Author Topic: [GB] MIRA SE - Custom 80% Keyboard (CLOSED)  (Read 493158 times)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: [GB] MIRA SE - Custom 80% Keyboard (SHIPPING + POLL on extra parts)
« Reply #1550 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 15:26:59 »
Color change - I understand the issues about the color change.
We had issues on telling the colors from photos after EVE moved his factory and got new equipment for finishing.
Any of you that have taken pictures of the Mira realize that the colors are greatly affected by lighting.
I could never tell the true color of the blue - it seemed to change daily and I could never get a good photograph of it. I finally shipped it to Photoelectric to photograph - I tried outdoors, indoor, incandescent lighting, LED lighting - still couldn't get a good representation.

Did you ever wonder why silver and black are the only colors offered in anodized keyboards? Those colors can be reproduced - usually consistently. Grey is one of the hardest. anodizing shops I talked in the US wouldn't even attempt it. Blue is also hard to reproduce - ask LZ about his new board being offered in blue. Look at LZ's Ironman keyboard. The initial orange and the final orange are not the same. I'm sure that was due to anodizing issues and the deeper orange color could not be produced consistently.

I'm sorry if colors are not totally satisfactory - its hard to judge them from photos. Hopefully this at least gives you an idea of why it happens.

This is what I've been saying about anodizing -- It's not a consistent process, and generally two separate batches of anodized products are not the same color. That's why many mass produced anodized products (MACBOOKS) are silver, since it's just clear anodizing, and will always be, as near as makes no difference, the same.

Powdercoat keyboards 2k18

I'm sorry, guys. I will keep the best heat and keep the best MiraSE. I will always do a persistent job here (after sale). I'm very sorry to cause you trouble!!!

No worries EVE. It's pretty hard to see the shadows under normal light, which is what matters to me. I love my MIRA, thanks so much for making it.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Vala

• :smork:
    • Vala Supply
« Reply #1551 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 19:11:29 »
Just got my MIRA; its amazingly heavy and solid, can't wait to put it together.

However, does anyone have a link to more info on the PCB? It's hard to find anything online on how I would go about setting it up correctly. Also curious if it has n-key rollover support.
Thanks, sorry if it has been posted already.

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #1552 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 21:03:55 »
Puddsy "Powdercoat keyboards 2k18"

I looked at doing this in mass quantities and cerakote too. Powdercoating seems to be best done in limited quantities and by a custom guy -  one that does motorcycles and such.
The custom cerakote person known to do the best job in my area tried a keyboard 4 or 5 times. Terrible results and said he would never try one again.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1553 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 22:52:07 »
Show Image

Puddsy "Powdercoat keyboards 2k18"

I looked at doing this in mass quantities and cerakote too. Powdercoating seems to be best done in limited quantities and by a custom guy -  one that does motorcycles and such.
The custom cerakote person known to do the best job in my area tried a keyboard 4 or 5 times. Terrible results and said he would never try one again.

yeah, i agree, look at norb's comments about his powdercoat guy

but a boy can dream

Just got my MIRA; its amazingly heavy and solid, can't wait to put it together.

However, does anyone have a link to more info on the PCB? It's hard to find anything online on how I would go about setting it up correctly. Also curious if it has n-key rollover support.
Thanks, sorry if it has been posted already.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=83950.0

this should help a bit

QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline LDobler

« Reply #1554 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 09:10:45 »
Very happy with the keyboard I received! :thumb:

Color is great and as expected (I got lunar grey). Build quality on the first look is very nice!

Seems like the delays were justified to deliver this great board. All in all it was a great GB!

187247-0

Cheers guys and a big thanks to the guys that made this possible  ;D

Offline odd

« Reply #1555 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 10:12:15 »
what set are you planning on using with it?

I can't decide :(  The safe fall-back option is classic beige Cherry ABS with some GMK Muted accents.  I really want a set of XDA Canvas with Bauhaus legends.  Switches will be smooth stock-spring MX Clears.  But I might be waiting to do assembly until I can get an acrylic plate, we'll see.

Plate matches Jane27, so not too hard to just get one cut if you want it now.

I think they’re different. I asked when Riot was getting Poly plates cut and was told it wasn’t going to fit. :(

I used a Jane polycarb plate and it fit perfect

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #1556 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 12:45:39 »
[/quote]

I think they’re different. I asked when Riot was getting Poly plates cut and was told it wasn’t going to fit. :(
[/quote]

[/quote]

When that question was asked I was working on the wide bodied Mira. The plate would not fit it. After discussion it was decided that we liked the design that you have better. So we discarded the support for the A87.
It does support the NERD, Leeku's alps board, and some Chinese PCB's.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1557 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 13:02:24 »

When that question was asked I was working on the wide bodied Mira. The plate would not fit it. After discussion it was decided that we liked the design that you have better. So we discarded the support for the A87.
It does support the NERD, Leeku's alps board, and some Chinese PCB's.

I see. Thanks ninja.
« Last Edit: Wed, 31 January 2018, 12:06:16 by Puddsy »

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #1558 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 09:56:13 »
The last few boards are on their way to my proxy now. Hopefully I can get them out before Chinese new year. Thank you all for your understanding and patience!  :thumb:
OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1559 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 12:06:33 »
The last few boards are on their way to my proxy now. Hopefully I can get them out before Chinese new year. Thank you all for your understanding and patience!  :thumb:

oh man, didn't realize there were still a few left. How many?

Offline zzyjayfree

« Reply #1560 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 15:04:45 »

It’s eight of them. Nothing wrong with the order, just logistics issues.

A wild Pikachu has appeared!
OTD 360 Corsa w/ Nixdorf, OTD 356.2 DGE, Matrix 1.2, Matrix 2.0, Matrix Abel, Skog, Dolphin, EM7, Lynn Pad, Plank, LZ-RE, EqualZ, Orion v2, Octagon v2, Viper v2, Tank, Mira, Mira SE, Moon, Camp 225, Let's Split, HHKB, RealForce, Infinity Ergo, Cherry 3700, DolchPac, Nixdorf, Model M, Filcos.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1561 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 16:08:08 »

It’s eight of them. Nothing wrong with the order, just logistics issues.

A wild Pikachu has appeared!

figured it was logistics, thanks eason

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #1562 on: Sat, 03 February 2018, 02:07:07 »
Received my replacement stab wire. Thanks, Zeal!

Offline Steelers501

« Reply #1563 on: Sat, 03 February 2018, 17:49:53 »
This is a very stupid question, but how did you guys cut down the PCB?  Mine came with a top and bottom section that doesn't look like it belongs and doesn't fit in the case.  I am assuming I need to cut it down, but I figured I would check before doing so.

Thanks!

Offline Jhors2

« Reply #1564 on: Sat, 03 February 2018, 17:51:45 »
This is a very stupid question, but how did you guys cut down the PCB?  Mine came with a top and bottom section that doesn't look like it belongs and doesn't fit in the case.  I am assuming I need to cut it down, but I figured I would check before doing so.

Thanks!

Those two pieces just snap off.  Standard affair for a leeku PCB.
Duck Blackbird | Duck LSv3 | Duck Unicorn X Legend |  TX-75 | Mira SE | LZ-CP | LZ Iron | LZ Ergo | Duck Jet Fire | OTD 360 Corsa Apple Silver | TGR-910 CE

Incoming: Zeal Zephyr | Duck TC-V3 | Singa R2 | LZ GH v2 | Noxary 280 S | Noxary 220 S

Offline Steelers501

« Reply #1565 on: Sat, 03 February 2018, 17:52:48 »

Thanks!

Those two pieces just snap off.  Standard affair for a leeku PCB.

Yeah, a little brute force did the trick.  Was scared of breaking it but it came off.  Thanks for the help!

Offline Steelers501

« Reply #1566 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 14:13:48 »
Anyone have any issues with this PCB?  Finally finished everything, tested it on my computer, worked, put it all together, plugged it back in and device manager says "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)".  Lights under the PCB are working so it's getting power, but I guess it has some sort of driver issue.

Does anyone have the TX 87 driver?

Thanks!

Offline Choppersuey

« Reply #1567 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 14:17:41 »
Anyone have any issues with this PCB?  Finally finished everything, tested it on my computer, worked, put it all together, plugged it back in and device manager says "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)".  Lights under the PCB are working so it's getting power, but I guess it has some sort of driver issue.

Thanks!

Have you tried plugging it in while pressung 'u'? Had something similar with a TX-75 PCB and that worked

Offline Steelers501

« Reply #1568 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 14:20:20 »

Thanks!

Have you tried plugging it in while pressung 'u'? Had something similar with a TX-75 PCB and that worked

You are the BEST!  Thank you so much!  I have absolutely no idea why that worked, but it did!

Thanks!

