Author Topic: Illuminati I1  (Read 2383 times)

Offline typo

Illuminati I1
« on: Tue, 15 September 2020, 16:37:36 »
I was wondering why there was never any mention of this keyboard on Geekhack? This is most certainly an end game keyboard. It is basically a somewhat(and much heavier) updated version of a OTD LZ-SE.They have a website if you Google it. I have something similar in a 105 key that is even a good deal heavier. Mine is also a solid steel case but with an internal and external weight. Mine is one of a kind. I just wondered why this was never mentioned. Or it was and I have overlooked it? It is honestly not really to my liking personally though. I do not like the blocker, the lack of ANSI and I do not like TKL. Plus I like my cases colored. anodized preferred or Cerakoated. Anyways mentioned or not, what do you folks think about this?

Usual disclaimer(This is typo's Grandson)

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Illuminati I1
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 15 September 2020, 22:02:40 »
It's going to be insanely expensive and thereby a limited audience but also it hasn't even graduated beyond interest check, which we try and keep in the group buy and interest check sections. The planned the group buy was delayed.

Also, there is no true endgame keyboard, there is no endgame anything.
Yes, it may be your last but things constantly evolve, your needs change, your wants can change.  That's the thing with endgame, it's only endgame until you find the thing that makes it not.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline typo

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 16 September 2020, 01:10:50 »
I know. He has been delaying it since 2017. I guess it might be vaporware.

I got many boards and all kinds of stuff from my Grandfather. This one was truly his Endgame. He passed away using it. In recognition of that I plan to mainly use it. It is a one of a kind custom. It wants for nothing. At least not for me. I am sure I will use other Keeb's at other times but I tend for this to remain my daily driver as long as I can.

Honestly, this being my preference of an anodized 105 key anyhow I probably like it better than the I1 regardless. It actually weighs a good deal more. That is achieved with weights though. The board is 7-1/2" longer than it needs to be. Solid steel helps though. I am not sure if his is water jet cut like this or what. I guess it does not matter because it will probably never be produced. I certainly see your point.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 22:22:26 »
Using what board now Mr. Typo grandson?  / and I do like i1 very much   it's a cool design without the scroll lock
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline typo

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 05:01:29 »
You are making fun that my Grandpa passed away? That is very nice of you. I know not everyone liked him here but please have a little respect. How do you have an I1? They never made them? I do not even want one. I was just asking why it never gets made. My Grandpa left me a ton of stuff. I would call this one my grail. I am not sure what he thought. He had this completely custom made. Please do not try to trip me up with questions. I honestly know very little about this stuff. I just figured I could post here now and then if I have a question or an idea. Of course bearing the disclaimer that I am not "typo".

My thing is music. I make music. Easy listening. You would probably hate it as much as Rap music. Please do not spit on my Grandpa's grave though. He really was a good guy. Even if he had a big mouth.

Please just don't start going after me. I will not engage in it. If you want to say something nice to me or anyone that it welcome. I do see what my Grandpa used to do here. That type of banter interests me in the least.

Offline josephs723

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 05:05:07 »
What in the world are you even saying lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline typo

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 15:18:27 »
I am saying. Why would someone belittle the deceased? Is that simple enough?
If that was his intent?

I guess the apple does not fall far from the tree. I really loved my Grandpa.

I am not going to return here very often. This seems to be a rather hostile environment.  Peace.

Offline noorejji

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 15:28:35 »
Make your own account.

Offline Willtato

• I like small Keyboards
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 15:57:03 »
Sorry you find this place hostile.  I personally don't, but I can't deny the fact that that some may feel differently.

I personally didn't see anything that was too rude however.  While one could consider a message rude and piercing, it could also be a misunderstanding, one being a case of accidentally using the wrong words or just an impact more than intended. 

I think photos/renders provide a lot of information, especially when products aren't readily available.  One can get a general idea if they like a product or if a particular colourway fits with photos.  How does one know if a keycap set fits their needs or if they want to invest in a keyboard during GB?  They have no option but to form their own opinions based on the photos provided, and for that reason, renders are very accurate (although there is the possibility that it may turn out different).

Apologies to your deceased Grandfather, and I'm sure no-one here meant real harm. 

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 22:33:36 »
You are making fun that my Grandpa passed away? That is very nice of you. I know not everyone liked him here but please have a little respect. How do you have an I1? They never made them? I do not even want one. I was just asking why it never gets made. My Grandpa left me a ton of stuff. I would call this one my grail. I am not sure what he thought. He had this completely custom made. Please do not try to trip me up with questions. I honestly know very little about this stuff. I just figured I could post here now and then if I have a question or an idea. Of course bearing the disclaimer that I am not "typo".

