Author Topic: $49 Mechanical Walmart brand keyboard!  (Read 4911 times)

Offline typo

$49 Mechanical Walmart brand keyboard!
« on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 11:10:55 »
For what it is worth was in Walmart earlier. Saw they have a board under their "Black Web" brand that "appears" to be using MX Blues. If they are indeed Cherry, ordinarily the switches alone would cost more than this board lol. Obviously it is a piece of junk but the fact they can even sell it for $49 and probably reap a huge profit on each one is rather impressive in and of itself. I imagine if you are just some broke 8 year old...Oh whatever. I simply found it interesting but of course have no interest in this board. I figured I would let you guy's know for the heck of it :)

Offline HouseofSuffering

Re: $49 Mechanical Walmart brand keyboard!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 11:22:35 »
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blackweb-by-Walmart-Gaming-Mechanical-Keyboard/261190209

Interesting...I didn't know Walmart had their own brand....

They seem to be Otemu Blues, from the reviews.

Offline nogoodnames444

• I like keyboards
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 17:29:08 »
That is really weird

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 17:45:14 »
Reading from the reviews it uses Outemu blue switches with a box design.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 18:08:24 »
"blackweb"

At least steal the name from a good keyboard.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline typo

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 02:34:52 »
I knew that couldn't be MX. They stole the name? They have an entire line of this junk.

Offline Coreda

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 05:53:07 »
"blackweb"

At least steal the name from a good keyboard.

Should have called it 'Darkweb' for extra 1337 haxor power.

Offline rich1051414

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 12:09:41 »
"Walmart Gaming"
I have seen it all now.
Siig Minitouch with Orange Alps, Whitefox 60% Zealios 67g, Realforce 87U 55g Topre, LFK SMK/Alps TKL With SMK 2nd Gen Cherry MX mount switches, NEC APC-H412 NEC Blue Ovals, Unicomp Model-M Spacesaver, XMIT Hall Effect, WASD Code Cherry MX Clear, KBDFans75 Lubed Gateron Greens, Azio MGK L80 Kailh Brown, XD84 Pale Blue Box Kailh, NIB Pingmaster TMK Converted, KPrepublic XD96 Blue aluminum case with Jade Box Kailh

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 12:16:49 »
Hmm... A domestic store chain over here has had $50-$60 keyboards for some time with Outemu Blue switches and this very small spacing between numeric row and function keys. However, the styling is weirder with a high border around the exposed plate. I see no indicator LED for Windows Lock (although the function it does exist) and the backlight is blue. A TKL variant exists with locking leds in-between the nav and arrow clusters.
The brand name is "Arrogant Bastard" and their logo looks a lot like Razer's (...  :rolleyes: ) but I think that is just what the store chain must have chosen to brand it.

Edit: I think these are branded as "Gofreetech" elsewhere.
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 July 2018, 12:59:14 by Findecanor »

Offline Sgt_4Leaf

• Formerly Row009 and StarCraftII
  • I have hands
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 16:18:05 »
What is all the fuss about?
You can get the same type of keyboards for $30~ on Amazon, eBay, Aliexpress (and other Chinese websites...) SHIPPED.
It has an ugly static "Rainbow" lighting array... Which is the stupidest thing EVER!
You can buy a 60% keyboard named Ajazz AK33 with real full RGB lighting (assuming you're into that), an aluminum plate with "floating" acceptable switches for $35.
Heck, you can probably get the same exact design from the same OEM for around $40 if you wreck Aliexpress... With a different branding of course, such as "DragonCrap", "Fire Gaming", "拉屎" and so on...

Offline rich1051414

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 19:18:46 »
The keyboard probably has Outemu Blue box Switches, and there are far worse than those. So at least there is that.

I assume they use those since they are about the cheapest switch you can buy. Luckily, they aren't the worst.
Siig Minitouch with Orange Alps, Whitefox 60% Zealios 67g, Realforce 87U 55g Topre, LFK SMK/Alps TKL With SMK 2nd Gen Cherry MX mount switches, NEC APC-H412 NEC Blue Ovals, Unicomp Model-M Spacesaver, XMIT Hall Effect, WASD Code Cherry MX Clear, KBDFans75 Lubed Gateron Greens, Azio MGK L80 Kailh Brown, XD84 Pale Blue Box Kailh, NIB Pingmaster TMK Converted, KPrepublic XD96 Blue aluminum case with Jade Box Kailh

Offline bondonin

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 23:29:27 »
What is all the fuss about?
You can get the same type of keyboards for $30~ on Amazon, eBay, Aliexpress (and other Chinese websites...) SHIPPED.
It has an ugly static "Rainbow" lighting array... Which is the stupidest thing EVER!
You can buy a 60% keyboard named Ajazz AK33 with real full RGB lighting (assuming you're into that), an aluminum plate with "floating" acceptable switches for $35.
Heck, you can probably get the same exact design from the same OEM for around $40 if you wreck Aliexpress... With a different branding of course, such as "DragonCrap", "Fire Gaming", "拉屎" and so on...

Its in Walmart so he doesn't have to buy it online and he can return it for warranty whereas there is practically no warranty for keyboards shipped from China.

Offline rich1051414

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 11 July 2018, 23:56:43 »
When most places would say 'no', walmart will at least give you store credit xD