Author Topic: [IC] GMK Chocolatier - Available For Pre-Order!  (Read 41398 times)

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: [IC] GMK Chocolatier
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 12:24:15 »
Nice update!  Looking forward to it! :thumb:

Offline Fooblitzky

« Reply #101 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 12:53:59 »
No marshmellow flavored novelties? A couple creamy white accents might look good like WS1 or CP.

Or is adding novelty colors stupid expensive? Sorry, if this was brought up before somewhere else.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #102 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 17:01:46 »
I hate brown. It is the worst colour. It is the colour of muck and feaces.  However, somehow - maybe it's the lovely renders, or the magic of GMK - this looks really, really, lovely. All the accents are great. The double base idea is inspired... I don't know if I'll buy it, I guess I might, but I absolutely commend you for making something so nice out of something so ****.

Offline dsaf

« Reply #103 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 18:06:24 »
I hate brown. It is the worst colour. It is the colour of muck and feaces...

I thought so too, also hate the Chocolate Factory theme. Yet I regret getting the SA version now (without novelties of course). On the upside hopefully we will see SA Round 2 with white chocolate alphas/mods!
Unless of course it will be yet another hidden group buy, in which case it would be a good time to quit this hobby altogether...

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #104 on: Sat, 11 August 2018, 07:47:32 »

I thought so too, also hate the Chocolate Factory theme. Yet I regret getting the SA version now (without novelties of course). On the upside hopefully we will see SA Round 2 with white chocolate alphas/mods!
Unless of course it will be yet another hidden group buy, in which case it would be a good time to quit this hobby altogether...

what are you referring to?

KMK Labs.

Offline dsaf

Offline mousetrap00

« Reply #106 on: Mon, 20 August 2018, 14:16:26 »
Any updates?

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #107 on: Mon, 20 August 2018, 14:40:08 »
Not yet. Waiting for GMK's quotes

Offline mimalik

« Reply #108 on: Wed, 22 August 2018, 13:21:08 »

SA Chocolatier looks really nice with JukeBox Alphas, I didnt get numpad and tkl to match the entire set, but jukebox alpha pics dont do colors justice.

202399-0

Offline Absinthe

• Atreusaurus rex
« Reply #109 on: Thu, 23 August 2018, 22:59:05 »

SA Chocolatier looks really nice with JukeBox Alphas, I didnt get numpad and tkl to match the entire set, but jukebox alpha pics dont do colors justice.
Show Image

(Attachment Link)

That does look good! I have Jukebox coming to me and already have Carbon SA... now I'm even more regretting missing out on Chocolatier!  :(
Francium Pro : MX Brown || B.Mini : Zealio 65 & Zealencios || Atreus62 : Zealio 65 & Zealencios

SA Carbon || SA Dasher || SA Symbiosis 2.0 || SA Retro

Offline Absinthe

• Atreusaurus rex
« Reply #110 on: Thu, 23 August 2018, 23:05:42 »
Francium Pro : MX Brown || B.Mini : Zealio 65 & Zealencios || Atreus62 : Zealio 65 & Zealencios

SA Carbon || SA Dasher || SA Symbiosis 2.0 || SA Retro

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #111 on: Fri, 24 August 2018, 00:13:21 »
I am definitely, definitely down for this set. It is exactly what I am after! So excited to have this come to fruition.

Offline mousetrap00

« Reply #112 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 03:27:30 »
We need some real timeless colorways to go live instead of these redesigns/tweaked with different name gmk sets. Cmon chocolatier, im waiting!!!  ;D

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #113 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 10:13:03 »
Any solid date on the dropping timeline? Also do you think a R2 of SA Chocolatier is on the horizon? I really dig this theme and would love to get them in both colorways.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #114 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 10:32:16 »
Any solid date on the dropping timeline? Also do you think a R2 of SA Chocolatier is on the horizon? I really dig this theme and would love to get them in both colorways.

Probably October.
No.

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #115 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 10:36:52 »

Probably October.
No.

Thanks for the update. I hope we can get on this the sooner the better. Carbon will be the big end game for this year so I'd love to see Chocolatier a bit sooner so hopefully I could somehow recover by then 😁.

