I'm not up to speed on the specifics of this situation

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/cluster****

I dunno, I would have linked to this:

Offline frosty

• jukebox hero
  • Trade Count: (1)
Re: DONE!
« Reply #301 on: Fri, 13 May 2016, 22:22:50 »
Hi folks. In this community we trust each other with money and time and a decent amount of personal information. Threatening to show up at people's doors is how you wreck that trust. Let's just not even go there.

I'm not up to speed on the specifics of this situation, but regardless, hassling someone in real life is a bad idea. Don't do it and don't advocate for it.

amen

Offline nugglets

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #302 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 04:14:43 »
So my package arrived today, and was at least correct for the "big" item.

Ordered vortex white backlit doubleshots, 100 each of cyan, aquamarine and purple LEDs, 200 SIP sockets and a set of cherry stabs.

Got this: http://imgur.com/a/rL8n0

Correct caps, but 100x Green LEDs and nothing else.

Now, I know my order was nothing really so I'm not posting to complain. Just doing so for documentation's sake.

Offline DannyHuynh

« Reply #303 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 04:50:00 »
Hello all !

I'm one of the unfortunate people who have passed an order.
My order :
IBM model M13
IBM model F50
keycaps
for 195$

I have received :
Show Image

I'm available to people who have ordered these keycaps.

Please if you have received my package (Or package for Karandach) please contact me! I would pay shipping.

Self-help is very important, we need to ship packages to the right people.

EDIT : PM sent
This is 195$ and not 295$

Hi, did you receive a set of filco SA keycaps with some extra ISO keys? If that is so, I believe it is my order

Here is my proof
http://imgur.com/a/yrcWY

Offline Karandach

« Reply #304 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 05:46:53 »
Hello all !

My order :
IBM model M13
IBM model F50
keycaps
for 195$

I have received :
Show Image

Please if you have received my package (Or package for Karandach) please contact me! I would pay shipping.

Hi, did you receive a set of filco SA keycaps with some extra ISO keys? If that is so, I believe it is my order

Here is my proof

Hey !

I don't know. This is what I received :

bag 1 : "Filco SA super ANSI-ISO not sure about JIS part GH Almost in UK + mandarin annotations"
bag 2 : "Full set SA from Oia(u?)tec for Filco us ANSI 104 clean but unwashed" / "on Bluetooth Filco fullsize or in here"

If this is your order, you are lucky ! :)

I hope everyone will be honest.

Offline Kibort

« Reply #305 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 11:21:24 »
i paid for those SA keycaps aswel  :'(
http://imgur.com/a/JcWz6

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #306 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 11:27:29 »

Unfortunately, I think at this point, it is safe to say that is very much not the case. I think it's fair to say that the keyboards shipped, since I certainly have Scarpia's right here. And this is NOT a cheap or unwanted 60% board. So we can reasonably assume all of the actual keyboards went out. And we can assume a significant number of people, if not a majority, have in fact received their packages at this point.

Yet somehow not a single person has said "hey, X, I have your keyboard" aside from myself and yzkoo who reported getting a complete MX8100. Everyone else has only reported cheap keycaps. It would seem to me that a not insignificant part of the 'community' is more than happy to steal things other people paid for.
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline biocalves

« Reply #307 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 11:46:01 »

Ordered vortex white backlit doubleshots, 100 each of cyan, aquamarine and purple LEDs, 200 SIP sockets and a set of cherry stabs.

Now, I know my order was nothing really so I'm not posting to complain. Just doing so for documentation's sake.

I assumed you paid the cheap shipping with no tracking? Considering I'm in SoCal as well, hopefully I'll get my mystery box within the next couple of days.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #308 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 11:48:30 »

Unfortunately, I think at this point, it is safe to say that is very much not the case. I think it's fair to say that the keyboards shipped, since I certainly have Scarpia's right here. And this is NOT a cheap or unwanted 60% board. So we can reasonably assume all of the actual keyboards went out. And we can assume a significant number of people, if not a majority, have in fact received their packages at this point.

Yet somehow not a single person has said "hey, X, I have your keyboard" aside from myself and yzkoo who reported getting a complete MX8100. Everyone else has only reported cheap keycaps. It would seem to me that a not insignificant part of the 'community' is more than happy to steal things other people paid for.

