Author Topic: Geekhack Handwriting Thread and Fountain Pen Thread  (Read 426102 times)

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
Re: Geekhack Handwriting Thread and Fountain Pen Thread
« Reply #200 on: Fri, 10 October 2014, 22:11:15 »
Show Image

Show Image

A mix of decent printing, bad printing, crap printing, and half-assed cursive for your enjoyment :D

Oh yeah and fully dry (5-10min) the bleach will not make the color run.  The ink is smudge proof after about 45 seconds.

Is that one of those Italic Calligraphy nibs? Love the ink too...aside from just Black & Blue I'm having a hard time thinking of an ink I want to buy next.
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 October 2014, 12:28:04 by do_Og@n »

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #201 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 11:01:55 »

A mix of decent printing, bad printing, crap printing, and half-assed cursive for your enjoyment :D

Oh yeah and fully dry (5-10min) the bleach will not make the color run.  The ink is smudge proof after about 45 seconds.

This is really cool. You guys keep making me want a fountain pen more and more. Mainly just to play with cool inks :D
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #202 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 12:31:33 »
The nib on this and most other Noodler's pens is called a flex nib.  The flex nib is pressure sensitive.  A calligraphy nib is usually a chisel or italic nib.  They are often flat/hard edges.

Here's a nice video of a nice flex nib,

60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #203 on: Sat, 11 October 2014, 12:47:07 »
wow that's really sweet. I didn't expect the nib to expand and retract like that, clearly I know very little about fountain pens.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #204 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 22:27:41 »

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #205 on: Wed, 15 October 2014, 23:39:31 »
Those custom nibs are VERY expensive, but produce amazing results in the right hands.  The nib itself is $80+ and customization is +$110.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Grendel

• Firmware for Costar Replacement Controllers
« Reply #206 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 00:07:41 »
Very dangerous hobby to get sucked into -- for your wallet that is ;) Just got a LAMY 2k M back I had sent to Pendleton Brown for a regrind into a stub -- he did a fantastic job, it's currently my main pen (along w/ a Parker 45 Harlequin Circlet M and a Parker 75 Flighter S.) I'll try to get a current handwriting sample, too late right now :/ Meanwhile here are some selected pics I put up over the years for your enjoyment :)

Currently using: RK-9000WH/GR, CMS QFXT w/ Ghost Squid
- I'm game !

Offline iri

« Reply #207 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 03:05:24 »
Very dangerous hobby to get sucked into -- for your wallet that is ;)
i've sold all my fountain pens but three and all keyboards but one.
i belong neither here nor on fpn.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline feizor

« Reply #208 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 03:29:56 »
Can anyone suggest pen and ink for a beginner? Are the noodlers on mass drop at the moment any good?

Offline iri

« Reply #209 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 04:37:08 »
Lamy Safari F; Parker Quink Blue.
Noodler ink is nice.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #210 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 06:29:42 »
Can anyone suggest pen and ink for a beginner? Are the noodlers on mass drop at the moment any good?

I agree with Iri. I'm really liking my Lamy pens! The Pilot Metropolitan is another inexpensive pen.

Another really good one is the Pilot Varsity. It may be a disposable but it writes extremely smooth and you can open it up (if you are careful) and refill it.

Thanks again Captain!

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #211 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 12:27:32 »
My pick for newbie pens,

Pilot Metropolitan - http://www.gouletpens.com/Pilot_Metropolitan_Fountain_Pens_s/1336.htm
Platinum Preppy - http://www.gouletpens.com/Platinum_Preppy_Fountain_Pen_s/879.htm
Lamy Safari - http://www.gouletpens.com/Lamy_Safari_Fountain_Pens_s/934.htm

When choosing an ink I believe its important to choose if you want water resistant or regular inks, and it's important to know what sort of paper you'd like to write on.

