Author Topic: [IC]Hammer Dye-sub BSP Group buy Round4(Massdrop GB Starts)  (Read 70810 times)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: [IC]Hammer Dye-sub BSP Group buy-Round4(Update 2/25# More choice in Tulip)
« Reply #200 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 12:59:21 »
i like the nipple

i don't know why everyone hates them

I’m just suggesting having both options, might be nice since the nipple is a love/hate thing

both is fine, but it seems people only want one or the other

a bit different than scoops/bars debate
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #201 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 13:32:28 »
To clarify on what I said, I'd like to have both the nipple and no homing. Nipple's a classic, removing it would be silly, I'd just like to have the option to have no homing at all if I want to.

Offline Cavemann6

« Reply #202 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 14:08:08 »
I would prefer both options

Offline nastrovje

« Reply #203 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 14:44:28 »
I do prefer bars over nipples, but why would anyone want no homing at all? How do you find the right position on the board without looking?  :confused:

I also would love a novelty key saying GH/DT or r/mk or Discord/Slack

Nvm the other idea I had before..
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 March 2018, 14:51:43 by nastrovje »

Offline Nafs_asp

« Reply #204 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 14:51:44 »
I do prefer bars over nipples, but why would anyone want no homing at all? How do you find the right position on the board without looking?  :confused:

I have a different suggestion and maybe it doesn't have place in this GB run, but

What would you think of adding international keys?

Looks like a lot of work, but I think it would be a dream of many.

German layout apl and I explode

I don’t think that would be very feasible for BSP since BSP doesn’t make ISO Enter or 1.25u Left Shift.

As for the homing keys, BSP only has nipples, so it’s either nipples or no homing. I think having both is good because it at least let’s people who hate the nipples have an alternative. I personally don’t need homing keys to type and have some cherry profile typewriter caps (Royal Alpha 115) that have no homing.

Offline nastrovje

« Reply #205 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 14:56:45 »
I don’t think that would be very feasible for BSP since BSP doesn’t make ISO Enter or 1.25u Left Shift.

As for the homing keys, BSP only has nipples, so it’s either nipples or no homing. I think having both is good because it at least let’s people who hate the nipples have an alternative. I personally don’t need homing keys to type and have some cherry profile typewriter caps (Royal Alpha 115) that have no homing.

Slow me :))

I think ISO isn't a must, I've talked to many that just want Ö, Ä, Ü, +, # and the number row with correct legends.

to correct this section atleast: https://deskthority.net/w/images/a/a4/Apl02.jpg
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 March 2018, 15:00:43 by nastrovje »

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #206 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 15:15:03 »

Muscle memory? Not sure if you're asking in a serious manner or not. I rather the feel of uniformity of having no homing at all since I don't need it for anything, the haptic feedback I get from the dish/bar bothers me more than it helps because of that.

It's not a super serious problem, it doesn't really piss me off or anything but if that can be made an option here alongside the nipples then I'm definitely all for it.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #207 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 15:43:41 »

I think ISO isn't a must, I've talked to many that just want Ö, Ä, Ü, +, # and the number row with correct legends.

to correct this section atleast: https://deskthority.net/w/images/a/a4/Apl02.jpg

no thanks i don't want to pay for keys i'm not gonna use

that's whole draw of BSP for me in the first place
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Nafs_asp

« Reply #208 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 15:51:14 »

It just seems like it isn’t the right GB for it. Int’l kits are always hard to get to MOQ and it takes a lot of keys to adapt to just one language. My suggestion for a set of non-homing F and J at least only adds two keys.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #209 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 15:53:05 »

It just seems like it isn’t the right GB for it. Int’l kits are always hard to get to MOQ and it takes a lot of keys to adapt to just one language. My suggestion for a set of non-homing F and J at least only adds two keys.

non-homing is fine, easiest solution to the homing key debate

but 95% of people are never gonna use ISO language keys

especially since BSP can't do ISO enter as far as i know

Offline crtexcnndrm99

• *profile image used without permission* ;)
« Reply #210 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 16:40:06 »
I’d be happy with both homing options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're a smooth smoothie, you know? ~ Gaear Grimsrud

Offline nastrovje

« Reply #211 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 19:02:04 »

Wouldn't want you to pay for anything you don't need. I thought about an add-on kit for the most popular set. Same as I don't want to pay for a whole keyset just to get a few Tulip keys.

UK Kit needs only a small amount of keys and I think you underestimate the amount of germans on Deskthority. MOQ 100 is probably still too much unfortunately.

But what alternative to BSP do you even have? The draw is to get a PBT set with these  legends in the good quality. The OG Cherry PBT Arabic set is 700$+ probably if its similar to Cyrillic. If he offers only with int'l kit for 30$ more you would most likely still buy.
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 March 2018, 19:04:00 by nastrovje »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #212 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 19:10:13 »

Wouldn't want you to pay for anything you don't need. I thought about an add-on kit for the most popular set. Same as I don't want to pay for a whole keyset just to get a few Tulip keys.

