Author Topic: [SOLD] Short IBM Click Keyboard = SSK  (Read 6574 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
[SOLD] Short IBM Click Keyboard = SSK
« on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 20:05:43 »
What do SSKs go for these days?

This one looks fairly decent, currently US$45 ...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Short-IBM-Click-Keyboard-PN-1391472-As-is/113634406859

212788-0
« Last Edit: Wed, 20 February 2019, 19:59:36 by rowdy »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline JP

Re: Short IBM Click Keyboard = SSK
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 20:11:34 »
That's gonna go higher than $45 now you've posted it here. I'd say usually $150+ depending on condition, special keys, bolt mod, etc.
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 22:21:00 »
Could be a solid buy. Keeping my eye on it, well see how high the bids go.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 12 February 2019, 22:35:52 »
The fact that they have it sitting on a chunk of dirt in the photo doesn't instill the greatest confidence that is has been treated nicely :)

I would love another SSK, but I'm waiting for some amazing NIB ssk to show up.   My current one is in good condition, but the arrow cluster has a rivet or two gone and doesn't feel quite right

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 06:47:11 »

I'm waiting for some amazing NIB ssk to show up. 

I will tell you that I bought a NIB SSK a few years ago from Cindy and more than half of its rivets were already broken.

Besides its enjoyable use, one of the best characteristics of ancient IBM iron is that it can usually brought back to "like new" or even "better than new" condition with some work and care.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline JP

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 07:57:43 »

I'm waiting for some amazing NIB ssk to show up. 

I will tell you that I bought a NIB SSK a few years ago from Cindy and more than half of its rivets were already broken.

Besides its enjoyable use, one of the best characteristics of ancient IBM iron is that it can usually brought back to "like new" or even "better than new" condition with some work and care.

^ This  :thumb:
About Me | The Collection
Therapy is expensive so I buy keyboards and bike parts.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 19:51:23 »
Up to $63 with 5 days to go!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 14 February 2019, 20:05:31 »
Still $63, but now with 4 days to go.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 20:04:26 »
$190 now, with just over 2 hours to go.

I guess the price did go up a bit.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 20 February 2019, 19:59:18 »
Sold for US$195.50.

Not a bad price, they do seem to go for around $150 (average condition) to $200 (reasonable/good condition).

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Re: [SOLD] Short IBM Click Keyboard = SSK
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 23 February 2019, 03:23:38 »

At least $200 now; considerably more for cleaner examples.

Recent eBay used SSK sales

We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: [SOLD] Short IBM Click Keyboard = SSK
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 20:11:29 »

At least $200 now; considerably more for cleaner examples.

Recent eBay used SSK sales

Thanks for that!

Prices seem to be holding steady then, so I don't feel any regrets that I got mine when I did.