Author Topic: [IC] Blueberry | Gasket-mounted 65% featuring seamless wave profile & Blue PVD.  (Read 41562 times)

Offline Toffee Studio

• Toffee Studio
Stunning design, love the side profile and the pvd  :p
Pricing seems reasonable as well.

Whats the packaging going to look like?

You'll see in our assembly guide video, as well as streams! The board will be packaged carefully to prevent any damage, with a metallic silver logo and branded, discrete packaging for the parts.
Thank you for your feedback.  :thumb:

Offline Botty212

Stunning design, love the side profile and the pvd  :p
Pricing seems reasonable as well.

Whats the packaging going to look like?

You'll see in our assembly guide video, as well as streams! The board will be packaged carefully to prevent any damage, with a metallic silver logo and branded, discrete packaging for the parts.
Thank you for your feedback.  :thumb:
Could you tell us who the content creator are? From Discords chat history I only got a "Most likely: Taeha Types, Keybored, Hipyo Tech. We'll see who we're able to reach out to " If we are talking about streams then I'm assuming Taeha or Hipyo are getting one?

Offline asdds22

one concern arose with no daughterboard.
With that flex, any issues with the USB-C port?
put daughterboard might be the safe choice to use that flex without any interference from the USB C port and surrounding hole.
If I type the board quite hard, isn't the port hit the surrounding hole?

Offline Toffee Studio

• Toffee Studio
one concern arose with no daughterboard.
With that flex, any issues with the USB-C port?
put daughterboard might be the safe choice to use that flex without any interference from the USB C port and surrounding hole.
If I type the board quite hard, isn't the port hit the surrounding hole?

Hi there! This shouldn't be a problem. We already addressed this in the discord server.
Similar to the Mekanisk Fjell, the USB port has been enlarged. We've had the board in regular usage for about three months and have observed no visible damage. Furthermore, a flex test is never indicative of real typing since that amount of flex is impossible to reach during normal use. The USB port will only come into contact with the bottom of the cutout if the PCB is intentionally pushed down, utilising a significant degree of physical force. Even during heavy typing with 35g springs, we were never able to replicate this problem. If you'd like any further clarification, feel free to ask 🙂
The video demonstration is with the softest configuration possible, with no foams. It is there to demonstrate the effectiveness of the mounting rather than to represent actual typing. Instead, typing tests will supply that demonstration.

Offline RomtempWauter

Love the pvd and pcb compatibility possibilities!

would like to see more pictures in brighter settings  :thumb:

Offline u1ti

This popped up on my YouTube feed. Looks interesting!  I’d like to see a sound test.

Offline totalemon

• good morning :)
I think this could really do with clearer renders that better showcase the board's design and colour options in brighter lighting. Or even proto photos, if that's an option. I feel like I'm fighting just to figure out what the board looks like. I didn't even know there were screw holes on the bottom until I saw one of the images (that's only on your website) that shows them from a distance. But that said, I really like what I can see, and I'm very interested in the GB. My only gripes are the 'by toffee studio' on the weight, it feels like it clutters up the design, and the lack of clear renders.  :thumb:

Offline Lincolnworks

• In progress
The trailer looks amazing btw, I'm thinking of starting my own GB and was just wondering how you created a trailer render like that?

Offline Toffee Studio

• Toffee Studio
The trailer looks amazing btw, I'm thinking of starting my own GB and was just wondering how you created a trailer render like that?

The trailer was made using a combination of software including Blender and Houdini. If you'd like further clarification please email us.

Offline superjackie

More photos of the proto or maybe more renders? Dark background does make it unclear. Looks like a great 65% so far! Interested! WKL possible?

Offline Toffee Studio

• Toffee Studio
I think this could really do with clearer renders that better showcase the board's design and colour options in brighter lighting. Or even proto photos, if that's an option. I feel like I'm fighting just to figure out what the board looks like. I didn't even know there were screw holes on the bottom until I saw one of the images (that's only on your website) that shows them from a distance. But that said, I really like what I can see, and I'm very interested in the GB. My only gripes are the 'by toffee studio' on the weight, it feels like it clutters up the design, and the lack of clear renders.  :thumb:

Hi, we'll definitely consider this, however, the board will be more visible in upcoming build streams (still waiting on the final channels list). As per the disclaimer at the top of this IC - there are no render photos present on this IC, these are all real photos shot in a studio. There are a total of 10 prototype units currently.

Offline Lincolnworks

• In progress

The trailer was made using a combination of software including Blender and Houdini. If you'd like further clarification please email us.

Thank you for the reply!  ;D

Offline totalemon

• good morning :)

Hi, we'll definitely consider this, however, the board will be more visible in upcoming build streams (still waiting on the final channels list). As per the disclaimer at the top of this IC - there are no render photos present on this IC, these are all real photos shot in a studio. There are a total of 10 prototype units currently.

Thanks for the reply! I didn't realise they were proto photos, but I feel like the same point still applies. obviously it's up to you, but I think it would help to have additional photos or screencaps from those streams up on the IC page. excited for the gb regardless  :thumb:

Offline Toffee Studio

• Toffee Studio

Thanks for the reply! I didn't realise they were proto photos, but I feel like the same point still applies. obviously it's up to you, but I think it would help to have additional photos or screencaps from those streams up on the IC page. excited for the gb regardless  :thumb:

Glad to hear. We'll experiment with some photos over the weekend. Thanks :)

Offline Toffee Studio

• Toffee Studio
Update 14/04/2022 AEST

New PC trailer added to the YouTube channel!

Giveaway over and winner contacted, we will run another one in the future so stay tuned!

:thumb:

Offline KBKlon

The board looks absolute stunning (the blue PVD weight especially) but would suggest putting the "by toffee studio" somewhere else, it kinda takes away from the aesthetic.

Otherwise looks fantastic.

Offline superjackie

Any WKL option?

Offline Toffee Studio

• Toffee Studio

Offline Toffee Studio

• Toffee Studio

Hi there! Since the last response we've uploaded a feature video for the board which shows its entire design. Additionally, we will most likely be having the inscription removed on the weight and sort new ones soon, judging by the discord poll.  :thumb:

Offline Mihawk420

The Blue PVD looks amazing will there be a hotswap PCB option or only solder for the GB?

Offline icey_keebss

• deskmat designer
the weight looks great! i love it

Offline ydawg

I'm Looking forward to build streams of this board. Do you have any updates regarding other color choices of the top case?

Offline Toffee Studio

• Toffee Studio
I'm Looking forward to build streams of this board. Do you have any updates regarding other color choices of the top case?

We'll provide a color poll update soon via discord :)

Offline granola bar enthusiast

maybe acrylic would allow for the light on the lower case to spread better and more seamless showing less of the inconsistencies in lighting than PC?

Offline Toffee Studio

• Toffee Studio
Update 24/09/2022 AEST

After a long period of no updates in this thread, we are finally moving towards GB!
- Review videos are being released in the coming weeks!
- Preparing QC standards for GB and shipping logistics
- Build video uploaded to YT channel!

Blueberry will be moving to Group Buy soon. Thanks everyone!  :thumb:

Offline anderw

suggest removing 'by toffee studio' from the out side weight. maybe put inside of the keyboard instead.

I agree with this

Great looking board tho

Offline Bigtailcat

The blue PVD weight looks so sexy!

Offline PCov

Definitely intrigued.  Can't wait for sound tests.

Offline Toffee Studio

• Toffee Studio
suggest removing 'by toffee studio' from the out side weight. maybe put inside of the keyboard instead.

I agree with this

Great looking board tho

This was already implemented, this inscription is only on the old prototype photos now.  We post updates on our discord ;D