Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 872341 times)

Offline jacethesaltsculptor

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
Re: What computer games do you play?
« Reply #4300 on: Sun, 26 January 2020, 16:07:28 »
Just started up Star Citizen over the weekend and it was kinda cool to run bounty-hunter missions in the starter ships. Wasn't quite a "great" experience yet, even after 10 years of development.

I've wanted to jump into a free fly event for quite sometime now, maybe one of these years if development ever gets anywhere.

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4301 on: Mon, 27 January 2020, 16:12:46 »

Just started up Star Citizen over the weekend and it was kinda cool to run bounty-hunter missions in the starter ships. Wasn't quite a "great" experience yet, even after 10 years of development.

Oh that reminds me how should i go about completing bounty hunter missions for LSW? *once i'm done episode 4,5,6 and 2

The game always runs full screen so how do i get out of window mode?

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #4302 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 14:58:46 »
I just got bored with PoE officially. Is Grim Dawn or whatever worth the purchase, or is it going to feel like the same game?
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #4303 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 15:23:16 »
I just got bored with PoE officially. Is Grim Dawn or whatever worth the purchase, or is it going to feel like the same game?

Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #4304 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 15:40:05 »

Yep, that's what I'm playing:)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #4305 on: Thu, 06 February 2020, 15:55:50 »

Yep, that's what I'm playing:)

Nice, classic. How many machine gun-toting Shelby Cobras have you unleashed on the world? I wish games still had crap like that, like Simon the killer Ewok from Galactic Battlegrounds.

Offline mariopepper

« Reply #4306 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 06:43:32 »
Usually I play skyrim, dota2 and cs go. But recently I have also tried pc games with augmented or vr reality. I'm getting bored of simple pc games so every time I see something new, something interesting I want to try it immediately. Recently I've tried playing through virtual reality machine and it were amazing feeling. Every game is getting much more interesting and brighter.
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 February 2020, 06:45:39 by mariopepper »

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4307 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 13:27:19 »
Game that i am playing is moba

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4308 on: Fri, 07 February 2020, 17:24:46 »
Game that i am playing is moba

Arena of Valor = Best Moba.

U can play on fone,  or android emulator on PC.

Offline phinix

« Reply #4309 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 13:40:04 »
Anyone tried this one?: WRATH: Aeon of Ruin
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #4310 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 14:24:19 »

I'm looking for another hack'n'slash but a bit different from PoE. I also would enjoy a fantasy turn-based game, too. Also... **** on sale... like super sale.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4311 on: Sun, 09 February 2020, 09:34:10 »
Now playing Aiming.pro

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4312 on: Mon, 10 February 2020, 18:42:55 »
Jumped into Destiny 2 when it went F2P on Steam. Now over 500hrs and still playing almost daily.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4313 on: Mon, 10 February 2020, 20:23:38 »
Jumped into Destiny 2 when it went F2P on Steam. Now over 500hrs and still playing almost daily.

Just asking what makes it fun

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4314 on: Tue, 11 February 2020, 00:41:08 »

Just asking what makes it fun

I enjoy the gunplay. For me it's really fun.

The random weapon and armor drops are a nice surprise. It's extra cool when seeing another persons build and wanting a specific weapon or armor piece and getting it. Once you get the actual weapon you want, you then get to decide if it's actually as good for you as you hoped and build it up or scrap it and move to something else.

I originally was deciding between this, Apex Legends and Overwatch. I was drawn to the single player aspects as well as the ability to jump in on 3 person or 6 person teams. There is plenty of PvE and PvP stuff to get into.

I think it's worth checking out, especially since it's F2P on Steam, XboxOne, and PS4. It is a large download though, around 100GB. That's definitely an issue for some.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4315 on: Tue, 11 February 2020, 01:06:46 »
I was drawn to the single player aspects as well as the ability to jump in on 3 person or 6 person teams. There is plenty of PvE and PvP stuff to get into.

I installed it when it went F2p on steam. I played through the tutorial, then got lost and couldn't figure out what I was suppose to do .  went on a random quest,  it was very grindy, but maybe it was meant for more players ?

Offline phinix

« Reply #4316 on: Tue, 11 February 2020, 03:53:21 »
I was drawn to the single player aspects as well as the ability to jump in on 3 person or 6 person teams. There is plenty of PvE and PvP stuff to get into.

