Author Topic: [IC] Levitate - Keyboard Stand  (Read 2168 times)

Offline Rickyygee

[IC] Levitate - Keyboard Stand
« on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 04:58:57 »
Hey everyone!

With the custom keyboard market increasing and the amount of keyboards we own become more and more alarming I noticed that there aren't too many premium options for a keyboard stand. Surely our expensive keyboards deserve some exciting stands to call home

I've been working on this for a while now but I've never seen a premium looking stand that tickles my eyeballs. So hey this is my first prototype in the flesh after a few weeks of design.

I think the final product will be a little different but I wanted to run an IC to see who would be interested in a more premium, cleaner and aesthetic design that isn't in your face and just shows you the beauty of your keyboard :)

Prototype 1 here https://imgur.com/a/ZmT7M6p

IC here https://forms.gle/6DdfNir3oM6VRtV16

I wanted to take a few things into consideration when designing this:

Levitate - I wanted to make the keyboard seem like they're just floating. Obviously with the rules of physics around there's some restrictions but I just wanted the main focus to be the keyboard and nothing else

Clutter free - Lots of the other stands that I've seen have too many parts that make it difficult on the eyes. Screws, nuts, bolts etc. I wanted something that could be put together tool-lessly and all the while looking clean

Premium - Sure there are a few stands out there but...not too sure. They seem kind on thin and cheap and it really doesn't suit the keyboard at all. I wanted to design something timeless, premium looking and feeling

Shipping - All parts are flat and there are no nuts bolts or screws to increase shipping weight. We all hate when shipping is expensive

Price: TBA. Will be up to how many orders during GB

MOQ: TBA

Colors: At the moment I've only done clear acrylic. Very open to do some other basic/popular colors as well but costs may change due to the material cost.

Duration: IC will run for 2 months min. due to prototyping and to take in opinions as well. So please leave your feedback in the IC form.

GB: Aim will be some time in December if all goes well and shipping in Q1 of 2021.

Shipping method: TBA (From the land down under mate)

And that's it! Please note that this is the first prototype and there are changes to be made such as the height (I want to decrease the height so that you can't see the stand at all from a front on view) As well as the angle at which it props the keyboard up too.

There are plans also to add rubber feet on the bottom on the stand and maybe where the keyboard rests too (acrylic shouldn't scratch metal but does scratch other plastics)

Dimensions

Height = Approx 12cm tall (aiming to reduce this so it can't be seen front on)

Length = Approx 18cm (between the pillars)

Acrylic thickness = 1cm thicc

Thanks for reading!
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 October 2020, 05:02:53 by Rickyygee »

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
Re: [IC] Levitate - Keyboard Stand
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 11:47:43 »
The design looks solid, but with a name like "Levitate" and a description as "premium" I felt fairly let down to see that it's just another clear acrylic stand, just with thicker acrylic. Doesn't seem like a bad product but the marketing definitely set my expectations too high for what it is. GLWIC I'll be interested to see the price on this.

Offline zoo

• zoo
Re: [IC] Levitate - Keyboard Stand
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 06 October 2020, 12:09:05 »
Looks nice and simple, what's the range in pricing?