geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

[GB] Starcraft 2 Doubleshots Round 2.22 You can (haz) nao. (ORDER THREAD)

(1/97) > >>

Ragnorock:
This group buy is long finished, and is the last of its kind. There will be no more SC2 doubleshots produced due to trademark concerns by SP. If you were lucky enough to get in on this group buy, congrats. If not do not harass my inbox with PMs asking when I will be doing another round because there won't be one. Try the classifieds section, but be prepared to pay $$.

PAY YOUR INVOICES!

Okay so first off, welcome to Ragnorock's reworking of Noodles' special one-off reorder of SC2 keycaps from Signature Plastics. This order is for people who want SC2 keycaps but also want to pay less (due to quantity discounts) and get them sooner than you can in group buy round 4. If that doesn't interest you, then maybe these keycaps should go to someone more qualified to operate them. This group buy will work similarly to how it did previously, where I will not be collecting money until after orders are closed. That saves me the hassle of asking for more or refunding money if demand isn't what I estimate it to be. I expect that we will be getting more orders than before but I'm not sure how much. Anyways, on to the buy: (Sorry it's so detailed lol, just how I am)

You are buying THESE:
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 27494[/ATTACH]
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 27493[/ATTACH]

Yes I am aware that the Terran 1.25x key is missing from both photographs. It's available and looks just like you expect it would.

The 1.25 keys fit modifiers and 1x keys are Row 1 "ESC" sized and will fit any and all keycaps in the top row of your keyboard- provided you have a Cherry MX Keyboard. No, these aren't for Topres, sorry. I know, I died a little inside and I don't even have a Topre anymore. EK wanted it back etc. Long story. Maybe someday. Membranes, don't even ask. No really, please I beg you, just don't.

Rules and Notes

Payment by Paypal only, do not order if you do not have a verified account yet, and get one if you want these.

Country must be specified with your order, US, CAN or whatever country you're in.

My time is not free, I'm orchestrating this group buy because I want these keys myself, but I cannot be asked to spend the great deal of time that this requires without some compensation. I feel it's pretty reasonable for me to ask for $1 out of the shipping cost as a handling fee. That isn't any great deal of profit but I think that's pretty fair since anyone else could have stepped up and run this show and nobody did. This has already been discussed and the feedback I've gotten has been positive so if you have any complaints please enjoy the round 4 ordering process. :flypig:

I will be ordering extras, how many depends on our total orders and quantity discounts, but there will be extras, and I plan on getting a lot of them. However to encourage and reward everyone for buying them in the group buy itself, expect them to be marked up if you are buying leftovers. See, I told you I was a business student. XD

Reddit Link!
http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/kx483/starcraft_2_cherry_mx_keycap_group_buy_on_geekhack/

Instructions

1. Specify which keys you want in both a response to this thread and a PM. I am tallying orders from PMs, not from responses to this thread. The only difference between your reply and PM is that you include your email in the PM. I will be sending the Paypal invoice to this email. When you get that email, please pay immediately, there won't be much time if you want to get these by December.
     -The PM should also include which country you are in, US or Canada etc. State or province doesn't matter since I'm just going to flat rate everything as much as possible. Please put SC2 somewhere in the PM title. You can edit your order as many times as you want up until orders close and invoices start going out. Just be sure to send another pm and indicate somewhere in it that you want to change an order and it isn't a new one.

2. Check for your name in the list of confirmed orders in this Original Post (hereafter referred to as "the OP" like hopefully everyone else does.) Expect it to be updated generally within 24 hours, if you don't see it, I haven't gotten your order yet and you need to repost/resend your PM. If I didn't add you to the list it may be because YOU DID IT WRONG. So double check you shiz and make sure it's correct before resending. I will try my best to respond back to clear up any confusion but don't count on it.

3. Wait for the orders to close, and when they do, expect an email from me asking for payment. I'm going to be calculating everyone's individual cost via a really cool excel doc I've whipped up and it's kinda what my major is so there shouldn't be any errors. Nevertheless, if you do the math based upon the final count in the OP and calculate your cost to be different, then respond ASAP to clear it up. When you pay the invoice, be sure to include in there somewhere your shipping address you'd like it shipped to. I'm almost certain Paypal lets you do that with invoices and not just sending payments etc.

4. Wait for keycaps to show up. I will update the OP as needed to indicate the progress of the orders. Including a mass picture of all the keycaps before I send them. Should look awesome.

5. ????????

6. Rank 1 masters due to ownage instilled by having keycaps that serve no other purpose than to be badass.

Notes:
International orders are no longer limited at this time. I have worked out a set reasonable shipping options that I have detailed in the shipping and handling section. Feel free to now place your orders with PMs if all you did was respond to the thread. Do not forget to include your Paypal email and country with your order. Please remember to list what kind of shipping you want with your order.

