Author Topic: [IC] GMK NCO (2nd Post)  (Read 27592 times)

Offline Artemie

• Don't Let Your Memes Be Dreams
[IC] GMK NCO (2nd Post)
« on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 07:11:47 »
Hello.

This needs zero introduction, as my original post was removed unceremoniously without reason, and mods did not respond to why it was removed.
The form that was used to gauge interest, was also botted by some rando with "No" 584 times. Don't believe me? Here's the data sheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_ej37uvXnlYP5tWClAknFa5IcNcrxRGGLk7dOnQrIvE/edit?usp=sharing

Basically,
sweaty keyboard nerd angry over 3 keycaps

Without further ado, I re-present to you:
GMK       Nut    Cuck    Oof

253715-0
253717-1

FAQ:

Why are you making this???
I like to use these words. Many others too frequent these words. I'd like these words on my keyboard and I'm hoping other people similarly do.

GMK won't make this!!!
Guess we'll all find out. Since, they've made a "wh0re" cap before, and rejected a weed keyset.

Why call it NCO.... I'm offended!!!
If you can feel offended by looking at just 3 letters, then maybe you really should feel bad for yourself.

It's a waste of GMK slots!!! Gonna make me wait longer for other sets!!!
Let's face it, you're not gonna get that weeb anime waifu vtuber coloured set earlier, with or without this set in the queue.

OMG IT LOOKS LIKE OLIVIA AND I AM OFFENDED!!!
Wow, ok. You need help. I have zero intention of running in other peoples "colourway" unless said maker allows their cw to be made in NCO.
I rendered the the GMK Olivia and Olive cws the last time round, knowing people like you would get angry.

MoQ: ??? TBC ???
Vendors: ??? TBC ???
Pricing: ??? TBC ???

Meme render that offended so many people the last time I posted it.
More
253713-2

Fortunately, the reception was mostly positive (minus the guy who botted "No"). In a less than 24 hour period, this was the result:
An 87% approval rating.
253719-3

Guess I'll find out if:
1. GMK will make this set.
2. Geekhack removes this post again without notice or informing me why.
3. Angry keyboard nerds get angry again.

Other than that, have a nice day. :)
| 420CL | Fanoe | Porpoise | KFE R1 Silver| MxSS |  is0 Pink & Silver | HBCP Polycarbonate | Matrix 2.0 Additional Purple | TGR Police | Singa Jaguar Green | KFE R2 Blue | RS so lit | Dolch CR Black | Jelly 60 Blue | Belle en Rose | Kei R2 Olive | Dalco 959 Mini | Aripeko
More
Boards in GB: | IU board |
Previous Boards: QXP | Singa  | UTD | Taichi | Jane v2 Red | Jane v2 CE

Offline Agilr

• Never stop achieving
    • Discord Server
Re: [IC] GMK NCO (2nd Post)
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 07:13:43 »
No

Offline productkun

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 07:18:36 »
can we get caps lock as cuck and enter as nut pls

Offline Omarpixel9

• I like keyboards and pixels
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 07:19:53 »
60% gasket mount

Offline eskimojo

• KeycapLendar
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 07:22:41 »
No

Offline MK47

• Don't talk to me
« Reply #5 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 07:26:22 »
Yes

Offline BapoDonu

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 07:28:01 »
 :blank:

Offline Jampot_298

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 07:31:28 »
Can you add iso enter? Thanks :)

Offline fleeceman

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 07:32:12 »
Who tf frequently uses the word cuck?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Offline whirlwind

« Reply #9 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 07:33:18 »
Can't wait for any collabs

Sent from my J8110 using Tapatalk

Offline of_sam

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 07:35:49 »

Boys and girls with fully developed brains.
Typing on: HHKB Pro 2 - Stock :aware:
Collection: F1.69, Police, Jubi, RF 87U, En Dash, Rosenthal, Soulless, Frog, Calliope, GAF 910, Sabre, W1-AT

Offline Fnzzy

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 07:36:15 »

Offline Beni986

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 07:40:07 »

Cucks
Noxary T60 | LZ CLSm

Offline $W4GK!NG

• Keyboard/Car/Audio Enthusiast
    • Linktree
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 08:03:59 »
Is the sample picture the final color way that is going to be offer in the GB(if it ever happen)? or is the color subject to change? I would love to see more color ;)

