Author Topic: [IC] GMK ReForged  (Read 42682 times)

Offline nvh2092

Re: [IC] GMK ReForged - Kits updated
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 26 March 2021, 01:26:25 »
Base kit and novelty kit have been updated, very interested in feedback, thanks!
I think you should either remove these 2 from R4 or replace them with another novelty in 1.25 and 1.5u. Will we see novelties for ISO enter?

Serious question can you tell me why?

ISO nov is open for consideration. Would love to hear a few more people request it
Those 2 are already in R1 and R2 and they serve different functions. Have them in R4 for Control/Alt/Super is repetitive and not very logical imo.

Thanks just wanted to see your thinking, I guess the issue I always find with novelties is people use them in different places, some like the bottom row and some like the columns, as part of the layout I was trying to give a variety to everyone.
Also on a 60 percent not having the axe/hammer on the bottom row means novs cant be used, as they dont have a column for novs. (see the Axe renders above)

So would the addition of a novelty at R2 (shield) make more sense, then for those using novelties everywhere could do
Fire
Shield
Helmet
then Axe/Hammer/Tongs combo of 1.25u/1.5u depending on layout?
If I'm not wrong, the majority of the community is 65/75s. If this is the case, people will want different novelties for their macro column and for their R4 mod keys. Having different novelties for R4 Control/Alt/Super will not only benefit the 75/75s but also 60s users as well. I do believe that they who purchase GMK key sets generally own more than 1 keyboards and more than 1 layout. I've been seeing more and more novelty kits which have different keys in macro columns and in R4 Control/Alt/Super. My view could be wrong tho.
Thanks a lot appreciate all your feedback. I guess what I was saying while some caps are duplicated there are different ones as well for the macro column.
And to be honest, I didnt have any more ideas I really liked for additional novelties. Would love suggestions from everyone and would totally consider adding.
I think you can add a sword, a coin, a potion bottle, a furnace/hearth, a blower, a mould or a water container which use to cool off forged weapon. These items are highly related to the theme and some can be used to make iso enter novelties as well.
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 July 2021, 07:42:07 by nvh2092 »

Offline fatboycarney

Re: [IC] GMK ReForged - US and Canadian Vendor added
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 30 March 2021, 23:25:29 »
US and Canadian vendors have been added, welcome to TX Keyboards and Apex Keyboards!!!  :thumb:

Offline fatboycarney

Re: [IC] GMK ReForged - Vendors added
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 31 March 2021, 22:10:20 »
Also added European, UK and LATAM vendors!!  :thumb:

Offline fatboycarney

Re: [IC] GMK ReForged - US vendor Mekibo and SEA vendor added
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 00:21:52 »
Added SEA vendor and updated US vendor with new re-branded name congrats Mekibo on the re-brand!!  :thumb:

Offline fatboycarney

Re: [IC] GMK ReForged - China Vendor, GB September, White Alphas in
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 20:29:56 »
Big updates folks,

ZFrontier is in as vendor for China, GB date is set for September and molten alphas are in!!

The response on the white alphas has been very good so I am adding them in. Some tweaks to that kit may happen but wanted to get it posted ASAP. Iron 165 renders added with molten alphas

Offline Gearman

Re: [IC] GMK ReForged - China Vendor, GB September, Molten Alphas in
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 08 April 2021, 21:01:09 »
This set is straight fire! Molten alphas, white alphas, colors, novelties, all so so good. I thought I was done buying GMK sets, but it looks like I've got at least one more to get.

Offline fatboycarney

Re: [IC] GMK ReForged - China Vendor, GB September, Molten Alphas in
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 22 April 2021, 10:42:57 »
This set is straight fire! Molten alphas, white alphas, colors, novelties, all so so good. I thought I was done buying GMK sets, but it looks like I've got at least one more to get.

For some reason I totally missed this reply, thank you so much!! Glad we could pull you back in for one more!!  :thumb:

Also note I have updated the Artisan makers on board and proud to announce Hellbent Caps is on board, check out his amazing work here https://www.instagram.com/hellbentcaps/

Also expect some updates to render, novelties in a few weeks, but feel free to continue to share feedback!! Thanks!

Offline Vphan

Re: [IC] GMK ReForged - Hellbent Caps on board for Artisan collab
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 08 May 2021, 11:27:44 »
this is really nice! Love that reddish orange shade! What colour code is it by the way? (Apologies if this has been given)

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Offline mvkoto

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 09 May 2021, 02:11:41 »
I'm surprised this doesn't have more comments. Love love the colors you've chosen.

Offline Gh0sty

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 19 June 2021, 17:37:27 »
I am so happy to see this set get another chance. I was so bummed when it got cancelled initially. PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN! It is probably one of the most unique GMK concepts right now IMO.

Offline gminso

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 00:08:22 »
the base kit render from forge post seem much deeper than the base render here. Which one is the close representation?

Offline FluffyWaffle

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 28 June 2021, 13:40:05 »
I absolutely love this, showing my support here by commenting. Will be picking two sets up, one for me and one as a surprise for a friend (whenever this goes live & eventually get shipped).

