Author Topic: Cherry vintage beige/white 101 us ansi Kit  (Read 81927 times)

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

Cherry vintage beige/white 101 us ansi Kit
« on: Tue, 25 January 2011, 02:48:58 »
Moogle kit (Cherry vintage key supplement kit) joint project by Moogle +7bit + geekhack community who vote for the kit

*updated

12/2/2011
Revised the core kit yet again.
The following below were dropped
- clarified that the other capslock was dropped, seeing as Sixty's doubleshot will already have a compatible Cherry keyboard capslock.
- Command keys have been dropped since only 1 person wanted it, and their ok with just blanks. Getting both blanks and command key is kinda a bit much.
- Function row keys were dropped (F1-F12 + 4 media keys)

11/2/2011
- Added the final Core Kit design. This is the official core kit.
- Deleted out dated info
- 7bit is currently taking orders, so read below how to order from 7bit. Do it soon, because we are wrapping this up very soon.
- updated price list added

Firstly, Sixty's Cherry Double Shot Keys (US ANSI, Beige) can be bought from here

http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?t=14240

This set i am proposing is a patch kit for Sixty's 101 us ansi double shot set, for a more modern keyboard with 104+ keys keyboard meaning they have windows and menu key etc. Also that those keys are all sized 1.25''

The 101 set currently has 1.75'' for the big keys, so they are not compatible with say a Ducky keyboard and etc.

So why not get the remaining keys from donor Cherry boards ?? Well they are very scarce (especially for the white/beige color scheme) as was explained in this other thread

http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?p=284324#post284324

But not only that, but seems Cherry did not make doubleshots for windows and menu key. Those are pad printed. So the only keys doubleshot are alt and control for that bottom row.

So the best option is to create a kit for it that roughly has the same color, font, font size and is also doubleshot (it's a rough approximation and the key texture won't be the same, but it's better than mismatched colored keys on your keyboard)

Moogle kit *update

Core kit:

2 x alt
2 x control
2 x windows logo keys
1 x spacebar
1 x menu key
1 x Caps Lock (centered stemmed to be compatible with Ducky/Filco etc) UNSTEPPED
2 x blank 1.25'' keys (windows logo key alternative)
1 x Right shift (compatibility for some sets that came from 1800 series keyboards)

$24/10
$18/15
$15/20
$13/25

What changed?
The following below were dropped
- clarified that the other capslock was dropped, seeing as Sixty's doubleshot will already have a compatible Cherry keyboard capslock.
- Command keys have been dropped since only 1 person wanted it, and their ok with just blanks. Getting both blanks and command key is kinda a bit much.
- Function row keys were dropped (F1-F12 + 4 media keys)

This core kit has 2 choices of colors. Either white/beige (with black fonts) or black (with white fonts)

Moogle White/Beige ..........  (MOOGLEWHITE)
Moogle Black ................     (MOOGLEBLACK)

7bit: OK, here are the prices for the version with the additional 2 blanks:

$24/10
$18/15
$15/20
$13/25

Before another riot starts: The right-hand shift is 2.3x expansive than the 2 blanks and alos not necessary for everybody. Leaving it out, we would have $20/10 and $11/25.

Extras:

LED window keys will have a rectangular, upright window at the bottom of the top surface.
Cherry-style LED-windows can't be produced by SP for this key family.

LED-window key (white) ....... $4 / 25 (FUNCTLEDWHITE)
LED-window key (beige) ....... $4 / 25 (FUNCTLEDBEIGE)
LED-window key (black) ....... $4 / 25 (FUNCTLEDBLACK)
LED-window Caps (beige) ...... $6 / 15 (CAPSLEDBEIGE)
LED-window Caps (black) ...... $6 / 15 (CAPSLEDBLACK)

We don't have a picture to show, but this is the previous Ducky Kit.