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #116 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 22:51:38 »
I talked a little bit about it on the Keebtown podcast. Yes, I've consider making a "Golden Ticket" keycap but the problem is that it would look super weird because I'd have to remove the Enter arrow, so it would look out of place with the shift and backspace modifiers (at least to me). We've also to think about text placement: should it be left aligned or centerized? Left aligned would make sense with the rest of the modifiers, but it wouldn't be a good idea for a "Golden Ticket", because the text should be centerized. Then, we'd have just one key with the text centered and the rest left aligned and that doesn't look good to me.
Well, it is the "Golden Ticket", it should be unique right? I'd say make it fully justified with a font size designed to stretch across the whole key.

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #117 on: Mon, 03 September 2018, 23:33:01 »
I talked a little bit about it on the Keebtown podcast. Yes, I've consider making a "Golden Ticket" keycap but the problem is that it would look super weird because I'd have to remove the Enter arrow, so it would look out of place with the shift and backspace modifiers (at least to me). We've also to think about text placement: should it be left aligned or centerized? Left aligned would make sense with the rest of the modifiers, but it wouldn't be a good idea for a "Golden Ticket", because the text should be centerized. Then, we'd have just one key with the text centered and the rest left aligned and that doesn't look good to me.
Well, it is the "Golden Ticket", it should be unique right? I'd say make it fully justified with a font size designed to stretch across the whole key.
+1 centered, across the whole key.  Lack of pictogram won't bother me.  Is it also consistent with "Caps Lock" on the other side.
Cherry Modifier legends defy logic in many different ways, so if it looks good or can easily become part of acquired taste, no prob~

Offline MikeTheTiger

« Reply #118 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 17:57:42 »
So is there a chance of including a 1.75u backspace?

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #119 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 18:24:16 »
Not really.

Offline mousetrap00

« Reply #120 on: Tue, 04 September 2018, 18:45:53 »
not sleeping on the chocolatier. carbon is always a hypetrain imo.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #121 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 09:43:17 »
Good day everyone,

After checking how much interest there is on this set and how current group buys are going, I've decided to update the kits in favour of a slightly more conservative approach. Here is a changelog of the kits:
- Chocolatier will now have one Core kit with no accent keys
- Accent keys have been moved to the Novelties kits
- 40s has been reduced a little bit to make it as affordable as possible while preserving most of its compatibility.

Offline avid

« Reply #122 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 09:57:38 »
Looking forward to this drop. I hope its mykeyboard as eu proxy. Any news on when a planned drop is due?

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #123 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 10:05:55 »
mykeyboard.eu will be the EU proxy for this set, that's for sure.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #124 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 19:35:47 »
Good day everyone,
After checking how much interest there is on this set and how current group buys are going, I've decided to update the kits in favour of a slightly more conservative approach. Here is a changelog of the kits:
Show Image

Why are both R2 TAB keycaps in the CORE kit the same color?
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 September 2018, 01:46:42 by dvorcol »

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #125 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 19:56:30 »
Good day everyone,

Show Image

- 40s has been reduced a little bit to make it as affordable as possible while preserving most of its compatibility.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

This seems like a solid choice given recent weaker numbers across group buys.

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #126 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 20:30:07 »
Any chance those split spacebars will be offered in chocolate color as well?

Offline centorsaurus

« Reply #127 on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 23:14:00 »
It's too bad to get rid of the ten key enter accent keycaps in the main 1800 array keyboards. The desire to buy has disappeared and the missing Red key keycap is disappointing.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #128 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 03:08:41 »
Good day everyone,
Show Image

Why are both R2 TAB keycaps in the CORE kit the same color?

So you can use leftover mods with another keyboards.

After some consideration, I've opted for a more conservative approach for the core of this set, although with
some minor eccentricity.

With the goal of encouraging the reusability of these keycaps with other sets, I’ve also included a second
Tab key. With just that extra key, now people could potentially use Chocolatier’s modifiers at the same time
in, for example, an HHKB and a standard fullsize keyboard.

Offline avid

« Reply #129 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 05:50:20 »
I like the idea of 2nd tab. Would it be possible to add another backspace? That way you could also do most layouts with 2nd mods

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #130 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 06:20:32 »
Any chance we could have those same 2.25u and 2.75u spacekeys in chocolate color from the 40's kit offered in the spacebar kit?

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #131 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 06:38:30 »
Any chance we could have those same 2.25u and 2.75u spacekeys in chocolate color from the 40's kit offered in the spacebar kit?

The spacebar kit is only for accent keycaps.
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 September 2018, 06:40:57 by Zambumon »

Offline mousetrap00

« Reply #132 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 09:29:48 »
Is that the final uodate? So no more red keys or white keys?