My thing is music. I make music. Easy listening. You would probably hate it as much as Rap music. Please do not spit on my Grandpa's grave though. He really was a good guy. Even if he had a big mouth.

Please just don't start going after me. I will not engage in it. If you want to say something nice to me or anyone that it welcome. I do see what my Grandpa used to do here. That type of banter interests me in the least.

I was not trying to make fun of anyone, especially not your grandfather.   Sorry if you took it the wrong way. I'm serious, I had NO bad intentions!

I just wanted to know what keyboard  you were talking about here:

"I got many boards and all kinds of stuff from my Grandfather. This one was truly his Endgame. He passed away using it. In recognition of that I plan to mainly use it. It is a one of a kind custom. It wants for nothing. At least not for me. I am sure I will use other Keeb's at other times but I tend for this to remain my daily driver as long as I can."

Offline typo

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 20 September 2020, 19:31:51 »
I understand. I am just oversensitive. My Grandpa meant a lot to me. I know outsiders may have seen him as abrasive. I took this thread the wrong way though.

If I ever intend to frequent these forums I will open an account. I posted much more than I expected to. I think I am pretty much done.

I plan to use this and that is it. Thank you all for the countless hours of entertainment that you had provided my Grandfather.

Offline diazel

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 06:23:02 »
I understand. I am just oversensitive. My Grandpa meant a lot to me. I know outsiders may have seen him as abrasive. I took this thread the wrong way though.

If I ever intend to frequent these forums I will open an account. I posted much more than I expected to. I think I am pretty much done.

I plan to use this and that is it. Thank you all for the countless hours of entertainment that you had provided my Grandfather.

I've found this forum to be a wealth of knowledge and everyone has seemed very enthusiastic to answer questions or offer their wisdom.
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 September 2020, 12:56:44 by diazel »

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 11:17:54 »
Ok stop it Mr. Diazel,  you are doing the exact  thing we don't want to happen. Leave him alone, and don't call him out. He's still getting used to it.

Have a good day, both of you. And enjoy your keyboards.

Btw Typo Grandson, you still have not told me what keyboard you are using ^_^

Offline diazel

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 12:58:39 »
Point taken, Treeleaf; you are correct. I forgot myself and appreciate the reel in.

Offline Polymer

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 14:44:38 »
Ok stop it Mr. Diazel,  you are doing the exact  thing we don't want to happen. Leave him alone, and don't call him out. He's still getting used to it.

Or not...Seems pretty knowledgeable for someone "new"....LOL..

Offline diazel

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 14:48:07 »
My obsession with turns of phrase is preventing me from understanding your comment, @polymer lol. Were you referring to me or OP?

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 14:52:36 »
If you created an account called 'typo's grandson' I would be exceedingly pleased.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 21:52:08 »
If you created an account called 'typo's grandson' I would be exceedingly pleased.

Me too :D

Offline typo

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 21 September 2020, 23:37:21 »
Thank you so much Moderator for doing what you do :) Of course I am having my feelings hurt. You are doing an a+ job! You can lock this if it is too much to babysit.
People need to watch their words. I live by Kenosha. I do not need to elaborate. I cannot stop anyone. This is futile and completely OT now. If I intend to frequent here I will make an account.
I had all intentions of one to three posts on my Grandfathers account. It got to be 15+. I apologize for that. I am just going to use his stuff and enjoy it. I do not have much interest in it.
I did learn a little. As far as my comment about rap music, It was a complete joke. None of you know me. In perspective, Plenty of people like rap music and also easy listening. Many both. An example of someone you would know whom enjoys both is "Snoop Dog".

Anyways, I certainly mean no one anywhere any ill will. Never my intent. I have no idea how this got out of hand. I had a question about a keyboard that seemingly never gets released. Since the unique case is somewhat similar to what I am using but a TKL. People had asked me. I had replied that my Grandpa had this board completely custom made. Between several different "Fabs". I remember him building it. That has nothing to do with my question.

If I offended anyone, my sincere apologies. I hope we can drop this. I am not sure what I have done so offensive. I will not respond to this thread again.

Although I feel I have said all I have regarding the subject matter. If I ever need troubleshooting ETC. Then I shall open an account. Sadly, by then I am sure typo is all but forgotten here.

Keep spewing forth your vile refuse folks.......
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 September 2020, 23:46:20 by typo »