Author Topic: Help Needed with HID, Soarer Converter and Scancodes  (Read 1053 times)

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
Help Needed with HID, Soarer Converter and Scancodes
« on: Fri, 13 September 2013, 12:53:43 »
Hello Everyone

I have been making progress in my Model M122 modding, but there is still a lot of work to do. I have a few questions that I can’t easily solve while looking at Soarer's docs, maybe because I totally lack a background in programming. My last attempt at taking C++ ended in a D (worst in class grade), so I am no better than my avatar, Gutz, when it comes to technology.

Here are some questions that I hope somebody can help me with…

1)   I tried doing basic remaps. I was able to do so for many different keys. However, I found to my surprise that some keys were ignored on autohotkey. EG I did LShift to FN2, hoping to make it trigger a different function layer that I could later make changeson ahk. But autohotkey could not return a scancode for FN2, Europe_1, etc. Yet HIDlisten showed that they were working. But without a scancode, how can I program things in ahk?

2)   I don’t understand how to do the macroblock part of Soarer’s programming. For instance, I want some keys to return various versions of key combos such as Ctrl-W, Alt-U-B, Alt-+-, open specific websites or folders, move the mouse to different parts of the screen. Are there any better sources than just soarer's docs? These seem to be targeted at experienced programmers. I am quite willing to do part of the programming on the teensy and part on autohotkey if it’s easier, but what puzzles me is that some ‘nonstandard’ keys that I programmed on Soarer are not being recognized by ahk. At least I need to understand what Ahk calls them so that I can name them in my scripts!

3)   I would like to learn how to do layerblock. Soarer instructions are only two lines, which I don’t understand, being a guy who dropped out of C++ class after scoring a D.

4)   I would like to create two layers for the Enter key on the bottom right. When numlock is off, I want it to be Enter like on standard layouts. When numlock is on, I want it to return =. How do I create two layers for one key, such that it returns different things when numlock, or scrolllock, or capslock, or Fn1, is on?

I also have a problem thread on http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=48505.0. I have gotten my Model F XT adapter to work flawlessly on one F XT, but I have another F XT that seems to be in pristine physical condition (apart from smashed external casings), yet all keys fail to register – ie not just one or two hammers. I’m thinking something is shorted out somehow, but can’t figure out what’s wrong. I certainly did not lay it across my lap; I tested it in its casing. There were no other crossed wires or things that appeared out of place. If anyone has suggestions, I welcome them!
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline wcass

Re: Help Needed with HID, Soarer Converter and Scancodes
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 14 September 2013, 13:53:38 »
i'll help build your Soarer's .SC file. please post your file so far and a picture or description of what you want it to do. you can mark this one up if you like.
35423-0
35425-1