Author Topic: What did you get in the mail today?  (Read 20175586 times)

Offline Alex92

Re: What did you get in the mail today?
« Reply #29300 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 13:16:52 »
Not keyboard related, but I figured I'd post anyway  :)

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #29301 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 13:18:26 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Oooh. Very nice! I am sure some people are going to be very jealous.  :p

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #29302 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 13:26:36 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Oh man... I should have jumped on this!

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #29303 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 13:31:08 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Oooh. Very nice! I am sure some people are going to be very jealous.  :p
I'm super jelly.

My other half wouldn't let me preorder this and she confiscated my 3DSXL because I played MH3 too much - to the point of neglecting everything else...

So much want... so much painful longing....
 :'(
null

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
What did you get in the mail today?
« Reply #29304 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 13:32:01 »
2 days from Canada! Unbelievable!

Still playing around with them but honestly, the hype is real. I've got a baggie of about 65 vintage blacks labelled keepers, they were hand selected as the smoothest switches from the 4 wyse terminals I gutted. These are smoother than 90% of my keeper vintage blacks, and just as smooth as the remaining top ten percent.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #29305 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 14:20:02 »

Still playing around with them but honestly, the hype is real. I've got a baggie of about 65 vintage blacks labelled keepers, they were hand selected as the smoothest switches from the 4 wyse terminals I gutted. These are smoother than 90% of my keeper vintage blacks, and just as smooth as the remaining top ten percent.

Show Image

The heavy snow in East coast USA is delaying shipments to 2 days instead of 1 day. :(

The smoothness is unreal. Just wait until you apply some lube on the sliders. You'll never be able to touch brand new mx reds/blacks... I say so from experience (my stock mx red keyboard is sitting in a corner).

As for lubing, I recommend squeezing _VERY_ slowly upside down on the syringe until you see a small spherical drop of lube on the tip. Run the yellow tip up and down on the 2 sliders inside the switch, then apply some lube on the stem slider + feet. Too little lube and it'll feel the same as stock, too much and you'll hear plopping. You'll know when you've achieved the optimal amount. ;)

Don't forget to shave/clip a bit of the friction points on the PCB mount pins. It'll make your life easier when inserting them into PCBs.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 February 2015, 14:23:08 by Zeal »
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #29306 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 14:32:05 »

Show Image

Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #29307 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 15:09:25 »
The heavy snow in East coast USA is delaying shipments to 2 days instead of 1 day. :(

The smoothness is unreal. Just wait until you apply some lube on the sliders. You'll never be able to touch brand new mx reds/blacks... I say so from experience (my stock mx red keyboard is sitting in a corner).

As for lubing, I recommend squeezing _VERY_ slowly upside down on the syringe until you see a small spherical drop of lube on the tip. Run the yellow tip up and down on the 2 sliders inside the switch, then apply some lube on the stem slider + feet. Too little lube and it'll feel the same as stock, too much and you'll hear plopping. You'll know when you've achieved the optimal amount. ;)

Don't forget to shave/clip a bit of the friction points on the PCB mount pins. It'll make your life easier when inserting them into PCBs.

I just tried lubing two of them and swapping in Cherry Clear springs and holy **** do they feel good. Like god-tier good. It's not even fair to compare these to normal Cherry switches. The Cherry Reds that came out of my Filco feel like they are made of chipped up concrete compared to the lubed Gatorades. If Gateron made an equivalent of the Cherry MX Clear that was as smooth as these I would seriously buy a pickup load of them.

What should we start calling Gateron Clears with Cherry Clear springs in them I wonder ...

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #29308 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 15:10:54 »

I just tried lubing two of them and swapping in Cherry Clear springs and holy **** do they feel good. Like god-tier good. It's not even fair to compare these to normal Cherry switches. The Cherry Reds that came out of my Filco feel like they are made of chipped up concrete compared to the lubed Gatorades. If Gateron made an equivalent of the Cherry MX Clear that was as smooth as these I would seriously buy a pickup load of them.

What should we start calling Gateron Clears with Cherry Clear springs in them I wonder ...
Better Clears?
null

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #29309 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 15:35:23 »

ice ice baby?

Offline Psybin

• of Rallos Zek
« Reply #29310 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 16:08:40 »
A solid trade.

