Author Topic: [IC] GMK Stargaze - Last Day & Locking  (Read 181746 times)

Offline dandruff

Re: [IC] GMK Stargaze - Final Collaboration: Aurora Ikki68 (6/11)
« Reply #200 on: Fri, 11 June 2021, 23:53:38 »
This will be my final collaboration for this keycap set.

It is my pleasure to announce a collaboration with the Aurora Ikki68!
To make this project a success, both parties will need to gauge the interest of the community on the project.

News left:
-2nd Deskmat (taking longer than expected but Shannie just graduated so YAY!)
-Expect pricing to be released soon, if some of my vendors take longer, I will just release the pricing of the ones who have confirmed it with me by next week

GMK Stargaze x Aurora Interest Form

Edit: Forgot to add:
If the project comes true, the vendors will NOT be the same as the ones running the GB for the keycap set (some will be). More info to come depending on how the IC goes.
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 June 2021, 00:00:18 by dandruff »

Offline paperassgasket

« Reply #201 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 00:07:07 »
that's cute as heck

Offline Tiff0

« Reply #202 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 00:45:09 »
Oh heck yes.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #203 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 03:05:31 »
Nice idea.  I would like to have received my 1st Aurora and built it before ordering another, that said the colourway is good.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline RoyalOak88

« Reply #204 on: Sat, 12 June 2021, 08:41:51 »
oh god, I'm already waiting for an Ikki, but looking to this, is difficult to pass...
here we go again

Offline raiNmeister

« Reply #205 on: Sun, 13 June 2021, 20:51:34 »
can we get more renders of the ikki68 aurora x gmk stargaze? i.e the underside of the board, a full picture of the keyboard with novelties, and possibly one with ISO enter?  :D

Offline 0hh.Hello

« Reply #206 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 11:10:38 »
Alright people, if you're even the slightest bit interested in the stargaze x ikki aurora collab PLEASE fill out the interest check on the collab. Because I NEED this board and it's too dang pretty not to be made real!

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
« Reply #207 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 11:13:20 »
Alright people, if you're even the slightest bit interested in the stargaze x ikki aurora collab PLEASE fill out the interest check on the collab. Because I NEED this board and it's too dang pretty not to be made real!

Couldn't have said it better! FILL THE FORM PEOPLE!!!!  ;D

Offline Neely_12

« Reply #208 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 14:18:20 »
Ikki is an amazing board and stargaze is an amazing set, so this collab is deffo one im looking at

Offline Stellaire_Tama

« Reply #209 on: Mon, 14 June 2021, 18:36:15 »
Definitely in for the Ikki68 collab, just to know: Same GB time ?  :'(

Offline Pyurii

« Reply #210 on: Tue, 15 June 2021, 16:58:06 »
That ikki68 is so beautiful <3

Offline dandruff

Re: [IC] GMK Stargaze - Prices For all Vendors Released (6/18)
« Reply #211 on: Fri, 18 June 2021, 20:29:15 »
Prices are released.

Overall, not the cheapest but not the worst. I'm content with most of it, alt alphas may be a tough pill for me to swallow!

If you're unhappy with the prices, point fingers at the grey alpha lovers  :) Raised prices to everything  :p

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #212 on: Sat, 19 June 2021, 18:33:50 »
A bit disappointed in these prices.

Maybe I am confusing Stargaze with another IC, but I felt the goal was a high MOQ.
This feels like pricing for 500 MOQ, which I am fairly confident this set will at least double if not triple it at the minimum.

But oh well I will still pick up basically everything, maybe even the Ikki despite me generally not having interest in entry level boards.

Offline dandruff

« Reply #213 on: Sat, 19 June 2021, 18:44:37 »
A bit disappointed in these prices.

Maybe I am confusing Stargaze with another IC, but I felt the goal was a high MOQ.
This feels like pricing for 500 MOQ, which I am fairly confident this set will at least double if not triple it at the minimum.

But oh well I will still pick up basically everything, maybe even the Ikki despite me generally not having interest in entry level boards.

Prob could've cut a decent amount off of every kit if I removed the alt alphas!
but regardless.... 99.999999999999999% sure I established that MOQ was always going to be 500 MOQ and have NEVER claimed 1000+ MOQ hence:

More
What is new?

