Also I made an insta a while back! Feel free to follow! @bord_lyron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Thu, 20 May 2021, 10:20:16 by Dafraz117 »

Offline azzipa

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 20 May 2021, 12:16:02 »
good to hear from you and thanks for the link! hoping i have time this evening to watch. and yes, this set is still in my 'watched' folder! hope your pa is doing ok.

Offline alexmakesthings

• Portfolio
« Reply #67 on: Sun, 30 May 2021, 10:02:21 »
Take my money.

Offline Technofrikus

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 31 May 2021, 11:07:28 »
I like it! A nice saturated color.

Would love to see a render with a black keyboard. I think the other color combinations dont look as good sadly (except yolk), although I really like the color.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Offline vheissu

• Pragmatic Geometrist
« Reply #69 on: Sun, 13 June 2021, 22:09:20 »
Ne update?

Didn't read the update above. Hoping for the best for you and your family. Focus on the things that really matter. <3
« Last Edit: Fri, 31 December 2021, 01:22:33 by vheissu »

Offline autocast

« Reply #70 on: Sun, 13 June 2021, 22:26:35 »
Would love to see a render with a black keyboard. I think the other color combinations dont look as good sadly (except yolk), although I really like the color.

Also would love to see a black/dark gray keyboard render TKL especially.

This is such a nice yellow, reminds me of Signal Yellow Porsche GT3 with black contrasting accents

Finally, thank you very much for including Super R5 1.5u in the Extension kit. You are a legend

Offline mytommy

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 22 April 2022, 23:59:10 »
ayo bro Dafraz117

just checking in if this set is still happening after a year of the news you got?

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 25 April 2022, 20:48:10 »
I forgot I was following this? Damn, what a nice color.

« Reply #73 on: Tue, 26 April 2022, 22:04:49 »
I’d love if this ran someday. Hope alls well dafraz.