Geek Hackers interested in a set

1. Moogle beige/white + 3 led windowed keys

2. Moogle beige/white

3. calavera beige/white

4. calavera beige/white

5. calavera black with white fonts (with right shift)

6. calavera black with white fonts (with right shift)

7. Lootbag beige/white

8. nathanscribe beige/white (one blank 1.25 bottom row modifier, and a pair of "command" keys at 1.25, and three function-row singles labelled either "volume up/down/mute" or just blank)

9. keyboardlover beige/white + 1 x windowed led key (grey)

10. keyboardlover beige/white

11. manfaux black with white fonts

12. Citna beige/white

13. kidchunks beige/white + 1 x right shift key

14. kidchunks beige/white

15. kidchunks black with white fonts. +1 right shift keys

16. Minskleip beige/white

17. qnoxluke beige/white

18. Lenny_Nero ?

19. .XL black

Those interested in ordering a set or 2, please send your orders to 7bit_vote in the following format
http://geekhack.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=6886

E.g:
MOOGLEWHITE 1
FUNCTLEDWHITE 3
FUNCTLEDBEIGE 2
CAPSLEDBEIGE 1
EMAIL email@youraddress.xxx

PS: i made a review how sixty's double shot keys would look over here

http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Island:14092

This is my own project for my Ducky keyboard to give you an idea what to do with sixty key set and this proposed kit

http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?p=284324#post284324

FAQ.

Q. So are you the one making this kit ?

A. Not exactly. I am proposing this kit to 7bit and he will forward it to Signature Plastic. Probably not in 7bit's current MO since it may be too late; but it can be proposed in the next mo by 7bit. So basically we are just gathering people interested first before this takes off.

Q. Can SP really make this kit ?

A. SP previously said this could be done (specifically the ducky kit), but it didn't go through because not enough people signed up for it. As such i have proposed a new kit with fewer keys and just a basic one for making the 101 Cherry double shots compatible for 104 + keys modern keyboards e.g. Ducky and others.

We could later also have a poll whether people want the full original ducky kit as well; or just leave it as this new basic proposed kit.

Q. What about the incompatible capslock for non cherry keyboards ?

A. We added in one compatible capslock for Filco/Ducky, and another for Cherry keyboards.

Q. How do i sign up for this kit ?

A. Just post in this thread if you are interested and i will add your name to the list. Once we have 25 or more i will forward it to 7bit.

Q. Why should this kit matter to me ?

A. Ok if you've tried white rice's signature plastic doubleshots, they include all the compatible keys. It's nice however old Cherry vintage double shots look better in my honest opinion. You can either go with the black caps and white fonts, or the even older beige/white vintage keys. Problem is the bottom row keys such as ctrl, alt, spacebar, windows, menu as well as capslock are not compatible. That is where this kit somes in to patch it up. You might be thinking, then why not get from donor Cherry boards to fill the gaps ?? Well problem is the windows and menu key are pad printed on the cherrys, and it's not easy to get  donor keys especially for the beige/white keys.

Short story is, that without this proposed kit, your keyboard would look like this. Notice how the bottom row is out of place in this beige/white color scheme. Those black keys are lasered if i'm not mistaken.

Q. What do cherry doubleshot and dye sublimated keys look like ?

A. Sixty was kind enough to post an array of Cherry authentic doubleshot and dye sublimated keycaps.
http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?t=15038

Q. I got Cherry dye sublimated keycaps. Would this doubleshot kit work well with it ?

A. Honestly i don't see why not. Obviously they won't look exactly the same, but they both have good contrast. And that's what is  important.

Q. Why is the Moogle kit so expensive @ 28USD for the Moogle White core kit ?

A. Well there are 31 keys in the core kit. It comes to roughly 1.1 USD per key which is pretty good considering. The best part is, it can get cheaper the more people who sign up ! So hurry now and sign up for more kits so we can reduce the price some more.

For this cherry double shot anti otaku, they resorted to using ugly blanks.

And a ducky 9008 without the kit would look like this. I used white rice's doubleshots for the bottom row, but even then it's not matching color as the beige/white :{

« Last Edit: Sat, 12 February 2011, 20:25:24 by Moogle Stiltzkin »
"So long as we do not depend on the facts entirely, incomplete knowledge is better than complete ignorance."

:bounce:

Current gaming keyboard: Ducky DK-9008 with Cherry Beige/White doubleshots (Cherry Mx Brown)

For my 2nd pc: Cherry G80-1095 HAU Revision 00 (Cherry Mx Black)

Dye subbed keys harvested from NCR 3299-k440-v001 G80-3007 SAU. Casing donated to Mike.
[/FONT]

Free mechanical keyboard + other gear click here![/color]

Offline nathanscribe

« Reply #1 on: Fri, 28 January 2011, 16:03:57 »
If you add at least one blank 1.25 bottom row modifier, and a pair of "command" keys at 1.25, and three function-row singles labelled either "volume up/down/mute" or just blank, I'd go with that.

