Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4179626 times)

Offline fanpeople

Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #27500 on: Thu, 09 January 2020, 19:11:13 »
Just go outside and start grabbing girls you like. Then drag them back to your apartment. Don't do this.

What Success ratio has this strategy produced ?

Honuslty I would not do this. This is how you end up in prison and then someone that likes you drags you into their cell.

Offline jacethesaltsculptor

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #27501 on: Thu, 09 January 2020, 19:41:06 »
Just go outside and start grabbing girls you like. Then drag them back to your apartment. Don't do this.

What Success ratio has this strategy produced ?

Honuslty I would not do this. This is how you end up in prison and then someone that likes you drags you into their cell.

There is always a bigger fish.

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #27502 on: Fri, 10 January 2020, 04:18:52 »
Am i the only one that gets annoyed by new people on the forum that write non sense or give people advise that makes no sense or just plain wrong? I have seen some individuals doing this to boost there post count. I mean if you are new you are welcome by any means but please don't write non sense that has nothing to do with the topic or don't give advise if you don't have experience with the question or problem of the topic starter.

And yes i am fully aware of the ignore function  ;). I just had to get this out of me, because i don't want Geekhack to be transformed into /MK.

thank you
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #27503 on: Fri, 10 January 2020, 05:03:42 »
Am i the only one that gets annoyed by new people on the forum that write non sense or give people advise that makes no sense or just plain wrong? I have seen some individuals doing this to boost there post count. I mean if you are new you are welcome by any means but please don't write non sense that has nothing to do with the topic or don't give advise if you don't have experience with the question or problem of the topic starter.

And yes i am fully aware of the ignore function  ;). I just had to get this out of me, because i don't want Geekhack to be transformed into /MK.

thank you

So if we have been around for a while we can still give out ****ty advice?

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #27504 on: Fri, 10 January 2020, 06:39:54 »

thank you

No I just say if you don't have any experience don't give advice or write bs. This should be for old members as new members if you think logically I shouldn't have to say this it's common sense.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #27505 on: Fri, 10 January 2020, 06:59:30 »

thank you

No I just say if you don't have any experience don't give advice or write bs. This should be for old members as new members if you think logically I shouldn't have to say this it's common sense.

On the other end of the internet, it's probably some 15yr ol' young person, who doesn't know jack about jack.

Then you find out the dude is actually 26 or 47,  But then you see, this dude didn't get through much skool, so he's more or less the same 15yr ol' you thought he was.

No need to get all cereal bout it.  it's just a txt based adventure game.

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #27506 on: Fri, 10 January 2020, 07:07:29 »

thank you

On the other end of the internet, it's probably some 15yr ol' young person, who doesn't know jack about jack.

Then you find out the dude is actually 26 or 47,  But then you see, this dude didn't get through much skool, so he's more or less the same 15yr ol' you thought he was.

No need to get all cereal bout it.  it's just a txt based adventure game.

Yeah true it's all txt  :). I just had to say this because it is bothersome for me. I am done and I just use the power of ignore and move on.
current
Coming soon

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27507 on: Fri, 10 January 2020, 07:46:22 »
Yeah true it's all txt  :). I just had to say this because it is bothersome for me. I am done and I just use the power of ignore and move on.

The ignore button is not powerful. It's a form of surrender, and gives power to the the person you ignore.

By Ignoring, You are now excluded from his (Alleged) destructive behavior, while he continues to have free rein on the Opinion-of-The-HIVE.

If what you believe is right, You should be able to best the opponent -Through Argument-,  If you can not,  chances are , you're probably wrong.  You have to play the game.

The Power-that-be would like nothing more than a populace ignorant to current events, a trove of followers who chow down on only what's palatable.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #27508 on: Fri, 10 January 2020, 08:17:21 »

don't give advise if you don't have experience

This is one of my pet peeves in life in general.

Most of the questions I ask are technical or specific to a particular detail, and what I do not want is guesswork.

