geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

What is a group buy? Should I join one? Group Buy FAQ / Buying Guidelines

<< < (2/7) > >>

rowdy:

--- Quote from: justnits on Wed, 20 January 2016, 23:59:00 ---These rules are mainly for groupbuy participants.
Should there be at least some certain guidelines for Groupbuy organizers to adhere to?

--- End quote ---

1. Don't be a ****.

jerue:

--- Quote from: rowdy on Thu, 21 January 2016, 03:52:40 ---
--- Quote from: justnits on Wed, 20 January 2016, 23:59:00 ---These rules are mainly for groupbuy participants.
Should there be at least some certain guidelines for Groupbuy organizers to adhere to?

--- End quote ---

1. Don't be a ****.

--- End quote ---

2. Clear communication methods for support. If you want only PM's fine - if you want only a support form, fine - if you do either make sure you set aside time on a regular basis to go through it. So much confusion across PMs and whatnot - forms are nice since you can require a subject line - too many people PM GB leaders w/no subject with "where the **** is my ****?!". GB leaders must make clear on how to address issues in the OP.

justnits:

--- Quote from: jerue on Thu, 21 January 2016, 11:49:23 ---2. Clear communication methods for support. If you want only PM's fine - if you want only a support form, fine - if you do either make sure you set aside time on a regular basis to go through it. So much confusion across PMs and whatnot - forms are nice since you can require a subject line - too many people PM GB leaders w/no subject with "where the **** is my ****?!". GB leaders must make clear on how to address issues in the OP.

--- End quote ---

to be honest, geekhack's PM system isn't suitable for mass PMs. the first page/post is important for the organizer to update info there so that people don't have to browse through every post to get what they want to know. doing this will reduce subjectless PMs and i guess will definitely reduce the headaches for both the organizer and participants  ;D

so maybe my suggestions would be;
3) keep first page/post updated with progress logs and information. being quiet doesn't help to ease off participants with lower stress tolerance.

and how about this?

4) finish 1 groupbuy first before doing another, unless you are Massdrop or PMK.

couple of reasons for this.
a) this is to minimise the damage in case if a groupbuy organizer decides to go rogue. take drugger for example, what if he is running a few groupbuy in one go?

b) this is so that the organizer can focus on the groupbuy and hence reducing the likelihood of delay or confusion or mixed up order (just imagine a tsunami of PMs), unless you are Massdrop or PMK.

mashby:
Nicely done Hoff. Well done piece.

Adgar:
Hello,I am a new comer ,If I want to star a group buy.What should I do,Or what preparations should I do?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version