Offline Choppersuey

« Reply #1569 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 14:25:00 »
You are the BEST!  Thank you so much!  I have absolutely no idea why that worked, but it did!

Thanks!

Glad it helped! I don't know either tbh  :)) I found it in a reddit post and apparently it's 'u' for USB mode

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #1570 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 14:45:28 »
Waiting on the CAD file for the spacer.

Offline rotciveel

• Fugu Curator Extraordinaire
« Reply #1571 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 14:51:16 »
just got my replacement stab too! time to build!

edit: dangit can't continue the build without finding a wrench for the hex screws on the back.. 2.5mm right?
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 February 2018, 16:26:51 by rotciveel »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1572 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 17:44:32 »
just got my replacement stab too! time to build!

edit: dangit can't continue the build without finding a wrench for the hex screws on the back.. 2.5mm right?

2.5mm on the case screws, 2mm on the plate screws

Offline theillumedpanda

• Don't point that gun at me - I'm an unpaid intern!
« Reply #1573 on: Mon, 05 February 2018, 20:08:24 »
What are the latest news on an Alps plate and the numpad? The poll has been online for a few days now and I‘d like to use my Alps switches.

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #1574 on: Tue, 06 February 2018, 23:45:43 »
I just received my shipment. Nice hefty case! However, I received no PCBs... were these supposed to be shipped separately? I even ordered a spare too...

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1575 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 00:11:54 »
I just received my shipment. Nice hefty case! However, I received no PCBs... were these supposed to be shipped separately? I even ordered a spare too...

those should have been in the case with the board

that's very odd

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #1576 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 00:15:18 »
Yeah, all that came in the zip case was the keyboard chassis and extra plate i ordered. Nothing else. Someone must have forgotten to pack everything in my order. Who can I talk to?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1577 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 00:39:55 »
8 of the remaining orders are getting PCBs shipped separately.  Please contact zzyjayfree for details to see if yours is one of those.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #1578 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 08:47:14 »
8 of the remaining orders are getting PCBs shipped separately.  Please contact zzyjayfree for details to see if yours is one of those.

I’m waiting to receive those boards, They have been ordered and paid for but I have not received them and don’t have a tracking number. I’ve PM’ed them again today.

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #1579 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 08:52:30 »
I would also like to thank zzyjayfree(Eason) for dealing withthe logistics and shipping from an oversees manufacturer, EVE for his quick response to fix defects, Zeal for both providing the gold stabs and replacing mixed up space bar wires,and Photoelectric for all she has done - which is far too much to list. Thank you all for your help in making this GB a success.

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #1580 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 12:34:44 »
I would also like to thank zzyjayfree(Eason) for dealing withthe logistics and shipping from an oversees manufacturer, EVE for his quick response to fix defects, Zeal for both providing the gold stabs and replacing mixed up space bar wires,and Photoelectric for all she has done - which is far too much to list. Thank you all for your help in making this GB a success.

Thank you, everyone! And thank you, ninjadoc, for resurrecting this project and seeing it to completion.

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
« Reply #1581 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 19:15:10 »
Sorry this is a newbie-ish question, but does anyone have a build log or a step by step so I make sure I build it correctly? This is actually my first custom built by myself. Mainly i'm not sure about the plate/pcb: do you solder the switches into the pcb while the plate is on top? Or can the pcb be loose away from the plate and be switched out easily?

I tried finding similar boards build logs but couldn't find any.

Offline Jhors2

« Reply #1582 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 19:16:13 »
Sorry this is a newbie-ish question, but does anyone have a build log or a step by step so I make sure I build it correctly? This is actually my first custom built by myself. Mainly i'm not sure about the plate/pcb: do you solder the switches into the pcb while the plate is on top? Or can the pcb be loose away from the plate and be switched out easily?

I hope this helps:
Duck Blackbird | Duck LSv3 | Duck Unicorn X Legend |  TX-75 | Mira SE | LZ-CP | LZ Iron | LZ Ergo | Duck Jet Fire | OTD 360 Corsa Apple Silver | TGR-910 CE

Incoming: Zeal Zephyr | Duck TC-V3 | Singa R2 | LZ GH v2 | Noxary 280 S | Noxary 220 S

Offline Vala

• Vala Supply
« Reply #1583 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 19:30:47 »

I hope this helps:

Guess I suck at googling, I couldn't find anything like this lol. Thank you.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1584 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 20:50:26 »

I hope this helps:

Guess I suck at googling, I couldn't find anything like this lol. Thank you.