I have needs. :-)
Conquering the world with BASIC since 1982

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 28 January 2011, 18:32:14 »
I can understand the command key if your a mac user.

But blanks ? In case you think the control and alt fonts aren't so matching as you had thought ?

I think we can consider adding the commands into the set, but the blanks maybe add a poll later ?

Need to see how much this might all cost :x

10-15 USD for this kit is what i'm looking for. But it all depends on what SP say.

So mind if i put you down for a set first ?
"So long as we do not depend on the facts entirely, incomplete knowledge is better than complete ignorance."

Current gaming keyboard: Ducky DK-9008 with Cherry Beige/White doubleshots (Cherry Mx Brown)

Dye subbed keys harvested from NCR 3299-k440-v001 G80-3007 SAU. Casing donated to Mike.
[/FONT]

Offline calavera

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 28 January 2011, 19:14:48 »
Please make one of my order for a beige/white kit instead of two black/white kits.

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 28 January 2011, 20:34:49 »
Updated.

[/FONT]

Offline calavera

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 28 January 2011, 20:42:39 »
Is it possible to ask for double shot thickness key caps without letters? Just curious.

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 28 January 2011, 21:06:06 »
What does that mean ?

You mean as thick as cherry keys ? I doubt they can. It's gonna be as thin as White Rice's and 7bits sets. It's already been asked before :{

But honestly it's not going to matter. Cherry thickness is nice but the SP ones are just fine.

[/FONT]

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 29 January 2011, 22:50:26 »
I'm in for one beige/white set!

Offline nathanscribe

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 30 January 2011, 08:02:20 »
Quote from: Moogle Stiltzkin;286620
I can understand the command key if your a mac user.

But blanks ? In case you think the control and alt fonts aren't so matching as you had thought ?

I think we can consider adding the commands into the set, but the blanks maybe add a poll later ?

Ah no, it has nothing to do with font.

The 1.25 blank would be to replace the Menu key, which has no function at all on a Mac.  I currently have a blank there on my Filco as I found the printed one distracting.

The volume keys I have mapped to Print/Scroll/Pause, and currently use Filco blanks (again, I found the printed ones distracting).

I can live with a menu key if I have to, it's not the end of the world - but I'd be surprised (well, maybe) if adding a single blank modifier to each kit added vastly to the price.  Adding three single-width blanks to each kit, or ones labelled for volume, is probably something fairly specific, so I could understand missing that out.  We Mac users seem to be in a minority here...

I wonder if it would be possible to include (or add as an option) a small number of 1.25 blanks and single blanks, for general purpose user-end customisation?
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 January 2011, 08:05:59 by nathanscribe »

Offline Soarer

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 30 January 2011, 08:20:00 »
Don't you mean beige and ivory?

Anyway, I think I'm in for two sets of them, and maybe two of the black as well :-)

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 30 January 2011, 08:46:38 »
@nathan

I guess we could have blanks 1.25'' like an option for those that don't like windows key. But i think we need to poll that one at the end once we get enough people so we can see what everyone is agreeable on. But if it's blank you want, you probably should check with 7Bit since i am pretty sure he has a blank set, maybe you can check if you can get some blank 1.25'' black keycaps.

@soarer well whatever white and grey shading Sixty's double shots are.

Ok added you. Actually i might want to order a black set extra myself hm... i'll put myself down for that as well.

hm 14 more to go.
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 January 2011, 08:50:09 by Moogle Stiltzkin »

[/FONT]

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 30 January 2011, 08:50:11 »
Quote from: Soarer;287221
Don't you mean beige and ivory?

Anyway, I think I'm in for two sets of them, and maybe two of the black as well :-)

These keys should match the color of keys of old Cherry keyboards as close as possible.

With your 2 it will make 7 for the beige/white kit, so I think it would be sufficient to include it at a reasonable price.
Buy key caps here: Round 5
Buy switches here: CherryMX

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 30 January 2011, 08:58:16 »
7bit is right.

I'm already using white rice's black white double shots with sixty's double shots, and honestly the font and size is roughly the same like e.g capslock etc.

