Author Topic: "Inves" labeled BTC 5349 for 57€ (45+shipping) - Good or bad?  (Read 1919 times)

Offline Nikkō

• Reddit: /u/itsSunlight
    • My Twitter!
"Inves" labeled BTC 5349 for 57€ (45+shipping) - Good or bad?
« on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 13:39:57 »
Found on a Spanish trading site, seems to be a BTC 5349 labeled "Inves". Not the greatest condition apparently, at least in the yellowing department. Couldn't find much info googling, only what's on the Deskthority wiki. It's apparently some sort of capacitive switch with Cherry MX keycap mount. Is this any good?

Link
Keebs:
-Varmilo x Ducky Miya Pro ~ Cherry MX Blues
-Ozone Strike Battle ~ Cherry MX Reds

Planning to buy:
-Tada68 ~ Zealios 65g

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
Re: "Inves" labeled BTC 5349 for 57€ (45+shipping) - Good or bad?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 14:02:32 »
LOL I guess suddenly there's a new market for old "BTC" keyboards....I wonder if there were ever any keyboards that said "Litecoin" or "Ether" on them?
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
Re: "Inves" labeled BTC 5349 for 57€ (45+shipping) - Good or bad?
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 28 December 2017, 20:08:08 »
Found on a Spanish trading site, seems to be a BTC 5349 labeled "Inves"... Couldn't find much info googling, only what's on the Deskthority wiki. It's apparently some sort of capacitive switch with Cherry MX keycap mount. Is this any good?

Link

They look like BTC domes with sliders to me (speaking of the DT wiki). They're considered good RD switches, though. Chyros has been positive about them in his reviews and comments. To paraphrase him from that video I just linked to (I love quoting the greats):

Quote from: Chyros
I like them... I think they're nice. But don't go spending a serious amount of money on these. The point of these boards is that they are cheap—and while they're good for such cheap boards, if you shell out for them, you'd have to compare them to really serious players on the mechanical market.

They're probably comparable to IBM's post-mechanical KB-* boards—which are plentiful on eBay, and also among the better RD's. But they're still RDs.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg