Author Topic: Compiling GH60 drivers in Windows.  (Read 4404 times)

Offline Criterus

Compiling GH60 drivers in Windows.
« on: Sun, 19 June 2016, 13:33:41 »
I'm to a point where I'm ready to compile and install my drivers to on a hand wired keyboard. I was following the Matt3o guide.

https://deskthority.net/workshop-f7/how-to-build-your-very-own-keyboard-firmware-t7177.html#p141386

At the end of the guide it says to open the terminal and run the make file ( I assume this is for Linux).

I did some digging around and found a Cygwuin64 terminal and tried running the make file from there, but it returned some errors.

Do I need to input all the drive paths in the makefile? I got the impression from the guide that this wasn't necessary. Could someone give me a little guidance or point me towards a more "windows centric" guide for this portion of the process.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ihbooi3sidlcu3w/50_Keyboard.zip?dl=0

Offline mrhead

• Thread \ (•◡•) / Stopper
Re: Compiling GH60 drivers in Windows.
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 19 June 2016, 13:48:42 »
I'd also like to know - posted another thread where I'm having problems with the driver portion.  None of the utilities will recognize the teensy controller I have.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 19 June 2016, 13:50:49 »
Can't help with Windows compiling but if you're not attached to TMK and just want to get it working consider using EasyAVR instead - no compiling required :thumb:
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Criterus

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 19 June 2016, 14:16:11 »
I'm not attached to anything, but my layout isn't standard.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=81243.msg2136414#msg2136414

I'd like to walk away with a skill set that lets me to make any kind of layout I want. I'm already working on model for a small keypad for my 5 year old to play Warcraft with me.

I'll read back through the EasyAVR post and see if it will work.

Offline KitWasHere

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 19 June 2016, 16:43:19 »
I don't remember if I needed to install any dependencies but "make -f Makefile" should work in a regular windows command prompt, shouldn't need cygwin. Did you try that? If not, make sure to "cd" into the directory your working from, or in your file explorer if you hold shift and right click, there will be an option to "open command prompt here"

Offline joey

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 19 June 2016, 16:57:24 »
As the above post says, you need to 'cd path\to\gh60', and then type 'make' from there.

https://deskthority.net/workshop-f7/how-to-build-your-very-own-keyboard-firmware-t7177.html#p141386 look for the 'To the compile!', it explains it there.

Offline Criterus

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 02:46:48 »
Ok the shift right click worked I got the file to run.

It made the folder but didn't actually make a hex file.

I tried compiling a unmodified version of the drivers just to see if it would make a .hex, and it didn't. I'm wondering what else it could be. I'm open to sugestions. Here is a SS of the error it returned when I ran it.

Offline Criterus

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 15:43:26 »
After doing some more digging around I think I've established it's an issue with windows or EasyAVR specifically. I tried installing all the software on a box that has a fairly fresh win10 install and it threw me the same error.

"The application was unable to start correctly "Ocx0000142"

The only thing I can think to do at this point is maybe format and try off a fresh install and/or set my box up to dual boot Ubuntu or mint and see if I can get the file to compile from there. I couldn't find any posts that listed up updates or dependencies that needs to be installed to make this work.

I don't suppose there's anyone out there that has this working that would mind trying to compile my file to see if it's something specific to my file before I start tearing things apart.

Offline KitWasHere

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 16:31:30 »
post a link and I'll compile it, or try to

Offline Criterus

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 17:55:12 »
Thanks Kit.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f7e1x7jijpnzba6/50_Keyboard.zip?dl=0

I just want to make sure its my computer and not just something with my file. I'd had to go through the effort of formatting only to find out that wasn't the issue.

Offline a-c

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 18:20:16 »
Post #3 http://www.avrfreaks.net/forum/windows-81-compilation-error?page=all
will fix that particular error.

After doing some more digging around I think I've established it's an issue with windows or EasyAVR specifically. I tried installing all the software on a box that has a fairly fresh win10 install and it threw me the same error.

"The application was unable to start correctly "Ocx0000142"

The only thing I can think to do at this point is maybe format and try off a fresh install and/or set my box up to dual boot Ubuntu or mint and see if I can get the file to compile from there. I couldn't find any posts that listed up updates or dependencies that needs to be installed to make this work.

I don't suppose there's anyone out there that has this working that would mind trying to compile my file to see if it's something specific to my file before I start tearing things apart.

Offline Criterus

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 18:45:27 »
Ok that .dll download worked for me I got it make me a hex file from the unaltered gh60 file. My modified file didn't work, but I'll just start sifting through the things I know I changed and see if I can identify the problem I'm pretty sure I know where to look there.

Thank you!

