Author Topic: CaptainBadAss' Keycap and Switch Test Tour  (Read 44398 times)

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
Re: CaptainBadAss' Keycap and Switch Test Tour
« Reply #200 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 13:19:01 »

I was lucky enough to try out the new tester from Cptn BadAss!! (spamrays old tester, made by cgbuen)
This thing was so great I am making one myself! :) I already ordered the metal plate but no funds right now for proxy switches so just the basic switches for now for mine. Id love any unique ones if anyone has them Thanks! I have grey, black, brown, clear, and blue i believe. (theyre coming ill know forsure soon)

The keycaps you chose are great, cherry low profile right? Very comfortable! Id love a set for mine!

The quiet switches, from quietest to loudest:

Stock Dark Grey
Red Stem, Red Spring, Lubed
Blue Stem, Blue Spring, Lubed
Black Stem, Blue Spring
Vintage Black Stem, Originative 62g Spring, Lubed, Stickered
Stock Vintage Black
Stock Black
Black Stem, Originative 55g Spring
Stock Red
Clear Stem, Originative 62g Spring, Lubed, Stickered

Louder Switches from quietest to loudest:

Brown Stem, Light Spring
Stock Brown
Brown Stem, Black Spring
Clear Stem, Blue Spring
Grey Stem, Blue Spring
Clear Stem, Black Spring
Stock Clear
Stock Grey
White Stem, Blue Spring
Stock White
Green Stem, Black Spring
Stock Green
Blue Stem, Light Spring
Stock Blue

I like to have quieter switches just to please my wife! I have Browns on my current setup. THey are a bit tactile but still quiet. I really love Stock White since they are more tactile, they feel great! Also I love the Clears since they are a bit more tactile than brown and still quiet. Had a great time with this! I may get some dark grey or black for quiet but I dont like how you cant feel them that much so Ill probably get clears or maybe whites on my next board then lube and sticker them! :)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #201 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 13:37:37 »
Keycaps were the random ones that came with the M7 switches the plate has. No idea on profile.

Also all the switches noises can change based on what keyboard you put them in and what caps you use.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #202 on: Tue, 03 December 2013, 15:33:48 »
Keycaps were the random ones that came with the M7 switches the plate has. No idea on profile.

Also all the switches noises can change based on what keyboard you put them in and what caps you use.

Oh sweet thanks!