Here's another video, in case you need.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/219981500

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1585 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 22:45:45 »
Just wondering if this is normal, I have two small splotches of purple on my blue mira. Its a bit easier to see in person so sorry if my photos don't show anything. I'm assuming its part of the anodizing process but haven't seen anything like it before. It almost looks like someone had dye on their finger and touched the board in those two spots.

« Last Edit: Thu, 08 February 2018, 22:49:03 by aznairjordan »
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1586 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 22:57:35 »
Sorry, can't see any uneven color in those areas at all, but I'll take your word for it.  Have you tried cleaning those areas to be sure it's not some kind of dirt or dye?  Could be you could get a better capture in the daylight.

P.S.: anyone reporting defects: we're collecting this information and will speak with the manufacturer regarding resolution and replacements once all the boards are received.
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 February 2018, 22:59:57 by Photoelectric »

Offline iArson

« Reply #1587 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 23:37:31 »
Any time line for warranty parts? Really want to get my brass weight and stabs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1588 on: Fri, 09 February 2018, 00:32:54 »
Stabilizers are separate, as those come from Zeal directly.  Should be soon, I think.  He's already sent out replacement stabilizer bars of appropriate sizes.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1589 on: Fri, 09 February 2018, 11:46:11 »
Just wondering if this is normal, I have two small splotches of purple on my blue mira. Its a bit easier to see in person so sorry if my photos don't show anything. I'm assuming its part of the anodizing process but haven't seen anything like it before. It almost looks like someone had dye on their finger and touched the board in those two spots.

Show Image
Show Image

zeal mentioned he had some purple spots, ask him what to do

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1590 on: Fri, 09 February 2018, 11:56:52 »

Show Image
Show Image

zeal mentioned he had some purple spots, ask him what to do

Thanks! I’ll send him a message.

Sorry, can't see any uneven color in those areas at all, but I'll take your word for it.  Have you tried cleaning those areas to be sure it's not some kind of dirt or dye?  Could be you could get a better capture in the daylight.

P.S.: anyone reporting defects: we're collecting this information and will speak with the manufacturer regarding resolution and replacements once all the boards are received.

Yeah I couldn’t get a great picture with a flash light. Will try to get a better picture in sunlight tomorrow. I tried wiping it a little bit with a microfiber cloth and a screen cleaner for laptops/computers but was not able to get it off.

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1591 on: Sat, 10 February 2018, 13:39:54 »

Here are probably the best photos I can get.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1592 on: Sat, 10 February 2018, 23:07:59 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I think I can see what you mean on the first photograph, difficult to tell on the other two, but I believe you.  I've noted the defects in a list we're using to keep track of defects and inconsistencies reported to us.

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1593 on: Sun, 11 February 2018, 19:05:35 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I think I can see what you mean on the first photograph, difficult to tell on the other two, but I believe you.  I've noted the defects in a list we're using to keep track of defects and inconsistencies reported to us.

Thank you sir, I'll try to check back on this thread periodically.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #1594 on: Sun, 11 February 2018, 22:14:17 »
Reminder for those who haven't seen the poll yet:

A poll is active for group buy participants to indicate interest in additional parts for their MIRA kit:
- Stainless Steel spacer in place of the acrylic diffuser
- ALPS PCB / Stainless Steel ALPS switch plate
- Extra TX87 PCBs
- Brass MX switch plate
- Acrylic / Polycarb MX switch plate
- Partial / Half-plate (MX)

https://goo.gl/forms/i1DOt8deZw7wdKE12
Please only submit the options you would actually buy.

Offline iArson

« Reply #1595 on: Sun, 11 February 2018, 22:43:59 »
Stainless steel spacer would be great! What are the chances of a brass one though :D

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1596 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 01:34:19 »
Stainless steel spacer would be great! What are the chances of a brass one though :D

you wouldn't want brass for that in the shape mira already has

would patina and start smelling like metal pretty quickly

Offline SBN

« Reply #1597 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 03:07:06 »
I don’t have a Mira but I really like the idea to have follow up GB for little extras to keep adding stuff to your board! Good stuff! :)

you wouldn't want brass for that in the shape mira already has

would patina and start smelling like metal pretty quickly

Why would it react differently to brass plates as a spacer? Or do you mean that you can’t coat it because you want to screw it between the two case parts?

Offline ninjadoc

Re: ATTENTION - a little bit of everything
« Reply #1598 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 09:32:04 »
First I want to thank everyone for participating in the Mira GB. Without everyonee in the Geekhack community this would have never occured. EVE produced a great board and is working hard to fix the manufacturing defects and to make sure all are satisfied with their Mira. If someone would start a picture thread that would be great.

