Author Topic: Fan of Blue switches :)  (Read 1722 times)

Offline Rychubil

Fan of Blue switches :)
« on: Fri, 11 November 2016, 18:00:51 »
Hi Everyone!

My name is Richard and I have the pleasure to join to fans of mechanical keyboards here. I love driving buses and lorries, playing pianos and synthesizers, taking pictures by digital camera and writing lot of emails and articles.

Last month, looked for a better keyboard for writing than fitted on my laptop, I discovered mechanical keyboards. I researched quickly the subject and after 3 weeks I'm happy owner of my first mechanical keyboard Obins Anne PRO on Blue switches (I am in love on this "...click, click"). First time I considered Vortex Pok3r 3, but backlit and RGB versions this time was unavailable. Second reason purchasing Anne PRO was good opinions about this keyboard and twice cheaper price.

Currently I'm expecting ordered Magicforce 68 with typewriter keycaps from Massdrop. Also I'm cosidering 40% mechanical keyboard like Minivan, Vibex JD40 or other similar but I don't have idea where can I find these stuff. Somebody know?

Regards  :)
Pok3r, Core 47, JD40, OLKB Planck soon (in assembly).
Cherry MX clear, green (150g), Kailh BOX Navy.
SA: Ice caps, Dasher, T0mb3ry Carbon, Maxkey Black, Maxkey dolch, Matt3o/dev/tty MT3. DSA: Dolch, Contrast white, DSA Glimy 2077. Datamancer Typewriter Classic.

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
Re: Fan of Blue switches :)
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 15 November 2016, 02:03:16 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

You could try the Classifieds sub-forum for someone selling their 40%.  Also, you won't be able to create a new topic in the Classifieds sub-forum until you hit two months membership and have 25 posts.

Happy Keyboarding! :cool:

Offline menuhin

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 15 November 2016, 04:22:37 »
Welcome to the forum!

You have some interesting hobbies. And it seems you've just entered a bottomless pit of hurting your wallet and pleasuring your fingers and ears and eyes.

A few facts: many users find their fingers got stuck in between keys in those typewriter style caps when using a keyboard like that. The set originally by Datamancer is a true collector piece though. These 40% keyboard when completed can potentially cost you more than your Anna Pro and a Pok3r RGB combined.

By the way, I hate blue switches so so much...!  :p But I can imagine using MX / Gateron green when I'm alone not disturbed.
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline Rychubil

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 15 November 2016, 05:38:59 »
You could try the Classifieds sub-forum for someone selling their 40%.
Thanks! I am considering Minivan or Vibex JD40.
What is the idea of Planck keyboard keyboard layout?
... it seems you've just entered a bottomless pit of hurting your wallet ...
Yes, I know. This is my biggest problem - constant debit :(
These 40% keyboard when completed can potentially cost you more than your Anna Pro and a Pok3r RGB combined.
I can see now but not expensive like Datamancer stuff which is amazing  :)
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 November 2016, 07:13:26 by Rychubil »
Pok3r, Core 47, JD40, OLKB Planck soon (in assembly).
Cherry MX clear, green (150g), Kailh BOX Navy.
SA: Ice caps, Dasher, T0mb3ry Carbon, Maxkey Black, Maxkey dolch, Matt3o/dev/tty MT3. DSA: Dolch, Contrast white, DSA Glimy 2077. Datamancer Typewriter Classic.