Author Topic: [IC] DANGER ZONE - A Key Set for Aviators and Their Wingmen  (Read 99872 times)

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
[IC] DANGER ZONE - A Key Set for Aviators and Their Wingmen
« Reply #400 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 14:28:59 »
@Data where are the arrows in the ortho kit?

There are Arrow, Alt Function, and Space kits on the way.  They were submitted late so we're waiting for approval and pricing.  Keep an eye on the Drop Description.

Probably gonna need to get the drop extended.  I'm not ready to purchase until everything is out there.  This really seemed like a mess to be honest.....
Same here, hopefully, all the necessary kits get added, then I will join too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 January 2019, 14:31:12 by William_S_Jones »

Offline mimalik

Re: [IC] DANGER ZONE - A Key Set for Aviators and Their Wingmen
« Reply #401 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 15:01:39 »

There are Arrow, Alt Function, and Space kits on the way.  They were submitted late so we're waiting for approval and pricing.  Keep an eye on the Drop Description.

A little bit messy keeps it intersting, not sure what may or may not makes it. But the good thing is changes have been in + direction so far.
Probably gonna need to get the drop extended.  I'm not ready to purchase until everything is out there.  This really seemed like a mess to be honest.....
Same here, hopefully, all the necessary kits get added, then I will join too.

Offline Data

« Reply #402 on: Fri, 25 January 2019, 07:24:01 »

It's out of my hands now.  An extension is unlikely, in my experience.  Wait at your own risk.  It is strange that the group buy period was shorter than some previous SA sets.  I think MD made commitments to SP that they didn't share with me.  The comparatively short production time is evidence of that.

They have a strange rule where only one primary keyset drop is running at a time. Given that the next one is a food-themed red-colored GMK drop I see no harm in an overlap.

This was done for budgeting reasons.  People complained that there were too many key sets running too often and they couldn't afford to buy them that frequently.  Custom key caps are expensive.  So MD spaced them out more to give each one its best chance at maximum buyers.  /shrug
« Last Edit: Fri, 25 January 2019, 07:26:23 by Data »

Offline Hedgey

« Reply #403 on: Fri, 25 January 2019, 09:59:05 »

It's out of my hands now.  An extension is unlikely, in my experience.  Wait at your own risk.  It is strange that the group buy period was shorter than some previous SA sets.  I think MD made commitments to SP that they didn't share with me.  The comparatively short production time is evidence of that.

I feel like you got kind of screwed with this drop.  It should be a much bigger deal and yet it was almost "hushed" into Massdrop.  I hope you have success with it because I love this keyset so much.
"Resellers don't kill the community, auctioneers kill the community. Look at what happened to Diablo 3"

Offline megaforce

« Reply #404 on: Fri, 25 January 2019, 10:06:05 »
imagine having this be in ic for so long and have missing esstential keycaps

you hate to see it
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline laserbeamspewpew

« Reply #405 on: Fri, 25 January 2019, 10:17:43 »
If an extension is unlikely, perhaps MD will buy out all/most of the kits to resell in a Keycap Recap, like what they did with GMK Carbon.

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #406 on: Fri, 25 January 2019, 11:21:40 »
If an extension is unlikely, perhaps MD will buy out all/most of the kits to resell in a Keycap Recap, like what they did with GMK Carbon.

It's still highly concerning that there's a week left and they don't even have all the kits posted in the buy.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #407 on: Fri, 25 January 2019, 11:51:07 »

It's still highly concerning that there's a week left and they don't even have all the kits posted in the buy.
Yes, same reason. i’m waiting. i will wait til the last day, & if not their on the last day, I’ll just buy he alpha kits & make decision on a kit that works best with the JD40 or a similar 40% (not the planck kit, need more than 1u caps).

Offline Data

« Reply #408 on: Fri, 25 January 2019, 12:12:13 »

I feel like you got kind of screwed with this drop.  It should be a much bigger deal and yet it was almost "hushed" into Massdrop.  I hope you have success with it because I love this keyset so much.

Thanks.  I'm not completely blameless in all this.  We didn't run as thorough of an IC as we did in Round 1, despite having the time for it, and we should have.  That's on me.  Also some of the kit designs weren't finalized until late in the process and that made for a confusing start.  Some of that is my fault.

I don't feel like I'm being screwed though.  I don't really expect to get anything out of this.  That's not why I do it -- I just want to make cool keyboards.  So if anything it's the fans getting kind of screwed.  The price is a bit higher this time and that's definitely a factor.  But there's enough here to cover the most common keyboard layouts, so I think most people will be satisfied when the drop ends... and especially when caps get delivered sometime in July (I hope that date is real!).

Offline mimalik

« Reply #409 on: Fri, 25 January 2019, 12:33:11 »

Thanks.  I'm not completely blameless in all this.  We didn't run as thorough of an IC as we did in Round 1, despite having the time for it, and we should have.  That's on me.  Also some of the kit designs weren't finalized until late in the process and that made for a confusing start.  Some of that is my fault.

I don't feel like I'm being screwed though.  I don't really expect to get anything out of this.  That's not why I do it -- I just want to make cool keyboards.  So if anything it's the fans getting kind of screwed.  The price is a bit higher this time and that's definitely a factor.  But there's enough here to cover the most common keyboard layouts, so I think most people will be satisfied when the drop ends... and especially when caps get delivered sometime in July (I hope that date is real!).

Honestly I am glad that it has been dropped again after a long wait. Cant believe that this round got shafted by copyrights law, but thats another discussion. Folks worried about late arrival of kits, does it matters as long as they are available before drop ends?  Love the fact that keys will be delivered around 6 months than typical 1 year wait for SP.

Offline dsaf

« Reply #410 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 13:21:15 »
Kits updated - time to go all in!

Offline pcire

« Reply #411 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 13:23:57 »
Kits updated - time to go all in!

Show Image

That's what I wanted to hear, but not what my wallet wanted to hear.

Offline bwolmarans

• hello to you
« Reply #412 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 15:28:41 »
~it's time to fly~

Offline richfiles

« Reply #413 on: Thu, 26 December 2019, 17:29:34 »
Oh, lookin' sharp!  :D
I love how Danger Zone looks with profiled keys. I wanted to buy in, but the wallet said nope! Oh well.
I still got my first gen R3 Danger Zone set, so I'm quite happy.
"75% + 1" Keyboard with "Danger Zone" keycaps and magnetically detachable Number Pad. Dyed Gateron Blue switches with amber sub lighting. Blue anodized plate and wood trim. (Firmware in Progress)
Bluetooth Apple //c keyboard with Alps SKCM Amber Switches. (Build in Progress)