Author Topic: springs, clear switches  (Read 26722 times)

Offline berserkfan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
Re: Gutz's Switches, Stems (updated)
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 07 November 2014, 00:04:50 »
Haha, I was about to try and get my clear switches from you. When you're throwing together a 60%, buying 110 is a bit excessive. Now I've got 49 extra switches.

Ah, what a pity. But if you still need, I can put you on a waiting list. No obligation; I just need to find enough time to make more jailhouse blues (to replace the clears that I remove).

For now, this thread is locked. I am happy to sell brown or black switches but demand for these is slow, so anyone interested can just PM me. I want to free up this thread so that I can post something else.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline berserkfan

Re: Gutz's Endgame: Ergodox $103+ship+donate; WTT WTS WTB switches keycaps
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 13:53:35 »
thread unlocked and updated!
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 15:31:28 »
YGPM
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline cannonking

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 18 November 2014, 22:19:27 »
Thanks for the fast shipping on the Clears. Singapore to England in 4 days  :thumb:.

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 19 November 2014, 19:19:59 »
bump

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 00:20:27 »
bump

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 01:32:44 »
Do you happen to have any blue switches for sale?
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 19:58:30 »
bump

Offline mogo

• handshoes and horse grenades
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 21 November 2014, 20:05:38 »
Hey gutz!

Do you know the keyboard these chinese keycaps came from? I love them, but the profiles on the keys are distinctly -not- QWERTY. I arranged it by profile and the rows look like this:

The bottom two rows are the same, so it's 5, 1, 2, 3, 4, 4. Just wondering what the original layout was because I can't assemble the roman letters as I normally would, or else I would be typing on mountains of different profiles :P

Edit: CRAP I posted this in the wrong thread. I meant to reply to your other WTS thread. >.<
« Last Edit: Fri, 21 November 2014, 20:07:55 by mogo »

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 22 November 2014, 04:01:28 »
Hey gutz!

Do you know the keyboard these chinese keycaps came from? I love them, but the profiles on the keys are distinctly -not- QWERTY. I arranged it by profile and the rows look like this:
Show Image

The bottom two rows are the same, so it's 5, 1, 2, 3, 4, 4. Just wondering what the original layout was because I can't assemble the roman letters as I normally would, or else I would be typing on mountains of different profiles :P

Edit: CRAP I posted this in the wrong thread. I meant to reply to your other WTS thread. >.<

Am pretty sure that I mentioned more than once that this is from a POS keyboard. One of my matrix layout POS boards, a 65 key Hengyu that looks most like a 50 key Model M/F that I was selling, with the addition of a new row on top. http://www.hengyu-tech.com.cn/zh-CN/displayproduct.html?proID=150877 

When I translated the Chinese legends for you I did tell you that the legends are mostly for a POS/ accounting machine.

The original layout for letters was indeed something like how I photographed it, running systematically with A at the top left and Z on the bottom right. This isn't a QWERTY machine and I thought it was kinda exotic because it dates from a time when Chinese users were not internationalized enough to use Qwerty. Nowadays they're all standardized, much to me sadness. Also, because Hengyu is like Access-IS in customizing keyboards for institutional buyers, this is probably a fairly unique profile. Asked them once before, they said they don't sell retail.

(When I saw how they laid out the Roman letters I was laughing because I imagined the original buyer as some State Owned Enterprise run by communist bureaucrats who don't use much English so they prefer to peck out their letters A-Z.)

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #60 on: Sat, 22 November 2014, 04:24:42 »
I was really hoping that the broken ergodox would come back on the market fixed =(

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #61 on: Sat, 22 November 2014, 06:05:36 »
I was really hoping that the broken ergodox would come back on the market fixed =(

I'm talking to Vatin and he'll look for his cable which he misplaced. If nobody buys I'll eventually try my hand at fixing. Just that once I decided the iayout was not for me I bumped it down on my list of priorities.

I've also considered an alternative arrangement for the layout. The page up and down keys on the ergodox are too far away for my hands, but what if I changed them to rarely used keys like tilde and escape? That will allow me to keep the ergodox and use it, without actually using the second and third thumb rows which are too much of a stretch for me.

Offline FinancialWar

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 22 November 2014, 08:37:08 »
You can get a brand new Ergodox for $199...
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #63 on: Sat, 22 November 2014, 19:44:06 »

+ shipping and keycaps

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #64 on: Sat, 22 November 2014, 20:26:45 »

+ shipping and keycaps

That ergodox is now wayyy behind in my priority queue for projects. I think it will take me at least one more year to convert everything I own to jailhouse blues. So I have plentttyyyyy of time to sell.
 :p

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 23 November 2014, 22:46:54 »
bump

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 24 November 2014, 23:40:20 »
bump

next item to be listed: Phantom PCB (gotta take photo)

Offline berserkfan

Re: Gutz's Endgame: Phantom PCB; Ergodox; WTT WTS WTB switches keycaps
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 21:02:18 »
bump

Offline FinancialWar

« Reply #68 on: Tue, 25 November 2014, 22:03:25 »
Can I lowball you on the Ergo dox?
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 November 2014, 22:06:16 by FinancialWar »
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 00:16:10 »
Can I lowball you on the Ergo dox?