Offline Timception

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 09:54:15 »
Definitely getting one of these, also because they will be sold at ilumkb, just wish the GB was a little faster than Sep  :confused:

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 15 July 2021, 01:53:22 »
this is really nice! Love that reddish orange shade! What colour code is it by the way? (Apologies if this has been given)

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

It hasnt been shared but I will get it updated on the OP in the next day or so, sorry for the slow reply

I'm surprised this doesn't have more comments. Love love the colors you've chosen.
Thank you!!
I absolutely love this, showing my support here by commenting. Will be picking two sets up, one for me and one as a surprise for a friend (whenever this goes live & eventually get shipped).
Amazing thank you for the support

I am so happy to see this set get another chance. I was so bummed when it got cancelled initially. PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN! It is probably one of the most unique GMK concepts right now IMO.
Amazing the comments are truly fantastic!!!
the base kit render from forge post seem much deeper than the base render here. Which one is the close representation?
I would say that is mostly affected by lighting, the original renders by Abec tend to be on the darker side. However keycaps can be funny, they tend in real life from my experience with GMK Copper (a similar-ish colour) to come out looking darker overall than the chip, just ever so slightly
The reason I bring this up is that Abec did the original renders for GMK Copper and also did the Original renders for GMK Forge (now GMK ReForged) where other renders of Copper came out lighter, however for Copper the Abec renders I think might be the truest representation.
I hope thats not to convoluted of an answer. Feel free to drop by the Discord for more discussion if you are interested 
Definitely getting one of these, also because they will be sold at ilumkb, just wish the GB was a little faster than Sep  :confused:
Thanks very much, ah September will come pretty quickly at least from my perspective lol thanks for the support!!

Offline Mecxs

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 16 July 2021, 03:55:26 »
Great looking set - I ummed and ahhed over SA Copper for a long time, and bought it in the final hour. Glad that I did!

Still - I have stupid eyes.

Is the alt-alpha colour the same as the accented enter colour, or are they different shades?

Offline Gabrielcr78

« Reply #65 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 08:57:48 »
really nice! any chance to add support for ANSI US International layout or ISO Spanish layout?

Offline loftgoose

« Reply #66 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 21:10:07 »
Any news on OCE/Aus vendors? Switchkeys for example would be good.

Offline RoyalOak88

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 30 August 2021, 16:19:17 »
White accent ISO key?

Offline fatboycarney

Re: [IC] GMK ReForged - UPDATE
« Reply #68 on: Sun, 05 September 2021, 22:59:04 »
really nice! any chance to add support for ANSI US International layout or ISO Spanish layout?
Sorry final kits are up now, we have tried to keep the kit as minimal and wide range appeal so we can make MOQ and keep pricing down, hopefully you can find something that works!

Any news on OCE/Aus vendors? Switchkeys for example would be good.
Stay tuned!
Great looking set - I ummed and ahhed over SA Copper for a long time, and bought it in the final hour. Glad that I did!

Still - I have stupid eyes.

Is the alt-alpha colour the same as the accented enter colour, or are they different shades?
Yes same colour!
White accent ISO key?
Similar to note above, kept it out of base to keep price down, however, added a little treat to the novelties hopefully you like them and its worth it to you to grab that kit

Sorry for the limited replies here folks, busy summer, and the set being well known I havent had a lot to add, however I can say feedback has continued to come in on the form and I thank you all for that. It has been very good, with very little requested changes. I hope you like the changes i have added.

The set is in for GMK quoting and we are still hoping for a 3rd week September go live however that could push out a bit depending on when they get back to us!

Offline IMZO

• Matrix shill, and TKL WKL Lover
Re: [IC] GMK ReForged - Fina Kits in for quoting with GMK and updated
« Reply #69 on: Mon, 06 September 2021, 00:09:47 »
Yes sir!
More
Current boards: Jane V2 CE , Matrix 1.2og Silver WKL , Matrix 2.0add coating black WKL, Matrix 2.0add WKL Coating yellow, Satisfaction75 R1 Cloud white, Korno65, Bloop65, HHKB Pro 2 white,Lin Whale Pink WKL, Gok 7v White, Gok 7v Black, Orion V3 Silver WKL, Orion V2.5 Red WKL, Geon F1-8x Silver WK, Haus65 BlueGray, Plume65, Vertigo, Frog TKL WKL GreenF13

Offline fatboycarney

Re: [IC] GMK ReForged - GB starts September 28th!!!
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 22 September 2021, 12:15:55 »
Group Buy goes live September 28th. So happy to be able to bring this set back and much thanks to driftingbunnies for trusting me with this amazing colourway/theme!!!  :thumb:

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #71 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 06:34:54 »
Group Buy goes live September 28th. So happy to be able to bring this set back and much thanks to driftingbunnies for trusting me with this amazing colourway/theme!!!  :thumb:
Nice, do you have pricing for eu?

Offline Dyto69

• 420 blaze it but dont forget 69
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 09:44:52 »
Very very sexy set. A long time since i saw something really good here lmao

Offline fatboycarney

Re: [IC] GMK ReForged - GB starts September 29th!!
« Reply #73 on: Sat, 25 September 2021, 13:25:32 »
Small date change we will go live on the 29th!

Offline fatboycarney

Re: [IC] GMK ReForged - GB starts today!!! Waiting on GB thread approval!!!
« Reply #74 on: Wed, 29 September 2021, 08:55:27 »
Group Buy goes live today, GB  thread is in and just waiting on approval!!!

Offline fatboycarney

Re: [IC] GMK ReForged
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 04 October 2021, 09:53:17 »