Author Topic: [GB]GMK Lime (shipped)  (Read 29873 times)

Offline kingnestea

[GB]GMK Lime (shipped)
« on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 23:50:09 »
Update 05/06/2019:

Thank you all who has joined the GB. Sorry for the lack of update, I was in China for work during the whole month of April and I'm pretty caught up by work lately, wanted to do the update after invoicing.

And here you go, invoices are sent by GMK and most of the vendors has paid. The GB wasn't doing very well but we managed to get help from vendors including Novelkeys to get to the MOQ.

This means there will be extras available when the sets are shipped.

The current status: production slot secured, I'll update the final estimated ship date once I get this from GMK.

Regarding production, please see below the approved GMK official renders.

Some of the SA Lime keys are sent to GMK for color matching, I'll update picture of samples once they arrive.

Cheers.

220564-0

220566-1

More

----------------------------------------------

Hi, fellow Geekhackers,

Hereby the GB of GMK Lime. The colors of the GMK version will be matched to the Maxkey/SP version, which means 5 custom colors.

215561-2

Price:
Base:
MOQ 250: $175
MOQ 500: $160

Spacebars:
MOQ 100: $35
MOQ 150: $33
MOQ 250: $31

Vendors:
US: https://kono.store/collections/new/products/gmk-lime-keycap-set
EU: https://mykeyboard.eu/catalogue/category/group-buys/gmk-lime_146/
CN: https://www.zfrontier.com/m/5376
Asia: https://en.zfrontier.com/products/gmk-lime
Oceania: https://dailyclack.com/collections/keycaps/products/gmk-lime

Estimated shipping: August 2019

The GB will be opened until April 25th, orders will be placed directly by the vendors and sets will be shipped to the vendors directly.
According to GMK, current production lead time is 12 weeks.

Kit design:

215563-3

215565-4

Renders by Oblotzky:

215566-5

215570-6

Renders by Janglad:

215573-7

215575-8

« Last Edit: Sun, 12 January 2020, 00:37:33 by kingnestea »

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
Re: [GB]GMK Lime (GB open until April 25th)
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 07:21:43 »
Approved Gl w GB
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 13:05:58 »
was interested in this till noticed the US portion was being ran thought Kono, all I can say is goodluck. After what happened with Kira 96 you will most likely need it.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 14:13:23 »
was interested in this till noticed the US portion was being ran thought Kono, all I can say is goodluck. After what happened with Kira 96 you will most likely need it.

What happened with Kira?

I am in for a few Kono GBs and have not had an issue. Main issue for me was the additional sales tax, but that's just something we cannot escape.

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 14:28:35 »

I don't know about Kira96, but I have done GMK Camping and Maxkey Lime together with them and both went very well.

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 21:30:09 »

What happened with Kira?

I am in for a few Kono GBs and have not had an issue. Main issue for me was the additional sales tax, but that's just something we cannot escape.

So there was a lot on Reddit about it. Basically it comes down like this.

They missed the shipping deadlines several times, misleading people. Once it did ship people who backed the kick starter were not given priority. Instead they seem to ship to just who ever. There were people posting board's on reddit who ordered months and months after the Kickstarter to fund the project had happened. There was one person that ordered in Oct. and had gotten there board before people that ordered almost a year before. There was also least one person who admitted having ordered the board 2 weeks prior and getting it.

QC on the board was horrible. The majority of boards I have seen have the H and J key's misaligned. The reason is there a screw between them thats raised enough that it causes the switches to pivot at a slight angle. IC solution to this is to file the screw flat. They won't do this for you under warranty. There also issues with the way the PCB was designed. They seem to have a issue with interference from other devices. People have reported the board blinking and what not when using radios and I would assume cell phones. Inputs answer to that is to take it apart and install a ferrite choker. That doesn't even include the firmware that seems to be buggy.

Keep in mind all those issues happened with a board that was delayed by 6-7 months. There was also the fact the original controller they planned to use had to be switched at the last moment during production.

There were other issues but there minor compared to those.

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 18 March 2019, 23:51:27 »

What happened with Kira?

So there was a lot on Reddit about it. Basically it comes down like this.

They missed the shipping deadlines several times, misleading people. Once it did ship people who backed the kick starter were not given priority. Instead they seem to ship to just who ever. There were people posting board's on reddit who ordered months and months after the Kickstarter to fund the project had happened. There was one person that ordered in Oct. and had gotten there board before people that ordered almost a year before. There was also least one person who admitted having ordered the board 2 weeks prior and getting it.

QC on the board was horrible. The majority of boards I have seen have the H and J key's misaligned. The reason is there a screw between them thats raised enough that it causes the switches to pivot at a slight angle. IC solution to this is to file the screw flat. They won't do this for you under warranty. There also issues with the way the PCB was designed. They seem to have a issue with interference from other devices. People have reported the board blinking and what not when using radios and I would assume cell phones. Inputs answer to that is to take it apart and install a ferrite choker. That doesn't even include the firmware that seems to be buggy.