I installed it when it went F2p on steam. I played through the tutorial, then got lost and couldn't figure out what I was suppose to do .  went on a random quest,  it was very grindy, but maybe it was meant for more players ?

We should find some cool game to play all geekhackers together  :thumb:

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #4317 on: Tue, 11 February 2020, 05:18:34 »
I played it with friends and didn't find it grindy at all.
It becomes grindy the higher your level is, I'll give you that.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #4318 on: Tue, 11 February 2020, 07:31:55 »

I played the first Destiny, only because people bothered me to get it, just like COD Black Ops. That one, at least, seemed grindy to me. It is basically a Halo MMO, without Master Chief since Bungie doesn't own the rights anymore. I never was a fan of MMOs, but I would easily choose SWTOR over the others I have tried.

I have had way more than my share of carrot-on-a-stick games, especially since I wasted many years on Runescape. I miss the days when RPGs were just about the only genre with rigid skill/item/weapon progression, and you could just hop in enjoy yourself as long as you like, and hop out. The only exception for me was Halo 2, but with that game the leveling was at least skill-based instead of just an addiction mechanism.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4319 on: Tue, 11 February 2020, 11:49:10 »
I once again, played that stupid MOBA called Adventure Up for 1 hour

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4320 on: Tue, 11 February 2020, 11:49:42 »

Hmm..

Geekhack minecraft server? Or maybe arsenal private server? Or phantom forces? You decide.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #4321 on: Tue, 11 February 2020, 12:04:04 »

Hmm..

Geekhack minecraft server? Or maybe arsenal private server? Or phantom forces? You decide.

I used to host my own MC server on an old workstation. Can that even be done privately anymore now that M$ moved to that whole stupid realms thing?

Never played the other two before.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4322 on: Tue, 11 February 2020, 13:11:05 »

Hmm..

I used to host my own MC server on an old workstation. Can that even be done privately anymore now that M$ moved to that whole stupid realms thing?

Never played the other two before.

ooh

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #4323 on: Wed, 12 February 2020, 12:07:13 »
Playing Pikuniku right now.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #4324 on: Wed, 12 February 2020, 15:14:26 »
Playing Borderlands 3 on my finally finished new rig.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #4325 on: Wed, 12 February 2020, 15:42:22 »
The first game I have played seriously in many months is Red Dead Redemption 2, now that I have waited patiently not only for the PC release, but for all of the performance issues related to it to be resolved.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4326 on: Wed, 12 February 2020, 19:28:06 »
The first game I have played seriously in many months is Red Dead Redemption 2, now that I have waited patiently not only for the PC release, but for all of the performance issues related to it to be resolved.

Never ever gonna happen, the game will remain broken af until they shut the servers down. R* would rather keep adding content than fix what's already there. Plus much of the company budget and manpower is going into GTA6 right now.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #4327 on: Wed, 12 February 2020, 19:35:00 »

That game is def on my list. Never played the first, though.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4328 on: Thu, 13 February 2020, 09:24:47 »

Yeah you paid for this game therefore you should get the best experience possible.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #4329 on: Thu, 13 February 2020, 09:53:39 »

That game is def on my list. Never played the first, though.

You really don't need to play the first one, as far as I can tell so far. They call it 2, but it is a prequel to the first.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #4330 on: Thu, 13 February 2020, 10:15:39 »
Looks like the first 3 chapters of Wolcen are out today sometime.

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #4331 on: Thu, 13 February 2020, 15:06:20 »
I've been playing the new Satisfactory update. It's hella fun.
pls gief bbv2

Offline dokternik

« Reply #4332 on: Thu, 13 February 2020, 15:55:22 »
Post Scriptum. Hell Let Loose. Rising Storm Vietnam.

Pew. Pew. Pew.

Communicate.

Pew. Pew. Pew.

Offline PadawanGeek

« Reply #4333 on: Sat, 15 February 2020, 11:43:33 »
Now playing Metro Exodus Sam's Story DLC, looks to be longer than The Two Colonels, so love Metro series so I can't emphasize how much I'm lovin' it.

