Author Topic: Less Topre clack sales once we get topre with cherry mx stem?  (Read 2150 times)

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
Less Topre clack sales once we get topre with cherry mx stem?
« on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 15:52:03 »
Do you guys think topre clacks sales will be a little less common once CM comes out with their Topre cherry mx stem? I think so personally.

I'm guessing the Cm board /Switch will be very popular. If we can transfer it to a HHKB it will be even more popular in sales i believe and we will see even less topre clack sales and it will be more of a cherry mx stem. 

We will still see some but i'm guessing not as much as we see now.

What do you guys think

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
Re: Less Topre clack sales once we get topre with cherry mx stem?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 15:56:29 »
I think Topre CC prices would get higher. A collectors perfect clack, the Topre stem. Since I collect both stem types, Topre versions of caps arent as tall so I personally like the feel and look of them better then MX versions. But I am excited to see if I can use MX caps on my Topre board. (eventually boards)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 16:14:07 »
No, because many of us have Topre boards with Topre stems and still want Clacks.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tbc

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 16:56:42 »
I thought the hhkb case was the switch housing?
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 16:58:58 »
I thought the hhkb case was the switch housing?

my friend you've responded to the wrong thread
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 17:03:25 »
no, i think he's talking about modding the hhkb to use the CM sliders.
as long as the CM sliders' only difference is inside the barrel then you should be able to put them in a hhkb. it's just a pain in the butt to change them all out but not as bad as modding cherry MX.
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 17:24:18 »
As to the OP I doubt it because once we have MX/topre stems there will still be those who swear by the original topre only.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 17:25:33 »
I've always had the feeling that there's more Topre CC on the market/in the hands of folks who sell and trade, then there are MX clacks. I don't see any reason why CC would change the amount he makes for each sale when each are guaranteed to sell out immediately regardless.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Sun, 15 December 2013, 17:52:07 »
I've always had the feeling that there's more Topre CC on the market/in the hands of folks who sell and trade, then there are MX clacks. I don't see any reason why CC would change the amount he makes for each sale when each are guaranteed to sell out immediately regardless.

Plus we are just likely to see more WTT threads.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tuananh_bkk

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 19:56:38 »

my thought exactly! seems like people would goes for any topre contest/lucky draw just to get it and then use it to trade with MX CC later.

Offline terran5992

• One With The Cup Rubber
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 19 December 2013, 22:23:10 »

my thought exactly! seems like people would goes for any topre contest/lucky draw just to get it and then use it to trade with MX CC later.

Exactly

Listokei Custom  |  HHKB Pro 2  |  Topre Realforce 103UBH  |  Armageddon MKA-3

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 20 December 2013, 00:15:36 »

This is sad, but probably true, looking at the number of WTT threads.

Me, I have MX, Topre and even BS boards, so I can totally justify entering a sale for any sort of CC.  Except Alps.  I have no Alps boards, and thus am unlikely to enter a drawing for Alps CC, should any more be made.