Author Topic: [IC] Hubble Mira Custom TKL (GB is 3... 2... 1... launched!)  (Read 575474 times)

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
Re: [IC] Hubble Mira Custom TKL (GB Coming soon!)
« Reply #2400 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 20:26:25 »
Aren't all those other buys basically fairly light gray with a blue tint?  This blue gray looks quite different, like slightly faded medium blue.

Hmm, I think a lot of them are similar enough (though this may be slightly different). I kind of feel it's caught in between being neutral and being blue, which is an odd space to occupy when I'd like to match with a blue keyset. Thus the dark blue vote. Though if it was meant to stand alone it is not a bad color.

Offline rustywok

« Reply #2401 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 21:30:08 »
I'm in the market for a TKL so this buy couldn't have gone active at a better time. I'm in for a board.

I was torn between dark blue and blue grey but finally picked dark blue. The pale blue-grey looks like it could easily tilt toward magenta. When I order I'll probably go with straight grey or silver, possibly black.

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #2402 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 21:48:59 »
I'm in the market for a TKL so this buy couldn't have gone active at a better time. I'm in for a board.

I was torn between dark blue and blue grey but finally picked dark blue. The pale blue-grey looks like it could easily tilt toward magenta. When I order I'll probably go with straight grey or silver, possibly black.

magenta?? you gotta get your eyes checked bro
EM7 | Nunu | Salamander | RF84u | SS AEK64

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2403 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 22:50:13 »
Could we possibly get an updated gdoc of the first 57 to make sure everything is correct?
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2404 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 23:35:28 »
Could we possibly get an updated gdoc of the first 57 to make sure everything is correct?

At this point in time I'm not sure how to display the numbers.
Certain people failed to put down their usernames on the initial form and the only way I have of tracking said people is via email. Of course, I cannot post that kind of information publicly.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2405 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 23:36:38 »

Certain people failed to put down their usernames on the initial form and the only way I have of tracking said people is via email. Of course, I cannot post that kind of information publicly.
Maybe block out half of their email with ****'s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2407 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 23:45:36 »

Fortunately, the first 57 actually do know how to use forms. I won't name names, mostly because I don't actually have names to name, but some people thought their username was "geekhack".
Alas, here is the list:
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2408 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 23:46:46 »

Fortunately, the first 57 actually do know how to use forms. I won't name names, mostly because I don't actually have names to name, but some people thought their username was "geekhack".
Alas, here is the list:
Show Image

Thanks frosty!

Offline logomachy

« Reply #2409 on: Sat, 21 January 2017, 00:27:53 »
feels good being on the list and blue-gray at the top of the poll

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
[IC] Hubble Mira Custom TKL (GB Coming soon!)
« Reply #2410 on: Sat, 21 January 2017, 00:48:44 »
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 January 2017, 00:53:37 by breusch91 »

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
[IC] Hubble Mira Custom TKL (GB Coming soon!)
« Reply #2411 on: Sat, 21 January 2017, 00:51:39 »
damn dark blue closing in on blue-grey
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 January 2017, 10:42:44 by breusch91 »

Offline E3E

« Reply #2412 on: Sat, 21 January 2017, 01:34:19 »
Wasn't Dark Blue at the top before? I forget, but I know one of them had a strong lead.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #2413 on: Sat, 21 January 2017, 01:51:05 »
dark blue ftw

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #2414 on: Sat, 21 January 2017, 07:17:52 »
So... how about Grey? it's still Light Grey or would become Dark Grey ?

Offline rabbitfire

« Reply #2415 on: Sat, 21 January 2017, 10:31:41 »

I have the same question. Grey vs Silver confuses me.

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #2416 on: Sat, 21 January 2017, 14:18:25 »
Where is the order form? Please, provide a link?

It hasn't started yet. Plan iis next Saturday. Open to ALL for 2 weeks

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #2417 on: Sat, 21 January 2017, 14:23:38 »

Grey is a color like this :

Silver is essentially clear anodizing over a machined and finished bare aluminum keyboard

That was taken outside.

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #2418 on: Sat, 21 January 2017, 17:11:19 »

Offline asgeirtj

« Reply #2419 on: Sat, 21 January 2017, 19:00:20 »
I notice in the newest prototype there is some kind og plastic or something in the middle of the board, is it possible to omit this if one doesnt care about leds?
Leopold FC900 w/ 67g Purple Zealios - Silver Duck Octagon w/ 62 Purple Zealios

Offline E3E

« Reply #2420 on: Sat, 21 January 2017, 19:46:10 »
I notice in the newest prototype there is some kind og plastic or something in the middle of the board, is it possible to omit this if one doesnt care about leds?

It's built into the design and integral

Offline hanoipho

« Reply #2421 on: Sun, 22 January 2017, 00:37:25 »

Show Image

Silver is essentially clear anodizing over a machined and finished bare aluminum keyboard
Show Image

That was taken outside.

I like this color. I think it's something between grey and silver. Have no idea what I should put in order form!