My top "permanent" ink choices are,

R&K Salix (Iron Gall) - http://www.gouletpens.com/Rohrer_Klingner_Salix_Iron_Gall_Ink_p/rk40711050.htm
R&K Scabiosa (Iron Gall) - http://www.gouletpens.com/Rohrer_Klingner_Scabiosa_Iron_Gall_Ink_p/rk40710050.htm
Noodler's Bad Belted Kingfisher - http://www.gouletpens.com/Noodlers_Bad_Belted_Kingfisher_Ink_3oz_p/n19062.htm
Diamine Registrar's Black - http://www.gouletpens.com/Diamine_100ml_Registrars_Ink_p/d4038.htm
Diamine Registrar's Blue Black - http://www.gouletpens.com/Diamine_30ml_Registrars_Ink_p/d3038.htm

Top regular (washable) inks,

Most all of the Diamine line (not registrars or pigmented) - http://www.gouletpens.com/Diamine_Bottled_Ink_s/783.htm
Noodler's X-Feather for writing on all kinds of paper - http://www.gouletpens.com/Noodlers_X_Feather_Ink_3oz_p/n19046.htm
Private Reserve Chocolat - http://www.gouletpens.com/Private_Reserve_Chocolat_Ink_p/pr32ch.htm
Private Reserve Shoreline Gold - http://www.gouletpens.com/Private_Reserve_Shoreline_Gold_Ink_p/pr22sg.htm
Most all of the R&K inks (not iron gall) - http://www.gouletpens.com/Rohrer_Klingner_Bottled_Ink_s/1100.htm

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #212 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 12:57:59 »
Grendel, What is that thin pen with the untapered body? Usually I'm not a big fan of fountain pens since I prefer pens with thinner bodies, but that seems pretty sweet.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #213 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 13:13:05 »

My first was a Safari but if I had to do it again, I would have gone with the Metropolitan.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #214 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 13:17:23 »
Still rocking the Pilot Precise v5. Though this thread does make want to try fountain...
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #215 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 13:18:23 »
Though this thread does make want to try fountain...

I believe I have a Varsity still. If I do, I can send it to you so you can try a fountain pen. They're marketed as disposable so they're cheap but you can actually refill them. PM me if you're interested :D. I sent one to do_Og@n who had this to say.

Another really good one is the Pilot Varsity. It may be a disposable but it writes extremely smooth and you can open it up (if you are careful) and refill it.

Thanks again Captain!

You're quite welcome :D.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #216 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 13:32:23 »
Though this thread does make want to try fountain...

I believe I have a Varsity still. If I do, I can send it to you so you can try a fountain pen. They're marketed as disposable so they're cheap but you can actually refill them. PM me if you're interested :D. I sent one to do_Og@n who had this to say.

Thanks again Captain!

You're quite welcome :D.
Maximum bro level achieved. Thanks!

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Grendel

« Reply #217 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 15:56:49 »
Grendel, What is that thin pen with the untapered body? Usually I'm not a big fan of fountain pens since I prefer pens with thinner bodies, but that seems pretty sweet.

The LAMY CP1 ? (CP1 @ Goulet's)
- I'm game !

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #218 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 20:54:19 »

The shakes are no bueno this week.

* Binge yells at his hands.

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #219 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 21:11:00 »
noodlers on massdrop?

no way............
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #220 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 21:15:59 »
Very dangerous hobby to get sucked into -- for your wallet that is ;) Just got a LAMY 2k M back I had sent to Pendleton Brown for a regrind into a stub -- he did a fantastic job, it's currently my main pen (along w/ a Parker 45 Harlequin Circlet M and a Parker 75 Flighter S.) I'll try to get a current handwriting sample, too late right now :/ Meanwhile here are some selected pics I put up over the years for your enjoyment :)

Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image
Show Image

great to see another appreciate parker 45's........being somewhat slender they are not for everybody, but i like them. i have a Harlequin as well and love it :thumb:
More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #221 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 21:19:50 »
Just discovered these guys... I'm having a little bit of trouble holding back.   :confused:

http://www.franklin-christoph.com/

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #222 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 21:24:50 »
People can't say enough good things about the music nib and their pens in general. I hope they're at the Ohio pen show.

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #223 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 21:27:17 »
People can't say enough good things about the music nib and their pens in general. I hope they're at the Ohio pen show.

I still hate YOU for my wife not letting me go.

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #224 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 21:38:39 »

no worries....... :eek:

appreciate your list of inks- will have to try 1 or 2 of them
More

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #225 on: Thu, 16 October 2014, 22:15:22 »

no worries....... :eek:

appreciate your list of inks- will have to try 1 or 2 of them

I'm just playing with CPT, but really I am upset for not being able to go to the OHPS.

The inks are where this hobby really gets you IMO.

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #226 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 01:04:20 »
Just discovered these guys... I'm having a little bit of trouble holding back.   :confused:

I'm waiting to order one of their 1.1mm Calligraphy nibs for my Jinhao x750.

