Author Topic: [IC] Bamboo rainforest keyset / DSA  (Read 6887 times)

Offline dragonpower2000

[IC] Bamboo rainforest keyset / DSA
« on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 13:06:38 »
The keyset is now dead, i just never got around to doing anything

First of all: i have no previous experience and i am open to any feedback, i'm currently using keyboardlayouteditor for renders, and any other way (except just making squares and shading cause i dont have skills) is apriciated, also i am not the most active user so if i am not here for a while and responding then hit me up on reddit (same username)

Pictures:
(Low res, higher res with no wood backround coming soon)

Todo:

Add the following kits;
Ortholinear
Ergodox
Non-standard

Get some better renders

Adjust after feedback

open a poll of would you buy

contact pmk

Extra info:
The keyset will be in dsa profile and abs plastic
The color codes are as follows;
White: WA
Blue: BED
Green: VAT
Chreme: YCC

The price will be about the same as other abs dsa keysets (send a message if you have a link to one so i can add an example)

Would you buy this and for how much? http://goo.gl/forms/isr9lNKuyD
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 June 2016, 15:07:12 by dragonpower2000 »

Offline qazeqaz

Re: [IC] Bamboo rainforest keyset / DSA
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 14:27:50 »
I can dig it. Green Planck mods perhaps?

Offline dragonpower2000

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 14:31:45 »

That was the thought for he "ortholinear kit" i didn't name it planck as the preonic and atomic exist

Offline qazeqaz

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 14:35:35 »

That was the thought for he "ortholinear kit" i didn't name it planck as the preonic and atomic exist

I just got to my PC and read that you have that in your todo list. I was on my phone. I like the colors though.

Offline gaiden

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 14:46:37 »
The colorway is OK, but there is such a disconnect between the Blue and the light colors. Try use blue as font color over the yellow and green because neither the white over light green or the black over light yellow is working at all. Your artisan is not resolved at all there needs to be more exploration about what makes THIS the speaks bamboo rain forest. Maybe take a look at Hana DSA for some inspiration. Also take away the bamboo background and you can really see how much of this color is working. I understand you are trying to put this concept in the best light/setting but this background isnt helping you because there needs a lot more work and help you focus more on the color usage and other things if you take it away until you feel like it's ready. Don't skip the steps this is close to alpha stage. Keep at it as this concept definitely needs more depth for people to relate.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline dragonpower2000

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 14:47:38 »
Added Ortholinear kit

Offline dragonpower2000

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 10 May 2016, 14:57:36 »
The colorway is OK, but there is such a disconnect between the Blue and the light colors. Try use blue as font color over the yellow and green because neither the white over light green or the black over light yellow is working at all. Your artisan is not resolved at all there needs to be more exploration about what makes THIS the speaks bamboo rain forest. Maybe take a look at Hana DSA for some inspiration. Also take away the bamboo background and you can really see how much of this color is working. I understand you are trying to put this concept in the best light/setting but this background isnt helping you because there needs a lot more work and help you focus more on the color usage and other things if you take it away until you feel like it's ready. Don't skip the steps this is close to alpha stage. Keep at it as this concept definitely needs more depth for people to relate.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

i am kind of confused, clarification please

EDIT: ok i get it now, sry
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 May 2016, 17:54:03 by dragonpower2000 »

Offline tintoret

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 00:03:15 »
looks good. would need the full tsangan (1.5/1/1.5/7 bottom row, sort shift and fn), but i like it

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 02:24:52 »
I'm not feeling the blue, and I'd agree with the other criticisms regarding presentation. It does look cool, so I wish you good luck with this.

Offline mind_funeral

• savior of lost fortunes
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 14:45:16 »
Light legends on light keys isn't working.  Creme colored space bar is very out of place.  3 colors isn't working for this keyset.
Poker II.3 with Gateron Browns and SIP sockets,  Midnight/Twilight DCS
KBP V60 with Gateron Clears, EnjoyPBT Cyrillics
Topre Type Heaven

Offline Floody

• Formerly Flood
  • But is it?
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 14:55:18 »
You might want to make it so that you can buy everything for a Planck in one kit without purchasing a TKL kit. Nantucket and a few others have done this already.
Also those are novelties not artisans.

Offline dragonpower2000

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 11 May 2016, 14:59:10 »
You might want to make it so that you can buy everything for a Planck in one kit without purchasing a TKL kit. Nantucket and a few others have done this already.
Also those are novelties not artisans.

editing to novelties, also im going to work on splitting the base and mods

Offline dragonpower2000

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 01 June 2016, 15:06:19 »
This is now dead, it didn't show enought intrest and i just never came to work on ,it. i'm deleting my post soon