Chances are, I can usually guess as well or better than some other clown, and real physical personal empirical evidence is what I generally value most.
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).
- Scott Jansenn 2024-04-07

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #27509 on: Fri, 10 January 2020, 10:03:17 »

thank you
agreed, problem is signal to noise ratio. There are lots of people that want to answer but not that many that can answer. Tbh I think DT is a better place to ask technical questions and GH is used for ?? 
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27510 on: Sat, 11 January 2020, 17:11:49 »
Netflix autoplay preview tiles are annoying as hell and a horrible feature.

Offline bwolmarans

• hello to you
« Reply #27511 on: Sat, 11 January 2020, 17:54:46 »
( written on r/mk then realized that sub is more interested in other things so posting here )

Seen on r/mm, with a much higher frequency than I would expect, really nice high end boards that honestly, more often than not, have dings, chips, etc. So my question here that I think is worth discussing is, how does this happen? I have a bunch of low end boards like a ctrl hp and so forth, it would take considerable effort for me to be careless enough to ding my low-mid end board how come these people are dinging boards than are over a thousand dollars, or is it just a r/mm thing. It's so prevalent my conspiracy theory mentality kicks in and I start to suspect these are factory seconds that got dinged, and are getting passed off as new boards that got accidentally dropped or hit with a chisel. I am not picking on any listings on r/mm in particular but if you look for boards listed for over five hundred bucks, it's to me anyway, statistically not possible that such as high percentage of them have dings, unless the mk community is like, way more clumsy than the average person. what does everyone ( yes, you!) think?
~it's time to fly~

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #27512 on: Sat, 11 January 2020, 18:05:50 »
Never go to reddit, it seems like a strange and alien place. Are you talking about new gear?

There have only been 2 occasions, as I remember, that I have bought keyboards on line that were less than 20+ years old, and you generally expect the vintage ones to be less than perfect.
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #27513 on: Sat, 11 January 2020, 18:52:44 »
( written on r/mk then realized that sub is more interested in other things so posting here )

Seen on r/mm, with a much higher frequency than I would expect, really nice high end boards that honestly, more often than not, have dings, chips, etc. So my question here that I think is worth discussing is, how does this happen? I have a bunch of low end boards like a ctrl hp and so forth, it would take considerable effort for me to be careless enough to ding my low-mid end board how come these people are dinging boards than are over a thousand dollars, or is it just a r/mm thing. It's so prevalent my conspiracy theory mentality kicks in and I start to suspect these are factory seconds that got dinged, and are getting passed off as new boards that got accidentally dropped or hit with a chisel. I am not picking on any listings on r/mm in particular but if you look for boards listed for over five hundred bucks, it's to me anyway, statistically not possible that such as high percentage of them have dings, unless the mk community is like, way more clumsy than the average person. what does everyone ( yes, you!) think?

I post on it rarely, though I suppose that means it constitutes most of my posting on Reddit.

Their priorities are certainly somewhere else, I don't fit in much, as I love my vintage keyboards, especially large ones, which is almost completely contrary to the big posts on that sub.

Honestly, I have to say seeing how this hobby has unfolded, I got in around 4-ish years ago, the size of it has just amazed me now, it's still growing a lot, and we are getting people who see these keyboards as something more than just tools, something that ought to be taken very good care of. Until these last 5 years, I only ever did the most minor upgrades to my keyboards, if any at all. I had a Saitek for years passed it's time.

I think good tools should be taken good care of, and now that I'm interested in Keyboards that's certainly come up alot more for me. But if I were to buy something used, I wouldn't expect the masses (Who often don't) to take care of their keyboards in an extremely meticulous manner. But that's also why I buy second-hand, it's cheaper for partially that reason.

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline bwolmarans

• hello to you
« Reply #27514 on: Sat, 11 January 2020, 21:39:39 »

I post on it rarely, though I suppose that means it constitutes most of my posting on Reddit.

Their priorities are certainly somewhere else, I don't fit in much, as I love my vintage keyboards, especially large ones, which is almost completely contrary to the big posts on that sub.

