Author Topic: Anyone else have a CM QuickFire Rapid without any labeling?  (Read 162694 times)

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
Re: Anyone else have a CM QuickFire Rapid without any labeling?
« Reply #650 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 00:20:39 »
I guess that goes to show how subjective it all is.  :)  I have both, but with different switches (reds in the QFR, ergo-clears in the Filco).  So, I can't say anything about any subtle differences there may be.  They both are hefty and feel solid.  I find MX blues to feel cheesy and cheap, but that's just me.
Russ

Offline Truday

• Grunt Life
« Reply #651 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 00:52:14 »
Ok... uh... being the previous owner of FOUR Ducky Shine 9087's with ALL CHERRY MX FLAVORS and currently owning 2x CM QFR w/ Reds/Browns, 1x CM QF TK w/ Reds and 2x Noppoo Choc Mini's w/ Reds/Browns (new version) I can assure you 100% that the QFR's take the crown with ease in regards to quality. The deal breaker really is how sturdy the keys feel when you type on them and this might be limited to some people but the costar stablizers on the bigger shift, enter, backspace, space bar etc are far superior to the Cherry switches on the Ducky's. Don't get me wrong besides those keys having that, "squishy feeling" there's really nothing else to complain about with the Ducky's. If you absolutely need backlighting, buy a Ducky. Now. Maybe a Deck if you're into abstract things. Or the CM QF TK if you want a more gaming oriented TKL KB. The CM QF TK and Noppoo Choc Mini's are probably somewhere in the middle of costar and cherry squishiness. But I will say overall I think the Choc Mini's are the lowest quality out of all the keyboards that I currently own. They aren't bad by any means but Noppoo definitely used cheaper materials to make their keyboards (Choc Mini's have the best layout for gamers IMO. Give them the quality of a costar and I will be a life long customer.) This is why I've spent so much money on keyboards, trying them out at home and seeing which ones I like. In the end it's all personal preference regardless of all the great information/reviews/advice on this website. And TBH I will spend quite a bit more money for a quality product that feels like the company actually gives a crap about what they put out as a final product. Good luck.

-Truday
Currently own:
Noppoo Choc Mini Noppoo Choc Mini, CM QuickFire TK,CM QuickFire Rapid
CM QuickFire Rapid

Offline Deicide

« Reply #652 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 09:21:43 »
Show Image

T_T got the ugly version

How are you liking the MX Black version?  Mine is coming in tomorrow, but then I can't open it for two weeks.  Infernal Christmas...  I'm planning on using it on the go and for gaming.
finger-blowing :)
CM Quickfire Rapid Black

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #653 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 11:36:13 »
I was gonna say... On my DKS2 if I push down the spacebar enough on one side, it is tilted toward that direction until I eyeball it to evenness. So just the stabilizers used in the QFR alone are superior to the Cherry ones in the Ducky boards. I still use my Ducky at home when I wanna type on reds. Don't get me wrong.... they're both "quality" boards. To say the QFR is the lesser in quality though is kind of silly.
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline TotalChaos

• Indy Game Coder
« Reply #654 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 13:42:23 »
... powder coated key caps) so how do you logically believe the QFR feels cheaper??...

Could someone please elaborate on these powder coated key caps???

This sounds very interesting!
Rosewill RK-9000RE #1 (Broke on day 26, fixed with Scotch Tape on day 42, barely holding together)
Rosewill RK-9000RE #2 (Lubed, still in the box.  I am afraid to use it because it will break like the first one)

Offline YMSNoms

« Reply #655 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 14:44:58 »
I got a debranded with browns from Scan sadly it's wrapped up for my brother christmas present. will pic on the day!
Leopold FC700R
Filco Majestouch-2 Multicamo
Korean FR4-87 Lambo Orange Custom

Offline file_id

« Reply #656 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 19:11:27 »
Sadly, I just returned a Ducky Shine keyboard because I didn't like the mushy feeling of the cherry stabilizers compared to the co-stars on the CMstorm.
DS3 White YOTS (Blue)|Poker 2 (Blue,Clear)|QFR Rapid-i TKL (Brown,Blue)|QFR Rapid TKL (Blue,Red,Brown)|KBP V60 (Blue,Clear,Matias Click)|Code TKL Clear|Filco MJ2 TKL (Blue)|Filco MJ2 Ninja Beige TKL (Brown)|Novatouch

Offline TotalChaos

• Indy Game Coder
« Reply #657 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 19:44:53 »
@Dante

Could u please explain this mushiness of which you speak?

Is the spacebar harder to depress than the other keys?

Does the spacebar take longer to spring back into position after you release it?