Keep in mind all those issues happened with a board that was delayed by 6-7 months. There was also the fact the original controller they planned to use had to be switched at the last moment during production.

There were other issues but there minor compared to those.

I think delays and issues are inevitable with custom keyboard GBs, due to the fact that those are not developed products.
Keyset GB is a different story, I think Kono have proved themselves the capability of fulfillment by running different keysets seamlessly.

Offline AstroMan

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 19 March 2019, 18:36:05 »
I feel modifier color in SA set vs. GMK set are different.

Offline schlep

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 22 March 2019, 01:39:05 »

I feel you man. I am located in Asia and the proxy zFrontier is not any better. All these months of delays from previous group buys (i haven't received my Kira80 and GMK Phantom yet!) is making me hesitant on getting on new ones.

I've bought the Whitefox from Kono when it was already in-stock but have never experienced a group buy with them. I thought of getting from Kono until you gave me your reviews.

Anyone has had any experience with the Oceania proxy - Dailyclack? Care to comment?

Offline Rogue_Jellybean

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 22 March 2019, 03:50:35 »

I feel you man. I am located in Asia and the proxy zFrontier is not any better. All these months of delays from previous group buys (i haven't received my Kira80 and GMK Phantom yet!) is making me hesitant on getting on new ones.

I've bought the Whitefox from Kono when it was already in-stock but have never experienced a group buy with them. I thought of getting from Kono until you gave me your reviews.

Anyone has had any experience with the Oceania proxy - Dailyclack? Care to comment?

The guy that runs Dailyclack is great, I've had no issues with him at all. Much prefer ordering my stuff through him rather than through zFrontier, though I am from Australia.

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 22 March 2019, 12:58:23 »
Got my set, hoping this makes MOQ!

Offline equalunique

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 14:40:40 »
A planck-compatible kit would have looked good on the massdrop-made green annodized aluminum cases they have been offering since the rev5 pcb.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Offline darthzero

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 29 March 2019, 13:19:40 »
Could you provide me (us) with some numbers? How close are we to moq/price drops? :)
Discord: kuno#0600 
Reddit: u/darthzero

Offline okidna

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 10 April 2019, 01:08:06 »
Could you provide me (us) with some numbers? How close are we to moq/price drops? :)

+1, need an update.

Or is it safe to assume that KONO will buy any remaining number of kits required to reach MOQ (at least the 250 MOQ) ? Like Shoko for example?

Offline Full

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 10 April 2019, 03:58:21 »
Looks awesome!
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 April 2019, 04:08:17 by aslejoh »
Hi!

Offline crzone

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 01:28:56 »
Any news of the progress on this set? Will it also happen if MOQ is not met or will it be canceled?

Offline okidna

« Reply #16 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 11:13:55 »
Any news of the progress on this set? Will it also happen if MOQ is not met or will it be canceled?

Last week (4/14) Kono answered my question about current set sold and MOQ, they said that the set is moving slowly and they will look at the number near the end of the GB to decide whether it will be made or not.

Offline crzone

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 22 April 2019, 12:20:34 »
That's too bad, the drop ends on the same day as GMK Metropolis so I can't switch.

Offline txclack

« Reply #18 on: Thu, 25 April 2019, 11:18:29 »
Any update on whether GMK Lime will be made or not?

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 25 April 2019, 12:08:35 »
Any update on whether GMK Lime will be made or not?
This ^ although given the radio silence and recent flood of GMK sets I am preparing for a no...

Offline Rayndalf

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 25 April 2019, 12:56:04 »
On Kono its listed as open until May 10th, but confirmation would be nice

Offline shuangmu

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 25 April 2019, 21:54:28 »
Very beautiful, love it<3
                                                                           Love Artisan<3
                                                                                                                                       Love geekhack                     

Offline crzone

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 09:29:27 »
Any update on the status of this set please?

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 09:42:37 »
Hey guys, kingnestea is currently in China for work and can't access GeekHack. The GB has been extended to May 10th and he's pursuing a buyout of the remaining units through vendors. So every order counts for getting to MOQ!

Some Alice love:

Offline Cktenders

« Reply #24 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 09:48:12 »
Does the alpha color code match any other set? I was thinking about buying the space bar kit if it matched/was really close to any other sets.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #25 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 09:50:38 »
Does the alpha color code match any other set? I was thinking about buying the space bar kit if it matched/was really close to any other sets.