I wouldn't assume that just yet.  The heavier orders that shipped and were paid for in a way that was not paypal, I'm sure he didn't upgrade.  So those wouldn't even start to hit for a couple more weeks.  Let's wait until at least a month out to start that kind of thinking- if at all.

This kind of thing affects the solidarity of a community in a very deep way- for good or ill, so I urge caution in using accusatory speak.  In the end, even if someone doesn't speak up, let's keep the blame firmly where it belongs.

Offline Tyr

« Reply #309 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 11:55:24 »
And we can assume a significant number of people, if not a majority, have in fact received their packages at this point.

Not at all. My box for example is still en route. I think this one is actually on a boat, so I don't expect it for a couple of more weeks, even though it was sent late last month.

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #310 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 12:44:45 »
I wouldn't assume that just yet.  The heavier orders that shipped and were paid for in a way that was not paypal, I'm sure he didn't upgrade.  So those wouldn't even start to hit for a couple more weeks.  Let's wait until at least a month out to start that kind of thinking- if at all.

This kind of thing affects the solidarity of a community in a very deep way- for good or ill, so I urge caution in using accusatory speak.  In the end, even if someone doesn't speak up, let's keep the blame firmly where it belongs.

Certainly I would agree there with the larger packages, to a limited extent. We won't know till we know. But it seems rather incomprehensible to me that when we have 2.5kg flat rate packages shipped on May 3rd already arrived in Ohio, SoCal, and so on, we've only seen two keyboards. I wouldn't expect any of the M's or F's to be arrived yet (hell, they take forever even when shipped CONUS), but certainly a lot of the lighter boards (e.g. TKLs, 60%s), kits, and parts should have arrived by now.

Instead, so far the most expensive item reported is what I think is the KBT Pure but may be the PokerX (seriously people, someone check me on which it is) and the zinc keycaps. It could simply be people aren't aware of this thread and are only reporting via Paypal. But so far we have 129 items on the spreadsheet as ordered (definitely low), and only 17 items reported received plus 2 not in the spreadsheet.
I agree completely - it's very damaging to the community as a whole. But it's very hard not to believe that folks are taking advantage, given that data. Doubly so when they have a reasonable belief that they will not get any sort of refund. As has been said: people are not a box of chocolates. They are mostly bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling.
"I remain convinced I am the only person alive who has successfully worn out an IBM Model M mechanically."
Daily Drivers: Adesso 625 (NPKC PBT / Kailh Blue), Rosewill RK9000V2 (KC PBT / MX Brown), 1994 Model M13, Sun Type4, and the rare IBM 1394540.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #311 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 12:49:58 »

Certainly I would agree there with the larger packages, to a limited extent. We won't know till we know. But it seems rather incomprehensible to me that when we have 2.5kg flat rate packages shipped on May 3rd already arrived in Ohio, SoCal, and so on, we've only seen two keyboards. I wouldn't expect any of the M's or F's to be arrived yet (hell, they take forever even when shipped CONUS), but certainly a lot of the lighter boards (e.g. TKLs, 60%s), kits, and parts should have arrived by now.

Instead, so far the most expensive item reported is what I think is the KBT Pure but may be the PokerX (seriously people, someone check me on which it is) and the zinc keycaps. It could simply be people aren't aware of this thread and are only reporting via Paypal. But so far we have 129 items on the spreadsheet as ordered (definitely low), and only 17 items reported received plus 2 not in the spreadsheet.
I agree completely - it's very damaging to the community as a whole. But it's very hard not to believe that folks are taking advantage, given that data. Doubly so when they have a reasonable belief that they will not get any sort of refund. As has been said: people are not a box of chocolates. They are mostly bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling.

And how did they pay?  I'm sure he didn't upgrade any that he didn't have to.  So look at the transit times.  3-5 weeks minimum.

Again, keep the heat on him, not on other victims.

Offline Tyr

« Reply #312 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 12:52:41 »

In dutch we have a saying "Zoals de waard is, vertrouwt hij zijn gasten" - "The innkeeper trusts his guest as much as he would trust himself."

