Author Topic: Ducky One vs Ducky One 2  (Read 8663 times)

Offline mattlach

Ducky One vs Ducky One 2
« on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 16:08:43 »
Hey,

Has anyone compared these two boards?    I recently bought my Fiance a One 2 (white fullsize version with white LED's and brown switches).   I was very impressed with the build quality and feel.  I wanted to buy one for myself, but unfortunately they don't seem to come with the switches I want. (I prefer them on the heavier side)

I'm considering MX clears with rubber o-rings for a work board where I need to be quiet, and MX Green's without o-rings for home.

So, poking around, I found that mechanicalkeyboards.com still has the first gen Ducky One in stock, and in pictures I actually like it's more classic and subtle styling better than that of the One 2.

Does anyone know how the build quality, fit and finish and feel compare between them though?  The One 2 was very impressive.  Was the first gen One as well?
IBM Beamspring > IBM Model F > IBM Model M > All Cherry MX, Alps and Topre > Rubber Dome & Scissor Switches.

Offline Nuji

Re: Ducky One vs Ducky One 2
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 11 January 2019, 04:30:34 »
Used the Ducky One TKL for a couple months as a daily driver. Build quality is absolutely solid. The stabs had zero rattle and the board sounded really nice (thocky) also. (:

Offline mattlach

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 11 January 2019, 19:37:25 »
Used the Ducky One TKL for a couple months as a daily driver. Build quality is absolutely solid. The stabs had zero rattle and the board sounded really nice (thocky) also. (:

Thank you!   I went ahead and ordered two of them, both the basic black with white LED's, one with MX Greens for home, and one with MX Clears for work.   I also ordered a set of o-rings for the one for work.   It's an open office environment, so I don't want to be loud and bother people.

Hopefully I'll like them :p

IBM Beamspring > IBM Model F > IBM Model M > All Cherry MX, Alps and Topre > Rubber Dome & Scissor Switches.

Offline seville57

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 12 January 2019, 02:50:19 »

Thank you!   I went ahead and ordered two of them, both the basic black with white LED's, one with MX Greens for home, and one with MX Clears for work.   I also ordered a set of o-rings for the one for work.   It's an open office environment, so I don't want to be loud and bother people.

Hopefully I'll like them :p
I have 2 Ducky One and they are great.

Ducky One RGB YOTG, Cherry MX Black.

Ducky One with White LEDs and Cherry MX Red.
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 January 2019, 02:55:49 by seville57 »

Offline mattlach

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 12 January 2019, 20:59:46 »
I have 2 Ducky One and they are great.

Ducky One RGB YOTG, Cherry MX Black.
Show Image

Ducky One with White LEDs and Cherry MX Red.
Show Image

I'm not crazy about that bottom color scheme, but I am glad to hear that they are quality boards!

mechanicalkeyboards.com still haven't shipped them though.   I ordered them Thursday at just after 5 in the evening.

I realized that I was probably ordering a little late for them to go out Thursday (but you never know, sometimes you get surprised) but I fully expected them to ship on Friday.   Now I guess they are closed for th eweekend, and they won't ship until Monday :/

Maybe I've been spoiled by Amazon fulfillment, where everything seems to go out the door same day it is ordered?  :p
« Last Edit: Sat, 12 January 2019, 21:05:01 by mattlach »