Go ahead, the worst is I will say no and second worst is that Dorkvader gets less funding for his Hall Effect project.  :p

Besides, now that I've bumped it down on my priority list, it will be at least 6 months before I devote time to playing with it. It all depends on my many tedious desoldering and plate modding projects, as I transform my clears boards into jailhouse blues. Even if I fix this Ergodox I will still have to desolder...

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 26 November 2014, 21:47:03 »
bump

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #71 on: Thu, 27 November 2014, 21:08:27 »
Feel free to make an offer, I am thinking of permanently storing everything not sold by year's end as I have pretty much arrived at my endgame in terms of layout.

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #72 on: Sat, 29 November 2014, 10:40:49 »
Is the something wrong with the date? I was thinking that I must have bumped this thread, but the date says otherwise.

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 02:54:42 »
bump

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #74 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 02:20:36 »
bump

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #75 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 01:42:38 »
bump

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 03:04:40 »
bump

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #77 on: Thu, 04 December 2014, 23:53:33 »
Answer to someone who has been contacting me by PM:

Let me give you some friendly advice since you have indicated a shoulder pain problem that I would like to help you solve, without actually selling you my ergodox:
1)   You can try this layout. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Cherry-USB-Keyboard-RC80BM-Black-/131366427895?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item1e960c9cf7 The seller is very nice and friendly and will easily discount 25%, maybe 30%. I have the RC128BM version and did my first split modified colemak layout on it and loved it totally. Put the numpad in the middle so your alphas are 4 keys apart. Totally programmable, indubitably solid build. Very heavy. I have a photo log of the RC128BM (Tipro) internals somewhere. If you don’t buy, sooner or later I will give in to temptation and buy!

2)   You can try the Hengyu or Citaq POS keyboards. Right now the shop I bought them from http://shop67856580.taobao.com/shop/view_shop-7f437f1e2250807a9e7eac863b8fa7b6.htm?spm=a1z0b.7.1000329.1.xiwrao  on Taobao is out of stock, but they are very inexpensive when sold as scrap. They’re easy to hook up to teensy, light yet sturdy. There’s space to include a Bluetooth module for wireless use. One Citaq or two Hengyu will allow you to do a split layout, and the advantage of a matrix layout is that they are going to have far, far closer locations for your thumbs. Unless you have a Nordic goddess for a girlfriend, I don’t think Ergodox is comfortable for most women’s hands.

3)   You can buy a pair of Access-IS 10x8 matrix keyboards as shown in the pictures in the OP on this thread. These are easy to USB-program. I am not selling mine but just keep your eyes open.

4)   Take a deep breath and buy this https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=46277.0 from Prdlm. Since you’re good at bargaining you might get it for under $200.

5)   Go for this http://www.ebay.com/itm/KINESIS-ESSENTIAL-KB132PC-WIRED-ERGONOMIC-KEYBOARD-WHITE-USED-/121503248440?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item1c4a287038 It’s the original ergodox and only $100 shipped.

Offline tospace2006

« Reply #78 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 13:27:00 »
Answer to someone who has been contacting me by PM:

Let me give you some friendly advice since you have indicated a shoulder pain problem that I would like to help you solve, without actually selling you my ergodox:
1)   You can try this layout. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Cherry-USB-Keyboard-RC80BM-Black-/131366427895?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item1e960c9cf7 The seller is very nice and friendly and will easily discount 25%, maybe 30%. I have the RC128BM version and did my first split modified colemak layout on it and loved it totally. Put the numpad in the middle so your alphas are 4 keys apart. Totally programmable, indubitably solid build. Very heavy. I have a photo log of the RC128BM (Tipro) internals somewhere. If you don’t buy, sooner or later I will give in to temptation and buy!

2)   You can try the Hengyu or Citaq POS keyboards. Right now the shop I bought them from http://shop67856580.taobao.com/shop/view_shop-7f437f1e2250807a9e7eac863b8fa7b6.htm?spm=a1z0b.7.1000329.1.xiwrao  on Taobao is out of stock, but they are very inexpensive when sold as scrap. They’re easy to hook up to teensy, light yet sturdy. There’s space to include a Bluetooth module for wireless use. One Citaq or two Hengyu will allow you to do a split layout, and the advantage of a matrix layout is that they are going to have far, far closer locations for your thumbs. Unless you have a Nordic goddess for a girlfriend, I don’t think Ergodox is comfortable for most women’s hands.

3)   You can buy a pair of Access-IS 10x8 matrix keyboards as shown in the pictures in the OP on this thread. These are easy to USB-program. I am not selling mine but just keep your eyes open.

4)   Take a deep breath and buy this https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=46277.0 from Prdlm. Since you’re good at bargaining you might get it for under $200.

5)   Go for this http://www.ebay.com/itm/KINESIS-ESSENTIAL-KB132PC-WIRED-ERGONOMIC-KEYBOARD-WHITE-USED-/121503248440?pt=PCA_Mice_Trackballs&hash=item1c4a287038 It’s the original ergodox and only $100 shipped.

Still PMed

Offline berserkfan

Re: Gutz's Endgame: Phantom PCB; WTT WTS WTB switches keycaps
« Reply #79 on: Sun, 07 December 2014, 20:48:57 »
bump

Offline berserkfan

Re: Gutz's Endgame: Phantom PCB; WTT WTS WTB switches keycaps
« Reply #80 on: Mon, 08 December 2014, 21:44:01 »
bump

Offline berserkfan

Re: Phantom PCB w teensy; Clear and other switches
« Reply #81 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 00:18:17 »
post edited and bumped up

I will not have restock after this except for black switches!

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 21:24:03 »
bump

how come no one wants the Phantom PCB? Is there something wrong with the pricing? Shipping for me will be at least $15 (need a box to protect) so you're getting it at a great price if you're in Europe/Oz.

Offline findingthelimit

• Rawr
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 10 December 2014, 23:20:43 »
I am interested in how the teensy works; I sent you a PM. I'm pretty new to this, and I would really like a tactile grey, linear grey, and white switch just to play around with. I don't mind paying for this.
Poker 2 reds, GH60 42g ergo clears

Offline minh278

• In life we will only fall, How far will we fall?
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 00:00:01 »
Just curious, did you kill a skidata to get those clears? the timing makes me wonder.
Keyboards:  Final Fantasy XI XIth Anniversary keyboard (topre 45g) | Realforce Rgb (topre 45g, Eva Noctilucous keyset) | Mionix Zibal 60 (mx black, Vortex doubleshot) | Greymark (white alps) | IBM model M (found in the trash!)

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #85 on: Thu, 11 December 2014, 00:54:49 »
Just curious, did you kill a skidata to get those clears? the timing makes me wonder.

absolutely not.

I am pretty much over the buying phase now, so any good deals I post for others are just as a public service

I bought or modded many keyboards with different layouts over a long period of time and am slowly desoldering them. The clears are actually easier to desolder because most are from PCB mounted. The blacks are hell, and nobody wants to pay for them, but unfortunately all the POS and matrix boards that have layouts I DO want to use, are all using blacks so I have to desolder if I am to get any use out of the POS board.

Offline macmakkara

« Reply #86 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 00:10:12 »
Hello there!

How much for Phantom + all Clears shipped to fin?

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #87 on: Fri, 12 December 2014, 19:28:05 »
phantom sold!

Offline berserkfan

Re: 45g Light Spring offer free shipping
« Reply #88 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 09:01:22 »
bump

Help me close shop! I want next Thursday to be my last postage day this year!

Offline turtlobenzene

« Reply #89 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 21:10:38 »
Any of the springs left?

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #90 on: Sun, 14 December 2014, 21:28:02 »
updated post. help me get rid of all my light springs, black stems, red stems, brown stems! I want to close shop for the year!

I still have a handful of clear springs and stems but am out of switch housings because I gave away too many  :(    30 cents per clear spring+stem, I think I have 30 but must check again. Probably not enough for a poker, but if I like you I'll rummage and see what I can find.

Offline berserkfan

Re: 45g Light Spring also Blue MX Stems may ship free!
« Reply #91 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 00:28:38 »
updated again

buy my blue, brown, red and black stems and let me call it a year! I do so much want the coming thursday to be my last post office trip of the year!

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #92 on: Mon, 15 December 2014, 22:43:38 »
bump with update

buy up my blue springs and stems! I wanna call it a year on geekhack and ship everything by this thursday!!! and check out listing 41 on my keycaps thread for my awesome new Reuters thick doubleshots!

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #93 on: Tue, 16 December 2014, 19:06:03 »
bump

Offline MrRooks

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Always be knolling
« Reply #94 on: Sat, 20 December 2014, 19:50:30 »
You've got a PM

Offline berserkfan

Re: Blue MX Stems and some switches may ship free!
« Reply #95 on: Tue, 23 December 2014, 21:42:55 »
bump

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #96 on: Wed, 24 December 2014, 19:11:53 »
bump

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #97 on: Fri, 26 December 2014, 05:00:16 »
bump

making another trip to post office tomorrow

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #98 on: Fri, 26 December 2014, 22:43:48 »
bump

Offline berserkfan

Re: 104 Jailhouse Blue switches, Blue MX Stems and some other switches
« Reply #99 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 20:17:01 »
now selling 104 jailhouse blues!

did my worst ever keyboard last night and lifted too many pads, so keyboard is being junked and the blues are being sold.