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #313 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 13:20:58 »

In dutch we have a saying "Zoals de waard is, vertrouwt hij zijn gasten" - "The innkeeper trusts his guest as much as he would trust himself."

QFE. But alas; it is not at all untrue that these days people overwhelmingly have an attitude of "I got mine, so screw you" and general entitlement. (Do not even ask how much borderline software piracy I see on a daily basis.) I know full well that I am very much in the minority when it comes to ethics and morals. I'm more than willing to give folks the benefit of the doubt - and certainly folks in Europe are unlikely to have anything - but I also have to work from the available data.

But as I said - it could just be people aren't reporting that they got the wrong item except on Paypal. The bits I am privy to behind the scenes are not particularly promising.

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #314 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 15:22:41 »
I think you should keep your accusation to berserkfan, and not to US victims. I have about 10kg worth of keyboard on the way to me. Waiting to be delivered.
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline DannyHuynh

« Reply #315 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 15:37:54 »
Hello all !

My order :
IBM model M13
IBM model F50
keycaps
for 195$

I have received :
Show Image

Here is my proof

Hey !

I don't know. This is what I received :

bag 1 : "Filco SA super ANSI-ISO not sure about JIS part GH Almost in UK + mandarin annotations"
bag 2 : "Full set SA from Oia(u?)tec for Filco us ANSI 104 clean but unwashed" / "on Bluetooth Filco fullsize or in here"

Show Image

If this is your order, you are lucky ! :)

i paid for those SA keycaps aswel  :'(
http://imgur.com/a/JcWz6

If there are two Full size set, then I believe one of them is Kibort's and one is mine. And according to the PM, the bag that says Bluetooth should be his and ISO should be mine, can you check one more time? I'll send you a PM with ZIP for shipping quote
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 May 2016, 15:40:19 by DannyHuynh »

Offline rootwyrm

• The Hands of Steel
    • My Website!
« Reply #316 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 15:50:45 »
I think you should keep your accusation to berserkfan, and not to US victims. I have about 10kg worth of keyboard on the way to me. Waiting to be delivered.

So here is the PM I got from beserkfan the other day. This, in addition to his public statements that he does not intend to refund everyone - especially people who got more than they paid for (based on his now deleted valuations) - is why I am particularly concerned.
Also, I already gave Scarpia a heads up on this earlier this week. I still haven't heard anything from him.

Hi

You said you got Scarpia's stuff, but that can't be because Scarpia had two huge boxes going to him via sea mail and he paid for only one big box.

What did you get?

if it is light enough to ship/ just a partial order, I suggest you can ship it to my US proxy shipper after which I'll give you a full refund. If you file complaint you'll have to ship back to Singapore as per paypal rules which costs more, whereas I don't feel like funding the shipping to Sweden because Scarpia already seems to be getting too much.

Emphasis is entirely mine of course. Basically his attitude and response at this point is that if you got more than you paid for in his estimation, tough luck, you're not getting a refund. If you ship something back, he's going to demand you eat the cost, and almost definitely won't ship it to the person who paid for it I've already told him that I don't consider this at all acceptable - that makes me an accessory to fraud if I ship him back a keyboard and he doesn't refund the person who was supposed to get it.

We also already have accusations that some people are trying to resell stuff (and MAY have filed a Paypal claim too.) Whether that's true or not, I don't know. But for some folks who got stuff they didn't order and already know or believe they'll never get the stuff they ordered, it's not illogical. This is so far beyond a flustercuck at this point, it's not even funny.

Offline Karandach

« Reply #317 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 16:01:29 »
If there are two Full size set, then I believe one of them is Kibort's and one is mine. And according to the PM, the bag that says Bluetooth should be his and ISO should be mine, can you check one more time? I'll send you a PM with ZIP for shipping quote
No problems I send you photos of the keys tomorrow !

However no shipping before the end of the Paypal dispute.
Berserkfan didn't yet replied. If no answer I transmits to Paypal as complaint next week.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #318 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 16:01:33 »
Where did you see these accusations?   And where is the proof? Emotions are high,  which is why we should deal in facts alone,  and what can be proven not to dilute the blame - which should all be directed to berserkfan alone.   No matter what others do, it wouldn't have been possible if this whole thing had been dealt with better.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Offline DannyHuynh

« Reply #319 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 16:05:30 »

Berserkfan didn't yet replied. If no answer I transmits to Paypal as complaint next week.