Pricing

1x
25 keys         $4.38 / each
50 keys         $2.43 / each
75 keys         $1.76 / each
100 keys       $1.44 / each
150 keys       $1.11 / each
200 keys       $0.95 / each
250 keys       $0.71 / each

1.25x
25 keys         $4.67 / each
50 keys         $2.71 / each
75 keys         $2.06 / each
100 keys       $1.73 / each
150 keys       $1.40 / each
200 keys       $1.24 / each
250 keys       $1.14 / each

Something that wasn't adequately described in the previous thread:

Each 1x and 1.25 race key has their own count, meaning there is no shared quantity discounts between 1x and 1.25x keys like many including myself thought from the first group buy. Each type of key has its own individual threshold and none of them can be combined to reach a higher quantity discount. This means that the sum of all the orders for each key type determine the discount. It is not for each individual if they order 100 keys or w/e, the group buy combines the quantity discounts for everyone.

Update: We are now above 75 orders for most keys, you can essentially ignore the lower prices, none of them are relevant any longer.

Shipping + Handling

US: $6.00 ($5 + $1 handling) As it stands now I'll be using the $5 flat rate boxes which fit as many as a hundred keys and I'll be sure to stuff them with packing material so they don't bounce everywhere. Don't worry, no giant Amazon inflated air baggy crap.

Canada: ~$7-8 US dollars. ($6-7 +$1 handling) Canada's dollar about on par right now but who knows what it'll be tomorrow. I've yet to get a final price quote on Canadian shipping but expect it to be around there.

International: $10 Bubble envelope, $15 flat rate box. Please specify which in your pm. I have made it to the post office to determine accurate pricing for international shipments. I will go ahead and buy a pack of bubble envelopes and offer an alternative to the flat rate boxes I'll be using for most everything else. However, the bubble envelope is not flat rate, and prices could vary from $3 to $12, depending on the weight and country mailed to. Germany, where more than one buyer is located, is on the cheaper end for example, as I tested with some of my own keycaps and an envelope they had on hand. In spite of knowing that, I'm going to just charge $10 for everyone to balance out the variability in cost so I don't lose money, and I feel $10 is pretty reasonable for international shipping and I am going to have to mess around with all sorts of different prices and locations like I didn't want to do and why I originally limited international orders. Delivery will be within 6-10 days for the flat rate, and 10-15 days for the bubble mailers. The bubble mailers will probably only hold around 40 keys, while the flat rate boxes somewhere around 100 from what I've heard. For that reason some people who are ordering large quantities, particularly combined with multiple Portal keycap orders may be forced to use the $15 flat rate. This is in line with what was discussed all along and I hope nobody has any objections... if you do well then, sorry. You can cancel your order at any time, just send me another PM.

Important note for shipping in all instances: If you are buying from both my group buys my goal is to try and get them delivered at the same time so I can ship them out together, combining shipping and saving you money. The only thing you pay for both is the handling charge, so if you're buying both, just take whatever the normal shipping fee is for either buy, and then add a dollar to it.

Paypal fees:
3% of $40 is $1.20 and I don't expect many orders to be above that, so everyone please just pay the fee and do not gift the money. This is for your protection only. It gives you more rights as a buyer and me less headaches if anything goes wrong. If something unfortunate happens then I'm like to just refund you your money. If you really need that extra dollar, fine, its not like I'm going to rip you off just because you want to save a buck or less. I'm an honest guy and would like this to go well and do more of them in the future.

Anyways its the same as the SC2 group buy, 3% + $0.30 for their various fees.

Order Format

Sample order (Modified copypasta from Reaper's post lol)

Separate your order quantities by race and by size. Quantities next to them etc. Country and anything else you want to say (email if it's the PM) after.

Esc keys (1x):

1 x Protoss
1 x Terran
1 x Zerg
1 x Random

Modifiers (1.25x):

1 x Protoss
1 x Terran
1 x Zerg
1 x Random

(If shipping internationally, include the shipping you chose as well)

I am not a Perl script so I can differentiate between identically named strings as long as the proper headings are there.

Thats about all I can think of right now, but I'm sure I'll add more to it later. Keep an eye on this post for updates. Cheers. They will be bolded and colored blue from here on to indicate that it's new.

Order counter:

Protoss Esc -  136
Terran Esc -   138
Zerg Esc -      129
Random Esc - 59

Protoss Win - 126
Terran Win -  119
Zerg Win -     115
Random Win - 53

Confirmed Order list:

Ragnorock
Reaper