UK Kit needs only a small amount of keys and I think you underestimate the amount of germans on Deskthority. MOQ 100 is probably still too much unfortunately.

But what alternative to BSP do you even have? The draw is to get a PBT set with these  legends in the good quality. The OG Cherry PBT Arabic set is 700$+ probably if its similar to Cyrillic. If he offers only with int'l kit for 30$ more you would most likely still buy.

OG arabic is blank check, only 3 sets have ever been found

BSP has everything included in this image and that's it

the spacebar is ABS made by GMK, since BSP doesn't have the molds for spacebars

Offline equalunique

« Reply #213 on: Sat, 03 March 2018, 23:55:46 »
Count me in for the APL set. :)

Offline Hammer

Re: [IC]Hammer Dye-sub BSP Group buy-Round4(Update 3/04# Add No homing FJ)
« Reply #214 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 06:22:46 »
UPDATE Mar 04#added items='No homing F&J in every set'; ;)

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #215 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 09:09:54 »

Show Image

Out of curiosity, how would one identify between an OG set and a more recent BSP one? PBT spacebar or something? I know **** all about retro stuff

Offline Nafs_asp

« Reply #216 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 09:17:05 »

Show Image

Out of curiosity, how would one identify between an OG set and a more recent BSP one? PBT spacebar or something? I know **** all about retro stuff

There will be discernible differences side by side with Cherry dye subs and BSP. The legends on Cherry will be finer and Cherry sets come with scooped homing keys. BSP also has warped shifts (“banana shifts”) and BSP sets have a few keys marked “BSP” on the under side.

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #217 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 09:24:14 »

Show Image

There will be discernible differences side by side with Cherry dye subs and BSP. The legends on Cherry will be finer and Cherry sets come with scooped homing keys. BSP also has warped shifts (“banana shifts”) and BSP sets have a few keys marked “BSP” on the under side.

Ah I see, thanks for the info.

Offline Unforgivable

Re: [IC]Hammer Dye-sub BSP Group buy Round4(Update 3/04# Add No homing FJ)
« Reply #218 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 11:13:15 »
Can we get both homing dots and non homing dots? I can’t imagine 2 extra keycaps pushing the price up too much. I’d like everyone to win here. :(

Edit: Wait, I think based on the update they’re added now? Not replaced right?

Woot! Maybe we can get a 1u Row 4 |\ (For Split Backspace)? If not, I don’t mind. Just glad we get both F/J options now.
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 March 2018, 11:16:49 by Unforgivable »

Offline Hammer

Re: [IC]Hammer Dye-sub BSP Group buy Round4(Update 3/04# Add No homing FJ)
« Reply #219 on: Sun, 04 March 2018, 14:53:04 »
Can we get both homing dots and non homing dots? I can’t imagine 2 extra keycaps pushing the price up too much. I’d like everyone to win here. :(

Edit: Wait, I think based on the update they’re added now? Not replaced right?

Woot! Maybe we can get a 1u Row 4 |\ (For Split Backspace)? If not, I don’t mind. Just glad we get both F/J options now.
They won't raise the price. ;)

Offline Hammer

Re: [IC]Hammer Dye-sub BSP Group buy Round4(Update 3/04# Add No Homing FJ)
« Reply #220 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 07:29:29 »
So there are two versions of base of tulip. If you like the simple looking just choose the OG set. If you like that with blue Greek legends, choose the GK one

UPDATE Mar 05#added items='Tulip OG Set'; ;)
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 March 2018, 08:00:06 by Hammer »

Offline fublamchu

• ㅋㅋㅋ
Re: [IC]Hammer Dye-sub BSP Group buy Round4(Update 3/05# Add OG Tulip Set)
« Reply #221 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 07:33:12 »
Is there an estimate as to when this gb will start?
LZ-CE VBlacks
910-CE

Offline hansichen

« Reply #222 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 07:46:33 »
Will we get icon mods like seen on the mockup in the first post in the tulip set? That would be awesome news for me!

Offline nastrovje

« Reply #223 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 21:26:06 »
Can we please be able to buy only the Tulip keys without set? I have so many standard sets already

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #224 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 22:21:08 »
Can we please be able to buy only the Tulip keys without set? I have so many standard sets already

no thank you

So there are two versions of base of tulip. If you like the simple looking just choose the OG set. If you like that with blue Greek legends, choose the GK one

UPDATE Mar 05#added items='Tulip OG Set'; ;)

like em both

the 1u keys are a nice touch

Offline nastrovje

« Reply #225 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 22:30:09 »

no thank you

Why are you against it puddsy? Why not offer both? Whole set and Tulip keys seperately?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #226 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 22:40:06 »

no thank you

Why are you against it puddsy? Why not offer both? Whole set and Tulip keys seperately?

most people don't have matching sets lying around, and sorting could be annoying

and MOQ is kinda big so that might take away from it for those of us that don't have matching sets
« Last Edit: Mon, 05 March 2018, 22:42:06 by Puddsy »

Offline Hammer

« Reply #227 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 22:57:23 »
Sorry I don't know how to calculate the cost of that.