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #227 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 13:46:17 »
Moar writing samples,

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #228 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 14:16:08 »
Moar writing samples,

Show Image

hahaha.. Noice...   Finally this isn't just a shopping thread, people actually using pens..

Offline feizor

« Reply #229 on: Fri, 17 October 2014, 16:53:45 »
Lamy Safari F; Parker Quink Blue.
Noodler ink is nice.

My pick for newbie pens,

Pilot Metropolitan - http://www.gouletpens.com/Pilot_Metropolitan_Fountain_Pens_s/1336.htm
Platinum Preppy - http://www.gouletpens.com/Platinum_Preppy_Fountain_Pen_s/879.htm
Lamy Safari - http://www.gouletpens.com/Lamy_Safari_Fountain_Pens_s/934.htm

When choosing an ink I believe its important to choose if you want water resistant or regular inks, and it's important to know what sort of paper you'd like to write on.

My top "permanent" ink choices are,

R&K Salix (Iron Gall) - http://www.gouletpens.com/Rohrer_Klingner_Salix_Iron_Gall_Ink_p/rk40711050.htm
R&K Scabiosa (Iron Gall) - http://www.gouletpens.com/Rohrer_Klingner_Scabiosa_Iron_Gall_Ink_p/rk40710050.htm
Noodler's Bad Belted Kingfisher - http://www.gouletpens.com/Noodlers_Bad_Belted_Kingfisher_Ink_3oz_p/n19062.htm
Diamine Registrar's Black - http://www.gouletpens.com/Diamine_100ml_Registrars_Ink_p/d4038.htm
Diamine Registrar's Blue Black - http://www.gouletpens.com/Diamine_30ml_Registrars_Ink_p/d3038.htm

Top regular (washable) inks,

Most all of the Diamine line (not registrars or pigmented) - http://www.gouletpens.com/Diamine_Bottled_Ink_s/783.htm
Noodler's X-Feather for writing on all kinds of paper - http://www.gouletpens.com/Noodlers_X_Feather_Ink_3oz_p/n19046.htm
Private Reserve Chocolat - http://www.gouletpens.com/Private_Reserve_Chocolat_Ink_p/pr32ch.htm
Private Reserve Shoreline Gold - http://www.gouletpens.com/Private_Reserve_Shoreline_Gold_Ink_p/pr22sg.htm
Most all of the R&K inks (not iron gall) - http://www.gouletpens.com/Rohrer_Klingner_Bottled_Ink_s/1100.htm

I agree with Iri. I'm really liking my Lamy pens! The Pilot Metropolitan is another inexpensive pen.

Thanks again Captain!

My first was a Safari but if I had to do it again, I would have gone with the Metropolitan.

Thanks for the recommendations!

I think I will start with a Pilot Metropolitan.

Binge thanks for the ink recommendations, the other half of the equation!

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #230 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 12:47:28 »
Writing tests with some iron gall ink and a noodler's flex pen,

Offline Lastpilot

• Power stance
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #231 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 17:46:01 »

A little bit rushed towards the end, but those are all the variations of my "normal" handwriting, in pencil and pen. Sorry no fountain pens here lol.

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #232 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 21:34:24 »

Show Image

iron gall i thought was some kind of a deep rust..........that looks almost purple?
More

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #233 on: Wed, 22 October 2014, 22:07:48 »

Show Image

iron gall i thought was some kind of a deep rust..........that looks almost purple?

Little bit of historic alchemy here.  Iron Sulfate (FeSO4) when mixed with tannins/tannic acid would create a solution which would permeate and mechanically bond with fibrous materials.  Over time the solution would further oxidize and gradually become a pigment which visibly darkened with exposure to our atmosphere.  Traditional Iron Gall made from Iron Sulfate and Chestnut Gall would turn into a deep black purple over time.

Traditionally Iron Gall is pH2-pH5 but more modern Iron Gall uses better chemical science to achieve the older results with a bit more color variation and pH values closer to neutral.  Iron gall inks are made to be Black-Blue black-Maroon-Violet in color.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 October 2014, 22:09:30 by Binge »

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #234 on: Fri, 24 October 2014, 14:17:20 »
The people who make fountain pen inks seem to put so much effort into their pigments, it's awesome. As much as I love my current pen, I wish I had such a cool selection of inks.

Currently I'm waiting for other people I know to want stuff from jetpens so I don't have to eat the shipping costs by myself :( I want to get some of the finer point purple hi-tec-c refills, .4 is nice, but I really want to try the smaller ones.