Honestly, I have to say seeing how this hobby has unfolded, I got in around 4-ish years ago, the size of it has just amazed me now, it's still growing a lot, and we are getting people who see these keyboards as something more than just tools, something that ought to be taken very good care of. Until these last 5 years, I only ever did the most minor upgrades to my keyboards, if any at all. I had a Saitek for years passed it's time.

I think good tools should be taken good care of, and now that I'm interested in Keyboards that's certainly come up alot more for me. But if I were to buy something used, I wouldn't expect the masses (Who often don't) to take care of their keyboards in an extremely meticulous manner. But that's also why I buy second-hand, it's cheaper for partially that reason.

Reddit aside, the confusion persists in how damaging newish, modern high-end keyboards can even be a thing?  Invariably the explanation is "shipped to me like this" but it's improbable that anyone, be it the original manufacturer, or a collector trading the board, would improperly package it, given it's pretty easy to properly package any object for undamaged delivery.  I also had the following explanation offered to me, paraphrased: they're heavy, and people put them down wrong or drop them when they pick them up.  Also, extremely improbable for a community that obsesses over tiny details.  So I'm back to my theory that there is a black market in basically factory floor 4ths or 5ths ( not even seconds, never mind B-stock, I'm talking, stuff that is supposed to be thrown out ) being sold as the genuine thing.  Just a theory.
~it's time to fly~

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #27515 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 09:38:11 »
Reddit aside, the confusion persists in how damaging newish, modern high-end keyboards can even be a thing?  Invariably the explanation is "shipped to me like this" but it's improbable that anyone, be it the original manufacturer, or a collector trading the board, would improperly package it, given it's pretty easy to properly package any object for undamaged delivery.  I also had the following explanation offered to me, paraphrased: they're heavy, and people put them down wrong or drop them when they pick them up.  Also, extremely improbable for a community that obsesses over tiny details.  So I'm back to my theory that there is a black market in basically factory floor 4ths or 5ths ( not even seconds, never mind B-stock, I'm talking, stuff that is supposed to be thrown out ) being sold as the genuine thing.  Just a theory.

I would honestly be shocked if your theory wasn't true if not at face value, then at least mostly true. Since such a thing happens regularly with Computer parts, I doubt that keyboards would be any sort of exception to this.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #27516 on: Sun, 12 January 2020, 14:56:12 »

Some people have very messy computer rooms, like me. I don't have anywhere special to keep my keyboards. I try to keep my nicer ones on a shelf when I'm not using them, but there's enough junk around that it wouldn't surprise me if something dinged one. That said, I only have two keyboards from a GB, and one of them did have an iffy finish in some spots from the get-go.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
« Reply #27517 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 04:14:54 »

Interesting theory! I'd like to make some counter-arguments :)

The production scale of high-end alu keyboards is very low compared to keyboard manufacturers. Aluminium is one of the easiest material to scratch with minimal effort, I think there is a video where you can show scratches made in anodized alu with a coin scrape. It's also very easily denteable (idk if this is even a word). Alu is one of the softest metals etc. I think this is also due to lack of real QC. Many GB's cheap out on anodizing or alu choices, and production have gone from S-K shops to chinese factories (have no proof this is worse, but the more keyboards the more variance in quality I guess). Lastly I think it's a lack of understanding when it comes to shipping a keyboard. I've seen many horror stories where it looks like the keyboard was used as a melee weapon by USPS before arriving. Cheaping out on shipping materials + not getting tracking is never worth it.

But I agree with you that  it's odd that do many keyboards have dings etc. And I have similar to Kavik had some uneven ano spots but barely noticable. Who knows, could be a keyboard conspiracy :O (Wouldn't be the first time :p )
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27518 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 22:03:15 »
Morbious was always a cool character, but they had to get that pretentious pile of garbage Leto to play him?

Now I'm 100% not seeing it. Just looking at that hack ****s face irks me.