But this proposed kit would tweak it to make it just a little bit more so. And color should be about right. texture on keys will be different (as in grainy like White rice's and 7bits full kit), not the smooth slipperiness of the Cherry doubleshot, but hei i can live with that.

Just an update on what this kit is.

Core kit: 2 x alt, 2 x control, 2 x windows, spacebar, 1 x menu key, 1 x capslock centered stemmed to be compatible with Ducky etc.

Extras: 2 x blank 1.25'' keys (only can buy in pairs basically). I think most people would be agreeable with this.

non essential extras: (extras to be polled how many would be interested in adding to the core kit)

1. F1-F7 with media key symbols for Ducky keyboard. Like this isn't a compulsory part of the kit. When we get enough people, we will do a poll if they mind including this as part of the core kit, depending on how much it will cost.

2. 2 x Command keys 1.25'' Honestly i am not sure how many people want this, so it will have to be voted on once we have enough people. Need to tally in how much this will add to cost and if people are willing to pay that extra.

3. Print/Scroll/Pause with media symbols. The media symbols won't be able to fit on the top, so it will have to be pad printed on the bottom side of the key. SP i am told can do this but it will cost a lot more. Seems only the Filco crowd may be interested. To be honest i don't think most people would want this. You might have to do a separate kit for this one, but anyway, we will do a poll at the end.

4. Ducky 4 media keys for top right.

5. Windowed keys

Primarily we are doing the kit for Sixty's cherry beige/white set. The black caps with white fonts is just something extra to get the Filco anti otakus (who use black white cherry doubleshots) who have the same dilemma interested in joining :x
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 January 2011, 09:11:26 by Moogle Stiltzkin »

[/FONT]

Offline lootbag

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 30 January 2011, 09:48:58 »
woohoo, I was worried this actually might not have a chance at happening at all.
keep it up everyone!

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 30 January 2011, 10:38:25 »
Does it have to be 25 people? If we order multiple sets will that help? I'd be willing to do that if it helps this thing get off the ground.

Offline lootbag

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 30 January 2011, 10:41:36 »
I would order more... but I don't even have a Cherry MX keyboard in possession at the moment.
I just want to complete the set of keycaps I already have haha.
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 January 2011, 10:43:50 by lootbag »

Offline sixty

• http://deskthority.net
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 30 January 2011, 10:43:40 »
I'm trying to find the Signature Plastic color ring that I have somewhere so I could help you guys to pic the right shade of color... sadly I can't find it. Must be at home, not at the office. Will check tonight.

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 30 January 2011, 11:44:54 »
yeah multiple sets. doesn't have to be 25 people, just 25 sets.

I alone could not afford 25, so thats why i'm asking around.

Thx sixty. The key ring looks like this

Need to find out the exact color for the white and beige for ABS preferably (since doubleshots is going to be in abs).

I think that the spacebar should be pbt. So once we get 25 set orders, we can do a poll whether they want to have a pbt spacebar, and leave the rest of the keys as abs.
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 January 2011, 11:49:20 by Moogle Stiltzkin »

[/FONT]

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #18 on: Sun, 30 January 2011, 11:49:30 »
In that case put me down for another white set (2 total) and a black set.

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #19 on: Sun, 30 January 2011, 11:58:11 »
updated.

Now we need 12 more sets :X

Keyboardlover i just saw your pic. Yeah same predicament as i :X but for bottom row i am using the doubleshots from white rice's set.

PS: if possible can someone please spread the word to OCN, KBC or other forums as well. This would widen the scope of people who know about the kit :}

I'd do it but i can't post in both forum trade areas :{

@sixty need to know what key cap profile these cherry beige/whites are if possible :}
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 January 2011, 12:16:52 by Moogle Stiltzkin »

[/FONT]

Offline calavera

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 30 January 2011, 17:32:00 »
If a right side shift in black/white is possible I'd buy another black set.

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 30 January 2011, 18:23:37 »
the shift keys work though :x so why replace ?

[/FONT]

Offline calavera

« Reply #22 on: Sun, 30 January 2011, 18:46:15 »
cherry double shots can be pulled from 1800's which have short right shift keys. 1800's are relatively easy to get.

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #23 on: Sun, 30 January 2011, 19:55:04 »
Ok i see. Ok then we will add that into the set then i guess.

