Author Topic: PS2 port issues  (Read 1246 times)

Offline lildrummerboa2

PS2 port issues
« on: Sat, 06 October 2018, 20:49:45 »
So basically i found some crappy rubberdome keyboard that had a PS2 port and i wanted to try and use on my HP laptop for curiosity. I bought a converter for it which seems to be marketed as one of the best on amazon and works well when first plugged in, but, after a while my computer seems to not read my mouse which makes no sense because its my keyboard that is converted to USB? Basically its like when you hover over the minimizing or exit on the top right corner of a tab, my mouse wont highlight it even when its hovering over it which consequently doesn't allow me to click anything? Again my mouse isn't defective and i've only noticed this problem when i plug in my PS2 port type keyboard? Any idea what the problem could be? More details would be that it also doesn't allow me to click on other things even after hitting CTRL ALT DEL. Only solutions is to turn on and off laptop, or just unplugging the keyboard. Really annoying because i would like to use PS2 type keyboards in the future but seems that i'm having issues with them.