Offline Artemie

« Reply #14 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 08:06:26 »
Is the sample picture the final color way that is going to be offer in the GB(if it ever happen)? or is the color subject to change? I would love to see more color ;)

I chose these colours due to the vast compatibility that they have against other sets, as well as having a low enough MoQ to produce.
If there are colourways that can replace the current offered kit, and are stock GMK colours, then I would be happy to consider.
| 420CL | Fanoe | Porpoise | KFE R1 Silver| MxSS |  is0 Pink & Silver | HBCP Polycarbonate | Matrix 2.0 Additional Purple | TGR Police | Singa Jaguar Green | KFE R2 Blue | RS so lit | Dolch CR Black | Jelly 60 Blue | Belle en Rose | Kei R2 Olive | Dalco 959 Mini | Aripeko
More

Offline akimbra

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 08:13:16 »
Yes

Offline wellbeing44

• kebord good kebord fun yum yum
« Reply #16 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 08:26:05 »
Cuck me daddy  :p :p :p

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #17 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 08:52:11 »
I'm in for no other reason than to support you calling out the neckbeard crybaby bull**** that plagues this place  :thumb:

Offline $W4GK!NG

• Keyboard/Car/Audio Enthusiast
    • Linktree
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 08:54:56 »

I chose these colours due to the vast compatibility that they have against other sets, as well as having a low enough MoQ to produce.
If there are colourways that can replace the current offered kit, and are stock GMK colours, then I would be happy to consider.
Sadly the color that I would love to see is all custom color like MoDo teal amd stuff, but this is cool nonetheless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline yui_

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 09:04:19 »
sooooooooo lit, glwic!!!!!
i'm in for 2 sets

Offline Kajoler

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 09:37:03 »
make
>:0

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #21 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 09:40:14 »
Stuff like this is honestly best off being conducted through Discord because that is where the vast majority of the target audience resides - if you actually want the set to be produced and aren't just trying to be funny, doing something like this here is about as useful as doing it on deskthority. Only reason to (re)post anything like this on geekhack is to generate animosity for the sake of provoking a reaction, and the post likely will just end up being deleted again (because it should), which is not going to get you a meaningful increase in sales.

Offline Lil

• designedbydark
« Reply #22 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 10:06:24 »

Please let us know where we can send you crayons, so you can see more color

Offline Artemie

« Reply #23 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 10:28:53 »
Stuff like this is honestly best off being conducted through Discord because that is where the vast majority of the target audience resides - if you actually want the set to be produced and aren't just trying to be funny, doing something like this here is about as useful as doing it on deskthority. Only reason to (re)post anything like this on geekhack is to generate animosity for the sake of provoking a reaction, and the post likely will just end up being deleted again (because it should), which is not going to get you a meaningful increase in sales.

Why my original post got deleted in the first place was never explained to me, hence why I had to repost it.

I posted it here in Interest Checks, to generate interest, as per the point of the forum. The intent is simple and clear.
What I want is to generate interest in the product I want to get produced, as well as obtain constructive criticism and feedback on the kit, colours.

If you, or anyone for that matter feel provoked, that's on yourselves.
More

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 10:52:55 »
Noncommissioned officer
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 11:00:34 »
Why my original post got deleted in the first place was never explained to me, hence why I had to repost it.

I posted it here in Interest Checks, to generate interest, as per the point of the forum. The intent is simple and clear.
What I want is to generate interest in the product I want to get produced, as well as obtain constructive criticism and feedback on the kit, colours.

Surely you can infer why the post was deleted. It provided no information, the subject matter was/is questionable and 80% of the replies were pyramid quote chains. It was probably to do with one (or all) of those. I would assume you know this, because it would explain the incredibly condescending and snide tone of your new post (that little "FAQ" section, etc). If you don't, that's on you.

Offline treeleaf64

• Traveler
    • treeleaf64
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 11:53:11 »

Surely you can infer why the post was deleted. It provided no information, the subject matter was/is questionable and 80% of the replies were pyramid quote chains. It was probably to do with one (or all) of those. I would assume you know this, because it would explain the incredibly condescending and snide tone of your new post (that little "FAQ" section, etc). If you don't, that's on you.