[/FONT]

Offline calavera

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 30 January 2011, 21:33:27 »
Okay. Please put me down for TWO black/white and TWO white/beige sets with regular size right shift and centered capslock with each set.
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 January 2011, 21:35:59 by calavera »

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #25 on: Sun, 30 January 2011, 22:36:06 »
Ok done. Also added the right shift into the main kit.

We need 10 more sets now. So if 5 people were to take 2 sets each then it will probably go faster.

[/FONT]

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #26 on: Mon, 31 January 2011, 07:46:09 »
Do you have a better idea about what the actual price per set will be? I think that will help a lot of people decide how many they want.

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 31 January 2011, 10:12:00 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;287690
Do you have a better idea about what the actual price per set will be? I think that will help a lot of people decide how many they want.

If this kit comes somewhere near 20 sets it would be around $20. At 10 sets it should be around $35.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #28 on: Mon, 31 January 2011, 10:15:37 »
Is that the total price or the price per set?

Offline calavera

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 31 January 2011, 10:17:35 »
I would assume price per set.

Offline 7bit

• MX1A-G1DW
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 31 January 2011, 11:12:31 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;287740
Is that the total price or the price per set?

Per set!

Please notice that is makes a difference if we use colors that are used already in other kits (higher volume) or just in one kit (at a very low volume).

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #31 on: Mon, 31 January 2011, 11:22:27 »
Shizz...I was thinking it'd be more like $10 per set. In this case, I can only afford 2 sets so Moogle I don't want that one black set anymore. Just 2 white sets for me.

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #32 on: Mon, 31 January 2011, 11:26:16 »
Ok will update after my starcraft 2 game.

[/FONT]

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 31 January 2011, 11:28:00 »
Quote from: Moogle Stiltzkin;287777
Ok will update after my starcraft 2 game.

Thanks...hope you're owning some noobs!

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 31 January 2011, 12:22:58 »
Yeah just pwned a few in storm of the imperial sanctum with my jackson hero.

[/FONT]

Offline nathanscribe

« Reply #35 on: Mon, 31 January 2011, 15:15:35 »
I'll be happy to go with the core kit described earlier, Moogle - and a couple of blanks to replace the window keys if you make them.  If you don't, at least the bulk of keys will match, though I'm not sure I could justify the higher price for such a small number of caps... hopefully enough people will sign up to keep costs down.

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 31 January 2011, 15:57:03 »
Well i don't mind adding the blank 1.25'' keys you mentioned. But we will need to see how much it will be without them. Got to lower cost as much as possible while remaining true to the core kit which is compulsory :x

[/FONT]

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #37 on: Mon, 31 January 2011, 16:32:57 »
updated the first thread with all the new details; as well as a picture comparison for Cherry G80-3000/Filco/Ducky keyboards without the proposed kit.

[/FONT]

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #38 on: Mon, 31 January 2011, 16:40:35 »
Quote from: calavera;287461
If a right side shift in black/white is possible I'd buy another black set.

Whats the size for the right shift you need ?

[/FONT]

Offline manfaux

« Reply #39 on: Mon, 31 January 2011, 21:11:46 »
im in, although I kinda got confused on which kit I should order..

I'm planning to put them on my ducky 1087, so @Moogle, which set would I need?

it will look like this? are black sets available?

sorry for the noobie questions.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #40 on: Mon, 31 January 2011, 21:43:08 »
Hi manfaux - no problem. Regarding the photo of my keyboard, this set is for JUST the bottom row (to complete the look of the keyboard); so the Ctrl, alt, win key, spacebar, and menu key. It was mainly created for those who purchase Sixty's 101 set of vintage white/gray Cherry doubleshots, which are what you see on my keyboard in the photo. I hope this clears things up; let me know if you have any questions.

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #41 on: Mon, 31 January 2011, 21:47:14 »
You can harvest black cherry doubleshots with white fonts from donor boards such as this G81-7910HPBUS POS Keyboard here

http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?t=14921

The anti otaku thread shows you how exactly they used it for a Filco 10 keyless

http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Island:6924&&highlight=otaku

So your choice is either sixty's beige/white cherry doubleshots, or the black cherry doubleshots from pos board.

Beige/white is rarer, and black is more easily obtainable in comparison.