Thanx
Rosewill RK-9000RE #1 (Broke on day 26, fixed with Scotch Tape on day 42, barely holding together)
Rosewill RK-9000RE #2 (Lubed, still in the box.  I am afraid to use it because it will break like the first one)

Offline alaricljs

• I be WOT'ing all day...
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #658 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 19:53:36 »
Based on the quantities I expect KB manufacturers to buy, Costar stabs are cheaper by way of having fewer parts and less material in them, both the metal and the plastic.

TC:  Cherry stabilizers have a built-in bottom out shock absorber.  There's a thread about removing this to make them feel more like Costar stabs which do not exhibit this trait.
Filco w/ Imsto thick PBT
Ducky 1087XM PCB+Plate, w/ Matias "Quiet Click" spring-swapped w/ XM Greens

Offline TotalChaos

• Indy Game Coder
« Reply #659 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 19:58:16 »
Based on your description I am now in love with Cherry Stabilizers!  :-*

Can Cherry stabilized keys be used with O-Rings?  EK Landfng Pads?

Offline TotalChaos

• Indy Game Coder
« Reply #660 on: Tue, 11 December 2012, 22:00:33 »
Fascinating.

I want crash protection on my shift keys since I always bottom them out.  I guess I hafta throw all my Rosewills in the trash now and start over from scratch.

Offline FuzzySlippers

« Reply #661 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 18:21:10 »
I got one of these and I'm having an odd problem. It came with a squeaky backspace key which I gently pulled off with the provided key puller to check if anything was rubbing, but it looked fine. However, I put the key back on and now my backspace, F9, F10, F11, and F12 keys don't work at all. Even pulling the backspace back off and pressing directly on the switch does nothing. Could I really have done so much damage just pulling the key off? 

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #662 on: Wed, 12 December 2012, 20:44:37 »
Possibly.  Those keys are all adjacent, perhaps a PCB fault was triggered, maybe a loose trace or similar.  That could explain why a bunch of keys in the same area have stopped working.

Try repluggnig the cable first, in case something weird is happening.  Also try rebooting (you'd be surprised how many odd problems this solves) and try the keyboard on a different computer if you can.

If all else fails and it is under warranty, maybe see about replacing it.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline FuzzySlippers

« Reply #663 on: Thu, 13 December 2012, 03:40:50 »
No luck trying on another computer or standard trouble shooting steps. I can't say I've ever seen a piece of hardware flame out so suddenly with such little cause. I like this keyboard so hopefully any replacement won't be as fragile.

Offline linuxid10t

« Reply #664 on: Thu, 13 December 2012, 05:25:33 »
I got one of these and I'm having an odd problem. It came with a squeaky backspace key which I gently pulled off with the provided key puller to check if anything was rubbing, but it looked fine. However, I put the key back on and now my backspace, F9, F10, F11, and F12 keys don't work at all. Even pulling the backspace back off and pressing directly on the switch does nothing. Could I really have done so much damage just pulling the key off?

Send it back for replacement!  Definitely sounds like something funky going on.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #665 on: Thu, 13 December 2012, 13:05:24 »
No luck trying on another computer or standard trouble shooting steps. I can't say I've ever seen a piece of hardware flame out so suddenly with such little cause. I like this keyboard so hopefully any replacement won't be as fragile.

It's certainly not a common problem.  There might have been a slight manufacturing defect, like a bad joint or a flaky trace, and removing/replacing a keycap might have moved the switch just enough to trigger the problem.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline AnxietY24

« Reply #666 on: Fri, 14 December 2012, 19:09:12 »
Got my QFR blues from newegg. No branding :)

Offline lrch

« Reply #667 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 06:53:33 »
So my buggy ALT-key QFR up and died on me on Friday. I saw "no keyboard detected" at bootup and when Windows loaded, the keyboard did not respond nor light up when toggle keys were pressed. Tried USB cables, different ports, computers, PS/2 adapters; it will shortly flash up when connected, but that's probably just the electrical circuit response to plugging it in.

It was not meant to be, I guess. *sadface*

Offline TotalChaos

• Indy Game Coder
« Reply #668 on: Sun, 16 December 2012, 15:53:15 »
When u switch to PS/2 u need to reboot.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #669 on: Mon, 17 December 2012, 01:04:09 »
So my buggy ALT-key QFR up and died on me on Friday. I saw "no keyboard detected" at bootup and when Windows loaded, the keyboard did not respond nor light up when toggle keys were pressed. Tried USB cables, different ports, computers, PS/2 adapters; it will shortly flash up when connected, but that's probably just the electrical circuit response to plugging it in.

My QFR (now having alt-issues) Also won't work on one of my computers. Also my brand new (and awesome) QFR in greens doesn't work on it either.  Is it recognized in device manager(windows) (or lsusb in linux) or system profiler (OSX 10.6 or earlier. Forgot what they changed the name to in lion)

I say send it in for warranty (if it still has one: If not, take it apart and post pictures!).

When u switch to PS/2 u need to reboot.