It's a pretty degenerate topic, I can see support for it  but  for the most part it's an inappropriate thing that should not be on geekhack
treeleaf64: https://discord.gg/rbUjtsRG6P

This is the cat and pat!!!!!!!!

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #27 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 12:23:41 »
lol funi words xD lolol
epic for the win!!!!

Offline Havattack

« Reply #28 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 12:35:26 »

It's a pretty degenerate topic, I can see support for it  but  for the most part it's an inappropriate thing that should not be on geekhack

ugh. It's not "degenerate." Explain in a logical way how it is in anyway immoral. Who is it harming? Why is it "inappropriate" explain with logic please.
inb4 my stupid holy book, says so, or some other silly superstitious garbage.
People that let things that have nothing to do with them, and affect them in no way, are just ugh, and lack common sense.
And this is coming from someone who think this set is stupid, and the colorway is meh.

Offline praystashion

« Reply #29 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 14:29:51 »
Please add "simp" and "vibe"

Offline jagger27

• ne 1.5U supers???
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 14:47:56 »
Looking forward to seeing this removed again

Offline azzipa

« Reply #31 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 14:49:42 »
Muh 1st amendment. Don’t like this? Don’t buy it.

I am willing to wager the vast majority of people on GH regularly use words that are more offensive (to some/others/my grandmother) than these three. Is this divisive? Is that even a relevant question in a world that routinely pushes divisiveness through identity politics? I just shrug and move on because I realized a long time ago that what people say quite often says more about their relationship with themself than it does about me. H8rs gonna h8. Peace.

Offline Havattack

« Reply #32 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 15:05:49 »
Karen is EVERYWHERE theses days! Go away lady!
It's insane that anyone could find a mere "word" offensive. Something that lacks any intrinsic meaning, and is simply a tool used to communicate ideas. You may find the meaning you, or the person saying the word, has assigned the word to be offensive, but the word itself? Silly nonsense.
I guess part of being alive during the best time in history is finding made up stuff to get upset about... whatever.
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 October 2020, 20:12:09 by Havattack »

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #33 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 15:12:53 »
And this is coming from someone who think this set is stupid, and the colorway is meh.

But would you like it if it had a "ugh" keycap?

In all seriousness though I agree with your sentiment for the most part, although the way you phrased it is pretty silly in my opinion and I don't think it helps your argument at all. It's not about whether or not some people are affected or bothered by what's being presented, or about whether or not they are within their right to feel that way - it's more so the way the post is laid out, the way stuff is said and just the general negative connotation associated with the people that tend to enjoy this sort of "humour" leaves a bad taste in people's mouths (be it for the right or wrong reasons).

Offline Havattack

« Reply #34 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 15:23:14 »

But would you like it if it had a "ugh" keycap?

In all seriousness though I agree with your sentiment for the most part, although the way you phrased it is pretty silly in my opinion and I don't think it helps your argument at all. It's not about whether or not some people are affected or bothered by what's being presented, or about whether or not they are within their right to feel that way - it's more so the way the post is laid out, the way stuff is said and just the general negative connotation associated with the people that tend to enjoy this sort of "humour" leaves a bad taste in people's mouths (be it for the right or wrong reasons).
I'm, perfectly happy with how i phrased it, and you in no way demonstrated how it was "silly" (not that it wasn't, i tried to make it silly, you simply did not explain how it was), and more importantly, you did not explain how it being "silly" some how detract from my argument.
I don't think it is about how it was presented, i think it's pretty obvious it's the content itself.
"just the general negative connotation associated with the people that tend to enjoy this sort of "humour" leaves a bad taste in people's mouths" You really think whats bothering them is the prejudice they have to people that find that kind of stuff amusing, and not the stuff they find amusing itself? Maybe, but i see no evidence of that.

Offline azzipa

« Reply #35 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 15:27:50 »
I apologize. There are other boards for this discourse. That said, I’m planning my new IC. To be called ‘NSFW’ or ‘SafeSpace’. Stay tuned.