Renders
- originally, i made the renders and they were horrific. To better display my set, I got Kingk22.xyz to render my set! (updated pictures on the main post)

Vendors:
Changed CAN vendor to DeskHero
Added zFrontier as Asian vendor
News for people from the UK soon

Novelties:
 - sizing the novelties correctly and measuring, I BELIEVE that although a lot of the novelties tread a thin line, only two were required to be changed. This is subject to change when I submit it for GMK to confirm after we have finalized kitting. The two that were changed are as follows:

Show Image

Kitting:
Base kit - REMOVED ISO accented ISO enter, a few keys that I accidentally had duplicated (SORRY ISO-USERS, BUT I did add UK-iso enter novelty... a few updates ago...)
Novelties - same kitting, changed the two novelty that needed to be changed
Space - HUGE change, smaller kitting, accent spacebars for 6.25u and 7u only + added accent arrows due to high demand
Alt Alphas - fixed errors from last update (nothing drastic)

Considerations:
Originally, I wanted to 2u, 2.25u, and 2.75u to base kit AND UK-iso and have a stacked base kit; however, due to the custom colors required for this set, I would rather prefer not to have a $140+ base kit (estimate).
Accent arrow novelties? No.
Accent spacebars (2u, 2.25u, 2.75u?) MAYBE (depends, redo or do the UPDATED IC form if you want this, but obviously cost is going to play a huge factor)
UK-iso... idk what to tell you guys... :(

MOQ:
will LIKELY be set to 500

Collaborations:

Resin Artisan Collaborations:
DEAG: https://www.instagram.com/deagcaps/
CraftedByAnnie: https://www.instagram.com/craftedbyannie/
TheKeyCat: https://www.instagram.com/thekeycat/
Shirouu: https://www.instagram.com/shirouu.kaps/
PrimeCaps: https://www.instagram.com/prime_caps/
MelonKeys: https://www.instagram.com/melonkeys.keycaps/

Metal Cap Collaboration
THOK: https://www.instagram.com/thok.click/

Wristrest Collaboration:
HoneyBunzCreations: https://www.instagram.com/honeybunzcreations/

Cable Collaboration:
LuxeCables: https://www.instagram.com/luxecables/

Deskmat Collaboration:
Shannie: https://www.instagram.com/shannie.hoa/

If you want to support (and you should):
DISCORD SERVER
INSTAGRAM

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #214 on: Sat, 19 June 2021, 18:47:59 »
Then I got the IC's wrong, my bad !
I still feel this set is going to go far far beyong the 500 MOQ.

I do hope the people that wanted the Grey Alphas will show up during the GB for them.
Else it would be pretty sad for all the other buyers that all the other kits had their prices raised if the Alt Alphas numbers aren't great.

Offline Karas187

« Reply #215 on: Sun, 20 June 2021, 04:40:41 »
Learning that everyone will have to pay more for alt alphas only some will buy but is a bit disappointing.

Considering the prices right now, I think I am out.

Offline dandruff

« Reply #216 on: Sun, 20 June 2021, 05:42:35 »
Learning that everyone will have to pay more for alt alphas only some will buy but is a bit disappointing.

I've said it numerous times throughout the IC regarding the use of custom colors, so it's nothing new to learn!
Also, the price is pretty on par with plenty of recent sets especially with GMK's price increase (minus Dixie/NK/DROP who are consistently aiming for 1k MOQ or more).
MOQ affects prices more than the extra gray probably, but uhhhh I guess I'm sorry to disappoint!
« Last Edit: Sun, 20 June 2021, 05:48:20 by dandruff »

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
« Reply #217 on: Sun, 20 June 2021, 07:44:19 »

I've said it numerous times throughout the IC regarding the use of custom colors, so it's nothing new to learn!
Also, the price is pretty on par with plenty of recent sets especially with GMK's price increase (minus Dixie/NK/DROP who are consistently aiming for 1k MOQ or more).
MOQ affects prices more than the extra gray probably, but uhhhh I guess I'm sorry to disappoint!
True, the cost is pretty standard for GMK sets, and honestly, even the big names struggle to have a good prediction. That is what happened to SA Ramses, which was really overpriced due to a miscalculation of MOQ on Omnitype's side IMO.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Offline dandruff

Re: [IC] GMK Stargaze - NEW DESKMAT DESIGN (6/22)
« Reply #218 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 20:29:13 »
Here is the second deskmat design in collaboration with GMK Stargaze designed by Shannie!

