geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] GMK Chocolatier - Available For Pre-Order!

(1/36) > >>

Zambumon:

GMK Chocolatier and RAMA Chocolatier Brass keycaps are available for preorder!

Preorder window will be open from October 5th to November 5th.

Where to buy:

- North America: Novelkeys
  - GMK Chocolatier:
    - Core: $145
    - Novelties: $35
    - Spacebars: $30
  - Rama Golden Ticket/Blue X/Blue O: $56

- Europe: MykeyboardEU (prices including VAT)
  - GMK Chocolatier
    - Core: 141.99€
    - Novelties: 39€
    - Spacebars: 32€
  - Rama Golden Ticket/Blue X/Blue O: TBA€

- China: ZFrontier
  -GMK Chocolatier:
    - Core: ¥1048
    - Novelties: ¥248
    - Spacebars: ¥210
  - Rama Golden Ticket/Blue X/Blue O: ¥392

- Asia (Korea, Japan, SEA...), Australia, and New Zealand: ZFrontier
  - GMK Chocolatier:
    - Core: $165
    - Novelties: $38
    - Spacebars: $32
  - Rama Golden Ticket/Blue X/Blue O: $56
 *Note: ZFrontier has free shipping via DHL Express for orders over $100.

Order Count

Please, head over to https://zambumon.com/chocolatier/ to check the current order numbers

Greetings to you, the lucky finder of this keyset. After more than two years, we finally meet again
(I shake you warmly by the hand). Once again, my factory is open for visitors, so please go ahead and
come to taste the new flavours produced in our German facilities!

Released almost two years ago, SA Chocolatier was the first keycap set that I’ve ever made. Inspired by the
chocolate wrappers of the 2005 motion picture adaptation of Roald Dahl’s masterpiece, Charlie and the
Chocolate Factory, GMK Chocolatier is the second iteration of this set.

Q: Why am I using blue accents?
A: Because my idea for SA Chocolatier was initially to release the set in three flavours

Technical specs

* Original Cherry Corp. profile
* High quality 1.5mm thick keycaps with doublsehot legends that will never fade.
* Made in Germany by GMK electronic design GmbH
* Custom chocolate colors matched to what the SA run should have looked like.

Q: What do you mean with "what the SA run should have looked like?"
A: Chocolatier's alphas (as well as the modifiers) were washed off compared to the plastic samples
I had with me. the difference is quite noticeable with 1976 and some people (including me)
noticed that the spacebar had a stronger color than the rest of the alphas.

Serika dekmat + Chocolatier by Zambumon

Available kits

Core

After some consideration, I've opted for a more conservative approach for the core of this set, although with
some minor eccentricity.

With the goal of encouraging the reusability of these keycaps with other sets, I’ve also included a second
Tab key. With just that extra key, now people could potentially use Chocolatier’s modifiers at the same time
in, for example, an HHKB and a standard fullsize keyboard.

Novelties

By popular demand, the novelties are back!
A small pack of novelties that adds some more options for your enter and escape keys.

Spacebars

Some people like to have an accent color even on their spacebars.
This kit provides all the spacebars you’d need in GMK Chocolatier’s blue accent color.

Gallery

Zambumon Nemo

Zambumon Verne

Zambumon F96H

Tokyo.keyboard Tokyo60

Percent Canoe

Uniqey C70

Uniqey Q100

Desk Candy Modern M0110

What's going on, what happens now?
This is an interest check for GMK Chocolatier. And although I've figured out the kits and there won't be any
major change or any new kit (aside the consideration of adding Novelties) it's time to gather interest,
get quotes, and color samples.

Two weeks ago, I sent GMK a package to the factory which contained some plastic color samples,
which were inmediatly forwarded to their plastic supplier. Given how well the process went with Serika, I'm
confident that they'll meet my request and we'll get the perfect colors for this set.

I've also been in talks with Novelkeys as I'm interested on having him as the US distributor of not only the
set, but also other extras, such as a deskmat.

The approach for my sets has changed over the years and it has accentuated with Jamón, Chocolatier, and
ISJGEFTWC (also known as Samurai Blue). I want the set to be functional and affordable, I want the stores
to have an easy time packaging and sending the sets, I want the keycaps to have a good QC, and I want
the manufacturer to have an easy time making these sets by not offering an overwhelming number of kits.

Regarding collaborations, don't hesitate to contact me, over Discord, filling up the form, reddit, etc.
There are plenty of ways to do it
For updates, I'd suggest either following my blog, this thread, or my Instagram account (for short ones).

Flairs up!

You can support the project by placing in your forum signature this image, which will link to the project page.

--- Code: ---[url=https://zambumon.com/chocolatier][img width=480 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/J3nQbui.png[/img][/url]

--- End code ---

If you prefer to link to the geekhack thread, then you can use this one instead:

--- Code: ---[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=96481.0][img width=480 height=120]https://i.imgur.com/J3nQbui.png[/img][/url]

--- End code ---

dimo:
Zamb just won't stop--

but there's no normal ISO enter in the alpha color at all????

Photoelectric:
YES

OracleKev:
Love what you're doing WRT US/Euro kits and Tab key.

Vigrith:
As we've spoke about before, your decision to have 2 base kits is going to be extremely interesting to watch play out.

Very exciting and best of luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version