Author Topic: Oh nos...  (Read 13487 times)

Offline rich1051414

Oh nos...
« on: Sat, 23 December 2017, 18:51:03 »
Yesterday, I was chowing down on some ramen and got distracted, so I set it on my desk, and it immediately tipped over, right into my mouse. I immediately turned it off, disassembled it, and ultrasonically cleaned it, but alas, the salty ramen liquid was too much and it will no longer work right. All kinds of weird issues, like constantly scrolling down.

So it is time for a new mouse, the G900 has served me well, I went through 2 micro-switches on it. This time, however, I want to try something different. My last 4 mice have been Logitech, so I want to see what other brands have to offer. Right now it seems the deathadder elite is the top recommended mouse... but it is razor... I am going to assume they just lined some peoples pockets for that.

Any recommendations? I claw grip when gaming, but I palm it when browsing, so I guess I have a hybrid grip. I like a loose and smooth scroll wheel that can be flicked(I know only Logitech as the switch to make the wheel totally free, I can get over that). I don't need ridiculous DPI but I can use dpi's up to 8k. The sensor has to be resilient to high speeds and not glitch. I think that is all.
Siig Minitouch with Orange Alps, Whitefox 60% Zealios 67g, Realforce 87U 55g Topre, LFK SMK/Alps TKL With SMK 2nd Gen Cherry MX mount switches, NEC APC-H412 NEC Blue Ovals, Unicomp Model-M Spacesaver, XMIT Hall Effect, WASD Code Cherry MX Clear, KBDFans75 Lubed Gateron Greens, Azio MGK L80 Kailh Brown, XD84 Pale Blue Box Kailh, NIB Pingmaster TMK Converted, KPrepublic XD96 Blue aluminum case with Jade Box Kailh

Offline rich1051414

Re: Oh nos...
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 24 December 2017, 17:12:04 »

pretty sure logitech will replace it.. if you lie to them..
I have had it apart, and I broke like 3 warranty seals doing that. Plus it is passed its warranty anyway, this is one of the first gen G900's, not one of the newer models. I am not going to lie to get my money back or a replacement, the mouse served me well and logitech deserves the money for it.
Siig Minitouch with Orange Alps, Whitefox 60% Zealios 67g, Realforce 87U 55g Topre, LFK SMK/Alps TKL With SMK 2nd Gen Cherry MX mount switches, NEC APC-H412 NEC Blue Ovals, Unicomp Model-M Spacesaver, XMIT Hall Effect, WASD Code Cherry MX Clear, KBDFans75 Lubed Gateron Greens, Azio MGK L80 Kailh Brown, XD84 Pale Blue Box Kailh, NIB Pingmaster TMK Converted, KPrepublic XD96 Blue aluminum case with Jade Box Kailh

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 24 December 2017, 19:09:17 »
IF THAT MOUSE BROKE THEN IT IS NOTHING BUT A PIECE OF CRAP. YOU NEED TO THROW IT AWAY AND GET A MICROSOFT MOUSE. THE TWO BUTTON SERIAL MICE ARE THE BEST. DON'T GET AN APPLE MOUSE. THEY ARE STUPID AND ONLY HAVE ONE BUTTON.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline rich1051414

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 24 December 2017, 22:03:03 »
Sorry, but I can't read that. Bigger font please.

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 25 December 2017, 07:44:22 »
The zowie ec/fc series are very good from what I hear,

If you go the ec series route, get the ec1/2-b, it has an updated sensor, the 1 version of these mice is the larger version and the 2 is the smaller.

Look through this list: http://www.rocketjumpninja.com/top-40/

This guy has reviewed a ton of mice and is very trustworthy in my opinion on mice.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 25 December 2017, 10:29:37 »
The zowie ec/fc series are very good from what I hear,

If you go the ec series route, get the ec1/2-b, it has an updated sensor, the 1 version of these mice is the larger version and the 2 is the smaller.

Look through this list: http://www.rocketjumpninja.com/top-40/

This guy has reviewed a ton of mice and is very trustworthy in my opinion on mice.

I would still say g100s still being the current lightest mouse is the best mouse for gaming..

the whole 1000hz, xxxx DPI, etc,  it's doesn't really solve the critical problem of long duration play..

Every pro gamer has wrist problems,  well that's the BIGGEST problem..

-- other than the fact that they eat doritos and drink mountain-dew..-- that is.. hahahahaha

Offline atarione

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 11:07:18 »
I own the Zowie ZA11... it is ok~ but the scroll wheel is a bit **** really stiff.  I don't think claw grip would work w/ the ZA11 (but it is the big one they have 2 smaller sized ZA's also.)

I liked my Steelseries Sensei much more

Offline rich1051414

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 15:35:28 »
Thanks for the info guys, lots of mice to choose from now.

Offline daskeybo

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 16:46:48 »
Sorry, but I can't read that. Bigger font please.

36pt IS the biggest forum font.

Offline rich1051414

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 06:26:54 »
I ended up giving a Steelseries rival a go. The mouse wheel scroll wheel is EXACTLY the kind of feel I was looking for. It's a bit heavy, but I like heavy mice. The optical sensor is modular and can be replaced. Liking it so far, we will see how it holds up.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 09:55:46 »
g403 (wireless). best evah. so far. until the next best thing comes along.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 20:05:13 »
Based on experience and reviews, I stand by the idea that if you want wireless, Logitech is pretty much the only option.

I find it annoying that even still, others almost always have something wrong, either terrible quality, short lifespan, poor connection or simply lag. That isn't to say others are terrible, but they always just miss the mark somehow.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 09 January 2018, 23:00:47 »
Based on experience and reviews, I stand by the idea that if you want wireless, Logitech is pretty much the only option.

I find it annoying that even still, others almost always have something wrong, either terrible quality, short lifespan, poor connection or simply lag. That isn't to say others are terrible, but they always just miss the mark somehow.

if it aint wired don't trust it!

Offline Red October

« Reply #14 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 16:39:09 »

if it aint wired don't trust it!

I second this notion.  Wireless mice/trackballs are for using across the living room on a home theatre PC, or for giving a presentation or speech.  For general use, especially gaming of any sort, the benefits are too small to realize.  This goes double for wireless keyboards, something that never moves from its spot doesn't need to gobble up batteries. 

IF THAT MOUSE BROKE THEN IT IS NOTHING BUT A PIECE OF CRAP. YOU NEED TO THROW IT AWAY AND GET A MICROSOFT MOUSE. THE TWO BUTTON SERIAL MICE ARE THE BEST. DON'T GET AN APPLE MOUSE. THEY ARE STUPID AND ONLY HAVE ONE BUTTON.

Actually I have an old, 25-pin "Brown-Eyes Mouse" and it's really nice!

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 16:42:33 »
Razer may make crap keyboards, but their mice are solid, I love my Deathadder.

Offline aya3154

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 01 June 2018, 23:59:18 »

Username checks out . Though my eyes may have checked themselves out after that  :eek:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #17 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 09:43:46 »

Username checks out . Though my eyes may have checked themselves out after that  :eek:

Ergopwn 9000 Best Mouse !!

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=83697.0