Author Topic: [GB]Commodore 64C SA Set(Open for Orders)  (Read 13465 times)

Offline The feel is of the keys!

• Click
Re: [GB]Commodore 64C SA Set(Open for Orders)
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 11:29:09 »
Yeah, DSA is nice, but I think the SA caps from SP are thicker right?. I can't stand thin caps.

SA is thicker. The VIM SA key I have has a little over 1mm thick walls, where as the DSA Dolch Esc I have has exactly 1mm thick walls. The double shot portion of the SA is also almost an entire key in of itself.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 24 June 2014, 20:19:23 »
Yeah, DSA is nice, but I think the SA caps from SP are thicker right?. I can't stand thin caps.

SA is thicker. The VIM SA key I have has a little over 1mm thick walls, where as the DSA Dolch Esc I have has exactly 1mm thick walls. The double shot portion of the SA is also almost an entire key in of itself.

Your right, I have some of the SP produced SA profile set from previous Group Buys and definitely much more thicker than the other DCS and DSA profiles.

You get more plastic in an SA profile key-cap than with any other one currently produced  :thumb: .

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 17:51:09 »
Are you keeping up with the Commodore? Because the Commodore is keeping up with you <salute>

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 17:53:24 »
Are you keeping up with the Commodore? Because the Commodore is keeping up with you <salute>

That is fantastic :))
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline snoopy

• The Flying Ace
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Gone with the Wind
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 18:13:30 »
Just saw this thread... I would buy a set. But it wont happen? Only on phone right now... So didnt read through everything

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 18:23:08 »
Just saw this thread... I would buy a set. But it wont happen? Only on phone right now... So didnt read through everything

Looks like 14 more orders are needed for this set to go into production. There's about a day and a half left, so it could happen.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 30 June 2014, 19:57:40 »
Looks like 14 more orders are needed for this set to go into production. There's about a day and a half left, so it could happen.

Mashby I wish you could spread that enthusiasm around so that more could buy into this brilliant little piece of Retro.

Maybe it's just me because I still think beige rules in the world of key-caps, especially the SA profile which screams out at you to use them when installed into any keyboard.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #57 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 08:44:50 »
The idea is very cool, but it appears that SA profile generates extreme feelings. If this GB does not reach its MOQ, it may worth to explore other caps profiles. I think also that the fonts, while close to the original, are not that aesthetic for a modern keyboard.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 21:14:08 »
It's sad to see an old man wipe away his tears when it comes to a failed tipping point here on PMK.  It's a pity that the first truly retro key-set from the C64 era being ignored for bright colours and fancy icons in other Key-sets.

Damn shame........  ::)

Offline User Was Banned

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 02 July 2014, 21:25:32 »
I really wish I could justify this set, but I've never even tried SA and I already have two nice keycap sets sitting in a drawer unused.

It looks beautiful, and I'm sad to see it fail.

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 03:55:58 »
I might have ordered this set if I wasn't already commited to Ivan's GMK Dolch and Pitch Black PBT GB's and recently purchased two other SP sets... my wallet can only stretch so far. I would love to try SA profile.

Maybe the OP should retry this GB at a later date, with 2 colourway options, one for classic original and one for 64C colours. Still in full SA profile. Need to build some hype for it somehow, too, before starting the GB. I think it has a LOT of potential.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 08:43:46 »
It's sad to see an old man wipe away his tears when it comes to a failed tipping point here on PMK.  It's a pity that the first truly retro key-set from the C64 era being ignored for bright colours and fancy icons in other Key-sets.

Damn shame........  ::)

But those fancy icons are very cool.  ;)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 20:55:45 »
But those fancy icons are very cool.  ;)

They are NOW but back then, all you got on every keyboard produced was plain TEXT.  Hence if you are going to re-create the original layout of the keyboard then you try and imitate the whole thing.

Of course the feel/look of the key-set must fit the latest keyboards hence there isn't much you can do to change that today.

Offline User Was Banned

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 03 July 2014, 21:00:48 »
I wish SP could side print the caps to look like the original though.