Author Topic: Bonjour from Montreal  (Read 2121 times)

Offline random_rockets

Bonjour from Montreal
« on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 09:52:02 »
Hey there, another french-canadian joining the ranks here.

I've been using mechs many years before when I got a das keyboard as a (self) present many years ago, but only found out about all the GH community when I was looking into custom keycaps for my sister's rosewill RK9000. Now my wallet is empty as I already have 4 sets haha  :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Bonjour from Montreal
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 02:29:17 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Lots of Canadians joining recently ;)

Have you still got your DAS?  Any plans to get another keyboard?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Altis

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 22:31:26 »
Greetings from Ottawa! Was just in Montreal this weekend.
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline random_rockets

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 23:18:06 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

DAS has been the victiim to the greatest preventable tragedy possible - soda spill.

I have since gotten an RK-9000 browns (donated to my sister when she got into programming) and currently rocking a KBP v60 clears with tai-ho miami doubleshot (missed the GB for the SP ones :(). Have to be honest though, I like blues over clears.
Gonna mod the clears into ergo-clears this weekend or next weekend and have a chance to fix my unseated stabilizer.

Greetings from Ottawa! Was just in Montreal this weekend.

Haha greetings! I will probably back to Ottawa for the tulips, as of every year. I missed out on skating on the Rideau since I hurt my knee ;(
« Last Edit: Mon, 16 March 2015, 23:19:51 by random_rockets »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 05:20:02 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

DAS has been the victiim to the greatest preventable tragedy possible - soda spill.

I have since gotten an RK-9000 browns (donated to my sister when she got into programming) and currently rocking a KBP v60 clears with tai-ho miami doubleshot (missed the GB for the SP ones :(). Have to be honest though, I like blues over clears.
Gonna mod the clears into ergo-clears this weekend or next weekend and have a chance to fix my unseated stabilizer.

If you're up for swapping switches around, you should be able to replace any faulty switches in the DAS, if you still have it, that is.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline random_rockets

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 22:30:22 »
I put it in storage but I fear I may have lost it when I moved to my new apt ;( I miss my blues though can't wait go get the gateron blues from the GB to put into a custom 60%

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 23 March 2015, 05:03:21 »
I put it in storage but I fear I may have lost it when I moved to my new apt ;( I miss my blues though can't wait go get the gateron blues from the GB to put into a custom 60%

It might turn up one day.  It's surprising what some people have found hidden away, or even in plain sight!

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 23 March 2015, 08:23:05 »