Offline bwolmarans

• hello to you
« Reply #27519 on: Mon, 13 January 2020, 23:48:02 »

Interesting theory! I'd like to make some counter-arguments :)

The production scale of high-end alu keyboards is very low compared to keyboard manufacturers. Aluminium is one of the easiest material to scratch with minimal effort, I think there is a video where you can show scratches made in anodized alu with a coin scrape. It's also very easily denteable (idk if this is even a word). Alu is one of the softest metals etc. I think this is also due to lack of real QC. Many GB's cheap out on anodizing or alu choices, and production have gone from S-K shops to chinese factories (have no proof this is worse, but the more keyboards the more variance in quality I guess). Lastly I think it's a lack of understanding when it comes to shipping a keyboard. I've seen many horror stories where it looks like the keyboard was used as a melee weapon by USPS before arriving. Cheaping out on shipping materials + not getting tracking is never worth it.

But I agree with you that  it's odd that do many keyboards have dings etc. And I have similar to Kavik had some uneven ano spots but barely noticable. Who knows, could be a keyboard conspiracy :O (Wouldn't be the first time :p )

Let the horse carcass beating commence.  Mistreatment of a high end board, including poor packaging and shipping, is possible, but it's not probable.

With rare exceptions, it's extremely unlikely that any collector or trader is treating a 4 figure board carelessly enough to ding it around their computer room or packaging it poorly given that it's not news to anyone that courier services can be rough on packages. 

You are absolutely right there is soft alu (rarely) and ano mistakes (more frequent) which can greatly weaken the surface, but even so it's still alu, not fondant, and as such it's pretty hard to ding even with a coin, unless you put some effort into like drop it.

And of course if there's an ano mistake and the board is being sold then that's exactly what I am talking about, so that supports my conspiracy theory. 

As a point of reference for surface scratch and nick resistance, I have several cheap or mid-market alu boards and I treat them as such, clearly none are collectors items, and yet none of them have any visible scrapes unless you truly get out the big magnifying glass and really really look for them, and there are absolutely no nicks whatsoever. 

Just a point of reference.  OK end of sub thread!  It bothers me, OK!
~it's time to fly~

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27520 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 15:27:07 »
It pisses me off that somehow along the lines ghosting someone has become an acceptable response. And not just on personal levels, but I am seeing it more and more in professional situations as well. Not responding to an email or notification, not returning a call, not following up after a meeting or interview. If you asked me even a few years ago if I could imagine an office situation where someone would ghost another employee just to avoid a potentially uncomfortable situation I would have laughed in your face at the absurdity and lack of professional decorum, but these days it seems to be common place.

You think you're saving face and avoiding something unpleasant, but in fact you are just telling me you are a rude piece of **** with zero consideration for others time and feelings.

SAYING NOTHING IS NOT A RESPONSE!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27521 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 15:43:08 »

If the two involved do not have work related dependencies, not sure ghosting is a problematic protocol.

It's not unlike uninstalling an app.

I understand what you're alluding to in terms of -Feelings- as a human being, we are indeed tribal animals.

However, that's something we're getting rid of as we computerize further.

Back in the day, in a community, you'd have 10s maybe up to 100 friends. Nowadays most adults, especially males have 0 friends.

It's not a matter of good or bad, with modern personal access to resources, we have significantly less dependency/need for personal relationships.

This will progress until AI surpasses humanity, and we can call it quits on being flesh bags all together.

Offline tjcertified

« Reply #27522 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 16:32:33 »
It bothers me as an already indecisive person, that there are soooooo many new switch types to choose from, and I don't know if there is really that many differences, or if it's just marketing.

At the same time, I do appreciate all the obviously new things that I've noticed, namely, some of the cool new(-ish) box switches I find on novelkeys. My favorite is the box navy, althought they are heavy.
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 January 2020, 16:34:14 by tjcertified »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27523 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 17:00:49 »
It bothers me as an already indecisive person, that there are soooooo many new switch types to choose from, and I don't know if there is really that many differences, or if it's just marketing.