MOARGREEN!

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #29311 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 16:09:17 »

ice ice baby?
Sex? Marshmallows?

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #29312 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 16:14:40 »
A solid trade.

Show Image

MOARGREEN!
Nice haul Psybin!
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #29313 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 16:18:52 »
A solid trade.

Show Image

MOARGREEN!
All those greens look good together.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline btctopre

« Reply #29315 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 16:42:17 »

Pulled the trigger on a 55g to try out after seeing all the praise about it, but two hours in and my ass is kicked. 45g might be the thorpie dome for me.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #29316 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 16:48:22 »
A solid trade.

Show Image

MOARGREEN!
Where do you buy those cases?

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #29317 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 17:03:16 »
A solid trade.

Show Image

MOARGREEN!
Where do you buy those cases?
Thats what I was also wondering.

Offline VesperSAINT

• vpsert
  • #CustomKorean
    • My Youtube channel with some keyboard videos
« Reply #29318 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 17:52:22 »
Show Image

Pulled the trigger on a 55g to try out after seeing all the praise about it, but two hours in and my ass is kicked. 45g might be the thorpie dome for me.

I say give it about a week or two. I also didn't like it when I first got it (thought it was too stiff), and almost sold it off, but now I'm glad I didn't! I love 45g Topre as much as any other Topre lover, but I'd say give the 55g a week or so~ If you still don't like it after that, at least you gave it a shot!

Awesome job grabbing one though~ Takes a lot to make that dive (b^_^)b

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #29319 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 17:56:01 »
Show Image

Iunno. I just started typing on 62g blacks for fun. I mean, actually just for fun. The keyboard wasn't even plugged in when I typed on it.
Anyway, once I switched back to typing on my 55g domes it was just a world of freaking difference and I appreciated the board just THAT much more for rotating.
Making the simple switch between 45g topre and 55g topre doesn't actually allow you to appreciate the difference since it isn't the most noticeable, especially if you aren't attuned to the feel.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #29320 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 19:08:09 »
Tease:

VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline just1n

« Reply #29321 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 21:59:27 »
Olivetti KBD 2811 HBQ
Show Image

Show Image

SUPER dirty, let me clean it and post more potatoes.   :-*

Oh I hate you so much right now, you lucky mother****er.

Indeed fortunate, which is rare olivetti

Offline just1n

« Reply #29322 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 22:04:07 »
Thats actually not true for olivetti.  My 2812 HBI has dyesub keycap ???
You're right. Nothing's ever true for Olivetti. Those boards don't follow any rules.

For proof : http://deskthority.net/photos-f62/moar-cherrivetti-goodness-and-weirdness-t2061.html

I believe thats the most mystery olivetti ^-^

Yes, exciting discoveries, great! :)

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #29323 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 22:15:51 »
Got my royal glam rosewood wrist wrest in today  :thumb:

more photos here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=35864.4200

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #29324 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 23:56:45 »
Hmm it's nearly 10pm here, and UPS just stopped by.  Got this huge ass Blizzard art book with lots of pretty pictures.  Really cool especially since it was only $14 from Barnes and Noble.

a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #29325 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 00:02:50 »
Hmm it's nearly 10pm here, and UPS just stopped by.  Got this huge ass Blizzard art book with lots of pretty pictures.  Really cool especially since it was only $14 from Barnes and Noble.

Show Image

WTF???? 8pm is the latest they deliver here.

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #29326 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 00:23:07 »

Show Image

yeah the latest is usually around 5pm, and that's during the holidays.  maybe the ups man got lost today.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #29327 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 00:23:36 »
What did u bribe them with?

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #29328 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 00:24:10 »

Show Image

yeah the latest is usually around 5pm, and that's during the holidays.  maybe the ups man got lost today.

I've had them come that late if they forgot to drop off your package.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #29329 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 00:24:47 »
UPS here is not as nice as yours

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #29330 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 00:51:32 »
UPS here is not as nice as yours
Same, mine come super late.

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #29331 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 00:52:42 »
Oh yeah, I did get this thing!

Offline mecano

« Reply #29332 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 03:33:11 »
Grab bag!

