Author Topic: Missing a capacitor on Teensy-LC  (Read 2051 times)

Offline ineph

• nostalgic procrastinator
  • Do you know the Venus Project??
Missing a capacitor on Teensy-LC
« on: Sun, 22 August 2021, 01:38:39 »
I have this Teensy-LC from an old failed project and now I'm studiyng the possibility to re-use it but its missing a capacitor. Accotding to  Schematics and Component Location, the missing one is the C4, witch is connected to pins 1 (VDD), 5 (VOUT33),22 (VDD) and 9 (VDDA) from the bigger chip and pin 1 (VDD) from the small chip and also tirectly to two external 3.3v pins.

It's safe to say that the missing capacitor wont bring me future problems?
What are these VDD, VDDA and VOUT33 microchips pins?

I'm realy considering this because I wont use any of 3.3v external pins and would be very apreciated an oppinion from someone that don't unntentionally remove a smd when soldering, hehe.

For extra information, I want to make a new project with a 15x6 ortholinear keyboard but this is for another thread I guess.

Bla bla bla Stealthbla bla Blue

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Missing a capacitor on Teensy-LC
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 22 August 2021, 04:21:27 »
That's a power smoothing cap, assuming you are just planning to connect a switch matrix to the I/O pins you wont have a problem.  If you want to be sure there's no other damage plan the build and flash the  firmware, then simulate pressing keys by shorting the row holes to the column holes on the Teensy - if that works the keyboard will :)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline ineph

• nostalgic procrastinator
  • Do you know the Venus Project??
Re: Missing a capacitor on Teensy-LC
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 24 August 2021, 18:26:08 »
That's good news! I making the firmware yet so it can take some time to test but thank you! :thumb:

Bla bla bla Stealthbla bla Blue