158224-0
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 January 2017, 01:34:17 by hanoipho »

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #2422 on: Sun, 22 January 2017, 01:45:27 »

Show Image

Show Image

That was taken outside.
Gray looks pretty nice. What material is the insert in that photo?

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #2423 on: Sun, 22 January 2017, 07:50:09 »
I keep seeing questions about the insert. This model was designed with the insert incorporated into the design. Here is an exploded drawing of it.

As you can see there are "tabs" where the screws go through that will be flush with the plate/diffuser. I will ask what the diffuser is made of and get back to you on that. I should have the prototypes tomorrow.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #2424 on: Sun, 22 January 2017, 20:34:35 »
I voted blue-grey but I'd be happy with dark blue too... the more I look at them, the more I can't decide  :confused:
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #2425 on: Sun, 22 January 2017, 21:28:26 »
So 45 people voted for a shade of pink...  Something tells me there won't be 45 people ordering pink Mira parts ;)  (unless somehow some were voting for both shades, which would make no sense!)
« Last Edit: Sun, 22 January 2017, 21:30:03 by Photoelectric »
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Mr_BeastQuake

• Reddit
« Reply #2426 on: Sun, 22 January 2017, 22:56:46 »
So 45 people voted for a shade of pink...  Something tells me there won't be 45 people ordering pink Mira parts ;)  (unless somehow some were voting for both shades, which would make no sense!)

Prior to the pole going up, my impression was to vote for the color you plan on ordering. However, the current pole description seems like the voter should vote for both a shade of pink and blue. I personally didn't because I knew what was intended but maybe that is skewing a bit.

Offline E3E

« Reply #2427 on: Sun, 22 January 2017, 23:01:29 »
I voted blue-grey but I'd be happy with dark blue too... the more I look at them, the more I can't decide  :confused:

Blue grey is an intriguing color, more off-beat and different, but I ultimately find dark blue to seem more appealing.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #2428 on: Sun, 22 January 2017, 23:26:24 »
wow. that acrylic looks reallllly thin in some places... hope extras are ordered in case of damage during shipping. just sayin

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #2429 on: Sun, 22 January 2017, 23:29:19 »
Any chance of releasing the file for the acrylic spacer? I'm thinking about getting a stainless steel one made

Offline Sylanthra

« Reply #2430 on: Sun, 22 January 2017, 23:54:49 »
Any chance of releasing the file for the acrylic spacer? I'm thinking about getting a stainless steel one made

That sounds like a great look. Maybe we can have a stainless steel spacer as an add on?

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #2431 on: Mon, 23 January 2017, 01:05:21 »
This one will be my first custom board. Can't wait, dark blue looks fantastic. What's wrong with me??? I can't sleep, I'm counting the days till this GB round. Were there any other people like me here when they started getting in into this keyboard/keycaps madness???

Offline nsmechkb

« Reply #2432 on: Mon, 23 January 2017, 07:19:31 »
This one will be my first custom board. Can't wait, dark blue looks fantastic. What's wrong with me??? I can't sleep, I'm counting the days till this GB round. Were there any other people like me here when they started getting in into this keyboard/keycaps madness???

You aren't alone.  I don't know what it is about keyboards.  There is an enormous variety of tactile, visual, and auditory combinations.  They are tools of craft that nearly anyone, anywhere can work with.  They endure; longer than computers, apartments, jobs--and so on.  There are budget models, high-end stock, custom builds, and the products of highly exclusive group buys that will never happen again.

I don't know what it is, but it's a mental game to play during times of boredom; something to dwell on when you should be doing something else.

Anyway. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Best of luck!

Offline diqkiq

« Reply #2433 on: Tue, 24 January 2017, 00:03:09 »
I was revisiting the original pics and I came across the weight with "Dr. Hubble" prominently displayed at the top. While I would definitely want to give credit to the designer, he is not the one bringing us this board. If it is possible to change the plate at this point, with being so close to the GB, perhaps it should first read "Brought to Life By: Ninjadoc" and then give credit to the designer.
Just my opinion but I feel this way because I know from experience that creating something takes a lot more effort than just coming up with a cool idea.
Filco Majestouch TKL, Noppoo Choc Mini, Realforce 87 55g, Model M TKL, Ducky Shine 3 TKL, KC60, Planck.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #2434 on: Tue, 24 January 2017, 00:05:01 »
i'll take a blank plate, plz

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #2435 on: Tue, 24 January 2017, 10:42:50 »

Yup. I'm only just now coming around to going with the flow and passing on group buys.

The worst was the first Clackvent. My life completely changed for ~1 month.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline ninjadoc

« Reply #2436 on: Tue, 24 January 2017, 10:54:29 »
I was revisiting the original pics and I came across the weight with "Dr. Hubble" prominently displayed at the top. While I would definitely want to give credit to the designer, he is not the one bringing us this board. If it is possible to change the plate at this point, with being so close to the GB, perhaps it should first read "Brought to Life By: Ninjadoc" and then give credit to the designer.
Just my opinion but I feel this way because I know from experience that creating something takes a lot more effort than just coming up with a cool idea.