It will be custom matched to the SP SA version of the set

Offline sagadoi

« Reply #26 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 08:51:30 »

Hello,Oblotzky
I want to know what is going on for GMK lime.
Thanks a lot
Matrix: 1.0 x10 | 1.2 x8 | 2.0 x20 | 2.2 x3 | 2.0 Ver Xmas x2 | Abel x12 | Abel VD x5 | Abel VC | Cain x2 | Mona x5 | Matrix Ti | ProjectFF
Percent: Canoe x6 | Skog x4 | Canoe FE x4 | Skog Lite x2
EVE: Moon x5 | Mira | Mira SE | Meteor x2
Equalz: Zero x4 | Zero.9 EE x7 | Mountain x5 | One x4 | Zero.9 Ti
FOX: Leaf TKL x2 | Time x2 | Orange TKL x2    
TGR: Jane V2 | Jane V2 Ver CE    RAMA: U80A
FMJ TKL x4 | Jer80 x4 | Jermini | Camp C225 x7 | Evil80 x6 |  Evil82 x2 | Mech27 | DolchCR x2 | Triangle x2 | Square x2 | Mars TKL

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 09:15:18 »

Hello,Oblotzky
I want to know what is going on for GMK lime.
Thanks a lot

Heyo, kingnestea will have to answer that question.

Offline okidna

« Reply #28 on: Sat, 11 May 2019, 15:59:02 »
KONO just posted this on their Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/thekonostore/photos/a.698321780508540/951441848529864/?type=3&permPage=1

Garnish your keyboard with GMK Lime! The set is a go and production is on schedule!
Join this doubleshot keycap set group buy if you want to be apart of the upcoming batch. Base kit includes numpad, extra modifiers, and novelties!

Offline kokugatsu

« Reply #29 on: Sun, 12 May 2019, 01:28:30 »
KONO just posted this on their Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/thekonostore/photos/a.698321780508540/951441848529864/?type=3&permPage=1

Garnish your keyboard with GMK Lime! The set is a go and production is on schedule!
Join this doubleshot keycap set group buy if you want to be apart of the upcoming batch. Base kit includes numpad, extra modifiers, and novelties!

pretty relieved about this, hell I would have bought another set if it was necessary for MOQ

Offline kingnestea

Re: [GB]GMK Lime (GB closed, updated 05/06/2019)
« Reply #30 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 15:06:29 »
Update 05/06/2019:

Thank you all who has joined the GB. Sorry for the lack of update, I was in China for work during the whole month of April and I'm pretty caught up by work lately, wanted to do the update after invoicing.

And here you go, invoices are sent by GMK and most of the vendors has paid. The GB wasn't doing very well but we managed to get help from vendors including Novelkeys to get to the MOQ.

The current status: production slot secured, I'll update the final estimated ship date once I get this from GMK.

Some of the SA Lime keys are sent to GMK for color matching, I'll update picture of samples once they arrive.

Cheers.

220568-0

220570-1
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 June 2019, 15:17:05 by kingnestea »

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #31 on: Wed, 05 June 2019, 19:33:40 »
Very fresh :cool:

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #32 on: Sun, 04 August 2019, 02:51:02 »
Update 05/06/2019:

Cheers.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Hey Kingnestea any updates on the timeline for receiving this set?

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #33 on: Sun, 18 August 2019, 15:52:33 »
Update 05/06/2019:

Cheers.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

Hey Kingnestea any updates on the timeline for receiving this set?

The colors are approved 2 weeks ago, but I haven't received any timeline yet.

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #34 on: Sun, 18 August 2019, 15:54:16 »
Preview of Lime desk mat:

« Last Edit: Tue, 17 September 2019, 10:51:17 by kingnestea »

Offline ludd3

« Reply #35 on: Fri, 06 September 2019, 16:53:13 »
Any updates?
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 September 2019, 16:54:49 by ludd3 »

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #36 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 10:52:22 »
GMK has confirmed that Lime will be the next set in production.
However, they are still waiting the resin to arrive, which is scheduled for end of Sep.
The current estimated dispatch dat is Oct. 11

Offline olaf3

Re: [GB]GMK Lime (GB closed, updated 17/09/2019)
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 21:35:56 »
Any updates on the shipping estimates of this set?

Offline kingnestea

Re: [GB]GMK Lime (GB closed, updated 17/09/2019)
« Reply #38 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 22:33:07 »
Any updates on the shipping estimates of this set?
GMK is supposed to dispatch the shipments this week

Offline kingnestea

Re: [GB]GMK Lime (on the way to vendors)
« Reply #39 on: Sun, 27 October 2019, 15:12:17 »
GMK has shipped the sets last Friday.
I'm really happy with the colors, it turned out to really something I wanted.
I've posted some potato pictures on my instagram: nesteaking
Will take some glamorous shots tomorrow with the desk mat and post it here.

Offline kingnestea

Re: [GB]GMK Lime (on the way to vendors)
« Reply #40 on: Mon, 28 October 2019, 11:37:17 »
potato-ish pictures...