Author Topic: [IC] Out of the Vault - Series III: Lucky 38 and Vault 111 (GB has begun!)  (Read 54575 times)

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
Which set is the Green Row 1 NukaCola for? The only set I recall in green recently is Nuclear Data, but that's...
The Lime Green Nuka Cola is for SA Retro

Ah, gotcha! Nice.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Which set is the Green Row 1 NukaCola for? The only set I recall in green recently is Nuclear Data, but that's...

Ah, gotcha! Nice.

Lucky 38 is Nuclear Data green because that is the color of the base key...reminds me of the felt at the craps table...  :thumb:
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline dndlmx

Mint nuka will be wicked,  hope it makes the cut !!!

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Mint nuka will be wicked,  hope it makes the cut !!!

Very important point...not all keycaps will make it to final sets...

Offline dndlmx

How many you think you'll cut the main set down to?

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
How many you think you'll cut the main set down to?

I would like to see all of the current mockups make it...overall cost per set as is will be quite high, I am sure. Believe it or not, the cheapest set will definitely be the Irradiated Travels set since they are all the same material and family.

Lucky 38 colors are set for sure.

I will try to get some numbers generated soon to show what kind of cost we are looking at...

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Edit: see OP for new info, yo

:-X

Offline dndlmx

Suddenly some of those main deal alternate vaults seem excess.   :))

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Suddenly some of those main deal alternate vaults seem excess.   :))

Nothing like setting pricing to cause us to want to cull some keys back...

What if I just did a keycap matrix, and sell each specialty color individually. The ones which make the 100 paid get made, while the ones that don't, won't? Does this sound too crazy, or confusing?

Offline Xenocidal

• Professional Lurker
Hahaha holy crap at that parent deal. I'd agree that first on the cutting block would be alternate vaults for sure. I think Nuka Colas are much more popular.

Is that 100 MOQ for a single key or all keys in that colorway with what you are proposing? Not sure how many single keys would be successful if its the first, and if it is the second would there be more keys added to the various colorways?

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
I think that pricing is very reasonable and I'm happy to pay that. I'd order one of every set right now :)

If you break it down it comes to $3 per cap. That's not bad at all.

What would the pricing be at a 50 MOQ or is it simply that SP won't make them at less than 100 orders?
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
I think that pricing is very reasonable and I'm happy to pay that. I'd order one of every set right now :)

What would the pricing be at a 50 MOQ or is it simply that SP won't make them at less than 100 orders?

I'm sure there won't be a problem selling more than 100 orders, especially when r/MK finds out about it, reddit is in a Fallout 4 craze still.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards

100 orders keeps everything level across the board and ensures everything is settled for production. Any amount short of that and the keycaps wind up costing more per cap. My goal here is to create never-before-produced novelty caps at a decent price. I like steady no nonsense, simple pricing. And I think across the board $3 a cap is best for everyone involved.

SP has no real MOQ. They will even make 5 keycaps at $20.06 a keycap + $45 new legend fee + shipping. The more that gets made the less they are each...

Offline Data

Dude, those prices are great.  My wallet is ready.  Let's do this.

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
Dude, those prices are great.  My wallet is ready.  Let's do this.

Seconded!  :thumb:

Offline Bakgrund

Will you be forced to buy the parent set too or can you buy just a child set? I was interested in the mint keycaps, but for 88 dollars I think I'll pass. Still highly interested in the Child Deal 3 -  SA Row 3 Nuka Cola Six Pack though.
Quickfire Rapid    Quickfire Rapid
Mx Browns          Mx Reds
Ducky thick PBT   Stock caps

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Will you be forced to buy the parent set too or can you buy just a child set? I was interested in the mint keycaps, but for 88 dollars I think I'll pass. Still highly interested in the Child Deal 3 -  SA Row 3 Nuka Cola Six Pack though.

Deal is a deal is a deal. I will change the verbage and deals soon to reflect my new direction.

Parent deal and child deal will no longer be 'a thing' should I move forward on my own.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Major Edit to OP.

Let me know what you think. Too confusing?

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
Major Edit to OP.

The splits seem to make logical sense. The fact that they drop down the price-per-kit (as they are smaller) will probably get more people to take the plunge and buy some.

Can't wait :D

Offline FuriousGeorge

I personally like the smaller sets better. A little more manageable for me.