It is going to blank except for the numbered ones which will be simply number.
Yes he came up with the basic design - there are probably 4 elements left from his design - the two suns, the name, the weight as two suns which was considered for removal, and the side curve. The most significant is the side curve with the front "foot". and the binary suns.

I actually looked at changing but the logo and the curve - I know the curve has been altered due to the thinness of the metal in one area that would not tolerate anodizing

Also the back was changed due to machining cost

Plate mounting was copied directly from the 360C which is "neat" but difficult to reproduce and was not liked by the machinist to CNC

Credit is due to Hubble with his initial concept, but there have been multiple revisions by both Yuk Tsi and by Asilan. Realistically one could make the case for putting all three names on so I'm leaving all off. 

Offline ika

« Reply #2437 on: Tue, 24 January 2017, 11:41:39 »
Not sure if this has been asked but will the final product support switch top removal in the plate?

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #2438 on: Tue, 24 January 2017, 17:36:57 »
Not sure if this has been asked but will the final product support switch top removal in the plate?
I believe the OP has been kept up to date thanks to Photoelectric, but I'd be happy to be wrong about this!

I expect to be able to offer stainless steel and aluminum plates and the aluminum plates can be anodized. The plates do not allow switch top removal, that may change depending on time available to make that change.
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline rabbitfire

« Reply #2439 on: Tue, 24 January 2017, 23:09:02 »
Just 3 more days. Hope everything is on schedule!  :thumb:

Offline fi0x

« Reply #2440 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 00:47:18 »
I don't believe there's any assembly service offered at this time (please correct me if I'm wrong).  You'd need to arrange it with someone if you don't want to solder in switches yourself.

If I remember correctly, the first 57 had the option of assembly service provided as one of the perks. Is that still a thing or not anymore?
Along hand with that question, will Zealios switches also be part of the group buy as original hinted at, or is that also not a thing anymore?
Sorry for the late question.

Thanks for bringing Mira to life!
~I̶ ̶a̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶k̶e̶y̶b̶o̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶g̶e̶e̶k̶ ̶(̶I̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶)̶ I am a keyboard geek~

Offline E3E

« Reply #2441 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 01:21:12 »
If anyone needs assembly services, I'd be willing to help. Feel free to contact me. I've done work for multiple customers over this year back to 2015 as well as my own projects! I've worked on vintage boards, OEM boards, as well as all sorts of customs, including Duck, Leeku, GON, LZ, KMAC, and OTD, as well as the Mira prototype I purchased.

I'm familiar with Leeku's PCBs and Jig On as well as switch and board-wide tuning services as well as more niche requests such as hot swap modding (holtite sockets, Alps included). I'm always willing to tackle a hurdle to the best of my abilities. :)

I'm also able to make custom cables, but I'm not sure if I'll offer services for that unless you're really, really bent on it. There's plenty of lovely cable makers out there.

So yeah, I'm always willing to help. Basic assembly would be cheap, but switch tuning takes quite a while; the more fine tuning you ask for, of course the more time will be needed for such things.
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 January 2017, 01:23:56 by E3E »

Offline flopix

• Laur
« Reply #2442 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 02:42:14 »
I can assemble too for EU fellows. So far I've built an ErgoDox classic and I'll build my Mira first to train my hand :)

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #2443 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 05:06:14 »
Since we are already at the topic.

I certainly wouldn't mind assembling a few boards for people in the EU that might be intimidated by it but really want one of these boards. The only thing is that I'm rather new to the community and only did assembly for close friends until now. I built 10-ish boards over the last 3/4 year, ranging from switch-swaps in OEM boards over to Holtites in a Duck Black Bird, I recently assembled a TX87, which uses a PCB made by Leeku and am now pretty familiar with the software and all.

I'd rather not offer any switch tuning though, because switch tuning is more of user preference, so you'd get something that is made to my liking, not yours (it also takes forever to lube a whole set of switches).

I'd offer assembly for a really good price, mainly because I enjoy building boards, but also because I don't have any rep for my services yet. PM me for further info and all.

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #2444 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 13:28:57 »
If anyone in the San Francisco Bay Area wants assembly or to learn basic soldering, I can help. I've assembled an Octagon V2, B.face X2, WhiteFox, Infinity with Matias switches, MiniVan, and swapped switches on a TADA68 and WASD V2.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #2445 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 20:47:33 »
Prototype MIRA photos from ninjadoc:

http://imgur.com/a/AAydJ

(keep in mind that these were taken indoors in artificial light, so they are not perfectly accurate).
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 January 2017, 21:00:28 by Photoelectric »
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #2446 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 20:52:21 »

(keep in mind that these were taken indoors in artificial light, so they are not perfectly accurate).

I want that "Night Sky Blue" color please....   :eek:

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #2447 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 21:06:46 »

I want that "Night Sky Blue" color please....   :eek:

Me too mate, it's awesome.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #2448 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 21:06:56 »

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff that lunar grey looks amazing. Why must you do this to me.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #2449 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 21:15:16 »
yo night sky blue?

that's my ****