At the same time, I do appreciate all the obviously new things that I've noticed, namely, some of the cool new(-ish) box switches I find on novelkeys. My favorite is the box navy, althought they are heavy.

Buy 5 of every switch, mount them on a ghetto swap board, and feel it out.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27524 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 17:15:00 »

If the two involved do not have work related dependencies, not sure ghosting is a problematic protocol.

It's not unlike uninstalling an app.

I understand what you're alluding to in terms of -Feelings- as a human being, we are indeed tribal animals.

However, that's something we're getting rid of as we computerize further.

Back in the day, in a community, you'd have 10s maybe up to 100 friends. Nowadays most adults, especially males have 0 friends.

It's not a matter of good or bad, with modern personal access to resources, we have significantly less dependency/need for personal relationships.

This will progress until AI surpasses humanity, and we can call it quits on being flesh bags all together.

Professional Ghosting, if I may coin such a term, only makes sense from an economic point of view in the initial stages of forming a business relationship. It may not be time feasible to get back to every single person you have phone screened for an open position. But when someone gets to say, a third round interview with the project manager and team, getting feedback to that person ASAP should be a top priority to maintain a professional business relationship.
If you cannot guarantee something don't make any promises about doing it.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27525 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 17:20:15 »
Professional Ghosting, if I may coin such a term, only makes sense from an economic point of view in the initial stages of forming a business relationship. It may not be time feasible to get back to every single person you have phone screened for an open position. But when someone gets to say, a third round interview with the project manager and team, getting feedback to that person ASAP should be a top priority to maintain a professional business relationship.
If you cannot guarantee something don't make any promises about doing it.

Only you're aware of the specifics, and maybe ghosting is inappropriate in the case you've outlined.

Tp4 am merely sayn' Ghosting absent wurk related dependency is valid conduct.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27526 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 17:32:10 »
I think it points to a more overarching issue of people hiding behind technology, and quick societal behavior changes fueled by the power of capricious platforms and perceived anonymity.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27527 on: Fri, 17 January 2020, 17:53:47 »
I think it points to a more overarching issue of people hiding behind technology, and quick societal behavior changes fueled by the power of capricious platforms and perceived anonymity.

Mmmm.... are we less empathetic, less patient now because of technology, Of course.

However, this is not necessarily a failure, it's more so a pragmatic adaptation.

Offline iri

« Reply #27528 on: Sat, 18 January 2020, 04:13:08 »
But when someone gets to say, a third round interview with the project manager and team, getting feedback to that person ASAP should be a top priority to maintain a professional business relationship.
I recently had a 7.5 hours third round interview with a whole lot of people including 4 vice presidents. I haven't heard from the company for a month. Thought they've ghosted me but no, they emailed me saying that they have no position for me lol.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27529 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 17:20:44 »
18-6 job contracts are absolute horse ****. There's zero logical reason for them to exist other than to **** over good workers.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #27530 on: Tue, 21 January 2020, 17:37:03 »

It's mostly marketing. They have various levels of scratchiness and sound, but the three basic types of feedback - clicky, tactile, and linear - are all basically the same respectively with the only difference being weight (basically balancing making typing mistakes with finger fatigue). The only real distinction I'd make is in the clicky category: click-bar vs click-jacket vs click-leaf. Those three do feel and sound distinctly different with click-bar being the superior one. Call me jaded, but I spent a lot of time and money listening to hyped opinions only to be underwhelmed. Box Navies are the only switches to live up to the hype in my opinion; although, I'd probably prefer Box Pinks if I tried them.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #27531 on: Wed, 22 January 2020, 08:59:20 »
Life bothers me.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline Kavik

« Reply #27532 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 12:21:49 »
Youtubers who put music in the background of talking head videos. I am watching to hear what you have to say, not to try to hear you over your ****ty piano music or hip hop beat.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #27533 on: Fri, 24 January 2020, 15:27:14 »

I am watching to hear what you have to say,

Yes that is very annoying. And sometimes it is helpful to hear what is going on in the project.