Offline Kirez

• Superfighters Unblocked
« Reply #4334 on: Tue, 18 February 2020, 02:00:26 »
Now I'm Playing The Outer Worlds and Call of Duty MW 2019

Offline Horbis

• World of Solitaire
« Reply #4335 on: Tue, 18 February 2020, 02:07:53 »
Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC
Darksiders Genesis
Forza Horizon 4

Offline Charlesxvi

« Reply #4336 on: Tue, 18 February 2020, 12:01:18 »
I play league mostly. Clone hero (guitar hero for PC) I used to play rocket league and stuff too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Šypher

« Reply #4337 on: Tue, 18 February 2020, 19:40:27 »
PUBG
Rocket League

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #4338 on: Sun, 01 March 2020, 11:24:01 »
tarkov ouo
I love Elzy

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #4339 on: Mon, 09 March 2020, 15:40:38 »
Returned to Runescape after a 7 year hiatus. Things have changed a lot but I've met a lot of good friends over the last few months.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #4340 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 09:55:52 »
Returned to Runescape after a 7 year hiatus. Things have changed a lot but I've met a lot of good friends over the last few months.

Oh god. No! Run, run as fast as you can. Don't let the addiction set in again.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4341 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 12:56:03 »

Once i leave games i usually never go back

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #4342 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 13:13:41 »
Once i leave games i usually never go back

Same but it's usually because the games no longer exist after I decide to get it out again.

Oh god. No! Run, run as fast as you can. Don't let the addiction set in again.

Too late.  :p
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4343 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 18:47:19 »
Been getting back into Postal 2, over a decade later and there's still never been a game quite like it.

It's the best worst game you'll ever play. It's the video game equivalent of the greatest cult classic b-movies, never gets old, and has more personality in it's jankey old unoptimized engine than modern AAA titles do with their massive budgets. 

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #4344 on: Tue, 10 March 2020, 21:28:07 »
Been getting back into Postal 2, over a decade later and there's still never been a game quite like it.

It's the best worst game you'll ever play. It's the video game equivalent of the greatest cult classic b-movies, never gets old, and has more personality in it's jankey old unoptimized engine than modern AAA titles do with their massive budgets.

Unoptimized? I would think it runs pretty lean. I had it running on an HP Elitebook 2540p with integrated graphics. the i7 640lm in that thing benchmarks about the same as a modern bargain bin mobile Celeron in a $150 Chromebook. Fantastic game, certainly worth a play by everyone.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4345 on: Thu, 12 March 2020, 11:56:07 »
Got dead cells on my laptop and i am ready to start playing

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4346 on: Thu, 12 March 2020, 11:57:10 »

Optimized engine? Bro try TT's engine which forces you in to full screen and you can't exit out unless you go back, and then press the exit button.

TT games needs to make PC ports in windowed mode

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #4347 on: Thu, 12 March 2020, 12:13:17 »

Optimized engine? Bro try TT's engine which forces you in to full screen and you can't exit out unless you go back, and then press the exit button.

TT games needs to make PC ports in windowed mode

TT being what? What hotkeys have you tried to minimize? I haven't been unable to minimize any game by using either the Windows key, or alt+tab. I don't even play any games in windowed mode, yet I minimize them quite frequently.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #4348 on: Thu, 12 March 2020, 16:37:12 »

Unoptimized? I would think it runs pretty lean. I had it running on an HP Elitebook 2540p with integrated graphics. the i7 640lm in that thing benchmarks about the same as a modern bargain bin mobile Celeron in a $150 Chromebook. Fantastic game, certainly worth a play by everyone.

Postal 2 is still glitchy as all hell even after RWS released DLC and patches 12 years later. Honestly the glitchyness is part of Postal 2's charm, you can always expect some new weird thing to happen with the engine. That and crashes, you can always expect crashes. I'm hoping 4 brings all that crass charm and disregard for other's, but on a stable engine.

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #4349 on: Fri, 13 March 2020, 07:30:19 »

Postal 2 is still glitchy as all hell even after RWS released DLC and patches 12 years later. Honestly the glitchyness is part of Postal 2's charm, you can always expect some new weird thing to happen with the engine. That and crashes, you can always expect crashes. I'm hoping 4 brings all that crass charm and disregard for other's, but on a stable engine.

Agreed. I have tried one of the early builds. It is looking good to me.