Offline KitWasHere

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 18:59:16 »
I'm getting a ton of errors trying to compile this but different then yours. On my end it's probably a misplaced semi-colon or something, not sure about the error your getting. I can take a look through your code and try and get you a working .hex but probably won't be until tomorrow

Code: [Select]
mkdir -p obj_gh60_lufa
Compiling C: keymap_poker.c
avr-gcc -c -mmcu=atmega32u4 -gdwarf-2 -DF_CPU=16000000UL -DINTERRUPT_CONTROL_END
POINT -DBOOTLOADER_SIZE=4096 -DF_USB=16000000UL -DARCH=ARCH_AVR8 -DUSB_DEVICE_ON
LY -DUSE_FLASH_DESCRIPTORS -DUSE_STATIC_OPTIONS="(USB_DEVICE_OPT_FULLSPEED | USB
_OPT_REG_ENABLED | USB_OPT_AUTO_PLL)" -DFIXED_CONTROL_ENDPOINT_SIZE=8  -DFIXED_N
UM_CONFIGURATIONS=1 -DPROTOCOL_LUFA -DBOOTMAGIC_ENABLE -DMOUSEKEY_ENABLE -DMOUSE
_ENABLE -DEXTRAKEY_ENABLE -DCONSOLE_ENABLE -DCOMMAND_ENABLE -DNKRO_ENABLE -DVERS
ION=unknown -Os -funsigned-char -funsigned-bitfields -ffunction-sections -fdata-
sections -fno-inline-small-functions -fpack-struct -fshort-enums -fno-strict-ali
asing -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wa,-adhlns=obj_gh60_lufa/keymap_poker.lst -I. -
I../../tmk_core -I../../tmk_core/protocol/lufa -I../../tmk_core/protocol/lufa/LU
FA-git -I../../tmk_core/common -std=gnu99 -include config.h -MMD -MP -MF .dep/ob
j_gh60_lufa_keymap_poker.o.d  keymap_poker.c -o obj_gh60_lufa/keymap_poker.o
In file included from keymap_poker.c:1:
keymap_common.h:42:5: error: macro parameters must be comma-separated
In file included from keymap_poker.c:1:
keymap_common.h:51: error: expected identifier or '(' before '}' token
keymap_poker.c:9:83: error: macro "KEYMAP_ANSI" requires 61 arguments, but only
51 given
keymap_poker.c:5: error: 'KEYMAP_ANSI' undeclared here (not in a function)
keymap_poker.c:11: error: expected expression before '/' token
keymap_poker.c:12:5: warning: multi-line comment
keymap_poker.c:19:5: warning: multi-line comment
keymap_poker.c:26:5: warning: multi-line comment
keymap_poker.c:33:5: warning: multi-line comment
keymap_poker.c:40:5: warning: multi-line comment
keymap_poker.c:63:5: warning: multi-line comment
keymap_poker.c:86:5: warning: multi-line comment
keymap_poker.c:103:1: error: unterminated argument list invoking macro "KEYMAP_A
NSI"
../../tmk_core/rules.mk:550: recipe for target 'obj_gh60_lufa/keymap_poker.o' fa
iled
make: *** [obj_gh60_lufa/keymap_poker.o] Error 1

EDIT: Didn't see your post, glad you got the compiler sorted out

Offline Criterus

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 20 June 2016, 19:43:41 »
Yea I'm going to start over and try to be a little more thurough. I had a couple things comented out because of the layout/wiring is different, and I didn't quite understand exactly what I was doing ( I still don't entirely). I need to just stare at it a little bit and figure out.

There's multiple layouts in some of those files, and I don't entirely understand what is critical and what isn't. I just wanted a really simple single layer layout to start with and I think I junked the file up trying to consolidate it down.

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 06:56:03 »
There are easier ways of getting the toolchain running under Windows 10
  https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=82935.msg2201835#msg2201835

I took a look at your keymap.  Neither of those files will compile with the syntax errors caused by the changes.
 - keymap_common.h is definitely wrong - the first keymap definition has brackets in all the wrong places.
 - keymap_poker.c isn't commented out correctly.

If you're just looking to modify the keymap for a GH60 you should only have to edit the keymap_variant.c file to modify your mappings.  Modifying the keymap_common.c file should be unnecessary. 

I'd recommend starting out slow. 
See if you can get the firmware to compile without modification first.
Once that's done start by changing the keys one at a time in the keymap_variant.c file.

Offline Criterus

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 21 June 2016, 11:54:53 »
I did re-compile the original file to just make sure I could get it to spit out a hex file. Replacing the .dll file from the link A-C posted fixed my initial issue which was that I couldn't get the original or my file to compile at all. So now I have the software end of things figure out.

I'm trying to use the GH60 drivers for a physically different keyboard layout all together: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=81243.msg2134810#msg2134810

I was using Matt3o's guide on desk authority to modify the files for what I have going on. I knew the whole thing was bad, but it not compiling all together wasn't helping my cause.