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #27534 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 16:40:49 »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27535 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 16:44:38 »
RIP Kobe, one of those deaths you never see coming :(

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27536 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 17:02:41 »
RIP Kobe, one of those deaths you never see coming :(

Him and his daughter died together onboard his private helicopter ?

Sabotage ?

Something about facebook death hoax ?

Sigh.. Had to go on reddit/nba seems confirmed..

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27537 on: Thu, 30 January 2020, 14:05:29 »
When recruiters call you with important information but their accent is so thick you cannot understand the important information they are trying to deliver, and it's apparent how bored and disinterested they are reading off some script cold calling people about the job.

I don't understand why for a position where people skills and speaking clearly are two of the top priorities they would hire these people.

Offline iri

« Reply #27538 on: Thu, 30 January 2020, 14:38:06 »
You should be grateful that they are at least in your timezone.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #27539 on: Fri, 31 January 2020, 02:38:12 »
You should be grateful that they are at least in your timezone.
Amen to that :thumb:
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #27540 on: Sun, 02 February 2020, 00:11:55 »
I woke up at 4 am again, for the second morning in a row...
At least this morning, I don't have anything to do until the afternoon and can go back to sleep if I feel drowsy later.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27541 on: Sun, 02 February 2020, 00:27:56 »
At least this morning, I don't have anything to do until the afternoon and can go back to sleep if I feel drowsy later.

Zomg... Tp4 jus woke 2.  but is 1 am instead of 4.

Theories: 

Sun spots
Lunar Gravita
Bad banana batch
Earth Magnifield disruption weapons test. (Ionosphere type)

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #27542 on: Sun, 02 February 2020, 00:31:34 »

Zomg... Tp4 jus woke 2.  but is 1 am instead of 4.

Theories: 

Sun spots
Lunar Gravita
Bad banana batch
Earth Magnifield disruption weapons test. (Ionosphere type)

If your name is called, go to bed

Tp4tissue.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #27544 on: Sun, 02 February 2020, 01:41:02 »
If your name is called, go to bed

Tp4tissue.

Dat's racial profiling ...

Go to sleep or the alpacaman will get you.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #27546 on: Wed, 05 February 2020, 19:42:30 »
Depression. I wish I could either stop going to work or do something I give even the slightest crap about. I am wasting my life sitting at a desk doing nothing. I can't focus on the little work that I do have because it's so dull and because I constantly think about the time I'm wasting in that moment and how I can get out of it instead of the work at hand. 

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27547 on: Wed, 05 February 2020, 19:57:31 »
Depression. I wish I could either stop going to work or do something I give even the slightest crap about. I am wasting my life sitting at a desk doing nothing. I can't focus on the little work that I do have because it's so dull and because I constantly think about the time I'm wasting in that moment and how I can get out of it instead of the work at hand. 

Star Trek + Ramen + Go2Bed

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27548 on: Wed, 05 February 2020, 20:07:38 »

Committing to a big change and getting out your comfort zone can work wonders for that.

I've been in that same kind of position you describe feeling constantly unfulfilled, bored, and low energy. Every single day was the same exact thing. After more than 3 years I had to get out of it and wound up taking a different job for a bit less money. The job wasn't necessarily more interesting, but it was different enough from anything else I'd been doing previously that it was at least satisfying on the level that I was fulfilling my purpose as a human by learning and honing new skills. So I felt like I was growing not in the job, but as a person.
Not too long after that I got a job that was both super challenging AND interesting, and instead of coming in there dead brained and jaded I was refreshed by this stop-gap work and nailed the next opportunity. Granted taking new risks and stepping out of your comfort zone when things are stable is really ****ing hard, but if you do nothing, nothing will happen.

Sometimes just doing something completely different from your norm can change your perspective enough to give you the fortitude keep going.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 February 2020, 20:09:33 by noisyturtle »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27549 on: Wed, 05 February 2020, 23:48:39 »
How do you tell if someone is simply a 'little person' or a leprechaun trying to lie and protect their treasure?