geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] Memphis 25 - The Spacemouse macropad

<< < (2/12) > >>

nkallen:

--- Quote from: Devilosis on Thu, 11 February 2021, 10:23:14 ---I don't understand the need for a rotary encoder, but otherwise, everything looks great.
Also, do you have any target price in mind yet?

--- End quote ---

The encoder can be used for things like brush size when sculpting. However, I will admit it's partly decorative.

The price will depend on how many I sell. There are significant discounts with a larger volume. I think $150ish is where this will pencil out but it could easily be +/- $50

Raravin:
I think keep either the mouse or the encoder. I am looking for something like this but having both in the same area and so close seems slightly a hindrance.  Looking forward to it though.

keeganzero:
Not for me, but I can understand the use case and it's interesting/different.

ycanales:
Interesting! How does the mouse thing works? It’s a trackball?

nkallen:

--- Quote from: Raravin on Thu, 11 February 2021, 11:52:43 ---I think keep either the mouse or the encoder. I am looking for something like this but having both in the same area and so close seems slightly a hindrance.  Looking forward to it though.

--- End quote ---

Well I appreciate the feedback but given the way the space mouse is held it's impossible to accidentally hit the encoder. It can't get in the way if that's your worry. This video might be useful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySLfuQc-j5U

The knob is not as easy to reach as a key on the home row but it's useful to have sometimes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version