Author Topic: geekhack apparel  (Read 20682 times)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Re: geekhack apparel
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 13:11:50 »
absolutely no virtual badges or gamifying. this is a community not a game

Achievement Unlocked!

Annoy An Admin
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #101 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 13:15:03 »

Achievement Unlocked!

Annoy An Admin

Shark badge-Pledge your loyalty to the Girlshark Wizbro

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #102 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 13:24:01 »
Can you help design the graphics? I would love to have some GH merit badges. :D

You can get them embroidered at Nerd Merit Badges. MOQ is 50 per design, at $5.00 each.

I would love to see something like:
  • GH60 (logo, centered), [USER, DIY'ER] (text, bottom)
  • Phantom (text, on top), Phantom (logo, centered), [USER,DIY'ER] (text, bottom)
  • 1000 posts (2000, 3000, 4000, etc.)

What are some other ideas?
Maybe even badges for different types of switches would be nice too. I will probably post some up in the middle of next week. :]

Would you be willing to hold an interest check for badges? I think it looks like it deserves its own thread by now. We could also post designs there, just like the GH60 Sticker IC thread.
I don't mind making the IC thread myself, but I don't think I would be in a good position to host the groupbuy for it.

Edit: I think it should also have it's own IC since badges aren't technically included in the OP. xD
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 May 2013, 13:25:39 by Lastpilot »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #103 on: Thu, 09 May 2013, 13:41:09 »
Maybe even badges for different types of switches would be nice too. I will probably post some up in the middle of next week. :]

Would you be willing to hold an interest check for badges? I think it looks like it deserves its own thread by now. We could also post designs there, just like the GH60 Sticker IC thread.
I don't mind making the IC thread myself, but I don't think I would be in a good position to host the groupbuy for it.

Edit: I think it should also have it's own IC since badges aren't technically included in the OP. xD

Sure, I'll put up an IC tomorrow for them. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline RougeR

« Reply #104 on: Fri, 10 May 2013, 07:11:58 »
should be here next week :D
Buckling spring warrior!

Offline 4LI4Z

« Reply #105 on: Sat, 11 May 2013, 14:05:16 »
Totally love your design RougeR, would definitely wear!
BLING BLING GOLD SPRING

ErgoClear Filco MJT2 TKL || Apple EK II || Hall Effect Keypad || Cherry G81 HAD || IBM M SSK

Offline RougeR

« Reply #106 on: Sat, 11 May 2013, 15:41:12 »
Totally love your design RougeR, would definitely wear!

yeah im really excited for it thanks
if it looks good when it comes, i will try to post a link to the design/website
Buckling spring warrior!

Offline 4LI4Z

« Reply #107 on: Sat, 11 May 2013, 17:27:23 »
that would be really cool
BLING BLING GOLD SPRING

ErgoClear Filco MJT2 TKL || Apple EK II || Hall Effect Keypad || Cherry G81 HAD || IBM M SSK

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #108 on: Sat, 11 May 2013, 17:34:30 »

Achievement Unlocked!

Annoy An Admin

Achievement Unlocked!

Make an Admin LOL

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline DamnDan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • The Insane One
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #109 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 09:55:49 »

I made some changes, created an AI and EPS files. If anyone is still interested in this design with different switch colours let me know, I will create them but someone else will have to produce them.

Should I continue making these?

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • "DO NOT BRING YOUR EVIL HERE." -Swamp Thing
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 10:24:23 »
Show Image

I made some changes, created an AI and EPS files. If anyone is still interested in this design with different switch colours let me know, I will create them but someone else will have to produce them.

Can you make one for MX Greens? Love the work you did! If I PM you, can you send me the AI files? Also, what font did you use for the "Blue" script text? I could see a green version of this on a green shirt.
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
Quote from: Samuel Adams
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
    • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #111 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 10:25:06 »
Show Image

Make a IC thread?edit : shirts With red, blue, black, brown, green, ergo clear, clear,white, etc
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 May 2013, 10:28:31 by domoaligato »

Offline DamnDan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • The Insane One
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 10:59:19 »
Show Image

Can you make one for MX Greens? Love the work you did! If I PM you, can you send me the AI files? Also, what font did you use for the "Blue" script text? I could see a green version of this on a green shirt.