The differences i saw was the following:

beige/white is 101 keys. No windows and menu keys, capslock, spacebar, alt and control don't fit.

black cherry doubleshots, the windows and menu key are provided but are pad printed, 0 and enter on numpad is small so might not fit a normal keyboard (Cherry 1800 boards are old styles, not the same like modern G80-3000 series or other modern keyboard layouts). Right shift key is smaller than a Filco/Duckys. The bottom row keys such as control, alt, etc don't seem to be the 1.25'' needed to fit filco/ducky keyboards. Somebody correct me if i am wrong.

Beige/white cherry double shots are considered rarer compared to the black cherry double shots commonly found in POS cherry keyboards such as G81-7910HPBUS, and also their G80-3484 HKUS which is a non POS cherry keyboard.

The kit i suggest is the core kit. If your going for the black doubleshots you may also need the right shift key. You probably don't need the 0 for numpad since your using a 10 keyless board.
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 January 2011, 22:18:58 by Moogle Stiltzkin »

[/FONT]

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #42 on: Mon, 31 January 2011, 22:12:07 »
*update

I was checking some pics for POS donor boards.

G81-1822HQMUS

G81-1822HPU

Seems theres also the issue of the + key for numpad is small. the 00 on numpad should be "." with delete.So will need a patch for that as well.

I think the anime otaku crowd get these pos for 10keyless boards, so they didn't have to worry much about the numpad side :/

So as such, i don't think the blacks and pos donor keys are recommended if your going for cherry doubleshots for a 104+ full size keyboard. It's best to get Sixty's beige/white which has the right shift and the numpad is fully compatible unlike these 1800 series pos doubleshots.

If your using them for 10keyless boards, then yeah go for it (the POS donor board doubleshots). But you will still need the right shift, ctrl, alt, menu and windows, and capslock keys from the core kit :}
« Last Edit: Mon, 31 January 2011, 22:16:41 by Moogle Stiltzkin »

[/FONT]

Offline manfaux

« Reply #43 on: Mon, 31 January 2011, 22:31:14 »
@Moogle
Sweet guide, thanks a bunch. now I'm off to ebay..
So can I order a standalone core kit?

Offline manfaux

« Reply #44 on: Mon, 31 January 2011, 22:33:14 »
Quote from: keyboardlover;288051
Hi manfaux - no problem. Regarding the photo of my keyboard, this set is for JUST the bottom row (to complete the look of the keyboard); so the Ctrl, alt, win key, spacebar, and menu key. It was mainly created for those who purchase Sixty's 101 set of vintage white/gray Cherry doubleshots, which are what you see on my keyboard in the photo. I hope this clears things up; let me know if you have any questions.

I see, i was just wondering if this order we are putting together here looks just like your picture.

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #45 on: Mon, 31 January 2011, 22:40:04 »
Quote from: manfaux;288078
I see, i was just wondering if this order we are putting together here looks just like your picture.

Ahh ok. Well, that is the idea, it SHOULD look just like it. That is definitely the goal.

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #46 on: Mon, 31 January 2011, 22:49:00 »
CHERRY G80-3484HCKUS-2

The g80-3484 on the otherhand might be fully compatible with a 104 + keys filco/ducky exception spacebar naturaly. Unlike the POS keyboards, the ctrl and alt keys look as if they are 1.25'' (correct me if i am wrong).

the keyboard itself is kinda pricey, so it's an expensive option just to harvest the keycaps only :/

[/FONT]

Offline keyboardlover

« Reply #47 on: Mon, 31 January 2011, 22:49:50 »
Quote from: ripster;288088
Good luck with trying to get Signature Plastics to do that.  They seem to be kinda stupid about getting the details 100% like getting the font, texture and key geometry to match.  Kinda amazing to me given the handful of key manufacturers out there they could just clone.

Well that's encouraging :\

Offline Moogle Stiltzkin

« Reply #48 on: Mon, 31 January 2011, 22:50:29 »
Quote from: manfaux;288077
@Moogle
Sweet guide, thanks a bunch. now I'm off to ebay..
So can I order a standalone core kit?

Which color ?

[/FONT]

Offline manfaux

« Reply #49 on: Mon, 31 January 2011, 23:05:32 »
Quote from: Moogle Stiltzkin;288092
Which color ?

preferably white on black?