Author Topic: KBT Poker 2 - switch layout?  (Read 2093 times)

Offline add1ct3dd

KBT Poker 2 - switch layout?
« on: Thu, 25 September 2014, 07:54:47 »
It's likely not possible, but figured I'd ask - bought my US layout Poker 2 on massdrop, but wish I had UK layout as it's getting rather annoying switching between work/home. Also when using Remote Desktop, it switches to UK layout, and that actually means I cannot access keys such as \ and # due to the switchover!!

If it's not possible, is there a way to do it via modding?

Cheers.

Offline sxsf0u

Re: KBT Poker 2 - switch layout?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 19:14:07 »
What do you mean it switches? I've never heard of this but I've only had one mech kb before.
I've reserved one from mass drop, but should I cancel it if it's not working properly?

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 19:33:38 »
it switches to UK software layout when he remotes into a computer that uses the UK layout, is what he means.

there is nothing wrong with the Poker 2. :)

it's just that he wants to change the physical switch layout, not the software layout.
I am not 100% sure if it will work and I can't find my keycap puller to check the PCB for you if it seems possible... I'm sure someone else could answer you though.
you'd definitely need to resolder a lot and maybe get new stabilizers as well. new keycaps for the different buttons too.

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 20:02:58 »
No, it's not. The plates are difference. If you get hold of a universal plate you can, as the pcb they used for the ISO version of the poker is the same for the ANSI version. They have covered the extra holes with solder, so all you have to do is to desolder those.

Offline RED-404

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 27 September 2014, 20:12:34 »
Yeah the plates are different between ANSI and ISO but you can fix the problem in software.
Just add some more input methods if rdp is being finicky and change as needed.

Edit: You may find it better to move the US International layout. This will let you keep all your keys and is built into windows.
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 September 2014, 20:44:04 by RED-404 »