I will try to make all of them in the same scheme, meaning create similar design for all switches :)

"Blue" uses "Lighthouse" font. Cherry uses "ClaremontRR" in Bold. Cherry switch was retraced by me and i am able to change their colours in a matter of seconds (same goes to text visible) :)

I will keep you informed on the state of making other switches :)

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #113 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 11:10:41 »
I wonder how Cherry would feel about this, as a trademark issue? Would they care?
GeekHack Artwork Resources | The Living GeekHack Logo Thread | Signature Plastics ABS Chip Scanning Project | Krog Flocks Around | Keyboard Color Scheme Archive | [GB] PBT DyeSub DSA Granite Set
More
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #114 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 11:16:05 »
I think these might be awesome as 2" circular badges.
More

Offline DamnDan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • The Insane One
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #115 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 11:25:24 »

Of course designs have transparent backgrounds and can be put on whatever colour is desired :) Let me know if you like them :P When we will come up with final decision on these i will upload the sourcefiles :)
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 May 2013, 11:27:13 by DamnDan »

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #116 on: Mon, 13 May 2013, 13:54:58 »
Show Image

This would look great on a grey tee!  The others would be awesome on the backgrounds you put them on.
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline RougeR

« Reply #117 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 06:31:03 »
itssss here!!!

all printed correctly, no flaws...looks great!!!
can link order thing if people want, got it from zazzle, also fyi sizing might be a bit small, this is tight fitted as an M when normally they are a bit more loose, may just need a wash.

« Last Edit: Fri, 17 May 2013, 06:39:07 by RougeR »
Buckling spring warrior!

Offline tipo33

• "Ski"
« Reply #118 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 08:23:22 »
I like it.
KM4COL    R.I.P.  SmallFry

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #119 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 08:24:05 »
Wish it wasn't a white t-shirt but it's looking good.

Offline lazerpointer

• ya gotta stay phresh
« Reply #120 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 12:46:50 »
itssss here!!!

all printed correctly, no flaws...looks great!!!
can link order thing if people want, got it from zazzle, also fyi sizing might be a bit small, this is tight fitted as an M when normally they are a bit more loose, may just need a wash.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Wow, this guy. Pahahahaha.

I want one with just the switch diagram and the GH banner maybe on the back.... no foul language pl0x
i type, therefore i geekhack

Offline Krogenar

• The Kontrarian
  • * Esteemed Elder
    • Buried Planet
« Reply #121 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 13:04:41 »
Looks really good!
More

Offline RougeR

« Reply #122 on: Fri, 17 May 2013, 20:44:31 »
foul language makes the world go round :)
besides tis not that bad, those who know me from irc know i utilize the C*** word, i thought that might be a bit too far on a t-shirt ;)
Buckling spring warrior!

Offline 4LI4Z

« Reply #123 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 06:04:51 »
RougeR, could you please link the order link? Looks really nice, and I like the slogan also.
BLING BLING GOLD SPRING

Offline RougeR

« Reply #124 on: Sun, 19 May 2013, 06:22:33 »
yeah will do later today gotta dig it out and work out how
Buckling spring warrior!

Offline DamnDan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • The Insane One
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #125 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 08:06:06 »
Ok so as I promised, here are sources for my design.
If you would like to use it commercially, you can but first let me know :) You can change it around as you please :)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6r3vqc

I am releasing this design, since there is not much need for them, and I know someone can actually make these shirts happen if there is need :)

Offline RougeR

« Reply #126 on: Mon, 20 May 2013, 13:02:00 »
here the designs
Make the switch *****:
http://www.zazzle.co.uk/make_the_switch_*****_ibm_model_m_shirt_buckling-235965635997894793
and heres one for you politically correct people or whatever:
http://www.zazzle.co.uk/buckling_spring_t_shirt-235042733566588930

apparently the only way i could link is if i make commision which is 10% (price is still the same for you as if you had designed it yourself, zazzle absorbs the commission)
also if you do a google search you can often find discount codes
so buy from here or mock it up yourself, if you buy via those links i will donate the 10% (1.25GBP) to geekhack per sale, totally up to you.

edit - also you should be able to modify the designs i posted and still GH will get commision. could be worth looking into this with other sites?
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 May 2013, 13:14:35 by RougeR »
Buckling spring warrior!