Author Topic: Model F nut driver in Australia.  (Read 1434 times)

Offline 486

Model F nut driver in Australia.
« on: Sat, 28 July 2012, 06:50:47 »
NOTE: this is only for Model F XT and AT. Terminals have a different screw size for the case.
If anyone is looking for a suitable nut driver for the model F in Australia, i've found one. I searched all around town to find one.
Go to Bunnings and ask for "Stanley Dynagrip" with the model number 0-68-010. I've used this on my model F and works great. It even has a ratchet and 10 screwdriver heads aswell.
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 July 2012, 15:55:10 by 486 »

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
Re: Model F nut driver in Australia.
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 28 July 2012, 10:44:40 »
9/32 nut drivers should be pretty easy to get, even in AUS. Is the one you have posted thin wall?

I was planning on getting another WIHA one like my Model M opener, but I haven't yet.

according to this:
http://www.seasip.info/VintagePC/ibm_6110344_cswap.html

You also need a 1/4 for the controller PCB.

Offline 486

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 28 July 2012, 15:50:00 »
9/32 nut drivers should be pretty easy to get, even in AUS. Is the one you have posted thin wall?
That website is wrong, all the screws were 1/4, not 9/32.  do you mean by thin walled, that it can get remove the case screws, it certainly can. I used that nut driver to take apart my model F AT yesterday. Also if you can't find a Dynagrip, look for a Kincrome TorqueMaster with model number 32080. This also works with model F's.
EDIT: oh, woops. I found out that model you gave me was a terminal. 9/32 is to big to fit in a 1/4. When I mean model F, i mean Model F XT and AT.
I should of been more clear.
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 July 2012, 15:54:14 by 486 »

Offline SmallFry

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Leaving 6/15; returning 6/22 or so.
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 29 July 2012, 10:20:56 »
I happened to find a socket at my local hardware store that did the job. I put it in a socket to screwdriver adapter, into my drill press, and hit it with a little bit of sand paper due to it being a tiny tiny bit to big and then from the drill press to my magnetic screwdriver, the thing works like a charm and as a plus it picks up the bolds because i also dropped a magnet into the socket with some epoxy. :P

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 29 July 2012, 17:15:53 »
Truly and deeply bizarre how the former English colonies have evolved with measurement systems.

As someone who works in construction, I think about these archaic concepts.

To divide into halves, 2 is enough. To divide by both halves and thirds, you have to go to sixths.

That makes little sense, since you often have to divide into halves twice, or quarters.

A system that divides easily by halves, thirds, and quarters, is base 12. Surprise!

If you want to go to the next level with proportions instead of approximations, using 5ths, base 60. Surprise Again!

Nobody gives a damn about 7ths, of course. (4 f_cking twenty?)

So then "THE FRENCH" come along and count their fingers and say "10s make everything easy! Do this!"

And millions of years of evolution go out the window.

IBM buckling springs were made in the USA, and if you don't have Imperial tools, then go jump in the lake.

After the Revolution, we only kept what was important, the English language, Magna Carta, the penny, and Imperial measurements.

PS - I am George Washington's 8th cousin, 6 times removed.

PPS - to quote The Human Torch: "Flame On!"
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"