Planck w/ Zealios

Offline Larken

« Reply #235 on: Mon, 27 October 2014, 06:59:36 »

Definitely go for the customized selection grounded by Masuyama if you do get their pens. I've gotten nibs from them (with the exception of their music nib, their stock nibs should be made by JoWo, the same OEM supplying TWSBI), which are pretty nice writers, reasonably smooth and a little wet, but nothing exceptional until they're tuned and smoothed imo.

My daily writer is a needlepoint I've gotten from them. I was actually looking around for a nice Japanese ef/f when I chanced upon their site and went for it. It lays down a nice fine line at 0.3mm (very similar to the hi-tec 0.4mm, but could be slightly thicker or thinner depending on the type of paper and how light of a touch I go with. The hi-tec 0.4mm had been my go to pen for nearly a decade before I got bit by the fp bug). Added bonus is that their #5 nibs screw directly into some TWSBI models albeit with some futzing; they fit, but there are some issues. At least I didn't have to buy another whole pen.

Overall I'm very happy with their nibs, and their service is impeccable. I'm also considering getting a 0.8mm medium italic from them (but I don't really have a purpose for italic nibs).
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 October 2014, 07:02:35 by Larken »
| Ergodox #1 | Ergodox #2 |

Filco Majestouch Brown | Ducky 1087 Brown | Cherry G80-3494 Reds | Unicomp Ultra Classics | Cherry G80-8113 Clears |

Offline yasuo

• spanengan puyeng newbie
« Reply #236 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 11:42:53 »
interisting :))
Logitech MK220 Colemak DH
SplitSyml by Moz BlacksMx fuk blacks

2/3 8.5pm                                          in de la my september month ya da all get my fukka "fake message"

Offline Grendel

« Reply #237 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 14:55:08 »
One of my teachers did that on the chalk board in print while explaining the topic. Sounded like a jack-hammer, and we had a hard time keeping up copying and understanding it.. :)
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 October 2014, 14:56:39 by Grendel »
- I'm game !

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #238 on: Thu, 30 October 2014, 15:07:55 »
The people who make fountain pen inks seem to put so much effort into their pigments, it's awesome. As much as I love my current pen, I wish I had such a cool selection of inks.

Currently I'm waiting for other people I know to want stuff from jetpens so I don't have to eat the shipping costs by myself :( I want to get some of the finer point purple hi-tec-c refills, .4 is nice, but I really want to try the smaller ones.

Show Image

As a Sifo, I've used the htc plenty, but they're really just SO SO... LOL.. the japanese surari ink is better and smoother..

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #239 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 10:36:07 »

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #240 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 11:02:15 »

Paradise Blue is by far my favorite ink color. Unfortunately, it doesn't show as vibrantly as I would like in this photo. Foam green is pretty spot on though. I'm a little disappointed in it as it looked a LOT brighter in the swatch booklet we looked through. For the price, the Impressa is a ridiculously nice pen. It's a little on the heavier side, but I like my writing instruments to be a little heftier. That Safari's been through hell and back with me, and the classic sport is my pocket pen. All three of these are my EDC pens.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #241 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 11:30:49 »

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #242 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 19:10:03 »
I like............
More

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #243 on: Mon, 03 November 2014, 20:44:01 »
The difference between standing and writing wherever can find the space and sitting and writing is REAL,

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #244 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 10:31:14 »
The difference between standing and writing wherever can find the space and sitting and writing is REAL,

Show Image

right.............everything in society today is getting so hi-tech that any writing with substance is an event

I am enjoying your daily handwritten notes...........keep it up :thumb:
More

Offline inteli722

• Waiting for too much stuff...
« Reply #245 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 21:05:20 »
Well, after trying out a fountain pen for more and a couple of seconds, here's mine, all written with what I would call a fairly nice fountain pen:

Looks like a broad tip, which isn't my preference, but it writes nice.

Also, sorry for potato pic. Indoors with no windows and phone camera.
More

Visit the Typing Test and try!
R.I.P. SmallFry! You will be dearly missed.
Leopold FC200 |  CoolerMaster QFP Browns | Quickfire Rapid Greens | Quickfire Rapid Blues
Waiting for: Phantom Plate

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #246 on: Tue, 04 November 2014, 21:48:04 »

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati

Offline Binge

• * Maker
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #249 on: Thu, 06 November 2014, 00:35:45 »
Writing for today.  Looking forward to hwood antics.