Author Topic: [GB] DSA Historic | Closed! Thank you for supporting! | All done!  (Read 8740 times)

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙

Group Buy is closed!!! Thank you to everyone who supported this set, I can't wait to get it to you very soon!

Signature Plastics has a lead time for DSA sets at under four months!
Expect this to get into your hands shortly after the GB closes!

DSA Historic is a 40s first doubleshot DSA (uniform) ABS set from SP inspired by the Vegas Golden Knights primary jersey, using text mods and solo numerical/mod legends as seen on DSA Quartz.

This set will be using stock Signature Plastics colors:
Slate Grey-Blue (GSM) alphas
Black (NN) modifiers
Golden (YCB) legends
Red (RA) accents

More

Allow me to elaborate on the inspiration to this set. Being born and raised in Las Vegas, there was very little to identify ourselves with when I was a kid. We were constantly poked at for not having culture, only as a city that was meant to entertain everybody else. This silly little misfit of a team brought so much to a city full of misfit locals and was able to finally give us all in this town something of OUR OWN to cheer for and identify ourselves with. Nobody thought hockey would work in the desert, everybody doubted it just as they had doubted Las Vegas locals throughout my whole life. Boy did we show them. They have been nothing but wonderful regarding community events, and were a gigantic factor during the healing process for this city after the shooting in 2017. This team made the biggest impact I have ever seen in my local community, and I would love nothing more than to simply share my love for these colors with you all.

This set was kitted for cost effectiveness for small board users, prioritizing physical compatibility for many popular small boards from Preonic to Minivan to Prime e. There will also be a child kit that includes keys that will help support larger modded smaller boards, as well as physical compatibility for 60-65% keyboards. The goal is to support the keyboards I found myself using daily made by the wonderful people of the 40% community.

$75 40's Base kit
Physically covers most small keyboards from Minivan, to Preonic, to Corne, whatever!
Worked really hard with the 40's community to make sure everybody was covered.

$45 60-65% Kit.
Wanted to make a kit that was small enough to attach to the base for larger mod 40's, while also giving compatibility to 60-65%s.

Alpha legends may not be completely accurate in these kitting pictures or renders, refer to this image to get a better idea of what the set will be using.

DSA Historic will be running thanks to the wonderful Knoblesseoblige over at Store.Aeternus.co!

Group buy will take place June 1st - July 2nd!

ETA: Under under four months, so expect this set to be in your hands Q4 2021!

MB44 by Melonbreb

Rama m65a by Llama

4x12 Ortho by uhhh lots of people

Ribbon by Misono

Bepovan by God King Bep(o)

Everyone in the 40% community! You're a wonderful community full of makers and creators that continue to keep my interest in this hobby alive. Consider joining the 40% discord and joining the IC channel for this set! Consider joining the discord here!
Knoblesseoblige for dealing with my endless concerns and being super supportive of this project.
Misono for all the renders! Seriously wonderful job and was willing to make every single little adjustment I requested.
Dong for being the best group of friends I stumbled upon in this hobby.
Everyone who gave input to this project. Every single IC form filled out, words of support, replies to this very IC that say "reserved", they all give me so much juice. Thanks!
« Last Edit: Thu, 16 June 2022, 13:09:24 by Kokaloo »

Offline of_sam

glwb  :thumb:
Typing on: HHKB Pro 2 - Stock :aware:
Collection: F1.69, Police, Jubi, RF 87U, En Dash, Rosenthal, Soulless, Frog, Calliope, GAF 910, Sabre, W1-AT

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙

Offline 2fifty3

• dangerous memer
gimme gimme gimme! glwb hoping this hits MOQ!!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
Re: [GB] DSA Historic | Live June 1st - July 2nd!!
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 15:20:34 »

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 16 June 2021, 12:07:19 »
Bumpin this thread up to let you guys know we're about two weeks out from GB closing!!
Numbers are climbing, things are steady. Expect an MOQ update in the upcoming few days. Excited to get this set to you and thank you all for the support!

Offline Chippy

• sus chef
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 15:12:00 »
love the theming, glwb. go knights
1.2og | Buddy 6xx | Le Fishe V1 Proto | xyz60 Rev2 | Quartermaster | Chimera65 | Satisfaction75 | Realforce 84u | Zenith Z-150 | Realforce 86u | 378
More
This and the swiss cheese keyboard is the next generation of keyboards

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 24 June 2021, 16:38:18 »
love the theming, glwb. go knights

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 29 June 2021, 03:07:01 »
Both kits will be made!

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 02 July 2021, 12:22:35 »
Hi guys, just wanna give a shout that today is the last day to nab this set. Thanks to everyone who supported this!

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
Re: [GB] DSA Historic | Closed! Thank you for supporting! | ETA Q4 2021
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 06 July 2021, 23:20:55 »
@Kokaloo I just returned to this hobby & missed out on your GB. Will there be extras? Or can I just buy a set from you now. I am a 40 user & need this set.

Sent from my Surface Duo using Tapatalk

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 14:18:34 »
@Kokaloo I just returned to this hobby & missed out on your GB. Will there be extras? Or can I just buy a set from you now. I am a 40 user & need this set.

Sent from my Surface Duo using Tapatalk

Sorry for the late reply, but yes there will be a few extras which is what I came here to post about today lol. If you wanna join the 40's discord (here) and join the Historic channel, updates will likely be posted there before here!

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #12 on: Fri, 09 July 2021, 18:37:17 »

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #13 on: Thu, 04 November 2021, 13:43:36 »
Hey everybody, sorry for those who have been following this as their main means of updates, I've been simply terrible at updating here and I apologize. Mostly because there hasn't been much, but we finally got a more specific timeline back from SP.

The set is on track to being produced in late December. The reason we aren't on track for our q4 2021 eta ship date was due to not submitting the order until about a month after the GB closed, for that I wanna apologize. However this set is definitely on rack to getting to y'all very early next year, thankfully being able to skip the likely holiday post shenanigans.

If you have any questions or anything like that, don't hesitate to post! Stay Golden peeps.

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
« Reply #14 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 00:20:11 »
Hey everybody, the sets have arrived at Aeternus!

I'm generally really happy with the colors, and I'll be sure to get some more pictures in different lighting for ya'll once I have a set in my hands. Unfortunately, there's a few slight issues that we're going to attempt to resolve. In the two images below are a layout of the base kit, and the 60s kit. The only issue we've found is the alighnment of the backtick and quote key. We've e-mailed SP about this, and they will be replacing them, so expect shipping to begin right as Aeternus gets those within a few weeks.

A note unfortunately about the 6u bar, we didn't know before but SP DSA 6u bars aren't actually the standard 6u bars you would normally use. They have a different mounting point for stabs that, from what I understand, isn't a widely used footprint. tl;dr, your 6u compatible board won't be compatible with the 6u bar you'll be receiving from Historic if you bought the 60s kit. SP also unfortunately does not seem to want to provide a fix for this at the moment, as that would require a new mold. I'm really, terribly sorry about this.

Thanks again to everyone who supported this!! If you missed out, there will be a handful of extras available once they all ship out. If you have any questions or issues, don't hesitate to contact me or Aeternus.
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 January 2022, 16:56:00 by Kokaloo »

Offline depressedkeebs

• Depressed Keebs
GL with the GB!

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
GL with the GB!

all skill no luck bardown celly baby

Offline Kokaloo

• 🤘(• ω •)🤙
hi everyone this set ran and shipped and here are some dope pics by the very people that made it happen

https://imgur.com/a/TfzdXpg

means a lot to me thank you all one final time!!