Offline crtexcnndrm99

« Reply #228 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 05:55:58 »
Tulip mock up looks solid :thumb:

No question about it, I will have to get both Tulip and Arabic

Also, I vote for hebrew next round (I realise it was run previously, hence it not being in R4..)

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #229 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 07:56:42 »

Also, I vote for hebrew next round (I realise it was run previously, hence it not being in R4..)
Would love to see re-runs of every set eventually. Peacock, Irish, Cyrillic Red, Cyrillic Blue, Desko... Etc

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline Vigrith

Offline dblack

• Formerly ZuXzu
« Reply #231 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 10:44:42 »
Did some better photos of BSP Desko.
Show Image
BSP Desko by T0mb3ry, auf Flickr
Show Image
BSP Desko by T0mb3ry, auf Flickr
Show Image
BSP Desko left modifiers by T0mb3ry, auf Flickr
Show Image
BSP Desko right modifiers by T0mb3ry, auf Flickr
Show Image
BSP Desko navigation cluster by T0mb3ry, auf Flickr

desko is gorgeous man, i need  ^-^

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #232 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 11:54:56 »
It took me a lot of time to copy that from Cherry's original Arabic keycaps, I'll let the similarity reach 95%.

R4 GB List

• Arabic Ansi
  • APL Ansi
  • Tulip OG Ansi
  • Tulip GK Ansi
  • RGB Set
  • Retro Winkey Set

Tulip with Greek legends??? I wonder what this will look like! Sounds awesome

Mockup with Icon only legends too!! Is that accurate?
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 March 2018, 11:57:21 by sncbraxsc2 »

Offline hansichen

« Reply #233 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 12:51:49 »
Let's hope that the icon mods are accurate, that would sell me for a full set!

Offline crtexcnndrm99

« Reply #234 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 15:13:00 »

Would love to see re-runs of every set eventually. Peacock, Irish, Cyrillic Red, Cyrillic Blue, Desko... Etc

Yeah scratch that. Desko is the hottest set tbh

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #235 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 15:34:30 »

i love my OG desko set, so cannot be opposed to a BSP version

Offline Hammer

« Reply #236 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 18:46:52 »
It took me a lot of time to copy that from Cherry's original Arabic keycaps, I'll let the similarity reach 95%.

R4 GB List

• Arabic Ansi
  • APL Ansi
  • Tulip OG Ansi
  • Tulip GK Ansi
  • RGB Set
  • Retro Winkey Set

OG with the icon but not GK

Offline sncbraxsc2

• ⭐Domesticated Dweeb⭐
« Reply #237 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 19:10:22 »

R4 GB List

• Arabic Ansi
  • APL Ansi
  • Tulip OG Ansi
  • Tulip GK Ansi
  • RGB Set
  • Retro Winkey Set

OG with the icon but not GK

:eek: The way this looks, I may need one of everything...

Thank you

Offline crtexcnndrm99

« Reply #238 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 19:10:26 »

i love my OG desko set, so cannot be opposed to a BSP version
*flex* haha

But seriously, I agree desko is a sweet set, to try the OG would be amazing

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #239 on: Tue, 06 March 2018, 19:34:28 »
In for some tulips. Bloody lovely.

Offline Hammer

Re: [IC]Hammer Dye-sub BSP Group buy Round4(Update 3/12# Tulip GK Set confirm)
« Reply #240 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 01:45:19 »
Hey guys, we've worked out the Tulip GK Set at last, and here is the render :D
I chose Parthenon as the Winkey, wish you like it.
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 March 2018, 01:48:04 by Hammer »

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
Re: [IC]Hammer Dye-sub BSP Group buy Round4(Update 3/12# Tulip GK Set confirm)
« Reply #241 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 01:47:51 »
Hey guys, we've worked out the Tulip GK Set at last, and here is the render :D
Love it!!! The Greek sublegends are a great addition. Can't wait for the buy!

Offline Hammer

Re: [IC]Hammer Dye-sub BSP Group buy Round4(Update 3/13# Vote on ANSI APL)
« Reply #242 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 16:26:44 »
I created three kinds of ANSI APL Layouts but It's difficult to make a decision.
So let's vote on that.
  • ANSI DE
  • ANSI US
  • ANSI DE-US

Offline Nafs_asp

« Reply #243 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 16:35:03 »
ANSI US - I think if it is being done as an ANSI layout adapting it to US makes the most sense.

Offline Blackhawk

« Reply #244 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 16:38:12 »
ANSI US +1

Offline Hako

« Reply #245 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 16:50:06 »
Any chance for ansi us with icon mods?

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #246 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 17:03:05 »
I created three kinds of ANSI APL Layouts but It's difficult to make a decision.
So let's vote on that.
  • ANSI DE
  • ANSI US
  • ANSI DE-US

I would vote for ANSI US with icon mods.

But if that choice is not given, then ANSI-DE-US.

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #247 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 17:12:05 »
ANSI US. Yes please.

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #248 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 17:24:10 »
+1 for ANSI US

Offline Cavemann6

« Reply #249 on: Mon, 12 March 2018, 17:59:45 »
ANSI US