Offline godinjointform

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #36 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 15:38:36 »
looks like ****

Offline jagger27

• ne 1.5U supers???
« Reply #37 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 15:43:24 »
It's insane that anyone could find a mere "word" offensive. Something that lacks any intrinsic meaning, and is simply a tool used to communicate ideas. You may find the meaning you, or the person saying the word, has assigned the word to be offensive, but the word itself? Silly nonsense.

So a word lacks meaning, except for the ideas it conveys? :thinking:

I guess part of being alive during the best time in history is finding made a stuff to get upset about... whatever.

Including being mad about other people being mad

I apologize. There are other boards for this discourse. That said, I’m planning my new IC. To be called ‘NSFW’ or ‘SafeSpace’. Stay tuned.
lol

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #38 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 15:53:01 »
Seems like people are only getting behind this because of the discord it's creating, rather than the design itself. Hmmmm!

Offline Tree_

« Reply #39 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 16:35:13 »
Will this be stocked at every Hot Topic or just select stores?

Offline HoodrowThrillson

« Reply #40 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 18:10:07 »
Don't Let Memes Be Dreams
[Mostly] Retired from Keyboards
Typing on: TKL One - Zealios v1 - 55g TX Springs, TX Films, Lubed with 205g0 - Xiami Beige Cadet + RGB
Collection: IDB60 (gone), Austere (gone), Matrix 1.2og (gone), Matrix 2.0add (gone), RS (so lit), Infinitum (gone), THRILL Proto (destroyed), Matrix 2.0add xmas Starry Night (gone), RS60 (traded), MC65 (traded), Jane v1 CE (gone), GSKT-00 (gone), TKL One Poly (returned), TKL One, RS60, Serenity Proto, Boulevard Proto

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #41 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 18:40:30 »
no
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #42 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 18:44:25 »
no

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #43 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 19:35:47 »
the guy who botted it was right
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #44 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 19:55:27 »
lol no
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Topre Realforce 87U 55g | Corsair K70 w/ MX Browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline Havattack

« Reply #45 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 20:06:49 »

So a word lacks meaning, except for the ideas it conveys? :thinking:
No, as i so very clearly put it, words lack INTRINSIC meaning, they mean whatever the person saying them wants them to, and to a lesser degree the person hearing them.

Including being mad about other people being mad
Yes, including that. (Though i am not "mad", maybe annoyed and frustrated, but you can perceive what i said was in anger if you wish, it doesn't matter, becasue whether i said it in anger or not, it was simply a comment, I am not trying to stop anyone from doing anything that doesn't effect other people. Unlike the Karens of the world.)

Offline jagger27

• ne 1.5U supers???
« Reply #46 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 21:32:13 »
No, as i so very clearly put it, words lack INTRINSIC meaning, they mean whatever the person saying them wants them to, and to a lesser degree the person hearing them.
what a vacuous nothingburger argument. ok let me try: you're great! Oh, by the way, I now declare that great means "not good". Come on now.

Yes, including that. (Though i am not "mad", maybe annoyed and frustrated, but you can perceive what i said was in anger if you wish, it doesn't matter, becasue whether i said it in anger or not, it was simply a comment, I am not trying to stop anyone from doing anything that doesn't effect other people. Unlike the Karens of the world.)
I would like to speak to your manager please.

Offline DasGnome

« Reply #47 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 21:42:47 »
Lol @ "not on my GeekHack!"

Again I repeat: nut

Offline Havattack

« Reply #48 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 00:31:03 »
what a vacuous nothingburger argument."
I will happily ignore your bald assertion, becasue it's clearly false, if it wasn't, you would of been able to identify how it's "vacuous", instead of just make bald assertions. It wasn't an "argument" either, what you quoted was a simple FACT, unless you want to try and make an argument for prescriptivism? But you can't, becasue it's nonsense.
ok let me try: you're great! Oh, by the way, I now declare that great means "not good". Come on now.
That's fine, as long as you explain what you mean by "you're great", we can go ahead and move on with the conversation, becasue as i have had to explain to you for like the 3rd time, what matters is not the "word" or the symbol, but the meaning behind the word/symbol. Isn't  in great how language works! Now you know sweetheart, congrats!

Jesus christ... how do teachers do it...

Offline CustomerSupport

• 🕸 developer
    • Discord
« Reply #49 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 02:35:42 »