Dreamy Nights

Also the Ikki will be made; however, there will be a new IC in the next couple days on a new possible design which will rely on the community to see which one will be the final design.

Offline Ustinj

« Reply #219 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 20:36:42 »
HOLY POGGERS!!!

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #220 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 21:37:00 »
thats my fav mat so far

nice work dandruff

Offline misswaffle

« Reply #221 on: Tue, 22 June 2021, 22:38:25 »
New deskmat is gorgeous and definitely will be a buy from me! Shannie did such an amazing job ⭐

Offline RoyalOak88

« Reply #222 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 03:46:23 »
Love the new deskmat. Amazing set!

Offline i luv chuletas

« Reply #223 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 10:39:19 »
Damn! Just caught wind of this, love it completely.

Only wish there was some 40's/ortho love from the set

Offline 0hh.Hello

« Reply #224 on: Wed, 23 June 2021, 18:59:30 »

Also the Ikki will be made; however, there will be a new IC in the next couple days on a new possible design which will rely on the community to see which one will be the final design.

Did I miss this part in the discord?? Curious about the possible new design for the ikki because I already really like the original design...

Offline dandruff

« Reply #225 on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 07:42:43 »

Did I miss this part in the discord?? Curious about the possible new design for the ikki because I already really like the original design...

I think I said it in discord, but didn't ping it!

Anyways, please vote for the design you guys like more between these 2:

NEW GMK Stargaze x Aurora Interest Form
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 June 2021, 07:50:37 by dandruff »

Offline CookieFlow

Sorry to be picky.

Is there a reason the top design with the 2 shooting stars has a higher density of stars (and smaller icons also) than the bottom one?

For me personally I think I would prefer the top design with the 2 shooting stars but maybe with the smaller density but bigger icons of stars from the bottom one.
This is not something I am 100% sure how I feel about, tbh I like both. But I'm just curious if this was intentional or not.

And I guess it depends if they can make the small icons detailed enough on the final product.

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
Sorry to be picky.

Is there a reason the top design with the 2 shooting stars has a higher density of stars (and smaller icons also) than the bottom one?

For me personally I think I would prefer the top design with the 2 shooting stars but maybe with the smaller density but bigger icons of stars from the bottom one.
This is not something I am 100% sure how I feel about, tbh I like both. But I'm just curious if this was intentional or not.

And I guess it depends if they can make the small icons detailed enough on the final product.

In contrast, I would like to have the shooting star at the end of the board, and have all those small dots as star dust, like join both halves into a single bigger picture.

Offline RoyalOak88

Sorry to be picky.

I agree with you. I chose top design because of the shooting stars, but I also prefer the smaller density and bigger stars from the bottom one.
A fusion between the two would be the best outcome IMO.

Offline dandruff

Sorry to be picky.

Sorry to be picky.

I agree with you. I chose top design because of the shooting stars, but I also prefer the smaller density and bigger stars from the bottom one.
A fusion between the two would be the best outcome IMO.

I'll likely attempt this to see how it'll look. A lot of people liked the first design, so I left it there unchanged and added a second one without changing what a lot of people already liked.
IF I like the idea of combining it... due to every IC form getting less and less responses due to a majority of people already seeing it, I'll likely discuss with Wuque/Mech.lands (for the final decision) and maybe hold an informal poll regarding the design through Discord/Instagram.

Offline slg1993

awesome design, really looking forward to it!

btw, any chance of being able to get accented iso in the base kit as well?

Offline dandruff

awesome design, really looking forward to it!

btw, any chance of being able to get accented iso in the base kit as well?

Originally, it was part of the last base kit revision, but SUPPOSEDLY (speaking with third hand information from GMK to vendor to me) ISO enter key affects pricing a smidge. For vendors to be happy with their profit margins, it was removed with the confidence that most ISO users would love the novelty ISO key.

Offline montpercy

ive noticed in the rows for vendors (for me, dailyclack) the artisans are listed in the prices too. does this mean the artisans will be carried on that vendors site, or is that just the conversion price and I will have to purchase them from thok/rama directly? (first time hopefully purchasing artisans!)