Now for business.
PCB’s should be shipped to me and I will be back home Friday and should be able to pick them up either Friday evening or Saturday morrning.  If everyone who is missing a PCB,has not made other arrangements with zzyjayfree, and needs their PCB ASAP so they can build their MiRA can PM me so I know your circumstances I would appreciate it.

Extra PCB’s - 50 have been shipped to me so extras will be available.

Alp’s PCB’s - I can get 25 or 50. They have been offered to me with or without resistors soldered. I’m lazy I had rather have them soldered. Please comment, I’ve not soldered resistors on an alps PCB -ever. I also haven’t bought one in forever so please PM me with what you’ve had to pay for them including shipping- my cost struck me as the retail cost but I have no clue.

Plates - I have the CAD files at home and will get the estimates next week. My understanding from the poll is the most desired are brass, acrylic, and partial plates.

Alps plates - most common seem to be Dell or Apple style. I think one style is probably easiest o make and Apple seems to be easier to source these days. Feel free to comment.

Plates will fit both Mira and and YukTsi’s boards. Intially I was asked when a GB for acrylic plates was done and I said no. That was be ause at that point I was looking at a. Ersion of the Mira that was wider to fit the A87. That version was not produced and the thinner version was. Sorry about the confusion.

Spacer - I’m making it with a cut-out in the center to prevent the weight from being scratched and to reduce the weight of it. A solid sheet of stainless steel is heavy. I know people have mentioned aluminum and brass but a certain nmber need to be made to reduce cost.  Also can someone with a micrometer measure the thickness of the thin rim and send it to me?

Mira Pad - the intial design had no weight but that has been revised. I have the CAD files but I can’t view them till I get home friday. I will get an estimate, a CAD and cost for a stainless steel spacer, final cost for the PCB, and try to run it as soon as possible. This time I will try to have all bugs out of the process so it can be done quickly. Until I see the design I can’t comment on engraving or numbering.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
Re: ATTENTION - a little bit of everything
« Reply #1599 on: Mon, 12 February 2018, 11:53:49 »
First I want to thank everyone for participating in the Mira GB. Without everyonee in the Geekhack community this would have never occured. EVE produced a great board and is working hard to fix the manufacturing defects and to make sure all are satisfied with their Mira. If someone would start a picture thread that would be great.

thanks for running it

Extra PCB’s - 50 have been shipped to me so extras will be available.

i might hit you up for one

Alp’s PCB’s - I can get 25 or 50. They have been offered to me with or without resistors soldered. I’m lazy I had rather have them soldered. Please comment, I’ve not soldered resistors on an alps PCB -ever. I also haven’t bought one in forever so please PM me with what you’ve had to pay for them including shipping- my cost struck me as the retail cost but I have no clue.

resistors don't matter as much for ALPS, it's only for in-switch lights and they don't really support that anyway -- will they have diodes soldered?

Plates - I have the CAD files at home and will get the estimates next week. My understanding from the poll is the most desired are brass, acrylic, and partial plates.

yes pls

Alps plates - most common seem to be Dell or Apple style. I think one style is probably easiest o make and Apple seems to be easier to source these days. Feel free to comment.

dell and aek = wkl and wk respectively, so may as well get quotes for both

Plates will fit both Mira and and YukTsi’s boards. Intially I was asked when a GB for acrylic plates was done and I said no. That was because at that point I was looking at a [version] of the Mira that was wider to fit the A87. That version was not produced and the thinner version was. Sorry about the confusion.

>immediately submits file to bigbluesaw

Spacer - I’m making it with a cut-out in the center to prevent the weight from being scratched and to reduce the weight of it. A solid sheet of stainless steel is heavy. I know people have mentioned aluminum and brass but a certain nmber need to be made to reduce cost.  Also can someone with a micrometer measure the thickness of the thin rim and send it to me?

i think i can borrow a caliper in the next week

Mira Pad - the intial design had no weight but that has been revised. I have the CAD files but I can’t view them till I get home friday. I will get an estimate, a CAD and cost for a stainless steel spacer, final cost for the PCB, and try to run it as soon as possible. This time I will try to have all bugs out of the process so it can be done quickly. Until I see the design I can’t comment on engraving or numbering.

i only want one if i can get the number to match my board

although i know making all the CAD files for that would be a huge PITA