He said he's tried different computers, as well as USB cables. If it won't work on USB, it probably wont' work on PS2
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 December 2012, 01:06:36 by dorkvader »

Offline TotalChaos

• Indy Game Coder
« Reply #670 on: Mon, 17 December 2012, 11:58:25 »

My QFR (now having alt-issues) Also won't work on one of my computers. Also my brand new (and awesome) QFR in greens doesn't work on it either. 
ohnoz! :(  I thought they fixed all the ALT issues?

I just ordered a CM QFR.  I hafta have my ALT keys.  I don't want to waste a $200.00 investment.

When did u get ur QFR?  How long did it last?

Offline xDezor

« Reply #671 on: Tue, 18 December 2012, 21:13:36 »
What was the alt issue?

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #672 on: Tue, 18 December 2012, 21:32:03 »
Left Alt key stops registering.

I wouldnt mind knowing the exact cause, carter, if you are willing to shed some light.... since you did say costar figured out the issue & apologized. If not; need not reply.

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #673 on: Tue, 18 December 2012, 22:56:04 »

My QFR (now having alt-issues) Also won't work on one of my computers. Also my brand new (and awesome) QFR in greens doesn't work on it either. 
ohnoz! :(  I thought they fixed all the ALT issues?

I just ordered a CM QFR.  I hafta have my ALT keys.  I don't want to waste a $200.00 investment.

When did u get ur QFR?  How long did it last?

My QFR is one of the first: I got it over a year ago. I am sure they have fixed the issue since then.

Since I've taken it apart a few times, and it was purchased from PChome (Taiwan), and the keycaps have been sold, I'm sure it's not under warranty anymore. That's okay, I still use the keyboard, and I still like it. I'm interested to know what causes it so I can repair mine. I'll check the PCB first.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #674 on: Tue, 18 December 2012, 23:55:24 »
I might have seen Cater mention it in a thread somewhere - can't find it right now though.

Offline dorkvader

« Reply #675 on: Wed, 19 December 2012, 00:21:01 »
I might have seen Cater mention it in a thread somewhere - can't find it right now though.
All I remember was this:
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=35226.msg681870#msg681870
To those having issues with left Alt, I really am not sure whats going on. I went and picked up 3 boards from RMA today that had the reported "left Alt" issue, and I all of them worked on my work laptop (Windows 7 64)

All red switch

Not sure what to say to be honest. Could be cord issues *Kinked* or somehow a controller/driver conflict

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #676 on: Wed, 19 December 2012, 02:47:20 »
Has that problem been reported as a cable issue? hard to imagine a single switch failing because of a cord.

#'s with that same problem are disturbingly high.

No it is not a cord issue.

The numbers seem high only because it affected one shipment batch (1/10 boards in one shipment we received), so its not necessarily high overall, just very concentrated during a short run.

We will be happy to replace it and I do apologize for any inconvenience..

Costar has identified the issue, apologized a million times and we changed a few SOPs for QC. Rest assured this will not happen again.

Found it!  It was this post I was thinking of, but the one dorkvader found is relevant too.

So it really does sound like a one-off problem that has been identified and resolved, and hopefully the erroneous batch has been completely recalled.  If not, sounds like CM is more than happy to swap them over.

Offline linuxid10t

« Reply #677 on: Tue, 25 December 2012, 12:05:25 »
Just got mine for Christmas (with Cherry MX Black.)  I have branding on mine.  I don't care though, it isn't very intrusive due to the color scheme.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #678 on: Tue, 25 December 2012, 15:06:07 »
Just got mine for Christmas (with Cherry MX Black.)  I have branding on mine.  I don't care though, it isn't very intrusive due to the color scheme.

Nice Christmas gift :)

True.  Really, apart from the keycaps, the branding is not much worse than other keyboards that have a badge or similar above the numpad (where applicable).

Offline Vintage

« Reply #679 on: Tue, 25 December 2012, 17:15:20 »
I just got an unbranded QFR w/ Reds a few days ago and I have no left-ALT issues as of yet. Hopefully it doesn't crap out anytime soon.
CM QFR w/ MX Reds  | Logitech G900

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #680 on: Tue, 25 December 2012, 19:32:18 »
The left Alt issue affected one batch or so of keyboards, and the cause has already been identified and corrected.

Offline ClackHead

« Reply #681 on: Fri, 28 December 2012, 10:57:15 »
I don't think what I am about to say is worth making a thread over so I'm just going to say it here.

I have been using a Filco Majestouch Tactilce (Cherry MX Blue) gen 1 for more than two years.

I was at a local computer store during boxing day and scored a CM QuikFire Rapid (Cherry MX Blue) for 40$. I payed my filco 4 times that amount without shipping for my Filco.