DSA
(Attachment Link)

SA
(Attachment Link)

We have a thread for those :p

;D

I'm just testing DSA and SA profile (and touch typing by force), I don't think I can compete with such work of art there :)

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #29333 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 06:54:13 »

Got my baby back. Suicidal_orange very kindly offered to swap the stock blacks out for some tactile greys... Ooooooh....

I had to change one pair of the costar stabiliser guides (the one on the left shift) but that's only because costar stabilisers are ****ing awful things.

But I'm very excited to try out these greys :)
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #29334 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 07:14:11 »
Show Image

Got my baby back. Suicidal_orange very kindly offered to swap the stock blacks out for some tactile greys... Ooooooh....

I had to change one pair of the costar stabiliser guides (the one on the left shift) but that's only because costar stabilisers are ****ing awful things.

But I'm very excited to try out these greys :)

Doesn't they require something like 80g for actuation?

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #29335 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 07:38:37 »

Show Image

Oh man, I didn't know that was a thing. I'm definitely picking that up! Thanks for the heads up naasfu :D

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #29336 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 09:35:02 »

**** yeah.

Also, just got my Ducky Mini Carrier from MK.com

It's so cute! Now I've got carry cases for like 3 out of 8 of my boards hah.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #29337 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 09:42:58 »

**** yeah.

Also, just got my Ducky Mini Carrier from MK.com

Show Image

It's so cute! Now I've got carry cases for like 3 out of 8 of my boards hah.

I need this that duck is so cute ^_^ don't even own a ducky keyboard but I'm getting that now thanks :)
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #29338 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 09:44:47 »
I need this that duck is so cute ^_^ don't even own a ducky keyboard but I'm getting that now thanks :)

Careful though, I'm sure you've experienced how expensive MK.com shipping is to the UK... $35 for just the carrier.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #29339 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 09:53:02 »

Careful though, I'm sure you've experienced how expensive MK.com shipping is to the UK... $35 for just the carrier.
Cheaper option(esp for europeans) : http://www.amazon.co.uk/10keyless-Mechanical-Keyboards-Steelseries-Quickfire/dp/B00MRJWSZW
Got two of those, they're fantastic.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #29340 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 10:09:49 »

:'( I'm going to go cry now just checked my self then seen this from you, I wonder if its cheaper if someone in the US got it then posted it out for me :X anyone in the US able to tell me what postage in the US cost for it, might be able to get a kind soul to help me if it works out cheaper :x

Thanks Azhdar will keep that in mind, but only wanted the ducky one because of the dam cute duck :c I love you so much little duck
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
More

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #29341 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 10:54:40 »

:'( I'm going to go cry now just checked my self then seen this from you, I wonder if its cheaper if someone in the US got it then posted it out for me :X anyone in the US able to tell me what postage in the US cost for it, might be able to get a kind soul to help me if it works out cheaper :x

Thanks Azhdar will keep that in mind, but only wanted the ducky one because of the dam cute duck :c I love you so much little duck

It's $21 and free shipping to me in Florida. Happy to proxy for you, find out how much is shipping to you from Orlando, FL 32828.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #29342 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 11:18:57 »
Got discounted EK coolant and some new primo-chill tubing for my rig. Coming up on that yearly maintenance. It's going to be a pain in the ass.  ;D

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #29343 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 11:35:14 »
Received a WYSE today.  Gonna try out some vintage blacks and see if i'll be using them in a future build.

More

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #29344 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 11:37:17 »

It's $21 and free shipping to me in Florida. Happy to proxy for you, find out how much is shipping to you from Orlando, FL 32828.
Ohh very kind of you sir will  you in a moment I have spare soon to inquire about this c:
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #29345 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 12:14:38 »
Random clear switch tops from TB that were actually Gateron clear tops. 108 for 33$, which before these GB's was a steal, and a hoodie.
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 February 2015, 12:19:10 by pwnnarwhal »

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #29346 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 12:18:22 »
Got my new ram today

Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #29347 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 13:52:26 »
It IS the year of the ram.
I love Elzy

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #29348 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 14:41:38 »

You can get them from the US NewEgg or MK.com. Up to you, but the proxy option may be cheaper.

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #29349 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 14:43:06 »
2 keycaps sitting in the mailbox, other half took the mailbox key with her when she left this morning.

FML

So close, yet so unattainable!
null