Author Topic: Tapatalk Push Notifications  (Read 27778 times)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Re: Tapatalk Push Notifications
« Reply #50 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 08:00:32 »
I've updated the Tapatalk plugin to the latest version.
Appreciate the update but now my notifications aren't working at all on Android.

Same for me. I've got nothing now.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline raymogi

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 08:04:08 »
It's fine on iOS now though. Weird...
Please feed my addiction.

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 08:24:59 »
Yeah, no updates at all on Android. A few days ago they were hours behind, then it was just nothing at all.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 08:26:16 »
Mine still come through on Android as of a few hours ago.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 11:21:13 »
It's working well for me in android as well.

Anyone having trouble should make sure you're running the latest Tapatalk client, by searching for it on the Play Store and comparing the name and version with your installed version. I've had to manually remove and reinstall the Tapatalk client at least twice, because they keep "reimagining" the app. Basically, they just abandon their previous Play store app, and create a new one, also named Tapatalk. There's no in-app notification of this in obsolete clients, so the only way you'd know is if you happened to get an email from them, or you manually search. It's extremely annoying to say the least.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 11:24:40 »
It's working well for me in android as well.

Anyone having trouble should make sure you're running the latest Tapatalk client, by searching for it on the Play Store and comparing the name and version with your installed version. I've had to manually remove and reinstall the Tapatalk client at least twice, because they keep "reimagining" the app. Basically, they just abandon their previous Play store app, and create a new one, also named Tapatalk. There's no in-app notification of this in obsolete clients, so the only way you'd know is if you happened to get an email from them, or you manually search. It's extremely annoying to say the least.

The last time I let tapatalk upgrade itself it was awful, nothing worked right and everything was changed so I rolled back to the last stable version. I'm currently using version 4.9.5

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 12:10:10 »

The last time I let tapatalk upgrade itself it was awful, nothing worked right and everything was changed so I rolled back to the last stable version. I'm currently using version 4.9.5

The version I'm running is 5.3.6. It seems stable, and the notifications are working well. After the GH update to the latest plugin, I'm even getting notified of new posts in my subscribed forums. I don't think that feature was ever working for me in the past.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 12:15:19 »

The version I'm running is 5.3.6. It seems stable, and the notifications are working well. After the GH update to the latest plugin, I'm even getting notified of new posts in my subscribed forums. I don't think that feature was ever working for me in the past.

I guess I could give the new version a try it seems like they've tried to fix some things lately looking at recent feedback.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 12:33:09 »

I guess I could give the new version a try it seems like they've tried to fix some things lately looking at recent feedback.

A lot has been fixed, but the notifications still aren't perfectly synced like before. Most of them show up, but a bit delayed.

Offline Belfong

Tapatalk Push Notifications
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 18:55:57 »
The new Tapatalk is back to its old roots. They finally listened to their customers. I’d recommend giving out a go, Spam.

@rknize, thank you for the plug in update!
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 December 2015, 18:59:07 by Belfong »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 20:33:49 »
The new Tapatalk is back to its old roots. They finally listened to their customers. I’d recommend giving out a go, Spam.

@rknize, thank you for the plug in update!
Well I updated.....I'm not convinced it feels so bloated and wastes so much space. I just don't like change. :eek:

Offline Belfong

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 20:37:21 »
ha ha ha .. well, it is the lesser of two evil. On iOS, it defaults to the system font, which is the new beautiful San Francisco font used in iOS 9. I can't complain when they are truly going towards the right direction, so I will bear with it. I still have the old Pro app, but that now looked seriously dated on a modern phone and iOS.

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 22:21:07 »
I made a tweak to the way notifications are pushed.  They are less fancy but may work better with older versions of Tapatalk.  lmk.
Russ

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 07 December 2015, 22:27:04 »
I updated to the new version of tapatalk today hoping it would help, and it did not. Maybe this new fix will help with that too. We'll see!

Edit: someone just quoted a post of mine and I was notified via Tapatalk. Order has been restored! Thank you!
« Last Edit: Mon, 07 December 2015, 23:31:00 by inanis »
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #64 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 07:55:58 »
I'm back to 4.9.5 I couldn't handle the new version.

Notifications are hit or miss. Thanks for trying @rkinze.
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 December 2015, 09:32:50 by SpAmRaY »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #65 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 08:10:31 »
I made a tweak to the way notifications are pushed.  They are less fancy but may work better with older versions of Tapatalk.  lmk.

Do we have control over PM notifications? I always liked when it told me the Subject of the PM, in addition to the sender. It let me know if it was something mod related (and therefore more urgent) or personal. I always assumed that was a Tapatalk update that removed it, but maybe we could add it back? If others would be okay with it, of course.