The CM keyboard came with extra caps and cap puller. The case has a nice rubberised finished and the caps are much thicker, stronger and nicer sounding when bottoming out. The caps also have a much nicer finish than my Filco.

The caps my Filco came with are utter ****.

The detachable cable on my CM board is awesome and the board has channels for routing the cable under it. Love it.

Ya so its a little flashy looking but for the money, nothing beats this. Well Done Cooler Master.

Filco Majestouch TKL MXBlue

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #682 on: Fri, 28 December 2012, 11:15:18 »
Wow...nice score.  Just to help make your post more OT, did yours have the full branding?
Russ

Offline ClackHead

« Reply #683 on: Fri, 28 December 2012, 11:33:18 »
yep full branding.

Filco Majestouch TKL MXBlue

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #684 on: Fri, 28 December 2012, 17:50:19 »
Very nice price - makes you wonder how CM can sell such a great keyboard for so little cost (says another happy QFR owner, although mine was a tad more expensive, not surprising for Australia).

Offline lowkey

« Reply #685 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 12:43:24 »
You guys could always just wet sand your case like I did.

Offline Dany

« Reply #686 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 13:02:13 »
I received my QFR 2 month ago and it is unbranded, but I took it directly from CoolerMaster  :)
Mine was produced on July 2012 (date is printed inside the case)
CM QuickFire Rapid with Black - 40A-R O-ring

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #687 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 13:33:45 »
You guys could always just wet sand your case like I did.

Got any more pictures of it? I'm considering doing it to my QFR if I can't bother finding paint for it.

Offline sammsorensen

« Reply #688 on: Sun, 30 December 2012, 21:03:53 »
Very nice.. I cannot stand to look at the branding on the CM's.
Filco MJ2 TKL brown

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #689 on: Mon, 31 December 2012, 01:57:00 »
Awww come on, it's not that bad once you change the keycaps over.

Offline Patrick2810

« Reply #690 on: Mon, 31 December 2012, 04:14:24 »

Where can I get this keyboard in the UK which BLUE switches?

Thanks!

Offline Patrick2810

« Reply #691 on: Mon, 31 December 2012, 04:19:09 »
Also - Does the RED SWITCHES version of the CM Storm Quickfire Rapid come unbranded? (like the browns & blues)
Thanks!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #692 on: Mon, 31 December 2012, 05:01:07 »
I was going to suggest: http://www.coolermaster.co.uk/ but Chrome is currently blocking my access to it claiming that the site contains malware.

There is: https://www.facebook.com/CoolerMasterUK

And even: https://twitter.com/CoolerMasterUK

Offline file_id

« Reply #693 on: Mon, 31 December 2012, 06:52:29 »
The Red Switch version of the keyboard is unbranded. The logo on the top side of the board though has a red logo instead of the grey logo on the blue and brown versions of the keyboard.
DS3 White YOTS (Blue)|Poker 2 (Blue,Clear)|QFR Rapid-i TKL (Brown,Blue)|QFR Rapid TKL (Blue,Red,Brown)|KBP V60 (Blue,Clear,Matias Click)|Code TKL Clear|Filco MJ2 TKL (Blue)|Filco MJ2 Ninja Beige TKL (Brown)|Novatouch

Offline ih8

« Reply #694 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 22:48:13 »
was there ever an update on the separately sold cases?

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #695 on: Tue, 01 January 2013, 22:57:00 »
CM now has a subforum in the vendor section. I asked that question and Carter is seeing if he can get them available but still hasn't gotten back to us yet.

Offline Sidiun

« Reply #696 on: Thu, 24 January 2013, 05:00:49 »
Today I received a Quickfire Rapid (Brown switches) from Scan. It's completely unbranded; I'm pretty happy.
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 January 2013, 05:06:58 by Sidiun »

Offline TreyRust

« Reply #697 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 16:22:58 »
Just got my rapid blue from newegg, also unbranded.

The picture on the box is unbranded as well.

Typing on it now, my first cherry board, loving it so far!
Zenith ZKB-2, Vintage Green Alps
IBM Model M, Grey label
Quickfire Rapid, Cherry Blues, unbranded

Offline keymaster

• Topre Revolution Theorist
« Reply #698 on: Thu, 31 January 2013, 23:38:13 »
Does anyone know when they're planning to release the rest of the switches in a black case (blues, browns)?

Offline Flurry

« Reply #699 on: Mon, 25 February 2013, 19:58:01 »
I bought mine, a CM QuickFire Rapid ISO Layout (Spanish) on January 7, 2013 and it too came without any of that cheesy labeling. Not in the soft-touch are, not even on the removable Windows keycaps.
This is one truly nice, ELEGANT and affordable high-quality mechanical keyboard. Probably the best bang for the buck out there that doesn't skimps on inherent quality features. This thing weights exactly 3.7 lbs out of the box and its a 10-keyless design.