Author Topic: Is there another mouse where my pinky doesn't drag?  (Read 12512 times)

Offline StaCT13

Is there another mouse where my pinky doesn't drag?
« on: Sat, 12 November 2011, 20:34:06 »
Hi all, I'm currently using some cheap Gigabyte gaming mouse (Edit: it's the GM-M6800), and although it is rather ergonomic, my pinky drags on the mouse pad. Now, all previous mice I've used also do this, and I usually can ignore it, but lately it's really been bothering me.
I was looking at the Razer Naga specifically because it addresses this. My friend let me use his, and the little arch meant to support your fourth finger has the benefit of making my pinky not drag.
So, what I'm asking is this: are there any other mice that allow for this freedom from pinky dragging?

I thank all who answer, and so do my pinkies.
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 November 2011, 22:08:57 by StaCT13 »

ErgoDox Classic Aluminium (MX Reds) | Leopold TKL Otaku (MX Browns) | Rosewill RK-9000 (MX Blues) | Dell AT101W (Alps Black)

Happily typing in Dvorak

Offline shogrran

« Reply #1 on: Sat, 12 November 2011, 20:56:39 »
R.A.T 7 or R.A.T. 9 has some good pinky rests. But personally those are two too expensive mice.
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Foodmanchew

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 12 November 2011, 21:46:57 »
How do you hold your mouse? Do you use your middle finger for the right click? If so you could try using your ring finger for right click and just rest your middle finger on the scroll button, and use your pinky to grip the right side of the mouse.

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 12 November 2011, 21:50:30 »
Hippus handshoe mouse. Love it!

Offline Quarzac

• A very busy dude!
  • Still around, sometimes.
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 12 November 2011, 22:03:27 »
Logitech MX Revolution, I think. It should be pretty cheap now, too. There's also the G700, and another one of the Gs (400?) that has symmetrical rests.
Risen from the dead for a model F.

Wyse buy colors were GSY for the dark grey, GBA for the light grey, and BBI for the fonts.

Offline StaCT13

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 12 November 2011, 22:14:25 »
I'm really liking the looks or the ergonomics working on the Handshoe, but it seems to lack extra gaming features I'd need (side buttons, DPI adjust).
I am violently against wireless mice, too.
Seeing as I wanted to look for alternatives mostly due to price, I think I'll plan for that Naga.

ErgoDox Classic Aluminium (MX Reds) | Leopold TKL Otaku (MX Browns) | Rosewill RK-9000 (MX Blues) | Dell AT101W (Alps Black)

Happily typing in Dvorak

Offline shogrran

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 13 November 2011, 00:29:11 »
There are also a few from SteelSeries that have sort of a pinky rest and extra buttons.. like their mmo mice for world of warcraft and the ikari.
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline pitashen

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 13 November 2011, 01:27:16 »
Switching grip style might be a consideration, if all else fails.
\\\\ DSI Mac Modular Keyboard (Brown) w/ Leo  Blank Keycaps //
\\\\ Leopold 87keys Keyboard (Brown) w/ Black CherryCorp + SP DoubleShots //
\\\\ Filco Majestouch 2 NINJA (Black) w/ White CherryCorp + SP DoublsShots //

Offline shogrran

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 13 November 2011, 03:21:03 »
@pitashen

yea, I think that's the cheapest solution as well. But for some of us, switching grip style is like switching how you hold a pen or a pencil --- pretty damn hard.
Razer Blackwidow Elite
CMStorm Quickfire Rapid
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Disposable Hero

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 12 February 2012, 02:14:18 »
I have a R.A.T. 5 , and ordered the pinkie rest that normally comes with the Rat's 7 & 9 and it works fantastic...no more "pinkie tingle"!

http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=5164&idCategory=405

Offline flyball

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 12 February 2012, 07:25:37 »
maybe the cm storm claw mice
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline DesktopJinx

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 12 February 2012, 14:58:36 »
Evoluent vertical mouse? Versions 3 and 4 have a lip that's intended to keep your pinky off the mat. However, it's only a guide; your pinky can still droop and drag if it's determined. The v4 added a second thumb button (presumedly defaults to "forward"). Pointer speed can be adjusted with two small buttons at the base of the middle-click button. I've not tried a v4; I use a v3 and v3 wireless, sans drivers.
M15 for life

Offline Moratorius

• Kyle Chong
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 12 February 2012, 16:36:26 »
I'll add to the necroposting; I've owned both the VM4 and the HandShoe mouse.  As mentioned by the poster above, the pinky rest on the VM4 isn't perfect, and I dislike the feeling of the shell material.  The material and form factor of the HandShoe mouse feels great; unless you have an abnormally long pinky, there's no way your pinky will drag.  Unfortunately, the HandShoe mouse is definitely not a gaming mouse... no dpi steps, or even forward/back buttons.
HHKB Type-S, Topre Realforce 87UB (55g)