I may have missed it earlier, but is the brown Nuka Cola in the row 1 or the row 3 set intended to match the SA Retro set?

Offline Xenocidal

• Professional Lurker
Like the new breakdowns, I am in. Where do I make my deposit?

Now, don't shoot me or anything, but what are the chances of a Row 1 Irradiated Travels? Hahahaha

Offline ShardZer0

I'm in for all of them.  :thumb:

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
Great job! <throws money at screen>

I like the breakdowns and want 'em all. I hope we can get 100 minimum for all kits. Should be able to if you do a little "hyping" in all the proper places (DT, Reddit, here).

How about making an image banner link thingy we can put in our sigs to point here, like the Retro SA one?
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Should be able to if you do a little "hyping" in all the proper places (DT, Reddit, here).

How about making an image banner link thingy we can put in our sigs to point here, like the Retro SA one?

Accepting Guerilla marketing volunteers...I lack much clout or post count on DT. I suppose I could post on reddit, but there again, I'm hardly ever on.

As for a banner...accepting volunteers...though Mogo should have this one in the bag for me.

Offline THSdrummer

• HKP hunter. Need moar.
Great job! <throws money at screen>

I like the breakdowns and want 'em all. I hope we can get 100 minimum for all kits. Should be able to if you do a little "hyping" in all the proper places (DT, Reddit, here).

Hahaha, same here. Looking forward to this group buy. Especially if all of them make the 100 count. I know I for one was sad I missed the 4 key Fallout inspired caps from PMK. I imagine this will garner some hype with a good bit of press.

Now we just need a full keycap set that's Fallout inspired.  :thumb:

Leopold FC660m  CM Stealth TKL

WTB: ^^ (O-Zone Bro V2), Drunk Skull, Oktoberfest, Laser/Poison/Woodland HKPs, G1 HKP Gas Masks
MY CLASSIFIEDS THREAD

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
Should be able to if you do a little "hyping" in all the proper places (DT, Reddit, here).

Accepting Guerilla marketing volunteers...I lack much clout or post count on DT. I suppose I could post on reddit, but there again, I'm hardly ever on.

As for a banner...accepting volunteers...though Mogo should have this one in the bag for me.

I'm on reddit quite a bit, I'll send post some links. I will also get involved with a signature banner!

Offline dndlmx

I think its too many alternate vaults. 2 of those, 2 nukas, move Lucky B&W would be a nice alternate pack.

Offline Data

Major Edit to OP.

It's perfect.  Brilliant, even.  Don't touch it!   :p

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards

Now, don't shoot me or anything, but what are the chances of a Row 1 Irradiated Travels? Hahahaha

If people show enough interest, I will add one...who's with this guy?

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com

Erm, I am! But I'm pretty much going to buy everything :D

That Nuka Cola addiction!

Offline linkshine

• * Destiny Supporter
  • If you wanna b my lover, u gotta get w/ my friends
Wallet = ready. Let's do this bro

Offline iceman1925

Wallet = ready. Let's do this bro
Exactly how I feel lol
Rapid-I||Ducky Mini||'87 Model M SSK||Goldtouch 0077
reddit.com/u/iceman1925

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder

Show Image

+1. Would love some glow-in-the-dark love for my Row 1 sets... That would make this GB complete and I WILL buy all the kits.

I think the breakdown is really good. People can get the kit that matches the sets they have / colours they like in the correct profile and not pay too much and people like myself (and I would guess Elrick) that have ALL the recent SA sets and will buy all the upcoming ones can get 'em all!
Buying more keycaps,
but I must have them.

Offline E3E

Alright, to fully get this working on my Octagon build, I'm going to need x2 Junktown Novelty sets x1 SA Row 1 Core set x1 Row 3 Core set and possibly x1 Row 3 Six Pack set for experimentation. Was considering the translucent/GiD novelties but they just won't gel well asthetically with the Jukebox colorway.
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 August 2015, 13:58:14 by E3E »

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards

Show Image

+1. Would love some glow-in-the-dark love for my Row 1 sets... That would make this GB complete and I WILL buy all the kits.

I think the breakdown is really good. People can get the kit that matches the sets they have / colours they like in the correct profile and not pay too much and people like myself (and I would guess Elrick) that have ALL the recent SA sets and will buy all the upcoming ones can get 'em all!

Edit: You asked...we delivered.
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 August 2015, 14:16:40 by 00zeRO »

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
Alright, to fully get this working on my Octagon build, I'm going to need x2 Junktown Novelty sets x1 SA Row 1 Core set x1 Row 3 Core set and possibly x1 Row 3 Six Pack set for experimentation. Was considering the translucent novelties but they just won't gel well asthetically with the Jukebox colorway.

I like your thinkin'. Can't wait to see pics when all this is said and done...

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com

Show Image

You asked...I delivered.

So glorious!  :eek:

Offline E3E

Alright, to fully get this working on my Octagon build, I'm going to need x2 Junktown Novelty sets x1 SA Row 1 Core set x1 Row 3 Core set and possibly x1 Row 3 Six Pack set for experimentation. Was considering the translucent novelties but they just won't gel well asthetically with the Jukebox colorway.

Thank you! After playing with layouts, though it totally won't work for my ideas with Jukebox without looking absolutely absurd, I put Sixpack translucent colors on all of the alphas. It looks ridiculous and wouldn't fit on Jukebox thanks to the sculpted profile, but it'd probably look amazing on 1976, considering that's all Row 3 if I'm not mistaken. Someone please do this. <3 http://puu.sh/jrQqG/548cdc694f.jpg

Because really, who wouldn't want to type on nothing but Nuka Cola caps?
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 August 2015, 14:20:47 by E3E »

Offline linkshine

• * Destiny Supporter
  • If you wanna b my lover, u gotta get w/ my friends
Glow in the dark would be so cool.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter

Thank you! After playing with layouts, though it totally won't work for my ideas with Jukebox without looking absolutely absurd, I put Sixpack translucent colors on all of the alphas. It looks ridiculous and wouldn't fit on Jukebox thanks to the sculpted profile, but it'd probably look amazing on 1976, considering that's all Row 3 if I'm not mistaken. Someone please do this. <3 http://puu.sh/jrQqG/548cdc694f.jpg

Unicorn ****+Jukebox+Fallout+75%keyboard. Brilliant.
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline Xenocidal

• Professional Lurker

Unicorn ****+Jukebox+Fallout+75%keyboard. Brilliant.

Hahahaha.  I hope I can get color accurate pictures of my build when it is done, not as crazy as all Nuka Colas though. GON Nerd TKL Acrylic (Softwhite+cyan LEDs)+Jukebox+Fallout caps. I changed my entire GON build when I saw Jukebox to have it be Fallout themed. Just need...all the caps now.
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 August 2015, 15:02:48 by Xenocidal »

Offline dndlmx

Glow in the dark would be so cool.

The effect fades quick, and he said he didn't like the looks overall. That's why Nuka Quantum is white now, and he separated the glows. Just sayin.

Offline E3E

Ah, gotcha! Nice.

I have to ask if I'm color-blind. Everyone calls this one lime green, but looks more like a pastel light blue or turquoise to me.

EDIT: Mint. Mint green, thaaat's what it looks like.
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 August 2015, 20:50:24 by E3E »

Offline Bloo

I see the row 1 Jukebox, hoping for row 3 as well. :cool:

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards

We have gone round and round about this, the overall interest is not there...sorry

Offline E3E

The creamish white with red text cap on the Six Pack seems close enough.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
I'm in for all R1 sets  :thumb:
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
I'll most likely buy all if not most of the kits, I usually skimp out on a child deal or two and end up needing it in the future and screwing myself over haha.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline 00zeRO

• * Commercial Vendor
    • Mechanical Keyboards
I think I may be anticipating this set more that anyone...because when it's over, I will be switching gears for a bit...it may be time for 'unplugging from the system' for the next key novelty...

Offline THSdrummer

• HKP hunter. Need moar.
I think I may be anticipating this set more that anyone...because when it's over, I will be switching gears for a bit...it may be time for 'unplugging from the system' for the next key novelty...

Any idea when this will move to group buy? I know it'll take a bit for production and the GB to run, but I'd love to be pressing some Fallout keys for Fallout 4  ;D

Leopold FC660m  CM Stealth TKL

WTB: ^^ (O-Zone Bro V2), Drunk Skull, Oktoberfest, Laser/Poison/Woodland HKPs, G1 HKP Gas Masks
MY CLASSIFIEDS THREAD