Right, I hope you can find your order, or complete your dispute safely. Thank you very much.
I've trusted beserkfan, so I tried to trust the community one more time. That's why I did not file a dispute with PayPal

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #320 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 16:09:49 »

Right, I hope you can find your order, or complete your dispute safely. Thank you very much.
I've trusted beserkfan, so I tried to trust the community one more time. That's why I did not file a dispute with PayPal
I'd advise you not to wait.   Unless he pays you in some other fashion,  there's no way for him to refund your money now that disputes have been filed and escalated. The earlier you file,  the better chance you have of getting in before they realize how big this really is.   But I'm not so sure that ship hasn't sailed already; that image in the other thread is very likely his balance after the first few went against him if it's an accurate picture at all.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Offline nugglets

« Reply #321 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 17:42:56 »

I assumed you paid the cheap shipping with no tracking? Considering I'm in SoCal as well, hopefully I'll get my mystery box within the next couple of days.

Ya, just standard shipping. I'm assuming that because it was such a small box, they just used it as filler on a plane instead of taking the boat.

Customs processing is a total crap shoot, though. Ordered an RGB strip from China awhile back that was even smaller than this. It sat in customs for three weeks, despite flying out the night I ordered and arriving to customs the next day.

As for the comments relating to trusting other members to be honest about what they received... Though it would be disappointing if that were the case, I find no point in speculating or worrying about things that one cannot control themselves. The response in this thread has been very limited and it's probably safe to say the majority of buyers aren't aware of what's happening here. I myself only stumbled into this thread out of curiosity when I saw the thread title "DONE!", which gave absolutely no indication of it's contents.

Likewise, the other thread he started had a title that you knew was going to just be drama and so was likely avoided by many. Might I suggest a new thread which may draw more attention? One specifically related to the accounting being done with the spreadsheet, as well as disputes and their resolutions? I'm new, so I don't know if that would be against the rules, but it seems to me it should help greatly with visibility.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #322 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 20:22:22 »

curiosity when I saw the thread title "DONE!", which gave absolutely no indication of it's contents.

"Do" is slang for "have sex with"

Done is the past tense of do.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline gnarlsagan

• Billions and billions... of keycaps.
« Reply #323 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 22:44:18 »
Hi guys. I ordered black M13 buckling spring keycaps from berserkfan, but have yet to hear anything back from him. Can anyone let me know if they get these keycaps? I haven't gotten anything yet, but if I do I will update here. Posting proof below. (removed since it included berserkfan's email).
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 May 2016, 23:32:57 by gnarlsagan »

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #324 on: Sat, 14 May 2016, 23:28:18 »
Shouldn't you black out berserkfan's info too for security reasons?  :-\

Offline YJL

« Reply #325 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 05:55:40 »
Hello everyone,

Been a lurker and still quite new to the keyboard scene but decided to jump on the sale when I saw that berserkfan is a Singaporean for cheap shipping. I ordered the following from him:

C08. KBT Pure, unlubed 78g clears, blue theme aluminum casing and cable, SIP modded RGB LEDs w extra translucent keycaps, $100

Thick PBT colored grab bag $10 for 80
Tai Hao sets red and black $8 x2 = $16
Teensy 2.0 no pins $14

and received the following:

SA row 3 1u legends and blanks
SA row 2/4 legends and blanks
R4 and R5 black blanks
hyperfuse DCS purple on gray 1x teal on dark gray mods
small bag of SA blank keycaps
small bags of 3-5 keycaps of variety
2 Teensy 2.0
14 bags of white on black keycaps (some are labeled traditional cherry WOB)

I see that there is an excel spreadsheet that is being collated but proof of purchase etc is needed hence I'm posting to ask who should I be PMing for I havent really been following the thread. Unfortunately I paid via local money transfer so I don't think there's any avenue to file a dispute for me so hopefully I can still get a refund.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #326 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 09:17:26 »
Hey folks,

In the interest of not continuing to bump this thread up in the classifieds, please continue discussion in this thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=82065.0.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)