Author Topic: Pressing/Holding more than one key with the same finger simultaneously  (Read 716 times)

Offline FoxWolf1

So lately I've noticed that when gaming, especially if I'm playing something that requires using a lot of keys (like Ring Runner), I sometimes press more than one key with the same finger. I don't think I'm losing keypresses to my Das's 6KRO (though, if I am resorting to such measures, the situation is likely hectic enough that it's hard to tell for sure how much is getting through), but I could definitely see how it would be possible to exceed 6KRO even with one hand on the mouse.

It's probably not wise to try this on a non-mechanical keyboard...the required finger angles would be pretty crazy without over-travel.

A few things that I've caught myself doing:
-Assign a command that gets held down a lot to Q while using WASD to maneuver. While holding down Q with the ring finger, A can be pressed by flattening out the finger.
-Likewise E and D.
-Since A and D are not used simultaneously, if only Q or E is needed, pressing that key with the middle of the finger allows the same finger to also press number keys.
-X and C are easy to hold down simultaneously with the thumb while using the other fingers higher up on the keyboard.
-In desperate situations, Z or Space can also be pressed with the thumb without releasing X or C. It's pretty uncomfortable, though.

So. Anyone else find they sometimes press more than one key with the same finger at the same time on purpose?
Oberhofer Model 1101 | PadTech Hall Effect (Prototype) | RK RC930-104 v2 | IBM Model M | Noppoo TANK | Keycool Hero 104