Author Topic: [IC] Linjär switch - Mechanical Keyboards SWE (US Proxy confirmed, GB soon!)  (Read 20117 times)

Offline bball2

Okay I'm going to need a set of these ASAP for my Warriors themed Cod67  :thumb:

https://i.imgur.com/7JPGzBg.jpg

Offline RamenTechMech

Ahhh yes!! definitely going to buy some!! Gonna try to rock out an Ikea themed keyboard  :p

I hope NovelKeys is able to run this for us  :cool:

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
OP updated with recent status,

UPDATE: We heard back from gateron. Shipping prices were more than double compared to what we expected. 2000RMB, which translated to about 295USD - luckily we left room in the price per switch in our calculations to cover for this, so it won't change the price (even if it did, 295usd across 20k is about 0.0147~USD) - so price would be similar. We still aim for 0.35 per switch for the EU, I need to hear back from US proxy to calculate the price for the US market.

Gateron confirms that they can do our switch, and our Pantones. They offered to have samples to us by 29th of January if we could pay up front, and have the rest delivered right after the chinese new year. We can't front the money, so there won't be any samples. Gateron however says that it will be as smooth as Gateron yellows, which is comforting.

Our aim is to start the GB phase ASAP, we just need to confirm a US Proxy. I have reached out to Mike on Discord, but we have not heard back yet. I will keep you updated.

GB period will likely be from as soon as we confirm proxy, until the end of chinese new year (no reason to end it prior to this, since we won't get any progress during CNY anyway) - so it will be a couple of weeks for you to get your orders in - there will only be 1 run of this.

From the date of payment, Gateron says it takes about 15 days to manufacture the switches and have them sent out to us.

-- Price is calculated for the 20k MOQ, as we first strictly wanted to keep to 20k switches to make it more exclusive. Since we lifted the 20K limit, it means that any switch sold at higher than 20k will be a microscopical profit (we are talking few cents here), which depending on how many switches are sold, turns in to a few dollars. This means that there will be profit, but we can't predict against it. So, instead of the community going profit, we decided to leave this, however small, profit to the retailers mykeyboard.eu and US proxy for their support in this project. Our goal is still to stay strictly non-profit, and as a community, we feel this solution is still true to the non-profit spirit --

Offline _ODIN_

OP updated with recent status,

UPDATE: We heard back from gateron. Shipping prices were more than double compared to what we expected. 2000RMB, which translated to about 295USD - luckily we left room in the price per switch in our calculations to cover for this, so it won't change the price (even if it did, 295usd across 20k is about 0.0147~USD) - so price would be similar. We still aim for 0.35 per switch for the EU, I need to hear back from US proxy to calculate the price for the US market.

Gateron confirms that they can do our switch, and our Pantones. They offered to have samples to us by 29th of January if we could pay up front, and have the rest delivered right after the chinese new year. We can't front the money, so there won't be any samples. Gateron however says that it will be as smooth as Gateron yellows, which is comforting.

Our aim is to start the GB phase ASAP, we just need to confirm a US Proxy. I have reached out to Mike on Discord, but we have not heard back yet. I will keep you updated.

GB period will likely be from as soon as we confirm proxy, until the end of chinese new year (no reason to end it prior to this, since we won't get any progress during CNY anyway) - so it will be a couple of weeks for you to get your orders in - there will only be 1 run of this.

From the date of payment, Gateron says it takes about 15 days to manufacture the switches and have them sent out to us.

-- Price is calculated for the 20k MOQ, as we first strictly wanted to keep to 20k switches to make it more exclusive. Since we lifted the 20K limit, it means that any switch sold at higher than 20k will be a microscopical profit (we are talking few cents here), which depending on how many switches are sold, turns in to a few dollars. This means that there will be profit, but we can't predict against it. So, instead of the community going profit, we decided to leave this, however small, profit to the retailers mykeyboard.eu and US proxy for their support in this project. Our goal is still to stay strictly non-profit, and as a community, we feel this solution is still true to the non-profit spirit --

Gesendet von meinem H8416 mit Tapatalk

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
Update:

NovelKeys confirmed as the US Proxy, also non-profit! The per switch price for the US will be 0.36USD~, so only 0.01 higher than EU - very fair pricing!
The GB will start on Monday, and be open for roughly a month (end of chinese new year). Manufacturing time will be 15 days, roughly. GB Thread will follow shortly. Thanks for the overwhelming support!

The swedish keyboard community is very excited and happy about this, and hope to do more great things in the coming future!

Offline eyedrop

Great update.  I love how the community and proxy come together to bring the product across the globe to benefit everyone.

Thanks for organizing the buy.  I will definitely buy some from Novelkeys.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
Nice, I loved these switch when I first saw it, I do plan to join, & thanks for creating this unique switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline oh_chesteroni

Are the springs used the same as gat yellows?

Offline _GMK_

• not affiliated with GMK
Is cherry offering the same service, I mean by request, can it make the same colors? I think that it can.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
Cherry MOQ is 80k IIRC, and way more expensive - for a, to me, inferior switch. Gateron linear offerings are smoother than cherrys counterpart; that's my personal opinion. One could argue that QC is better, but to my knowledge there are no custom Cherry switches on the market right now - likely due to it being so pricy it's not worth it.

As far as the spring goes, only specification provided is that it bottoms out at 65cN and is gold plated.

Offline mgsickler

Cherry MOQ is 80k IIRC, and way more expensive - for a, to me, inferior switch. Gateron linear offerings are smoother than cherrys counterpart; that's my personal opinion. One could argue that QC is better, but to my knowledge there are no custom Cherry switches on the market right now - likely due to it being so pricy it's not worth it.

As far as the spring goes, only specification provided is that it bottoms out at 65cN and is gold plated.

It’s actually more than that. The initial quote I received was 200,000 switches to get a custom color, and it was super expensive.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"

It’s actually more than that. The initial quote I received was 200,000 switches to get a custom color, and it was super expensive.

Oh, it went down. Last time you and I talked about it it was 800k, but I think I wanted custom springs.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.

Oh, it went down. Last time you and I talked about it it was 800k, but I think I wanted custom springs.

I spoke with a Cherry rep at the recent Mechanicon in Frankfurt. He said it's way too high, and even when I said "there's a price for everything" he still giggled and said no.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter

Even GMK doesn't get custom switches from Cherry because it's too expensive. Unless you are Razer or Corsair Cherry there's really no chance of making custom Cherry switches happen.
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord