Author Topic: Left-handed or ambidextrous wireless mouse?  (Read 9206 times)

Offline iri

Left-handed or ambidextrous wireless mouse?
« on: Sat, 30 January 2021, 06:41:36 »
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for a good wireless mouse to use with my left hand. I don't need more than two buttons and the scrolling wheel. I think it'd be best if the buttons and the wheel are quiet and lightweight. (EDIT: the mouse is not for gaming).

Searching GH, it seems like the natural choice for a mouse like this (that is currently available) is Logitech G900/G903. But those seem a bit overkill since I don't need all the extra buttons. Any other mice I might look at?

Thanks
« Last Edit: Sun, 31 January 2021, 07:31:03 by iri »
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Left-handed or ambidextrous wireless mouse?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 31 January 2021, 00:15:22 »
The 900/903 has block offs to remove side buttons you don't need. As for the rest, the big middle  nub is actually scroll release, not a button for function, the two below are the only other extras. Compared to many mice (I had a G700 prior), it's rather minimalistic. I call it the most boring expensive mouse you can buy, but I do agree it's overkill for "just a mouse".

On the other hand you can find 900's new in box for about the price or a refurbished 903 (under $90) and it is a great mouse with relatively easy Omron switch replacement (unlike many other Logitech) so it may still be your best bet in the long run if you burn through switches like I do.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline iri

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 31 January 2021, 06:14:59 »
Unfortunately, I can't find a new G900 here in the UK for less than £99 :(
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 31 January 2021, 06:24:39 »
If it's not for gaming and you can live with tacticle switches then the Logitech M350 Pebble would do just fine.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline iri

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 31 January 2021, 07:41:37 »
Thanks TalkingTree. Yeah, the mouse is not for gaming.

-Ray Bradbury