Offline dandruff

Re: [IC] GMK Stargaze
« Reply #233 on: Wed, 30 June 2021, 17:04:25 »
Sorry everyone, I was on a trip for a few days in a rural area without internet and got my catalytic converter stolen :( butttt I'm back to answer any questions you all might have!

ive noticed in the rows for vendors (for me, dailyclack) the artisans are listed in the prices too. does this mean the artisans will be carried on that vendors site, or is that just the conversion price and I will have to purchase them from thok/rama directly? (first time hopefully purchasing artisans!)

Everything on the price list that were announced will be with each individual vendors. DailyClack will have the THOK and RAMA artisans available through their website!

Things that will not have the same vendor list include the Ikki (different set of vendors), wristrest (through a google form through the maker's Instagram), resin artisans (through their individual raffles/sales), cables through a preorder on LuxeCable's website, and lastly, after much thought (even though I previously finalized my collaboration list), I found this collaboration to not interfere with any of the other collaborations, so there will be a collaboration with FromScratchUSA which will be handled on her website.

Offline dandruff

« Reply #234 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 02:06:58 »
Super quick update:

- OCE vendor prices updated (a tad cheaper) due to exchange rates (yay)
- Gave names to THOK/RAMA cap

And as a pre-game to start the hype up, here's the first collaboration for GMK Stargaze:

Shirouu (3:00 - 5:00 PM PST on July 2)

Offline Zondabooze

« Reply #235 on: Sat, 03 July 2021, 08:00:06 »
Any updates on when the GB for the IKKI68 Stargaze keyboard will be launched?

Offline proboy84

« Reply #236 on: Sat, 03 July 2021, 10:22:56 »
More
buy

Offline dandruff

« Reply #237 on: Sat, 03 July 2021, 10:24:51 »
Any updates on when the GB for the IKKI68 Stargaze keyboard will be launched?
Worked through some final details with Wuque yesterday. Most likely will start in 1-2 weeks so that vendors have time to prepare. But I don’t have an exact date yet so there is no proper announcement (yet).

Offline dandruff

« Reply #238 on: Sat, 03 July 2021, 13:21:12 »
GB is LIVE (some vendors are a bit behind, but most are live)

https://www.mechgroupbuys.com/keycaps/GMK%20Stargaze

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #239 on: Sat, 03 July 2021, 13:54:56 »
Super quick update:

- OCE vendor prices updated (a tad cheaper) due to exchange rates (yay)
- Gave names to THOK/RAMA cap

And as a pre-game to start the hype up, here's the first collaboration for GMK Stargaze:

Shirouu (3:00 - 5:00 PM PST on July 2)
Show Image

Not sure where to ask but if anybody managed to get one and reads this please let me know.
I am so sad I wasn't able to get one T__T

Been trying for a Shirouu raffle for many months now and was hoping I was saving all the L's for this moment but no :(

Offline tngpq

« Reply #240 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 06:58:32 »
Insane numbers from just a few days of sale.

Offline dandruff

Re: [IC] GMK Stargaze - Ikki68 Collaboration GB starts 7/14
« Reply #241 on: Tue, 13 July 2021, 02:07:47 »
Hey everyone, quick little update for those interested in the Ikki68 collaboration.

1. it glows in the dark

2. it's starting VERY soon (July 14, 8:00 AM PST for Mechlands, Cannonkeys, and Wuque (while other vendors will aim to have theirs up on the same day for their local time)! Number of units is 1000 units worldwide (exact units per vendor updated in main post)

Offline dandruff

Re: [IC] GMK Stargaze - Ikki68 GB & Keyboard Bag Collab LIVE
« Reply #242 on: Tue, 20 July 2021, 21:48:19 »
Mini bump regarding collaborations:

- Ikki live now (less than 1/3rd left available) (it glows in the dark)
https://www.mechgroupbuys.com/keyboards/Ikki68%20x%20Stargaze

- Wristrests will be tomorrow 7/21 6 PM PST (35 spots FCFS)

- Keyboard Bag live now: https://fromscratchusa.com/collections/keyboard-sleeves/products/gmk-stargaze-mechanical-keyboard-bag

Offline dandruff

Re: [IC] GMK Stargaze - Last Day & Locking
« Reply #243 on: Wed, 04 August 2021, 14:39:11 »
Last day to buy GMK Stargaze
...and locking thread: GB Thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=113641.0