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #133 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 10:52:23 »
Is that the final uodate? So no more red keys or white keys?

Yes, this should be the final one.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #134 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 10:57:07 »
Any chance those split spacebars will be offered in chocolate color as well?

40s has those, and it should be fairly affordable given the size of the kit.

Offline base

« Reply #135 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 15:40:53 »

I like this decision a lot. Would love to also see a yellow ANSI enter with standard text in addition to the novelty one, but will now be buying multiple accent kits regardless.

Offline Jkush463

« Reply #136 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 15:43:15 »
mmm chocolate, love this one.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #137 on: Thu, 13 September 2018, 15:48:00 »
I like this decision a lot. Would love to also see a yellow ANSI enter with standard text in addition to the novelty one, but will now be buying multiple accent kits regardless.

It will be just one yellow enter key, so I'll go with just the golden ticket one.

Offline HWGuy

« Reply #138 on: Wed, 19 September 2018, 09:50:57 »
I have been pining for SA Chocolatier ever since I realized I missed it - but I actually prefer GMK sets for typing. I had no idea this was going on, and I'm so glad I stumbled across it. I won't miss it this time! My credit card is ready, and I am so excited!!!!!

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #139 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 13:23:28 »
I've received quotes from GMK for the kits and have forwarded them to Novelkeys, MykeyboardEU, and Zfrontier (NA, EU, and CN proxies for the upcoming group buy)

Given the interest on this set, the current demand, and MOQs, I've opted not to offer the 40s kit and just have Core, Novelties, and spacebars with some minor updates on the spacebar kit.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #140 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 15:50:47 »
Would it be possible to get the smaller spacebars in the primary colors in that kit in that case?  Just curious...

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #141 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 16:01:23 »
Would it be possible to get the smaller spacebars in the primary colors in that kit in that case?  Just curious...

That is the change I'm making.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #142 on: Thu, 20 September 2018, 16:45:14 »

That is the change I'm making.

I like the change that you're making  :D

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #143 on: Fri, 21 September 2018, 18:44:51 »
Final kits for GMK Chocolatier.

The Group Buy for this set should be in October with European (mykeyboard), North American (novelkeys) and Chinese (ZFrontier) vendors.

Offline euphxenos

Re: [IC] GMK Chocolatier - Final kits | GB IN OCTOBER
« Reply #144 on: Fri, 21 September 2018, 21:26:56 »
Zambumon,

Would it be possible for you to check with GMK and find out if that Core kit is really going to contain only what you've specified, or if they'll be adding any additional keys to it?  I use the Tada68 65% layout, which uses an R3 PgUp and an R4 PgDn.  GMK has been adding those to a lot of sets that don't specify it, because GMK's Uniqey C70 uses them.  It can get frustrating when I stay out of a group buy only to see the kits delivered to others include the keys I thought were missing.  It would be nice to have some confirmation from GMK about what the kit will end up including before they the group buy closes.

Offline mousetrap00

« Reply #145 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 08:09:46 »
HERE WE GOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #146 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 09:38:27 »
Zambumon,

Would it be possible for you to check with GMK and find out if that Core kit is really going to contain only what you've specified, or if they'll be adding any additional keys to it?  I use the Tada68 65% layout, which uses an R3 PgUp and an R4 PgDn.  GMK has been adding those to a lot of sets that don't specify it, because GMK's Uniqey C70 uses them.  It can get frustrating when I stay out of a group buy only to see the kits delivered to others include the keys I thought were missing.  It would be nice to have some confirmation from GMK about what the kit will end up including before they the group buy closes.

The kits I've posted here are final, and it hasn't been the first time I've offered this option to cover the C70 and, in fact, I've renders of both boards and this set using R2 Page up, R3 Page Down, and R4 End.

With 65 and 75% keyboards there's always people that want one option or the other. As both the TADA68 and C70 are programmable, I don't think it is a big issue for anyone.

Offline Aerizu

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #147 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 10:41:29 »
Final kits for GMK Chocolatier.

The Group Buy for this set should be in October with European (mykeyboard), North American (novelkeys) and Chinese (ZFrontier) vendors.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

So... no more 40s kit? :<

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
« Reply #148 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 11:18:13 »
No, it had a MOQ of 150 units and I don't think it would be close enough to reach the MOQ.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #149 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 12:42:23 »
I thought you were going to add a 2U in the base color, not replace the accent 2U.  Oh well. :)